Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions

+12
Sacred Fire
Beautiful Hime
meow69
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
Taushishi17
Mustang
lily567
Azuula
The Crafty Cracker
Strawberry
Irielo
Bubbles
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions Empty Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions

Post by Bubbles Tue May 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions Empty Re: Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions

Post by Irielo Tue May 20, 2014 7:37 pm

So, the Infinite Tsukuyomi is now starting... Oh shit everybody except the Edo Tenseis + Team 7 are under Genjutsu now and their energy are going to get pumped... Thumbs up to Sasuke and his Susanoo. It is now confirmed that the guy hiding in Spiral Zetsu was Yamato... Oh! Kaguya is frightening.

And Hinata is up and the same way she was praying to Neji, the same way she has called Naruto before getting caught by the tree... Is it a coincidence? The next panel shows Naruto reacting, realizing that something is going on. I'm pretty sure he has heard Hinata's voice/call because this came just after Hinata's panel calling him.

All in all, very interesting chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Last edited by Irielo on Tue May 20, 2014 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions Empty Re: Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions

Post by Strawberry Tue May 20, 2014 7:48 pm

I can't even form a coherent chapter review right now omfg xDD It's almost 3am over here holy crap I need to sleep!! But before that! That cute moment guysssss, that cute moment! Let's celebrate!!! *throws a party*

Oh, and SasuSaku isn't far behind either. Sasuke protected all three of them. So much for him "not caring about Sakura" pffft!

Okay, I'll stop. xD For now. Umm, that panel of Kaguya looked badass! o: And all our doubts about the Infinite Tsukuyomi working on people who don't look at the moon were cleared up. It works on everyone, whether they're asleep, looking at the moon or not. LOL! When Kiba told Shino "look at the moon!" I screamed at my screen "NO! DON'T LOOK AT THE MOON!" But it wouldn't make any difference any way. xD

Ahhh, I'm too happy with this chapter. Here's a little edit about the NH moment I made.
Spoiler:
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crafty Cracker Tue May 20, 2014 7:52 pm

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

I'm sorry for the caps, but my mouth is almost foaming here after I just read the latest Naruto chapter. Hinata's back! And the next page... oh my gosh, did Naruto just hear her in his head? Did he feel her?! (To answer my question, I know he did in that mode of his)

Kishi just dedicated a few panels and a big one just for Hinata's "Naruto-kun" and then the scene suddenly shifted to Naruto almost getting out of Sasuke's Susanoo! I'm screaming in my head right now and if I weren't in my office, I would have seriously screamed aloud. Naruto's finally, FINALLY showing, in the most obvious way, that he cares for Hinata in a deeper level now! (I know he already does, but still. This is amazing!)

If it weren't for Sasuke's warning, he would have flown directly to where she was. Am I reading too much into it or did you guys interpret it in the same way? XD
The Crafty Cracker
The Crafty Cracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 20, 2014 7:55 pm

^My friend, I am with you here. I'm sure Naruto wanted to go by Hinata's side after hearing/feeling her.

@Strawberry Your edit of this moment is really cool!
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 pm

loved that naruhina moment! :) ~~

awesome chapter overall ^^
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Tue May 20, 2014 8:00 pm

yes it has become interesting
yea it didn't affect the edo tensei but why, is it because they are dead or is there another reason. also how did did he end up on top of his head furthermore the village. due to sasuke blocking out the light team 7 wasn't affected as explained by sasuke.

as many predicted , it was yamato who was in the spiral zetsu
is it me or did the infinite jutsu did not work on bee( wait the trick he used to get away from sasuke worked again, nicee seeing ya alive bee) gaara, lee and maybe tenten but mostly gaara and bee.

