Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

+9
SenpaiSamaSan
racefan1992
The Merchant
Bubbles
Aelita
engetsu
ClassyLPS
Irielo
NaruHina <3
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When will we see Mrs. Hyuga? Empty When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:35 am

We all know about Hinata's dad, Hyuga Hiashi. But, where is her mother? Why doesn't Hinata think of her mother much? Since Hinata wants to be like her mother, personality wise. We don't know if her mother is dead or not, so where is she if she's alive? And if she isn't, why hasn't she been in Hinata's thoughts, like Naruto is with his parents?When will we see Mrs. Hyuga? 1442966422 
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

When will we see Mrs. Hyuga? Empty Re: When will we see Mrs. Hyuga?

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:13 am

Good question. OMG! There are so much issues with that Hyuuga clan, but I'm just thinking, if Naruto and Hinata begin to go out after the war, we might then see Hinata's mother. I think she would like Naruto and would always give something to Hinata saying: "Please make sure to give that to Naruto-kun, my future son in law" (Hinata blushing and her face becoming red like a tomato)...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:21 am

Yes! That'll be so cute, I always wanted to read/hear Mrs. Hyuga' s opinion about Naruto.
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:27 am

..This is kind of depressing but I always assumed she was dead. ;-;
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:30 am

ClassyLPS wrote:..This is kind of depressing but I always assumed she was dead. ;-;

same here, I mean, for all we know she might be....
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:33 am

NaruHina <3 wrote:Yes! That'll be so cute, I always wanted to read/hear Mrs. Hyuga' s opinion about Naruto.

Sorry I might mixing things now, if someone could enlighten me that would be good because I can't remember if that was in the manga or only in the anime or both, where Hinata said she would like to be kind like her mother.
I think indeed her mother is someone kind, reserved and quiet and because the Hyuuga clan is a proud one with its own traditions etc., and Hiashi is someone who has a lot of authority, I think his wife is quite submit to him.

The Hyuuga clan seems to be quite paternalistic as well but now, with Hinata (or Hanabi) as the heiress, there might be some changes. And I think Hinata, with Naruto's help will bring these changes.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:37 am

Irielo wrote:
NaruHina <3 wrote:Yes! That'll be so cute, I always wanted to read/hear Mrs. Hyuga' s opinion about Naruto.

Sorry I might mixing things now, if someone could enlighten me that would be good because I can't remember if that was in the manga or only in the anime or both, where Hinata said she would like to be kind like her mother.
I think indeed her mother is someone kind, reserved and quiet and because the Hyuuga clan is a proud one with its own traditions etc., and Hiashi is someone who has a lot of authority, I think his wife is quite submit to him.

The Hyuuga clan seems to be quite paternalistic as well but now, with Hinata (or Hanabi) as the heiress, there might be some changes. And I think Hinata, with Naruto's help will bring these changes.

you only see Hinata's mom in the anime, never in the manga, but, I believe she does say in both the manga and anime that she wants to be beautiful like her mom and strong like her dad
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:42 am

"Kind like my mother, strong like my father" came from the anime. Manga wise her mother was never brought up.

In my head-canon Hinata's mother is dead (died either giving birth to Hanabi, or shorter after Hanabi was born). Imo, Her mother not being around would fit Hinata's backstory too-- Hisashi's disapproval of Hinata crippled her self-esteem so much partly because he was her only living parent. She wouldn't have had any other outlet to turn to for love and support.

Neji's mother is never brought up either lol
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 am

Thanks for your answers! But if Hinata's mother was dead, why don't we know about it? At least one panel showing Hinata's thoughts towards her departed mother would have cleared the matter. I'm still not sure about this death and I hope that this issue will be cleared as well.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:10 am

Yeah, on Narutopedia it says she isn't dead, but it doesn't say she's alive.
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:14 am

NaruHina <3 wrote:Yeah, on Narutopedia it says she isn't dead, but it doesn't say she's alive.

I consider that she is alive too. Why does she not appear is because Hiashi is taking the whole space. I'll try to be clear. Hiashi is the leader of the Hyuuga clan if I'm not wrong. He is someone who has the authority over the most noble clan of Konoha and until now, I don't think there was a woman as clan leader. Just the way he treated Hinata in part 1 shows somehow that he had a lot of expectations for the one who will succeed him.

