Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinata Hyuga is officially the heiress of the hyuga clan

4 posters

Go down

Hinata Hyuga is officially the heiress of the hyuga clan Empty Hinata Hyuga is officially the heiress of the hyuga clan

Post by Redwind1248 Sun May 03, 2015 12:19 pm

According to the Kiba one-shot Manga written and drawn by Kishimoto himself, Hinata is stated to be the Hyuga clan heiress now.

Here's the source: http://www.readmanga.today/naruto/700.1/7

This post has been modified by Anbu

Last edited by Irielo on Mon May 04, 2015 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double posting goes against the rules.)
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Hinata Hyuga is officially the heiress of the hyuga clan Empty Re: Hinata Hyuga is officially the heiress of the hyuga clan

Post by Irielo Mon May 04, 2015 5:15 am

Thanks for sharing! I like the story told from Akamaru's POV. Was funny to read.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Hinata Hyuga is officially the heiress of the hyuga clan Empty Re: Hinata Hyuga is officially the heiress of the hyuga clan

Post by Redwind1248 Mon May 04, 2015 5:42 am

I'm glad Kiba and Akamaru got some love.
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 am

And the Book of wind with Kakashi's face revealed... Priceless!
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Mon May 04, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm not exactly sure if that's accurate. The first translation out said that Hinata's a daughter of the noble Hyuuga clan in that spot instead. I'm willing to get the opinion of another translator though as the raw for that particular scene has been out since April 26th.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Redwind1248 Tue May 05, 2015 3:05 am

@Yamasaki Akaiko that statement seems redundant. "Hinata's a daughter of the noble Hyuuga clan" sounds very mistranslated if you think about it. It should say something like "Hinata's the sister of the heiress" or "the daughter of the hyuga clan leader." Usually, first translations are incorrect but that's my opinion,though.
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 am

Tbh, I would rather see someone belonging to the Hyuuga clan or someone close enough to the clan confirming if Hinata is indeed the heiress than some random Konoha citizens who might not have a clue about whatever happens inside it.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Redwind1248 Tue May 05, 2015 10:45 am

@Irielo I feel the same way but it was written by Kishimoto and I don't think Kishimoto is one to have a character state something incorrect for no real purpose. Hopefully, Kishi sheds more light into the Hyuga clan. I don't find it hard to believe that at some point Hinata was given back her title. If the elders were able to take it away from her, I don't see why they can't give it back;especially from knowing the amazing feats Hinata has accomplished.
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 05, 2015 11:28 am

Redwind1248 wrote:@Irielo I feel the same way but it was written by Kishimoto and I don't think Kishimoto is one to have a character state something incorrect for no real purpose. Hopefully, Kishi sheds more light into the Hyuga clan. I don't find it hard to believe that at some point Hinata was given back her title. If the elders were able to take it away from her, I don't see why they can't give it back;especially from knowing the amazing feats Hinata has accomplished.

First of all, we still have to know which is the more accurate translation. Secondly, Kishimoto can also making fun by trying to put up a smokescreen (the same thing happening with Sarada's glasses). Thirdly and if I'm not wrong, the things which are known about the Hyuuga clan are from its members or people who are close to its members or people who know some stuffs about it.

In this regard, there is Lee who knew some stuffs about the main/branch clan issue because of being close to Neji, there is Kurenai, who knew about Hinata's situation inside the clan, there is Kakashi who knew some technical stuffs about the Byakugan and the Sharingan. He was himself a Jonin and a former Anbu, so he had to know things about the village's clans. Of course Hiruzen also had a good idea about the Hyuuga issues. I don't have to mention Hiashi and the rest...

Personally, I don't care if Hinata is the heiress or not. I am very happy she could reach the goals she had set for herself and I would even rather seeing her saying to the elders: "I don't need that title. I'd rather improving my skills further and taking care of my family".

All in all, I am not denying Hinata's accomplishments, but whatever is decided for her (heiress or not), I would prefer to see it being confirmed by people belonging to the Hyuuga or close to it.
Actually, the story was about Kiba and Akamaru and if it were stated by Kiba that Hinata is the Hyuuga heiress, it would have sounded more trustworthy imo.  

Note: I did not watch The Last. So, I might have missed some points regarding the Hyuuga.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Redwind1248 wrote:@Yamasaki Akaiko that statement seems redundant. "Hinata's a daughter of the noble Hyuuga clan" sounds very mistranslated if you think about it. It should say something like "Hinata's the sister of the heiress" or "the daughter of the hyuga clan leader." Usually, first translations are incorrect but that's my opinion,though.

The problem is that the word "heiress" (nor "successor" nor "inheritor" etc.) isn't in the Japanese raw while "noble Hyuuga clan" is clearly in the Japanese raw. So, I'm more willing to trust the first translator who I somewhat know/trust than someone who I have never seen translate before and I don't know their source. If it was MangaPanda or MangaStream for instance, I know their translating styles (as well as where they tend to make errors to know when to trust and when not to trust). Additionally, the only full scans I've ever seen of the book (outside of partially hard to read pictures) are Japanese -> Chinese translations. If it's a Japanese -> Chinese -> English translation, then things can be off for that reason beyond translator choice.

I do have the Japanese raw because I actually bought both books off ebay and got them a few days ago. I just don't consider myself a Japanese -> English translator--especially not good enough to know cultural connotations of words used. That's why I'm willing to see if someone else has a different opinion. Heiress is a bit loaded word, which could literally just be a translator's way of saying that "Hinata is the oldest daughter" (and not how I'm sure many people are taking it) similar to how when MangaStream used "missus" with Madara describing Hinata and it was not intended to be meant the way a lot of people took it--MangaStream meant "missus" to mean "girl" not a girlfriend/wife.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Redwind1248 Tue May 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:
Redwind1248 wrote:@Yamasaki Akaiko that statement seems redundant. "Hinata's a daughter of the noble Hyuuga clan" sounds very mistranslated if you think about it. It should say something like "Hinata's the sister of the heiress" or "the daughter of the hyuga clan leader." Usually, first translations are incorrect but that's my opinion,though.

The problem is that the word "heiress" (nor "successor" nor "inheritor" etc.) isn't in the Japanese raw while "noble Hyuuga clan" is clearly in the Japanese raw. So, I'm more willing to trust the first translator who I somewhat know/trust than someone who I have never seen translate before and I don't know their source. If it was MangaPanda or MangaStream for instance, I know their translating styles (as well as where they tend to make errors to know when to trust and when not to trust). Additionally, the only full scans I've ever seen of the book (outside of partially hard to read pictures) are Japanese -> Chinese translations. If it's a Japanese -> Chinese -> English translation, then things can be off for that reason beyond translator choice.

I do have the Japanese raw because I actually bought both books off ebay and got them a few days ago. I just don't consider myself a Japanese -> English translator--especially not good enough to know cultural connotations of words used. That's why I'm willing to see if someone else has a different opinion. Heiress is a bit loaded word, which could literally just be a translator's way of saying that "Hinata is the oldest daughter" (and not how I'm sure many people are taking it) similar to how when MangaStream used "missus" with Madara describing Hinata and it was not intended to be meant the way a lot of people took it--MangaStream meant "missus" to mean "girl" not a girlfriend/wife.
Good point. We won't really know for sure until we receive more info on the Hyuga clan status after the Last.
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Fri May 08, 2015 1:36 am

I hope more accurate translation will came out soon.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down