yay we got to see hinata after all this time but why is it that we saw only her 'speak' while calling naruto's name whereas we didn't get that response from anyone else period like shikamaru and then in the next panel we have naruto reacting (most likely sensing her and everyone else on the battle field). ok i know it probably is the start for a naruhina moment later on but there have to be another reason as to why we saw only her 'speak' other than seeing the reaction from naruto in the next panel but at the moment i cant put my finger on it.

another note as wel
is it me or does that picture of kaguya looks like how kushina looks when she is getting ready to punch someone(think of it as when her hair has jut began to start moving and that smirk(no wonder kiba, shika and naruto are definitely afraid of their mother)

it seems that as long as if you are a living creature the jutsu will affect you. also the daimyos werent affected until they were woken up
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Tue May 20, 2014 8:01 pm

there isn't much I can say about this chapter, it is nothing bad to say, it's all good and everything, I am in awe at the way Kishi has pulled this chapter together, it excites me to see Team 7 put in such a spot, what will happen, please Kishi keep up this unpredictability. how will they overcome this new development, the ninja tools will definitely come into play.

as for Naruto hearing Hinata's voice, well that was really awesome, Naruto's reaction was perfect for the moment, it seemed like he was willing to put it all on the line for Hinata (heck even everyone) but I feel that his reaction to hearing Hinata's voice clearly now shows his connection to Hinata and most likely his feelings for her

an interesting thing to note is that the Edo Tenseis don't seem to be effected by infinite tsukoyomi, maybe that is because they are all dead, so they might have apart to play here, so how will this play out, over all this chapter was perfect.

Last edited by 51-mustang on Tue May 20, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Taushishi17 Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 pm

Omg omg omg that's all I can say....
Taushishi17
Taushishi17

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Tue May 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Amazing chapter especially the NaruHina moment that got thrown! Loving the feelssss so much!
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue May 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Okay, loved this chapter!

Hinata! First of all, I was wanting to skim through this whole chapter just to make sure Hinabby was in it...and she was! Okay, she's getting wrapped like a mummy, but I think Kishi just gave us an itty little NaruHina moment just there! Hinata is unable to move and Kishi dedicates another "Naruto-kun" panel to her, and after it, Naruto is shown shocked and trying to leave Sasuke's susanoo. I think that counts for something right?  Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions 1906553478 

Yamato, I knew it was you. I had a feeling it was Yamato in there, it couldn't have been anyone else really.

Oh hai Bee! Guess he really was just chillin' in the tentacle. Good, because I would have been upset if he'd really gotten an offscreen death like that. But my question is...is he affected by the genjutsu or are those genjutsu blocking shades?
Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions 1512314842 
I must know the answer to this! xD

Tenten, you amazing person you! So Kishi finally decides to bring back the weapon mistress, and with a 'how to' scroll as well! She wanted to trap the enemy, but needs to ask a cloud nin to do it! omg tenten is gonna seal I can feel it, oh please do this kishi I swear I'll forgive you for neglecting her all this time!

Sasuke is next to Sakura. Just saying. x3 Oh and he protected his teammates in his susanoo! Go Sasuke-kun! <333 And how he stopped Naruto from leaving so he wouldn't get captured... :3

Team 7 is safe! So all of Team 7 will be safe from the genjutsu as long as they are in Sasuke's susanoo! So Sakura can stay in this fight then hopefully, yay! This could also maybe be a time for her to use that genjutsu ability Kishi has been talking about. :D

This chapter answered my question on how Madara was going to spread this genjutsu and the tree to the world. Dang, things are getting real. I'm excited about the next chapter and what it will bring!

Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Is it just me? All the people caught by the Genjutsu have spiral eyes like the Rinnegan and that looks horrible: I've freaked out when I saw Sai, Orochimaru and Hinata with those eyes, lol!
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crafty Cracker Tue May 20, 2014 8:24 pm

The rinnegan looks especially freaky on Orochimaru. @_@

And speaking of Tenten, I'm glad that she was featured in this chapter. I'm glad that she was given focus. I never really remembered that she acquired the ninja tools. All I remember was that she used the fan. I actually squealed when I saw Tenten thinking about sealing the villains in the artifacts. And I was actually surprised that she had them sealed, meaning that she may be reaching her goal of being a legendary kunoichi herself if she managed to learn how to control them. Isn't that a great thing for her? Can you imagine her wielding those fearsome weapons? :D
The Crafty Cracker
The Crafty Cracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Tue May 20, 2014 8:30 pm

No it wasn't spiral eyes, I think it was more of the design on those particular pages.