To him, Hinata was a failure. But he never realized that because Hinata was a girl, she had thus a different sensibility than a boy. So, he saw the son he never had in Hanabi... Hiashi actually is the archetype of a man whose values are based on a patriarchal system. I can imagine that his wife did not have or even was/is not allowed to talk too much to state her opinion. What her husband says, she must accept.

So, Hinata's mother always lived in the shadow of her husband and was somehow powerless to express herself regarding Hiashi's decisions. And Hinata was traumatized by her father's attitude which explains why Hiashi has so much importance in her life in opposition to her quiet and kind mother.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 am

Irielo wrote:Thanks for your answers! But if Hinata's mother was dead, why don't we know about it? At least one panel showing Hinata's thoughts towards her departed mother would have cleared the matter. I'm still not sure about this death and I hope that this issue will be cleared as well.

Probably because its not important/relevant to the main plot *shrug* plus outside of the Hinata vs Neji fight her background is never expanded on. Hinata doesn't get enough screen time for that.

The only time we've ever seen her is in an anime flashback to a time where Hinata was a little kid (probably around 5 years old) with her mother holding baby Hanabi in her arms. And after that nada. If Hinata's mother was around, and she had the kind and gentle personality Hinata says in 166, why hadn't she done anything to help Hinata with her confidence issues? Surely she would have gone to her and try to comfort her whenever Hiashi would knock her down (similarly to how Ursula did with Zuko when ever Ozai knocked him down in atla), try to lift her spirits and remind her of her value. Sure Hiashi's disapproval would have still affected Hinata, but if her kind mother was around I don't think she would have been as bad shape as she was in the Chunnin Exams. A child's supposed to turn the parents for love and support, but if the only person Hinata had was Hiashi who disapproved of her and her cousin Neji who hated her, it makes sense why her self-esteem was such a wreck.

In the Chunnin Exams Hinata was portrayed as a girl with poor self-confidence, who lacked a solid support system. Her father and clan rejected and shunned her and while her teammates and Sensei cared for her, they didn't give her that push she really needed. And because no one had believed in her, she struggled to believe in herself. And that's why Naruto's cheering for her during her match against Neji, was so important to her. He gave her that push. He told her she could when everyone else had failed too.
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 am

Aelita wrote:Probably because its not important/relevant to the main plot *shrug* plus outside of the Hinata vs Neji fight her background is never expanded on. Hinata doesn't get enough screen time for that.

The only time we've ever seen her is in an anime flashback to a time where Hinata was a little kid (probably around 5 years old) with her mother holding baby Hanabi in her arms. And after that nada. If Hinata's mother was around, and she had the kind and gentle personality Hinata says in 166, why hadn't she done anything to help Hinata with her confidence issues? Surely she would have gone to her and try to comfort her whenever Hiashi would knock her down (similarly to how Ursula did with Zuko when ever Ozai knocked him down in atla), try to lift her spirits and remind her of her value. Sure Hiashi's disapproval would have still affected Hinata, but if her kind mother was around I don't think she would have been as bad shape as she was in the Chunnin Exams. A child's supposed to turn the parents for love and support, but if the only person Hinata had was Hiashi who disapproved of her and her cousin Neji who hated her, it makes sense why her self-esteem was such a wreck.

In the Chunnin Exams Hinata was portrayed as a girl with poor self-confidence, who lacked a solid support system. Her father and clan rejected and shunned her and while her teammates and Sensei cared for her, they didn't give her that push she really needed. And because no one had believed in her, she struggled to believe in herself. And that's why Naruto's cheering for her during her match against Neji, was so important to her. He gave her that push. He told her she could when everyone else had failed too.

Exactly! One can say that Hinata's parents failed. Hiashi did not try to understand his daughter. He had so high expectations and did not realize that Hinata is the kind of person who needs time... Instead he put so much pressure on her that Hinata could not take it anymore imo.

Her mother failed because she did not support Hinata the way it should be. Why? I tried to explain it in my former post. I think Hinata's mother is very quiet, shy and reserved and she was never able to stand up against Hiashi's authority to take Hinata's defense. That's why, Naruto gave her more than what she received from her own family and clan: self-confidence. And that's why Hinata will surpass her mother. She will not be someone who will submit in front of anybody, be it her man, her father or the clan elders. This is another concept in Naruto... It still remains my interpretation though.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 am

@Aelita @Irielo Exactly! Nice predictions, I never thought about that.
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 am

Aelita wrote:
Irielo wrote:Thanks for your answers! But if Hinata's mother was dead, why don't we know about it? At least one panel showing Hinata's thoughts towards her departed mother would have cleared the matter. I'm still not sure about this death and I hope that this issue will be cleared as well.

