Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions

+9
NaruHina <3
Yamasaki Akaiko
engetsu
Irielo
GreatKungLao
Bubbles
Fallere825
Nineslashmonk
phungnana
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:29 am

GreatKungLao wrote:
engetsu wrote:And if you've been a Tobi fan from the get go, then I really understand, some people have been hardcore fans of his before even knowing who he really was.
Yeah, I really like masked villains. It gives them so much mystery and food for brains to try and guess, who is there behind that awesome mask. And when revelation is finally coming you become like "Wow!". "Wow!" effect is very strong with masked villains (and even heroes, whose true indentity you don't know as well until the mask been took off).

In the end, I don't think that Obito's actions are good or that I would be happy for him if he wins. I just think that he is actually a great villain with a decent motive. I'm tired of boring things, when villain want to do this and that for power, money, world's conquest and other not interesting and general reasons. But when it's because of lost love - this is something interesting, because not every writer is ready to show, that such good and pure feeling as love could lead a person to madness. I like Obito as a villain, but I don't like what he is doing now and already did, because it goes against my personal moral kodex. My sympathy goes to his reason, not it's consequences, that came after.

I get it, GKL.

Personally, I would have really liked a joker type villain. Like the The Dark Knight. THAT was awesome.

A villain that can't be bargained with, reasoned with or bullied. Someone who's entire motivation is pure destruction and chaos.

Those are my favorite villains.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 am

In the last frame:
Spoiler:
Is that a tear?

And I don't like Minato here
Spoiler:
It's like he hates old Obito as well.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 am

GreatKungLao wrote:In the last frame:
Spoiler:
Is that a tear?

And I don't like Minato here
Spoiler:
It's like he hates old Obito as well.

I'm sure Minato is more angry at himself than anything, having let his student turn into Juubito is not something that would make me happy either, you know?

And the way this is going Minato is going to turn into bite sized hokage bits by the looks of it, at least if Juubito ball of whatever blows up in his face like that.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:51 am

Nineslashmonk wrote:GreatKungLao...anything you like to add to this?  From the looks of it...one of your possible scenarios might be happening.
If you are talking about this one, then I'm all for this to happen, but instead of punch through stomach there will be bijuu-dama's explosion.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 am

Minato is just severely disappointed.

The whole obsession with Rin is getting old really fast and making me hate Obito more than I did already. I know it was traumatic and it hurt him, but this is insane. And woah, that last page was great though.

Spoiler:

I don't think Sasuke is up to no good at this point. Last chapter he saved Naruto because he said he wanted to be the one to defeat him, but it didn't seem in a hostile kind of way. He obviously still cares a lot about his team, an I also don't see Kishi making him really an 'evil' character again.

As for Obito, just fucking die already. Please. I'm ready for Madara.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:03 am

NekoKimio wrote:As for Obito, just fucking die already. Please. I'm ready for Madara.

Amen.

GreatKungLao wrote:engetsu, Obito's love for Rin is similar to Hinata's for Naruto in some way. I don't think, that both were expecting return of their feelings, but they were keeping try to do so, to prove their love to those they love and then probably get some clear answer. Hinata was able to show herself to Naruto and making him realize, that she is the one he needs and always needed. Obito was the only one ready to go and rescue Rin, while Kakashi said, that they should abanbon her and keep doing their mission - in time Obito could probably do the same as Hinata did, prove that his feelings are worth of been noticed and eventually accepted, because he is ready to give Rin, what others couldn't. But now, how he can accomplish any of these things, if Rin is dead? He wasn't given a good amount of time to live beside Rin as Hinata was given to live beside Naruto.

I don't think, that Hinata would also be able to live peacefully in a world, where her loved one is dead.

In all this mess there is a lot of "if", "if only" or "what if". We can't predict, how would certain character react if he lived through same hell as Obito did. As well as we can't be sure, if Rin would return Obito's feelings or not - she could accept the fact, that Kakashi has no such feelings for her and move on, just like Naruto did by accpeting Sakura's love for Sasuke.

In the end, all I have said above could just has no point at all.

