Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does the byakugan come from?

2 posters

Go down

Where does the byakugan come from? Empty Where does the byakugan come from?

Post by Redwind1248 Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:52 am

The Manga has explained where the sharingan and rinnegan came from:the juubi a.k.a the ten tails. You can see the juubi has only the "sharinnegan" and nothing else. Not to mention, when kaguya was sealed, her "sharinnegan" was sealed but not her byakugan. This definitely tells me that the byakugan are her natural eyes. So it begs to question, where does kaguya come from, if she's able to have byakugan as normal eyes? Also, we still don't know how the hyuga clan was formed or when it was formed. Remember that hagoromo said that kaguya came from a far away place or land rather than saying a far away village.
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Where does the byakugan come from? Empty Re: Where does the byakugan come from?

Post by meow69 Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:35 am

I have always thought Kaguya came from the moon. Kishi uses themes from many mythologies from around the world.  So why not folktales from japan itself he has done it in the past. Personally to me most Byakugan to me look a lot like the color of the moon. I know that wikipedia isn't the most accurate source but here is a shortened version of "the tale of the bamboo cutter" after reading it tell me that there are not some similarities.

One day, while walking in the bamboo forest, an old, childless bamboo cutter called Taketori no Okina (竹取翁?, "the Old Man who Harvests Bamboo") came across a mysterious, shining stalk of bamboo. After cutting it open, he found inside it an infant the size of his thumb. He rejoiced to find such a beautiful girl and took her home. He and his wife raised her as their own child and named her Kaguya-hime (かぐや姫 accurately, Nayotake-no-Kaguya-hime "princess of flexible bamboos scattering light"). Thereafter, Taketori no Okina found that whenever he cut down a stalk of bamboo, inside would be a small nugget of gold. Soon he became rich. Kaguya-hime grew from a small baby into a woman of ordinary size and extraordinary beauty. At first, Taketori no Okina tried to keep her away from outsiders, but over time the news of her beauty spread.

Eventually, five princes came to Taketori no Okina's residence to ask for Kaguya-hime's hand in marriage. The princes eventually persuaded Taketori no Okina to tell a reluctant Kaguya-hime to choose from among them. Kaguya-hime concocted impossible tasks for the princes, agreeing to marry the one who managed to bring her his specified item. That night, Taketori no Okina told the five princes what each must bring. The first was told to bring her the stone begging bowl of the Buddha from India, the second a jeweled branch from the island of Hōrai,[1] the third the legendary robe of the fire-rat of China, the fourth a colored jewel from a dragon's neck, and the final prince the cowrie which was born from swallows.

Realizing that it was an impossible task, the first prince returned with an expensive bowl, but after noticing that the bowl did not glow with holy light, Kaguya-hime saw through his deception. Likewise, two other princes attempted to deceive her with fakes, but also failed. The fourth gave up after encountering a storm, while the final prince lost his life (severely injured in some versions) in his attempt.

After this, the Emperor of Japan, Mikado, came to see the strangely beautiful Kaguya-hime and, upon falling in love, asked her to marry him. Although he was not subjected to the impossible trials that had thwarted the princes, Kaguya-hime rejected his request for marriage as well, telling him that she was not of his country and thus could not go to the palace with him. She stayed in contact with the Emperor, but continued to rebuff his requests and marriage proposals.

That summer, whenever Kaguya-hime saw the full moon, her eyes filled with tears. Though her adoptive parents worried greatly and questioned her, she was unable to tell them what was wrong. Her behaviour became increasingly erratic until she revealed that she was not of this world and must return to her people on the Moon. In some versions of this tale, it is said that she was sent to the Earth as a temporary punishment for some crime, while in others, she was sent to Earth for her own safety during a celestial war. The gold that Taketori no Okina had been finding had in fact been a stipend from the people of the Moon, sent down to pay for Kaguya-hime's upkeep.
Kaguya-hime goes back to the Moon

As the day of her return approached, the Emperor set many guards around her house to protect her from the Moon people, but when an embassy of "Heavenly Beings" arrived at the door of Taketori no Okina's house, the guards were blinded by a strange light. Kaguya-hime announced that, though she loved her many friends on Earth, she must return with the Moon people to her true home. She wrote sad notes of apology to her parents and to the Emperor, then gave her parents her own robe as a memento. She then took a small taste of the elixir of life, attached it to her letter to the Emperor, and gave it to a guard officer. As she handed it to him, the feather robe was placed on her shoulders, and all of her sadness and compassion for the people of the Earth were forgotten. The heavenly entourage took Kaguya-hime back to Tsuki-no-Miyako (lit. "the Capital of the Moon"), leaving her earthly foster parents in tears.

