Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull?

+5
Bubbles
Fallere825
Yamasaki Akaiko
Irielo
Twin Steps
9 posters

Go down

Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull? Empty Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull?

Post by Twin Steps Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 am

I personally don't think so.

This theory has some very very solid ground to stand on. But in any case, I'm not here to try and convince you all to believe in this theory.

What I'm here to say is that, it wouldn't be an asspull.

Sakura and Tsunade made it very clear that there is a connection between the byakugou and katsuyu the slug. Sakura was unable to summon katsuyu until she got hr seal, so I think it could be that, just like how summoning katsuyu spends on the seal, so does entering slug sage mode.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull? Empty Re: Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull?

Post by Irielo Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 am

Does Tsunade have sage mode first? That would be in fact very funny to see Sakura having sage mode all of a sudden when Naruto had to struggle before performing it and Sasuke had to depend on Juugo...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull? Empty Re: Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull?

Post by Twin Steps Wed May 07, 2014 7:53 am

No, Tsunade didn't. But honestly, with Naruto popping eyes outta his ass, I think it's far to give Sakura a decent power up too. She really needs one. Although, with sakura's CC, I doubt shed have it as bad as Naruto. But who knows... Asspull or not, I still want it to happen.

Only senjutsu can harm Madara after all
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed May 07, 2014 8:01 am

^True. Now that I think about it. Maybe Naruto with his new power-up will give something to Sakura enabling her to perform Sage Mode. Who knows? Thanks to him, Kakashi can now see from his left eye again. So him giving Sakura a power-up could lead to that too...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Wed May 07, 2014 8:04 am

Nah, no Naruto > Sakura power UPS, thanks. NS will just bend it into romance...... Although, it would just be chakra transfer.... Like it claims for 615

in any case, pairings aside, I do think Naruto will give Sakura something, its a possibility, as much as I hate for it to happen. Tho she could just release her seal too. I dunno, but I'm certain Sakura will go ham aoon
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed May 07, 2014 8:09 am

^Don't care about NS my friend. What is the problem, Naruto doing something for Kakashi (eye) and then, maybe giving a power-up to Sakura, this is part of the team work. How many times Sakura had to heal Naruto? So her getting such a power-up would not disturb me but I admit that seeing everything with pairings glasses can be very annoying sometimes.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed May 07, 2014 11:48 am

It would depend on how it's done. Personally, considering we got confirmation that Sakura definitely surpassed Shizune, it wouldn't surprise me to get Sakura surpassing Tsunade in abilities confirmation as well before the war ends.

I'd like it just to use it against those who keep putting Sakura down.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Wed May 07, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm up for this and it shouldn't be too hard to explain and put together if Kishimoto wanted. For example Sakura's seal is a little different from Tsunade's if i'm not mistaken (the name was different or something along those lines?) even that could go into the explanation for a possible sage mode or other power up for Sakura.  Sakura slug sage mode-would it be an asspull? 3725747089 
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Thu May 08, 2014 3:12 am

Yeah, I mean, its about time Sakura got something that isn't just a watered down version of tsunade's jutsus. And hey, it was said both jiraiya and Orochimaru attempted sage mode, with only jiraiya actually gaining it, so maybe tsundae tried but failed as well.

I think it's about time Sakura got something original.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu May 08, 2014 7:55 am

Twin Steps wrote:Yeah, I mean, its about time Sakura got something that isn't just a watered down version of tsunade's jutsus. And hey, it was said both jiraiya and Orochimaru attempted sage mode, with only jiraiya actually gaining it, so maybe tsundae tried but failed as well.

To the bolded: Is Sage Mode still original? Yes, that would help against Madara but Taijutsu also helps and Sakura has a badass destructive fist... If there were something she could get, why not something related to her inner-self and some mental/mind powers...?
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Thu May 08, 2014 3:34 pm

^ I'm also up for this lol...imo she will definitely need something more (whatever it may be) to be a part of the coming fight. Maybe releasing her seal can give her a huge speed boost to go along with her monster strength? or maybe a cloak of chakra similar to the Raikage's that will raise all her base stats like speed and strength while offering restorative abilities for herself and anyone she comes into contact with?

Just throwing some more ideas out there

Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Fri May 09, 2014 3:47 am

Irielo wrote:
Twin Steps wrote:Yeah, I mean, its about time Sakura got something that isn't just a watered down version of tsunade's jutsus. And hey, it was said both jiraiya and Orochimaru attempted sage mode, with only jiraiya actually gaining it, so maybe tsundae tried but failed as well.

To the bolded: Is Sage Mode still original? Yes, that would help against Madara but Taijutsu also helps and Sakura has a badass destructive fist... If there were something she could get, why not something related to her inner-self and some mental/mind powers...?

I meant in regards to Tsunade. Sakura atm is nothing more than a warwred down Tsunade clone. Giving her a sage mode, something that Tsunade lacks, would finally have her surpass Tsunade.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Fri May 09, 2014 3:51 am

I want Sakura to have SSM so badly, and with the way Kishi has been giving powerups lately, I'm hoping he won't forget Sakura and also have her use that genjutsu potential she's been said to have. I do not know how it would be useful, but who knows? I'm excited she looks like she'll be fighting together with them. I really hope so because I'm honestly over this Naruto-Sasuke show business.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Fri May 09, 2014 4:00 am

Yeah, slug sage mode has sooooo much ground to stand on, it'll be beyond stupid if it doesn't happen
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacred Fire Fri May 09, 2014 7:11 am

Hello everyone just joined glad to be here

I don,t think Sakura will get slug sage mode.She might get senjutsu chakra from Naruto or unlock her seal
Sacred Fire
Sacred Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Sun May 11, 2014 7:00 am

Twin Steps wrote:I personally don't think so.