Sorry to intrude without reading the whole conversation, but I want to address the bolded. Obito's "love" for Rin is nothing like Hinata's love for Naruto.

Obito hasn't shown nearly as much understanding of Rin's character, as Hinata has shown for Naruto's. Obito hasn't shown any respect for Rin's memory and what she stood up for. Hinata on the other hand, has ALWAYS been supportive of Naruto's wishes and ideals, and even encourages them. Obito runs away from Rin's memories, and even calls her an impostor, while he wants to control the world just so that he could see her again. I could never see a character such as Hinata, who wants peace and to avoid conflict, going to the lengths Obito has gone if she were to lose her loved one. Furthermore, I could never see her running away from Naruto's memories and not honoring his death. They simply are not comparable.

At the topic, I didn't get excited with this chapter. I really don't feel this sense of danger we're supposed to feel with that cliffhanger. We know Naruto and Sasuke will not die. We know Minato is an Edo who can just regenerate. The only one in actual danger is Gamakichi... I like Gamakichi, but it feels anti-climatic for some reason.

Obito thinking of Rin got old so many chapters ago. I wish he would just stop, it's not making his actions any more justified. *sigh* I'm just completely disappointed with his character. So much potential, all gone to waste. I rather see what Madara and Hashirama are up to next.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:35 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:This chapter was too soon for them to help out. None of them can move as fast as Naruto or Sasuke or any of the Hokages. If Minato was noting that he wasn't going to be able to save them in time (and he wouldn't have if it wasn't for Naruto's quick thinking), then there was no way that anyone from the alliance was going to save them.

I think next chapter is still a bit of a stretch for the alliance to help... but considering Minato did make an attack after the save, I think the "time to reach them" issue is getting to be less of a factor in preventing the others from getting involved.
Dang. I really wanted to see Shikamaru.
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 am

As for Obito, just fucking die already. Please. I'm ready for Madara.

Yeah.

Spoiler:
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 pm

So Naruto and Sasuke ended up escaping through a joint effort between Naruto and Minato.

Lol at Mianto's unnecessary long jutsu names, his inner dweeb is showing. It's so bad its kinda awesome and cute.

I liked that in the flashback young Obito says "Once I become Hokage, I won't have time to think about women!". It shows how mentally healthy an not-Rin obsessed Obito was in the past. Yeah he still loved her and it sucked that she obviously had feelings for someone else, but it seems like back then at least, he was able to be at peace with it. It also makes it seem like Obito had motivation other than impressing Rin to become Hokage back in the day (which is really good). It's really quite the horrific contrast to the Rin obsessed monster that he is today.

So his love for Rin allowed him to find the inner strength to pull himself together and control the Juubi. Though I still don't think Obito's motives are justified, it did make me feel a little sorry for him. His determination to see his loved ones again, even if the motivation behind it is selfish and crazy, is impressive. And Perfected Jinchuriki Obito looks pretty bad ass

.Any one notice the contrast in imagery of the two teams (Team 7 vs Team Minato)? How last chapter Sasuke had mentally slashed an image of his old team, specifically through Naruto's face, and this Chapter we have Obito pulling the torn pieces of the image of his old team together

Another cliffhanger. Though the only one in real danger is poor Gamachiki since Naruto and Sasuke have a plot shield so strong the 3rd Raikage's spear wouldn't be able to break it and Minato is kinda immortal right now. But I wonder how Naruto and Sauce are  going to get themselves out of this this time. Minato might be able to teleport them away, but he's not in the best shape right now. Overall really action-y chapter, felt like It went by really fast lol.

And No. Don't compare Naruhina to ObiRin. Especially the current state of Obito's love for Rin--obsession, to Hinata's love for Naruto. Just no.

