Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions

+8
endame
Yamasaki Akaiko
Irielo
Mustang
NaruHina <3
Sacred Fire
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
lily567
12 posters

Go down

naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions Empty naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions

Post by lily567 Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:50 pm

NARUTO CHAPTER 688 DISCUSSION AND 689 PREDICTIONS

naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions Naruto_Logo_107wtransparent_zps2a1a5559

naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions 2uh7bt0
It's out!
Date:06/08
Title: ...of the Sharingan!!

its out
and lets say i didn't see that one coming
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions Empty Re: naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Just giving everyone a heads up, on phone, I posted a picture of Sakuras sketch by Kishimoto for "The Last" movie, in the Naruto movie thread. When near a computer will give my opinion on chapter.
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions Empty Re: naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions

Post by Sacred Fire Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:21 pm

This chapter is the asspull of the decade for Kakashi! Full of BS really Kishi!!

Didn't Obito say susanoo is rare even among the uchiha and kakashi a non-Uchiha can use perfect-susanoo which even Sasuke struggled to get and Kakashi just pulls it out just like that, there is no logic anymore in the Naruto manga anymore! I know Obito said his power may expire but pulling out PS without EMS is a joke like when Madara used Sasanoo without eyes.

Did he copy Sasuke's Susanoo? cause I'm quite sure he didn't have his sharingan to copy Sasuke's perfect-susanoo Sasuke only got PS after the sage's powerup for Naruto/Sasuke.

I wonder what power-up could be next could be SSM or mokuton for Sakura!
First Naruto takes over Sakura role and now Kakashi takes over Sasuke role this manga really!

Anyway, Aside for that it is nice to see BZ finally trapped!
Sacred Fire
Sacred Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:07 am

Lol, Sasuke doesn't seem too happy about that.
Interesting chapter, to me. I kind of honestly knew that Obito would give him the Sharigan, but the Susanoo...
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:08 am

I don't like the fact that Kakashi was basically given the ability to use Susano'o for a short time, I know it was a temporary power-up, but really Kishi, well at least this power-up saved Sakura, would hate for her to have died just like that and without the chance to get a conclusion to SasuSaku. plus there is one other issue I have with this Kakashi using MS, if he uses one of the abilities, where is the blood coming from his eyes?

the next thing is I think this MS that he has, will play a part in the coming chapters, I feel that he will possibly bring the Hokage back into the fray.

Sorry but as Sacred Fire has pointed out this is nothing but an ass-pull, even NS is pissed off about Kakashi getting MS and using Susano'o, without any side effects.

overall, I see that this fight has very little left in it, the sealing isn't far off from the looks of it, and Kaguya absorbing some of that Chakra will be her downfall.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:29 am

Indeed quite confusing this chapter... So, Obito came back from the afterlife to give Kakashi some eyes' chakra power-up just to make him useful? To make the matter worse, Kakashi even performed perfect Susanoo?!? No, just no! Something else could have been found about Kakashi. The guy supposedly knows 1000 techniques, I can't believe he absolutely needed Obito's eyes to do something.

The only thing which I've appreciated was Naruto's Chou bijuus' Rasenshuriken. And what about Kaguya now? It seems this attack made her change form.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 am

Eh, I knew what was coming because the reliable spoiler provider (as long as you can figure out the clues; sometimes if you don't figure out the clues the clues become clear once you read the chapter--the riddle was solved hours ahead of time) told us.

Other than either possibly implying that Tsunade is going to step down so soon and having Sakura "in trouble" just to show off Kakashi's Susano'o (which was my fear once I knew it was coming), I didn't care about what went down. Besides, Sasuke's face and comments at the end were priceless. That alone was worth it all. I'm curious if we'll get a more detailed explanation of what went down though I think it was relatively clear... considering the standard was set for this with Naruto & Sasuke and Hagoromo.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by endame Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:52 pm

As Yamasaki Akaiko said, i knew it had to be Kakashi to save Sakura, one notices that when pages before Obito says to Kakashi that he will give him "something far from useless" (I also noticed sasuke upset about it or maybe because he couldn't save sakura?) but i wouldn't know it was Susanoo.

Another thing is that Kakashi will be Hokage? I think this is something like an spoil about the movie, (assuming that the movie will follow the storyline) since it will be about Naruto some time in the future.

Another thing, is kaguya losing her human shape? I hope new revelations in the incoming chapters, something like what is exactly Kaguya, human, goddess or just a rabbit?

Last edited by endame on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add something)
endame
endame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Wow, Kishi just pulling out asspull after asspull. First Karin then this.  naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions 315212000
Well Kishi, if you're going to be pulling stuff out the ass, I want Sakura to get slug sage mode + genjutsu powerup. 
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:29 pm

This chapter was all over the place for me. I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy Team 7's sensei caught up to them in some way, but the way it happened. Obito having to go back after being dead killed me, it would have been much more acceptable if he'd have done it before going to the next world and ending it on the note with Rin. When it was continued this chapter I felt like I was reading Kakashi Chronicles It was just "Hey btw heres a power up Kakashi!" The only interesting part I got from that was "You'd be the 6th hokage, I want Naruto to be the 7th."

Anyways, still on the edge of my seat waiting so bad for the Uchiha Massacre reveal  naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions 2801306734 Only Naruto, Kakashi knows.. and Sasuke doesn't even know they know.. And Sakura's the main one with that gap of not knowing.. I wonder how Kishi will make all these conclusions happen.. Plus getting the feeling the tree will let go of everyone soon... I think the hokages are going to do that.. I'm not too sure but hoping it will fast forward some more.

