Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto chapter 687 discussion and 688 predictions

+6
Sacred Fire
Yamasaki Akaiko
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
bricksquad88
Bubbles
Irielo
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Naruto chapter 687 discussion and 688  predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Naruto chapter 687 discussion and 688 predictions

Post by Irielo Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:47 am

Naruto could also have said something which would have fitted his personality, without him falling into some fanboyism. In that regard, I agree with a reviewer who said something like: Naruto replying to BZ: "Shut up! You don't know Obito...".

To me, the words Naruto said were to "prove"/show that Obito got his redemption, when it was already cleared (from the moment the latter decided to correct his bad by helping them) that he was redeeming himself.

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Naruto chapter 687 discussion and 688  predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Naruto chapter 687 discussion and 688 predictions

Post by bricksquad88 Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Eh, that's not why Naruto said that. Naruto is someone who has placed Sasuke above pretty much all things and felt justified in doing so once he understood Sasuke's position (an understanding that Sakura lacks)--even when Sasuke was threatening to kill everyone Naruto cares about in Konoha.

Obito just saved his life, saved Kakashi's life, just thanked him, and acknowledged his ultimate dream. After all of that, Zetsu is insulting Obito for being stupid enough to be manipulated for years when Obito just saved Naruto & Kakashi's lives less than 30 seconds ago.

If Naruto didn't say something similar to what he did, I would've been surprised. Naruto does not focus on "bad things" people have done, especially if he can understand "why." Naruto understands the "why" for Obito and Obito had done more than enough to redeem himself based on the way Naruto accepts people very easily.

Also, just because Naruto claimed at this very instance while he's clearly angry at Zetsu (moreso than Kaguya; she lost the arm containing Zetsu) that Obito is the coolest (or whatever), it does not mean that he thinks Obito is greater than certain other people in his life (or wanted to be in his life). However, there is no way that Naruto wasn't going to defend Obito at this present moment.

I understand where you're coming from and your reasoning behind what you're saying. Naruto is a kind and compassionate man who empathizes well and has the capacity to forgive, regardless of what misfortune said person(Obito) had sent his way. However, the other characters might not have been so forgiving. As rude as Black Zetsu's comments were, there was some truth in it. Keep in mind, most and I'm not exaggerating here, most of the horrible events that happened in Part 2 at least were largely in part due to Obito. Many people died as a result of his actions: Jiraiya, Itachi, Neji, Shikaku, Inoichi, Mabui etc. So what about all of the loved ones of the people who had died either directly or indirectly as a result of Obito's influence?

Obito did save them, you're absolutely correct. However, I wouldn't be so surprised when people show such resistance to Naruto saying that Obito was awesome. Now I'm one of the few who doesn't completely hate Obito, but I think a simple thank you would have sufficed.

bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:10 pm

bricksquad88 wrote:
Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Eh, that's not why Naruto said that. Naruto is someone who has placed Sasuke above pretty much all things and felt justified in doing so once he understood Sasuke's position (an understanding that Sakura lacks)--even when Sasuke was threatening to kill everyone Naruto cares about in Konoha.

Obito just saved his life, saved Kakashi's life, just thanked him, and acknowledged his ultimate dream. After all of that, Zetsu is insulting Obito for being stupid enough to be manipulated for years when Obito just saved Naruto & Kakashi's lives less than 30 seconds ago.

If Naruto didn't say something similar to what he did, I would've been surprised. Naruto does not focus on "bad things" people have done, especially if he can understand "why." Naruto understands the "why" for Obito and Obito had done more than enough to redeem himself based on the way Naruto accepts people very easily.

Also, just because Naruto claimed at this very instance while he's clearly angry at Zetsu (moreso than Kaguya; she lost the arm containing Zetsu) that Obito is the coolest (or whatever), it does not mean that he thinks Obito is greater than certain other people in his life (or wanted to be in his life). However, there is no way that Naruto wasn't going to defend Obito at this present moment.

I understand where you're coming from and your reasoning behind what you're saying. Naruto is a kind and compassionate man who empathizes well and has the capacity to forgive, regardless of what misfortune said person(Obito) had sent his way. However, the other characters might not have been so forgiving. As rude as Black Zetsu's comments were, there was some truth in it. Keep in mind, most and I'm not exaggerating here, most of the horrible events that happened in Part 2 at least were largely in part due to Obito. Many people died as a result of his actions: Jiraiya, Itachi, Neji, Shikaku, Inoichi, Mabui etc. So what about all of the loved ones of the people who had died either directly or indirectly as a result of Obito's influence?

Obito did save them, you're absolutely correct. However, I wouldn't be so surprised when people show such resistance to Naruto saying that Obito was awesome. Now I'm one of the few who doesn't completely hate Obito, but I think a simple thank you would have sufficed.

What I bolded I had already acknowledged...

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:I find this chapter funny in the sense that usually Sasuke is one being complained about (for not being Naruto-like) and in this chapter it's the reverse. :D

I don't care that people disagree with Naruto's actions (and while unnecessary to the discussion, I wouldn't have done what Naruto did either, but that doesn't mean that Naruto shouldn't because I recognize that I'm not Naruto and he's not me so that doesn't matter at all). That disagreement doesn't surprise me at all because most people are nowhere near as a mixture of forgiving or willing to defend other people almost unconditionally as his character happens to be. Saying that Naruto shouldn't be himself is where I draw the line (same as when I defend pretty much every character in this series at some point for his/her actions that are usually based on the idea that "we wouldn't do that"). Ignoring the fact that "we" are not the character (or that the character has a stated personality that is supposed to be accurately shown) to complain isn't fair to me regardless of the situation.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2