Everything Obito has done is for his own benefit. Just so he can relive his life with Rin and not have to deal with the pain of not being with her. None of this is for the actual Rin, who doesn't benefit from this at all. At the end of the day, Rin is still going to be dead. Not only this, but in the process of achieving this plan Obito has disrespected and endangered everything Rin had loved and gave her life to protect. Again, this isn't about what Rin would want, but what Obito is unwilling to face: reality. He even called the real Rin an imposter for dying in favor of creating a fantasy Rin to basically replace her. Obito has deluded himself into thinking his ambitions are noble, but whne you look at the bigger picture, in fact his love for Rin is unhealthy, selfish and self serving. These aren't adjectives that I'd use to describe Hinata's love for Naruto. Obviously Obito's motivations don't come from rational thought (I'm serious about this, I honestly believe he experienced a 'mental slip' back when he was cradling Rin's bloody lifeless body) or else he would think more about what the girl he's supposed to be in love with would want.
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:49 pm

I don't know if I should do this, but:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
When Hinata thought, that she has reached her limits, thoughts about Naruto gave her strength to complete this difficult tecnhique and go even further. When Obito was almost fully consumed by Juubi, thoughts about Rin gave him strength to reverse the process against Juubi and take control over the beast.

I can't understand some people. When Obito thinking about Rin a lot is a bad thing, it's obsession and such, but when Hinata is always thinking about Naruto almost whenever we see her - it's ok, it's love. No, I'm not saying that Hinata thinking about Naruto a lot and their future, even during the war, is a bad thing - I love it. But I also like, that Rin is doing same thing for Obito, as Naruto doing for Hinata - makes stronger. It's just that love in both situations was lead with different paths.

I can't imagine, what would Hinata feel if she has hold Naruto's cold dead body in her hands, like Obito did with Rin or Naruto Hinata's.

Obito once was a good and very kind person. The way he turned out now is actually shows, that certain events can change even the most pure soul into something dark.

I personally would like to see next chapter to consist with a lot of dialogues between Obito and others, since he reutrned to his senses and healed.

I can understand all of you, why you hate Obito and everything him related, but I think this thread need someone, who would protect him or else the whole converstaion wouldn't be so interesting =)
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:06 pm

engetsu wrote:If this chapter shows anything. It's that Obito won't be stopped until Kakashi decides to come back to reality. The old kages have nothing really to even harm Juubito at this point. And it looks like they are beyond outmatched.

Why else is kishi holding back Kakashi like this? Again, it's really a grudge match against Obito and Kakashi and that's really the only way that this can end.

I like this idea ^

Spoiler:

The only thing though is Kakashi will need some major healing and chakra recovery before any of this can go down...and realistically he will have to fight with help or juubito will have to have been powered down somehow imo. Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions - Page 2 3725747089
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:02 pm

GreatKungLao wrote:I don't know if I should do this, but:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
When Hinata thought, that she has reached her limits, thoughts about Naruto gave her strength to complete this difficult tecnhique and go even further. When Obito was almost fully consumed by Juubi, thoughts about Rin gave him strength to reverse the process against Juubi and take control over the beast.

I can't understand some people. When Obito thinking about Rin a lot is a bad thing, it's obsession and such, but when Hinata is always thinking about Naruto almost whenever we see her - it's ok, it's love. No, I'm not saying that Hinata thinking about Naruto a lot and their future, even during the war, is a bad thing - I love it. But I also like, that Rin is doing same thing for Obito, as Naruto doing for Hinata - makes stronger. It's just that love in both situations was lead with different paths.

I can't imagine, what would Hinata feel if she has hold Naruto's cold dead body in her hands, like Obito did with Rin or Naruto Hinata's.

Obito once was a good and very kind person. The way he turned out now is actually shows, that certain events can change even the most pure soul into something dark.

I personally would like to see next chapter to consist with a lot of dialogues between Obito and others, since he reutrned to his senses and healed.

I can understand all of you, why you hate Obito and everything him related, but I think this thread need someone, who would protect him or else the whole converstaion wouldn't be so interesting =)

Because Hinata's main purpose in life isn't just to get with Naruto? While Hinata does use Naruto as inspiration, she's always wanted to become stronger for herself. She voluntarily took steps to change herself to prove to herself and her clan that she could become a strong shinobi. She has other goals in life that doesn't involve Naruto. She has comrades that she cares about and has protected with her life that aren't Naruto. Plus I wouldn't want Hinata to only think of Naruto every single time she appears. It would make her character too Naruto-centric. Obito's entire life for the past 15 years has resolved around a plan for him to someday see Rin again in a made up reality. He has dedicated himself to this aspiration to the extent that he'll kill any former comrade that stands in his way and rationalize it with the stance that "nothing attached to this rotten reality matters". Rin is just about the only thing Obito thinks about.