The parents became very sad and were soon put to bed sick. The officer returned to the Emperor with the items Kaguya-hime had given him as her last mortal act, and reported what had happened. The Emperor read her letter and was overcome with sadness. He asked his servants, "Which mountain is the closest place to Heaven?", to which one replied the Great Mountain of Suruga Province. The Emperor ordered his men to take the letter to the summit of the mountain and burn it, in the hope that his message would reach the distant princess. The men were also commanded to burn the elixir of immortality since the Emperor did not wish to live forever without being able to see her. The legend has it that the word immortality (不死 fushi?, or fuji) became the name of the mountain, Mount Fuji. It is also said that the kanji for the mountain, 富士山 (literally "Mountain Abounding with Warriors"), is derived from the Emperor's army ascending the slopes of the mountain to carry out his order. It is said that the smoke from the burning still rises to this day. (In the past, Mount Fuji was much more volcanically active.)
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Redwind1248 Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 am

I love that story about kaguya. I still believe that she comes from the moon as well. The byakugan always looked like the moon to me. Especially with hinatas design really resembling the night time sky. Hinata has hair that is the same color as the night sky and eyes that look like full moons. Whereas naruto has hair that resembles the afternoon sky with hair like the sun and blue eyes like daytime sky. Not to mention, hinata was supposed to have brown hair like the rest of her clan but kishimoto decided to give her dark bluish hair which I like personally. I guess hinata is part alien.

Back to kaguya, she did say she needed to build her army of zetsus but who was she going to fight against if she is using the entire world as her army? We also still know nothing about the origins of the hyuga clan and their secret that they have been hiding for so long. Also, if she is from the moon, how is she able to have byakugan because after she ate the fruit, she was known as the first person to use chakra. Byakugan requires chakra to use.

I still agree with kaguya coming from the moon because to be honest, she looks like an alien and like you said,meow69, byakugan looks like the moon. I hope kaguya comes back really soon because we barely got to know her and there's so many questions to be answered.
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:08 am

Actually we do not know if Byakugan requires chakra or not. When used we see veins popping out around the eyes to me that suggests increased blood flow. Also Ao (the one that Mei always tells to shut up before she kills him) has a transplanted Byakugan that can be deactivated. Normally transplanted dōjutsu such as Nagato's rinnegan and Kakashi's Sharingan can not be deactivated due to them continuously drawing chakra. Since Ao's Byakugan can be deactivated suggesting that it does not continuously draw chakra.

In some versions of the tale of the bamboo cutter they say that Kaguya is sent earth to protect her during a war maybe that is the case here is well we will never know for certain. all we know is that the sage of six paths said she was from a far away land.

as far as hinata being part alien I do not see it. Contrary to what Rock lee's spring time of youth might joke. not all Hyuuga's look the same. I base this on the two Random Hyuugas we see during the pain arc both had very light brown hair same with the Hyuuga that was with Anko when she was captured. I am sure that the Hyuuga clan does not practice inbreeding they have to bring in blood from outside the clan at some point to avoid them all being born looking like freaks. Not to mention Hinata's hair is the same color as her mother's as seen in the Anime although they never show her eyes so Hinata's mother might not even be a Hyuuga.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Redwind1248 Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:27 am

Good point. That all does make sense. I always wondered why a transplanted byakugan can be activated and deactivated but not the sharingan and rinnegan. There's also the theories based around the hyuga clan and the 8 trigrams which has all the chakra elements if I'm not mistaken.

In the case with kaguya in the naruto story, she came from her home to stop war. If she came from the moon though, how did she know war was going on in earth? Maybe she was able to look down to earth from the moon with her byakugan? It's possible.
Redwind1248
Redwind1248

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Its very possible that Kaguya came down to earth and decided that she wanted to end war.

What I am wondering though is perhaps that the sage of six paths didn't so much as create the moon as he might have just taken the Juubi away from her and sent her and the gedo mazo back to the moon and sealed them there.

Which in time the story changed to him creating the moon. Just like in real life many myths have their root in real events that get exaggerated and embellished over the generations

Of course it is possible that what happened is a combination of them both. For all we know the sage of six paths might have created the moon in another dimension like Naruto and Sasuke just did. So for all we know both Kaguya coming from the moon and the sage of six paths creating the moon are both true.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down