The other question is, why wait? is there a time to attack and when not to attack, it seems like Sasuke knows when that time is, I feel that is a complete mystery to us at the moment, so to defeat the Tree of Might, which is what it boils down to, they need to defeat Madara, how are they going to do this if they cannot leave Sasunno.

so this fight is Minato, Tobirama, Hiruzren, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Kakshi VS Madara and Kaguya from the looks of it.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue May 20, 2014 8:30 pm

One thing I forgot to mention:
Madara and Kaguya! Okay, so it seems to me Kaguya is going to be a pretty big role soon. I am excite because I like Kaguya! I dunno, she just clicks with me for some reason despite knowing little about her. I wonder what is the deal with her and Mads. Is she like Ashura and Indra, or something else?
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 pm

The Crafty Cracker wrote:The rinnegan looks especially freaky on Orochimaru. @_@

And speaking of Tenten, I'm glad that she was featured in this chapter. I'm glad that she was given focus. I never really remembered that she acquired the ninja tools. All I remember was that she used the fan. I actually squealed when I saw Tenten thinking about sealing the villains in the artifacts. And I was actually surprised that she had them sealed, meaning that she may be reaching her goal of being a legendary kunoichi herself if she managed to learn how to control them. Isn't that a great thing for her? Can you imagine her wielding those fearsome weapons? :D

I would also like to see Tenten wielding those weapons. But she was probably caught by the Genjutsu and she wanted to get some help from Kumo's nins but they are now under Genjutsu. Maybe if Bee is not affected by it, he could help but that seems unlikely for the moment.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Tue May 20, 2014 8:35 pm

the only ones that can wield the So6P tools are Naruto and Sasuke, they have the power and the ability to do so, maybe those tools in particular can actually counter the Infinite Tsukoyomi, maybe that is something that happened with Hagoromo, when he had to deal with his mother (theoretically), he made those tools for a purpose and we might end up seeing that purpose really soon.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crafty Cracker Tue May 20, 2014 8:45 pm

^ Yes. I guess it is pretty unlikely at the moment. But to see a character who was so ignored for the past years to suddenly be featured in a highlight scene would be amazing. :)

As for Kaguya and Madara, my only guess was that Kaguya was only drawn like a backdrop. I don't think she actually appeared or that she was revived or something. I think she was just shown as someone who initially did or desired the same thing as Madara - power to attain a twisted form of peace. And by saying that they were one, he had finally attained a form that was similar to Kaguya's. Wasn't she the one who expelled the husk of the Juubi and turned it into the moon? Correct me if I'm wrong. I still maintain that Kaguya is an alien. XD

But she was scary and I wonder how else she will be featured here. As for Bubbles' question, I think Kaguya is evil, much like Indra and Madara. According to the Rikudou Sennin, that's the case. I think there's really evil that runs in their bloodline (think Avatar: the Last Airbender, where Zuko struggled with the good and the bad within him), the evil from Kaguya manifesting in Indra and in all the future generations where his soul was reincarnated to. I don't know if Sasuke is the change that Indra's soul has been waiting for. For all we know, he might want to attain peace in a twisted way too. But hopefully, that's not the case.