And Obito's circumstances may have darkened his heart but his decision to selfishly ignore the wishes of the girl he's supposed to love, is his own. If Hinata were put in the same situation as Obito, while she would be deeply hurt, I doubt she'd walk all over Naruto's dreams and plot against the village he's fought so hard to protect. She loves and understands Naruto enough to want to protect what Naruto had loved in his memory.
Think of it this way: when Orochimaru promised Tsunade a way to see her lover Dan and her little brother Nawaki again in exchange for healing his arms, she almost gave in to him. Her desire to see her loved ones again had almost blinded her. However once realizing that healing Orochimaru would surely endanger the leaf village, which both Dan an Nawaki loved and had wanted to protect as Hokage, Tsunade realized that her seeing them again through Orochimaru would trample all over her loved one's dreams and disrespect their memories. And upon realizing this she turned against Orochimaru and decided to keep the dream of her deceased loved ones alive by becoming Hokage.
Kakashi went through much worse than Obito. His father had committed suicide when he was a child, he was helpless to prevent his best friend from being crushed to death by boulders, he killed Rin, the girl he had promised his dead friend to protect, by his own hands, his sensei died years later defending the village-- and Kakashi has managed to keep it together.
I don't hate Obito, I find villians who become legit mentally disturbed or go insane intresting (Azula anyone?) but I'm also not going to romanticize his actions and motivations to make Obito seem more sympathetic.
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:17 pm

engetsu wrote:
I get it, GKL.

Personally, I would have really liked a joker type villain. Like the The Dark Knight. THAT was awesome.

A villain that can't be bargained with, reasoned with or bullied. Someone who's entire motivation is pure destruction and chaos.

Those are my favorite villains.

I would've loved a joker type villain.
Tobi or "No one. Ends up doing it for "the lulz." x3
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Lickstermik wrote:
engetsu wrote:If this chapter shows anything. It's that Obito won't be stopped until Kakashi decides to come back to reality. The old kages have nothing really to even harm Juubito at this point. And it looks like they are beyond outmatched.

Why else is kishi holding back Kakashi like this? Again, it's really a grudge match against Obito and Kakashi and that's really the only way that this can end.

I like this idea ^

Spoiler:

The only thing though is Kakashi will need some major healing and chakra recovery before any of this can go down...and realistically he will have to fight with help or juubito will have to have been powered down somehow imo. Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions - Page 2 3725747089

There's a reason Kakashi's entrance in being held back like it is, he didn't follow Obito because, he's either planning something, or he was too tired to chase him.

But all I really know at this point is that when kakashi doesn indeed come back it will be a big deal somehow someway.

Since you're Kakashi fan, you're not going to like this but I think that maybe he might die in this battle. It's a definite possibility.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Aelita wrote:
GreatKungLao wrote:I don't know if I should do this, but:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Because Hinata's main purpose in life isn't just to get with Naruto? While Hinata does use Naruto as inspiration, she's always wanted to become stronger for herself. She voluntarily took steps to change herself to prove to herself and her clan that she could become a strong shinobi. She has other goals in life that doesn't involve Naruto. She has comrades that she cares about and has protected with her life that aren't Naruto. Plus I wouldn't want Hinata to only think of Naruto every single time she appears. It would make her character too Naruto-centric. Obito's entire life for the past 15 years has resolved around a plan for him to someday see Rin again in a made up reality. He has dedicated himself to this aspiration to the extent that he'll kill any former comrade that stands in his way and rationalize it with the stance that "nothing attached to this rotten reality matters". Rin is just about the only thing Obito thinks about.