This theory has some very very solid ground to stand on. But in any case, I'm not here to try and convince you all to believe in this theory.

What I'm here to say is that, it wouldn't be an asspull.

Sakura and Tsunade made it very clear that there is a connection between the byakugou and katsuyu the slug. Sakura was unable to summon katsuyu until she got hr seal, so I think it could be that, just like how summoning katsuyu spends on the seal, so does entering slug sage mode.

Between Naruto the Messiah and Super Saiyan Sasuke... Naw. It could be very plausible, matter of fact give Ten Ten sage mode while you're at it.
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 am

I still don't know about Sakura's SM, she could eventually develop it all of a sudden or not... but given that Madara is now starting his plan which is based on a massive Genjutsu, I could imagine Sakura's Genjutsu's potential to bloom and to play a decisive role in putting his plan down.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Sun May 18, 2014 10:49 am

It might be possible for there to be a slug sage mode. I have thought maybe Hashirama was using slug sage mode. In the manga it is never stated where Hashirama learned how to use sage mode. Tsunade is Hashirama's granddaughter so it is not that far fetched that Hashirama had the slug contract and possibly passed it on to Tsunade. Both Toad and snake sage mode have been shown to appear different from Hashirama's sage mode. Hashirama even gets a red dot with a red circle surrounding it on his forehead in the same position that Tsunade and Sakura have the diamond.

Slugs have been shown in my opinion to be more a support based summon so maybe Slug sage mode rather than need a massive amount of chakra like Toad and snake perhaps slug sage mode requires precise chakra control, as the massive amount of chakra one must have to use sage mode is the only draw back from Sakura knowing it. Slug sage mode requiring perfect chakra control would be a way around the requirement of a massive amount of chakra.
I think that this discussion of slug sage mode especially my theory also might shed some light on things discussed in this thread though my theory on this subject has changed since I last posted in that thread.

https://naruhina.forumotion.com/t685-harashiama-s-sage-mode-origin

Edit Shikkotsu Woods is where the slugs live. With Hashirama's wood style that sounds more like a place He would go. Way more so than the toad or snake realms. Just my opinion.

Last edited by meow69 on Sun May 18, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added something)
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun May 18, 2014 10:54 pm

^This is a very interesting theory. I was just wondering if the conditions to be able to perform SM are the same for toads, snakes or eventually slugs... During Naruto's training at Mt Myoboku, he had to remain still and absorb natural energy and balance it properly in his body in order not to become a statue. That means that toad SM does need a good chakra control...

This is actually what I am wondering, if every form of SM processes the same way or if there are differences in the process of getting it.

Another thing, I think slugs can do more than supporting. Their acid can be a deadly weapon too if used in a fight. The thing with Hashirama having slug SM is that he has not been showed summoning any slugs and his summons were of wooden-type likes. So, maybe instead of having a Sage Mode based on slugs, he got one related to the environment where slugs live: the Shikkotsu Woods.

That means if Sakura were to get Slug Sage Mode, she would be the first known character to have performed it.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Mon May 19, 2014 12:41 am

Correct and with snakes one had to keep moving something that the Toads had said was impossible.
Which leads me to wonder what Differences a Slug sage mode would have made.

Of course if Sakura had at some point acquired Sage mode than it would have been during the time skip before Shippuden. Which would lead to the question why would she have held that back when fighting Sasori, and most importantly When Naruto was fighting Pain. Having someone else that knew Sage mode would have been very helpful during that battle. If someone else that knew the Sage arts had been there then Naruto might not have even went 9 tails.

So if Sakura gets Sage mode and there isn't a good reason she didn't help against Pain to me that would either be an ass pull or would make Sakura look very bad in my opinion. Especially as She was sitting right by Random Hyuuga number 2 who I am sure was telling about the battle as it happened. In that case why didn't Sakura at least jump in when Naruto was pinned down with Hinata, If she knew Sage mode.

Last edited by meow69 on Mon May 19, 2014 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon May 19, 2014 12:55 am

^If Sakura had SM all this time, that would mean she had already surpassed Tsunade long time ago. I think this war is the time for the new generation to prove itself and to show that it is surpassing/surpasses the former ones.

So, I don't think Sakura had/have it. In my opinion , she would need first something (power-up or whatsoever) in order to perform it.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Mon May 19, 2014 11:25 am

If Sakura got "Sage Mode," it would be tied into her ability to use the diamond she has on her forehead now--which took 3 years for her to obtain in the first place. Sakura wouldn't have had SM before now and been for some silly reason not using the abilities, similar to how she's only allowed to disobey the "rules" for medic-nins now because she just obtained the exact same skills as Tsunade in full.

I don't know if Sakura will get SM, but I do feel that she'll be given a reason to have "surpassed" Tsunade beyond the obvious that her "brother & lover" aren't going to die on her unlike what happened with Tsunade.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Mon May 19, 2014 4:45 pm

I am not opposed to Sakura getting Sage Mode anymore, to be honest. My main problem with it was that she had been stated to have average/low chakra reserves, but having a large pool of chakra was required to obtain Sage Mode. But I think it's possible the seal may have taken care of that little handicap.

However, if she pulls it out of nowhere right now, it will be an asspull in the same level as Minato's when he showed his Sage Mode suddenly out of nowhere. I think Sakura could have the capacity to master a Sage Mode right now, but she would need to go through the respective training required for it. I wouldn't like it if she suddenly shows Sage Mode in the battlefield right now.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Wed May 21, 2014 3:38 am

Yeah, I'm starting to doubt Sakura will get SSM in this arc. Maybe if we have like another arc or a few months timeskip.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down