Speaking of bloodlines, I wonder if Hagoromo's father was good, or if Kaguya gave birth to him and his brother via mitosis or something like that. LOL.
The Crafty Cracker
The Crafty Cracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 pm

As for Bubbles' question, I think Kaguya is evil, much like Indra and Madara. According to the Rikudou Sennin, that's the case. I think there's really evil that runs in their bloodline (think Avatar: the Last Airbender, where Zuko struggled with the good and the bad within him), the evil from Kaguya manifesting in Indra and in all the future generations where his soul was reincarnated to. I don't know if Sasuke is the change that Indra's soul has been waiting for. For all we know, he might want to attain peace in a twisted way too. But hopefully, that's not the case.
I'm thinking she is too, but who knows. In any case, if this is the whole generations trying to twist the future, I feel that Sasuke has to be the one to change that, otherwise it's just another cycle starting all over again.

This is supposed to be about surpassing the previous generation and Sasuke ending up doing exactly what his predecessors did is completely against the themes Kishi is setting up. So either he is going to choose a new path, or he'll choose the same, and Naruto knocks the sense into him. I'm hoping he chooses himself though.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 20, 2014 8:57 pm

@ The Crafty Cracker I don't think Indra was necessarily "evil". Hagoromo himself acknowledged that choosing one son over the other one was a mistake. So, the brothers' issue was more related to rivalry and frustration imo. As far as Kaguya is concerned, there is a strong possibility that her spirit was still living or that she was sealed in the moon or in the Gedo Mazo (according to some theories).
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crafty Cracker Tue May 20, 2014 9:14 pm

^ Oh. Thanks for the correction! So the cycle of hatred started with Indra's jealousy over choosing Ashura over him? Got it.

@ Bubbles - yes, I do hope the theme prevails that the current generation surpass the older ones. I surely hope that the 'brothers' would reconcile through Sasuke and Naruto, which would be a very shounen ending, I think.
The Crafty Cracker
The Crafty Cracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 20, 2014 9:20 pm

The Crafty Cracker wrote:^ Oh. Thanks for the correction! So the cycle of hatred started with Indra's jealousy over choosing Ashura over him? Got it.

The cycle of hatred might have started even before. Remember when Madara talked to Hashirama about his goal, when he first mentioned Kaguya, he explained that before people discovered chakra, there were already wars... With the creation of the Shinobi system and the possession/manipulation of chakra it created more violence on the top of that hatred.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Wed May 21, 2014 12:39 am

the one thing that I noticed with the last few chapters is that they were stage setting chapters, we are in for what I like to call a Crescendo, Naruto/Sasuke power up, Madara power up and revelations, and now we have everyone part of the Tree Of Might (sorry for the DBZ reference  Naruto chapter 677 Discussion & 678 Predictions 2617627483 )

what this chapter does in my opinion is really sets the stage for an awesome final showdown between Madara/Kaguya and the remaining fighters. Edo Tensei will also play a part along with the tools of the Sage of the 6 Paths, what I like about what Kishi did, is that Madara actually succeeded with his plan, not often does that ever happen, a villain actually succeeds, most times it is defeat the bad guy and you live happily ever after, but in this occasion Madara succeeds, what this does in my opinion is it forces the good guys to come up with a new idea on how to beat Madara.

comparison:

this chapter also set up for a later time, another NaruHina moment and I don't think we have too long to wait for it, but that is for a later time.

the next chapter well, I certainly cannot predict it, but I am interested in seeing what the protagonist can come up with, knowing that Madara has effectively succeeded with his plan.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Wed May 21, 2014 12:46 am

Looks like the Infinite Tsukuyomi is finally activated and only a few people are not effected. and Yay Bee is back and not dead (yay the world doesn't lose his excellent rapping skills.). We get a small but important Naruhina moment that is as important as the "in your eyes" moment to me. Though my prediction that the Hyuuga might be able to  see through the Infinite Tsukuyomi is wrong. Very great chapter I hope the next chapter is even better.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Hime Wed May 21, 2014 2:37 am

This entire chapter just had my mouth open..it was mind blowing. I was really happy to see a NH connection, though. :)
Beautiful Hime
Beautiful Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next