And Obito's circumstances may have darkened his heart but his decision to selfishly ignore the wishes of the girl he's supposed to love, is his own. If Hinata were put in the same situation as Obito, while she would be deeply hurt, I doubt she'd walk all over Naruto's dreams and plot against the village he's fought so hard to protect. She loves and understands Naruto enough to want to protect what Naruto had loved in his memory.
Think of it this way: when Orochimaru promised Tsunade a way to see her lover Dan and her little brother Nawaki again in exchange for healing his arms, she almost gave in to him. Her desire to see her loved ones again had almost blinded her. However once realizing that healing Orochimaru would surely endanger the leaf village, which both Dan an Nawaki loved and had wanted to protect as Hokage, Tsunade realized that her seeing them again through Orochimaru would trample all over her loved one's dreams and disrespect their memories. And upon realizing this she turned against Orochimaru and decided to keep the dream of her deceased loved ones alive by becoming Hokage.
Kakashi went through much worse than Obito. His father had committed suicide when he was a child, he was helpless to prevent his best friend from being crushed to death by boulders, he killed Rin, the girl he had promised his dead friend to protect, by his own hands, his sensei died years later defending the village-- and Kakashi has managed to keep it together.
I don't hate Obito, I find villians who become legit mentally disturbed or go insane intresting (Azula anyone?) but I'm also not going to romanticize his actions and motivations to make Obito seem more sympathetic.
Obito wants create his world not only to see Rin. It is also beacuse he is disgusted by how reality is a cruel place for people, with this horrible concept of winners and loosers and everything else, that Madara taught him. He said to Naruto, that he should not be afraid of loneliness, because in his world everyone he lost will be alive and his dreams will become true. In some sick way he also doing it for others.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 am

GreatKungLao wrote:Obito wants create his world not only to see Rin. It is also beacuse he is disgusted by how reality is a cruel place for people, with this horrible concept of winners and loosers and everything else, that Madara taught him. He said to Naruto, that he should not be afraid of loneliness, because in his world everyone he lost will be alive and his dreams will become true. In some sick way he also doing it for others.

I agree on the fact that Madara manipulated him. What SenpaiSamaSan wrote in another thread regarding Madara's manipulation through the Senju's half he implanted in Obito's body, is a very interesting point and I still think about it.

But I can't agree on the fact that he is doing it somehow for others. Obito refuses to admit reality and to face it and for this reason, he wants to create HIS own world and impose HIS reality to everybody. That shows again how selfish he has become.

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:17 am

Irielo, he just want to save everybody from "Eventually everyone will become like me. This is reality". Means that by his theory, reality will evetually create another one looser, who would be sick from the concept of reality and will come with some crazy idea, that will be a threat to entire world and will start 5th, 6th, 7th, etc. World Shinobi War. To stop this - Perfect Tsukuyomi World must be created.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:23 am

GreatKungLao wrote:Irielo, he just want to save everybody from "Eventually everyone will become like me. This is reality". Means that by his theory, reality will evetually create another one looser, who would be sick from the concept of reality and will come with some crazy idea, that will be a threat to entire world and will start 5th, 6th, 7th, etc. World Shinobi War.

GreatKungLao Like you wrote, that remains his idea of peace. So who does he think he is to try to impose it upon others? God? Look how much damages, destruction and how many people died because of his concept of reality. Obito is fooling himself no more no less.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:53 am

engetsu wrote:
Lickstermik wrote:

I like this idea ^

Spoiler:

There's a reason Kakashi's entrance in being held back like it is, he didn't follow Obito because, he's either planning something, or he was too tired to chase him.

But all I really know at this point is that when kakashi doesn indeed come back it will be a big deal somehow someway.

Since you're Kakashi fan, you're not going to like this but I think that maybe he might die in this battle. It's a definite possibility.

I've been mentally preparing myself for that, but i'm still hoping it doesn't have to go that far...we'll see
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:04 am

GreatKungLao wrote:
Spoiler:

Hinata and Obito are not comparable at all. Even their love is different. They both gained some sort of strength from their loved ones, sure, but a lot of people have also gained strength from others in moments of need. That is certainly not enough to make a connection between the two.

You should understand, because not only their thoughts are completely different, but we've seen Obito's a lot more frequently than Hinata's. As a secondary character, we see Hinata's thoughts once every 100 chapters (or less during this war), compared to Obito's, who ever since it was revealed it was him, we get to hear about his obsession for Rin almost in a weekly basis. Hinata thinks about Neji, she's been shown caring for her teammates and protecting her comrades. Obito, even though he SAYS he's doing what he's doing "not only for Rin", Rin is all he ever thinks about.

