Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions

+9
NaruHina <3
Yamasaki Akaiko
engetsu
Irielo
GreatKungLao
Bubbles
Fallere825
Nineslashmonk
phungnana
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions Empty Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions

Post by phungnana Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Naruto 640:  http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Naruto/Naruto-640--Finally?id=170795

I like the new look Obito Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 1461727051
phungnana

Back to top Go down

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions Empty Re: Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions

Post by Nineslashmonk Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Looks like Obito was reallllllly having a splitting headache before he finally put himself together.

And it looks like the three of them are in trouble. Mini Tail beast ball bomb about to blow. Any ideas how they'll get out of it? GreatKungLao...anything you like to add to this? From the looks of it...one of your possible scenarios might be happening.

Nineslashmonk

Back to top Go down

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions Empty Re: Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions

Post by Fallere825 Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Dang...so they managed to save themselves (or well Naruto managed to save them) lol not as epic as we were hoping but effective...simple and effective, nice one Kishimoto.

Obito seems to have his mind back and with it control, making him a lot more dangerous now. Its just getting better and better, another long week of waiting ahead Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2801306734 

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2697176399 for the so6p mode. shit just got a lot realer than it was before
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Nineslashmonk Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Lickstermik wrote:Dang...so they managed to save themselves (or well Naruto managed to save them) lol not as epic as we were hoping but effective...simple and effective, nice one Kishimoto.

Obito seems to have his mind back and with it control, making him a lot more dangerous now. Its just getting better and better, another long week of waiting ahead Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2801306734 

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2697176399 for the so6p mode. shit just got a lot realer than it was before

I Know what you mean Lickstermik. Gaaaaahhh....got to wait another week to find out what happens next Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2801306734 
Nineslashmonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 3681310413
meh.

I predict another tedious, drawn out chapter. Well, at least Obito nearly splitting apart (head split omg gross) was pretty entertaining to see, and I guess his new look is pretty cool. But we didn't even get to see the girls either, just, blah.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nineslashmonk Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Bubbles wrote:
Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 3681310413
meh.

I predict another tedious, drawn out chapter. Well, at least Obito nearly splitting apart (head split omg gross) was pretty entertaining to see, and I guess his new look is pretty cool. But we didn't even get to see the girls either, just, blah.

Well, we might see them next chapter and get another Naruhina moment while we are at it. But then again, we got Obito to deal with now that he managed to put himself back together. I just wish I could think of some lego or head splitting jokes for that particular scene.

Also, I just realized something...how much longer is it going to be before we see Kakashi again?
Nineslashmonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Nineslashmonk wrote:
Lickstermik wrote:Dang...so they managed to save themselves (or well Naruto managed to save them) lol not as epic as we were hoping but effective...simple and effective, nice one Kishimoto.

I Know what you mean Lickstermik.  Gaaaaahhh....got to wait another week to find out what happens next Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2801306734 

And we're left with another near death cliffhanger...this time though, i can't really think of a way out. How would the kages stop a mini tailed beast bomb that close already? and Minato doesn't look like he's in any condition to do another jump. Maybe Naruto or Sasuke  can react in time and hit it away prehaps?

I too await Kakashi's return Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 307861855
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Nineslashmonk Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Lickstermik wrote:
Nineslashmonk wrote:

I Know what you mean Lickstermik.  Gaaaaahhh....got to wait another week to find out what happens next Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2801306734 

And we're left with another near death cliffhanger...this time though, i can't really think of a way out. How would the kages stop a mini tailed beast bomb that close already? and Minato doesn't look like he's in any condition to do another jump. Maybe Naruto or Sasuke  can react in time and hit it away prehaps?

@Nineslashmonk
I too await Kakashi's return Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 307861855 

My guess about this cliffhanger might go in these possible directions (but then again I could be wrong about this) Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 3725747089 

1. Kakashi manages to return in the nick of time to send the mini tailed beast bomb, saving all three of them.

2. The bomb explodes, taking Minato out of the game for the moment (which i mean both arms gone and piece of torso missing). Naruto and Sasuke get injured, in which both Sakura and Hinata come to their aid (and we get another Naruhina moment which Minato finally seals the deal Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 2697176399 )

Now, there is one little prediction that I have in mind why we haven't seen Kakashi yet. Its kinda of a long shot theory but I've thought about it. Also note that I was almost asleep when I came up with this.