Probably because its not important/relevant to the main plot *shrug* plus outside of the Hinata vs Neji fight her background is never expanded on. Hinata doesn't get enough screen time for that.

Pretty much agree.

Until we see otherwise, I think we should consider her dead. Because:.

A)She might be dead

B)If she isn't dead, her parenting no jutsu could really use some work, all the crap Hinata has had to endure and she's not around one bit? Not one moment together. So if her involvement thus far has been minimal, it will probably continue to be.

And for the record, B doesn't make much sense because Hinata stated that her mother was nice I believe, so that doesn't really corroborate with my theory too well, which really leaves A.

I think we can all just add this to the list on things Kishi just never explained about the Hyuuga clan.

A)Is Hinata heiress or not?
B)How come Hanabi is not part of the branch family since she was born 2nd, and if she's now heiress and not Hinata, why isn't she in the branch family now?
C)Where the hell is mom?
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:49 am

He's always spamming the Sharigan 24-7. I'm one of the people who loves the Hyuga clan more than the Uchiha clan, and we haven't seen a lot of the Byakugan yet! Yeah, Hinata's mom needs a scolding if she is alive.
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:08 am

Smh on Kishi for shafting the Hyuga. I'm right there with you on wanting to see more of them.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:16 am

Bubbles wrote:Smh on Kishi for shafting the Hyuga. I'm right there with you on wanting to see more of them.
I'd actually be happy if they had chapters that were flashbacks on the Hyuga clan from the elders, since Hinata's and Neji's grandparents are still alive... hopefully.When will we see Mrs. Hyuga? 531517552 
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merchant Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:42 am

Considering her complete absence from the story, it'd make a lot more sense to me if she were dead. It'd also make it a little more understandable why Hinata and Hiashi acted the way they did.
The Merchant
The Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:48 am

True, it would be nice to see some of the moments they had together... When will we see Mrs. Hyuga? 528746348 
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:13 am

Another reason why I see Mrs Hyuuga liking Naruto is that Naruto could helped her daughter in a way she herself couldn't. He gave her self-confidence which led Hinata to surpass her (on a personality level). Where she, as a mother failed, Naruto succeeded. She would be therefore thankful to Naruto.

I'm basing this interpretation on the possibility that Hinata's mother is still alive. If she is dead, then that's another story.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am

engetsu wrote:

A)She might be dead

B)If she isn't dead, her parenting no jutsu could really use some work, all the crap Hinata has had to endure and she's not around one bit? Not one moment together. So if her involvement thus far has been minimal, it will probably continue to be.

And for the record, B doesn't make much sense because Hinata stated that her mother was nice I believe, so that doesn't really corroborate with my theory too well, which really leaves A.

I think we can all just add this to the list on things Kishi just never explained about the Hyuuga clan.

B)How come Hanabi is not part of the branch family since she was born 2nd, and if she's now heiress and not Hinata, why isn't she in the branch family now?
C)Where the hell is mom?

Yeah I'm with this, Hinata's mom being around but not supporting her would contradict Hinata's description of her; that she was a nice kind gentle woman. Even if Hiashi forced Hinata's mother to act submissive to him, thus unable to stop him from verbally abusing Hinata, no one has control over how you choose to directly interact with your children. Hiashi wouldn't have been able to stop her mother from saying kind words to Hinata (which would have helped Hinata's self-esteem), because no one has that right. She could have easily approached Hinata when Hiashi wasn't around, comfort her and raise her self-esteem. Since this didn't happen, that means Hinata's mother would have chosen not to encourage Hinata but instead chose to idly watch her daughter struggle from the background. She'd be responsible for her lack of involvement in her Hinata's life. That's not a "kind" mother at all lol, that's being a neglectful parent.

But since Hinata did describe her mother as a kind person, I do think she would have given Hinata gentle encouragement and helped Hinata with her self-esteem issues if she had been able to. Imo, it makes more sense that she wasn't able to be more involved in Hinata's life due to passing away too soon.