Plus are we not getting a chapter this week coming up?
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Bubbles wrote:Wow, Kishi just pulling out asspull after asspull. First Karin then this.  naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions 315212000
Well Kishi, if you're going to be pulling stuff out the ass, I want Sakura to get slug sage mode + genjutsu powerup. 

I think Karin performing this chains' technique made much more sense than Kakashi performing perfect Susano'O. As an Uzumaki, Karin had the potential to do such things but Kakashi (despite being a genius) performing all of a sudden a PS goes beyond asspulling frankly speaking.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Irielo wrote:
Bubbles wrote:Wow, Kishi just pulling out asspull after asspull. First Karin then this.  naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions 315212000

I think Karin performing this chains' technique made much more sense than Kakashi performing perfect Susano'O. As an Uzumaki, Karin had the potential to do such things but Kakashi (despite being a genius) performing all of a sudden a PS goes beyond asspulling frankly speaking.

True. It was more an asspull because she never bothered to do it before like against Bee or to help Sasuke against Danzo, but yet she uses it now. But Kakashi is a mega-asspull because he shouldn't be able to even weild one eye without draining chakra fast (though I guess Kishi forgot that since he's been spamming Kamui like its nobody's business), and now he has two of the darn things and just trolled Sasuke (Sasuke felt immense pain when he did it first and questioned if Itachi went through that much pain) Madara (Madara trained for years to get PS)/Itachi (I think Itachi having it was supposed to be so amazing and great) and Uchiha lore in general (only a select few Uchiha can obtain the PS) by breaking out Perfect Susanoo 5 seconds after he obtained them!
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:37 am

Eh, Karin thought Sasuke was dead--and to some degree, she wasn't completely wrong. She knew that Sasuke wasn't dead when they were fighting Bee and Danzo. So, those situations aren't the same.

Kishimoto wouldn't be able to keep extending this fight if he didn't do it the way he did. I'm curious whether next chapter (689) or 2 chapters later (690) is going to be the end of volume 71. Considering whatever happened to Kaguya didn't finalize here, I'm curious how long he's going to have it take to finish, especially with Zetsu referring to "will" again.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Purkle200 Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:56 am

Sacred Fire wrote:This chapter is the asspull of the decade for Kakashi! Full of BS really Kishi!!

Didn't Obito say susanoo is rare even among the uchiha and kakashi a non-Uchiha can use perfect-susanoo which even Sasuke struggled to get and Kakashi just pulls it out just like that, there is no logic anymore in the Naruto manga anymore! I know Obito said his power may expire but pulling out PS without EMS is a joke like when Madara used Sasanoo without eyes.

Did he copy Sasuke's Susanoo? cause I'm quite sure he didn't have his sharingan to copy Sasuke's perfect-susanoo Sasuke only got PS after the sage's powerup for Naruto/Sasuke.

I wonder what power-up could be next could be SSM or mokuton for Sakura!
First Naruto takes over Sakura role and now Kakashi takes over Sasuke role this manga really!

Anyway, Aside for that it is nice to see BZ finally trapped!

Perfect Susanoo, Kishimoto are you high, trolling or just being stupid ?. Kakashi is not a dang Uchiha why would you do this Kishimoto did your editor seriously not give a crap and decided to let that slide ? naruto chapter 688 discussion and 689 predictions Bullcrap_o_1699027
Purkle200
Purkle200

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:56 am

^

Editors/writers are capable of asspulls.

Either:
A. Kishi did it
B. His editors did it
C. Both did it.

3 possible answers.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:28 pm

The answer to everything is option "c."

However, it's not based on being a Uchiha--or else Sasuke would've objected on those grounds. He only objected due to thinking Kakashi doesn't have a Sharingan anymore (which we know isn't true, but the rest of Team 7 doesn't know he got it from Obito--along with some chakra most likely since if he's allowed to give him his Sharingan, giving chakra as has been done several times already in this war is no longer far-fetched).
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:09 pm

^ It is very convenient that Sasuke did not say more about it. Anyway, I don't think it's about the reason why Sasuke was surprised but the complaints have more to do with what a lot of readers (including myself) saw as an asspull: Kakashi performing PS in no time after getting an eyes' chakra power-up from Obito who came back from the afterlife.

It could have happened just before Obito disappeared (eyes' chakra transfer). Kakashi could also have used Kamui to save Sakura, but no, it had to look "epic and badass", so: asspull perfect Susano'O in order to justify Obito's statement about Kakashi becoming the 6th Hokage...

Last edited by Irielo on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added something)
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 am

Sasuke didn't say anything else because there was nothing else other than Kakashi's perceived lack of Sharingan to object to it. If there is supposed to be some other actual reason to object, it'll be said next chapter and explained away. Keep in mind that Kakashi, despite not being a Uchiha, is better at using the Sharingan than more than about 98% of the Uchiha clan ever was at using their Sharingan eyes. If you give Kakashi both of Obito's eyes and Obito's chakra, he's going to be able to do a lot with it. I'm curious if the fact that Obito "merged" with Kakashi is going to be the reason he'll not have the chakra exhaustion cost that he's had most of the time in the manga (of course, "chakra exhaustion" has been a very fickle thing throughout the war to the point that I don't take it that seriously--stopped doing that officially when Sakura was supposedly spent when saving Naruto but has been fine since then).

Besides, I didn't mention Sasuke because of the "asspull" complaints. I mentioned Sasuke because Purkle was objecting because Kakashi isn't a Uchiha. I'm just pointing out that Kakashi not being a Uchiha wasn't the issue considering how the manga has gone.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:02 pm

If you Google asspull you'll see a bunch of Naruto pictures. Nuff said
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down