Not only that, but he doesn't even respect the real Rin, and instead he calls her an impostor. He's trampling all over what she stood up for, and making her sacrifice be in vain. Hinata would NEVER do that to Naruto. She didn't do it to Neji, she won't do it to Naruto either.

Obito is not doing what he's doing for others, he's doing it for himself alone. The people he supposedly wants to "bring peace to" don't want his kind of peace. They don't want to be manipulated, he's forcing his ideals on them. I couldn't think of a character more different from Obito than Hinata, who cares too much about others and doesn't like confrontations.

I would compare him to Sasuke, but even then, Sasuke went through worse, and even Sasuke wants to honor Itachi's sacrifice and what he stood up for. Obito had great potential to be a great main villain, if he only would think about how he wants to rearrange the shinobi system and why does he want to do it, instead of thinking of Rin 24/7, and not even about who she really is, but his idea of her.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:24 am

Strawberry wrote:
GreatKungLao wrote:
Spoiler:

Hinata and Obito are not comparable at all. Even their love is different. They both gained some sort of strength from their loved ones, sure, but a lot of people have also gained strength from others in moments of need. That is certainly not enough to make a connection between the two.

You should understand, because not only their thoughts are completely different, but we've seen Obito's a lot more frequently than Hinata's. As a secondary character, we see Hinata's thoughts once every 100 chapters (or less during this war), compared to Obito's, who ever since it was revealed it was him, we get to hear about his obsession for Rin almost in a weekly basis. Hinata thinks about Neji, she's been shown caring for her teammates and protecting her comrades. Obito, even though he SAYS he's doing what he's doing "not only for Rin", Rin is all he ever thinks about.

Not only that, but he doesn't even respect the real Rin, and instead he calls her an impostor. He's trampling all over what she stood up for, and making her sacrifice be in vain. Hinata would NEVER do that to Naruto. She didn't do it to Neji, she won't do it to Naruto either.

Obito is not doing what he's doing for others, he's doing it for himself alone. The people he supposedly wants to "bring peace to" don't want his kind of peace. They don't want to be manipulated, he's forcing his ideals on them. I couldn't think of a character more different from Obito than Hinata, who cares too much about others and doesn't like confrontations.

I would compare him to Sasuke, but even then, Sasuke went through worse, and even Sasuke wants to honor Itachi's sacrifice and what he stood up for. Obito had great potential to be a great main villain, if he only would think about how he wants to rearrange the shinobi system and why does he want to do it, instead of thinking of Rin 24/7, and not even about who she really is, but his idea of her.

I completely agree with your point. But we are seeing what Hinata feels a lot more than once every 100 chapters...

I mean, 540,559,573,615,633...not to mention 437 but that happened a while ago now.

I think it's important to realize she's gotten a lot more attention lately compared to before.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 am

^ I know. Which is why I said even less during this war (less chapters). xD
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:17 am

To be honest, I would like next couple or even few chapters to be almost only dialogues. It was a long time since we have seen decent speeches and interactions between characters through words. I definitely want to for Minato find out Obito's reasons for his actions and hear his thoughts about this, as well as Naruto's and probably Sasuke's. Last time Obito was almost dead and then sucked by Juubi's will, but now he is healed both physically and mentally, so I want to hear some eye-to-eye with sensei talk. I do like watching cool action, but it is dialogues, that move the story and character's development forward.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Yeah, I like the chapters with plenty of writing. Makes me feel like I waited for something instead of nothing.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm

I would like some dialogues too but I'm fed up of Obito for now.

Give me some HashiMada please... That's what I'm expecting a good talk about the past, with flashbacks and revelations... things which are still unknown about clan issues or the So6P...

Why HashiMada? Because they are the ones who have the best knowledge of the Shinobis' history on the battlefield. I'd really like to learn more for instance about the Hyuuga and Uzumaki clans and the connections to the Uchiha and Senju...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next