Last edited by Aelita on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:18 am

Irielo wrote:

Another reason why I see Mrs Hyuuga liking Naruto is that Naruto could helped her daughter in a way she herself couldn't. He gave her self-confidence which led Hinata to surpass her (on a personality level). Where she, as a mother failed, Naruto succeeded. She would be therefore thankful to Naruto.

I'm basing this interpretation on the possibility that Hinata's mother is still alive. If she is dead, then that's another story.  

I completely agree with you. :)
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:06 am

Aelita wrote:
engetsu wrote:

A)She might be dead

C)Where the hell is mom?

Yeah I'm with this, Hinata's mom being around but not supporting her would contradict Hinata's description of her; that she was a nice kind gentle woman. Even if Hiashi forced Hinata's mother to act submissive to him, thus unable to stop him from verbally abusing Hinata, no one has control over how you choose to directly interact with your children. Hiashi wouldn't have been able to stop her mother from saying kind words to Hinata (which would have helped Hinata's self-esteem), because no one has that right. That means Hinata's mother would have chosen not to encourage Hinata but instead idly watch her struggle from the background. She'd be responsible for her lack of involvement in her daughter's life. That's not a "kind" mother at all lol, that's being a neglectful parent.

But since Hinata did describe her mother as a kind person, I do think she would have given Hinata gentle encouragement and helped Hinata with her self-esteem issues if she had been able to. Imo, it makes more sense that she wasn't able to be more involved in Hinata's life due to passing away too soon.

Because his daughter was/is the one who had to become the clan's heiress, Hiashi wanted (and followed the Hyuuga tradition) to educate her child in the way a heir/heiress should be. He would not have accepted his wife to interfere in that matter and just kept training his daughter in a strict manner. Hinata's mother's hands were tied. That does not mean she was not kind to Hinata and maybe she did not have the right words for Hinata because she was herself a part of this tradition where a wife has to submit in front of her man and should not try to influence her children.

She grew up in another time. Ask you why Kushina stated (if I'm not wrong): "I'll be the first woman to become Hokage". That tells you that the whole society was still very patriarchal. Things began to change at this level when Tsunade became the Hokage. But there too, she became Hokage because Jiraiya did not want to become Hokage.

Now, just think about the oldest and most noble clan: the Hyuuga. They have such conservatives and such harsh rules inside this clan which were passed on from generation to generation. That's even something normal to consider the heir or heiress (in Hinata's case) to be worth enough to bare this responsibility, thus Hiashi's expectations. Hinata's mother was kind to her because she never acted bad towards her, but there was nothing more to expect from her because she comes herself from this culture.

On the other hand, Naruto grew up without parents and did not have all these kind of traditions to follow. He had therefore a wider and more open-minded perspective of life which gave him the power to say the words Hinata needed to hear.
But again these are all interpretations, the mystery behind Hinata's mother will hopefully will reveal later on.

Spoiler:
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 am

Aelita wrote:
engetsu wrote:

A)She might be dead

C)Where the hell is mom?

Yeah I'm with this, Hinata's mom being around but not supporting her would contradict Hinata's description of her; that she was a nice kind gentle woman. Even if Hiashi forced Hinata's mother to act submissive to him, thus unable to stop him from verbally abusing Hinata, no one has control over how you choose to directly interact with your children. Hiashi wouldn't have been able to stop her mother from saying kind words to Hinata (which would have helped Hinata's self-esteem), because no one has that right.  She could have easily approached Hinata when Hiashi wasn't around, comfort her and raise her self-esteem. Since this didn't happen, that means Hinata's mother would have chosen not to encourage Hinata but instead chose to idly watch her daughter struggle from the background. She'd be responsible for her lack of involvement in her Hinata's life. That's not a "kind" mother at all lol, that's being a neglectful parent.

I mean, if you think about it more than a minute, it really just seems like something kishi forgot about honestly. Otherwise we are left with two equally stupid scenarios that don't really fit.....

Even if Hinata's mom is indeed dead, wouldn't this be a pretty devastating event to occur in someone's life, especially at Hinata's age? (especially considering she's at least 5 b/c Hanabi was born) and knowing how sensitive Hinata is as a person? It would be a huge event for her and would have been brought up. Any character that has a dead parent in Naruto is usually focused on at least for a bit, as it's something in common with Naruto himself.

And we already covered why it's makes even less sense for her to be alive and be an non existent entity in her life at this point.

Just another plot hole. Just put some signs around and avoid it is all we can do at this point.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next