Obito manages to initiate the Eye of the moon plan. Naruto, Hinata, Bee, Kage, Sasuke, etc manage to stay immune or get out of it. They realize they need to somehow destroy the moon to end the Eye of the Moon plan and free everyone else. Kakashi realizes this and uses his long range Kamui to warp away the moon, which in turn ends the plan but at the cost of his life.
Nineslashmonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:29 pm

@Nineslashmonk

Ouch...don't kill Kakashi lol

#2 sounds interesting and very possible...who knows we'll just have to wait and see Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 3725747089
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:54 pm

It was really interesting to see, how Juubi is taking control over Obito just by ripping him aparat. Obito definitely was in pain, a lot of pain... But love saved him again. When picture of Rin was getting read to be scissored, Obito took all his will and made himself back to normal and took control over Juubi. His new look is awesome and cool.

What could Gamakichi, Naruto, Sasuke and Minato do in the next chapter... I have no idea at all.

By the way, since he fixed the whole picture of his team, I guess it means that not only Rin is important to him from there or else, only Rin's part would be fixed and others thrown away, I think.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nineslashmonk Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:55 pm

[quote="Lickstermik"]@Nineslashmonk

Ouch...don't kill Kakashi lol

#2 sounds interesting and very possible...who knows we'll just have to wait and see Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions 3725747089[/quote

Like I said, that last one I came up with was when I was nearly dead asleep. I might change it to he still lives but he is drained.
Nineslashmonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 pm

So, Minato saved Naruto and Sasuke... and Juubito seems to have become more dangerous now that he looks like the So6P.

It was important to see how the boys were going to be saved but I hope next week to see the others...
What is going to happen with this scattering bomb? They might now be even more in danger...

Like Kakashi said, the old Obito is already dead. The only thing remaining from the past is his love which transformed into a sick obsession and that obsession gave him the possibility to become Juubito and now this kind of So6P.

Last edited by Irielo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just wanted to add something)
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 pm

If this chapter shows anything. It's that Obito won't be stopped until Kakashi decides to come back to reality. The old kages have nothing really to even harm Juubito at this point. And it looks like they are beyond outmatched.

Why else is kishi holding back Kakashi like this? Again, it's really a grudge match against Obito and Kakashi and that's really the only way that this can end.

What about the current kage's anyway, where are they? Not even an update on those guys in like how many chapters now? Not that they will make a bit of difference at this point in the game. (unless tsunade wants to die to conveniently leave the Hokage spot available to fight for).

But the good thing to really come out of this chapter is that this is probably Juubito final transformation and that means that he's now killable and we'll see him at least begin to be affected by the battle soon enough.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 am

If the Hokages are outmatched to the point that they can't help, then the war is over because no one--that includes Naruto--can match Obito's power right now. Individual power isn't the issue. It's all about teamwork. The current Kages will make their grand entrance soon. I don't think it'll be for the next chapter though. It hasn't been that long since we've seen the current Kages. It was a much longer stretch between Madara joining Obito on the battlefield with a glimpse to the current Kages to when Orochimaru reached them a few chapters ago.

As for the cliffhanger, it depends on Minato first--whether he can move away to a spot where he wouldn't hurt anyone. However, unless that bomb is supposed to be a zillion times more powerful than that Heaven/Earth attack the Juubi had before, surviving it isn't an issue (Naruto is cloaked and he can cloak Sasuke if Susanno can't hold it off, Gamakichi is going to have to leave). The problem would be the aftermath of it as Naruto would be injured again.

The other methods in my head involve Sasuke, but I'm not sure of those as I think the effects of the Sharingan techniques are a bit too high for allowing Sasuke to be able to continue to fight effectively--and he doesn't have bijuus within him like Naruto does.

I'm wondering when Hashirama is going to get involved again though. Of course, Tobirama (especially as he's the "fastest" after Minato and has been gone the longest) and/or Hiruzen could've reformed conveniently too.

Of course, it's also possible that someone will be given a very convenient ability as there's no way that the alliance doesn't know what's going on right now (too many Hyuugas watching--would be nice if Ino and/or other Yamanakas are doing mind connections again) and despite Hashirama's warning--there's been enough time to ignore it and possibly get into position to do something.

At this point, I'm expecting Obito to be a threat until he attempts to remove the Edo Tensei. That's actually why I expect the Hokages to keep being annoying to Obito. We learned when Itachi ended the Edo Tensei that the seals for stopping are different from what Kabuto showed Obito to end it. I'm waiting for that to become important.

There are a lot of possibilities. I was entertained.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by NaruHina <3 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:42 am

Expected to see Konoha 11 working together to help them out, but didn't go exactly as I planned it out to be.
NaruHina <3
NaruHina <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:04 am

This chapter was too soon for them to help out. None of them can move as fast as Naruto or Sasuke or any of the Hokages. If Minato was noting that he wasn't going to be able to save them in time (and he wouldn't have if it wasn't for Naruto's quick thinking), then there was no way that anyone from the alliance was going to save them.

I think next chapter is still a bit of a stretch for the alliance to help... but considering Minato did make an attack after the save, I think the "time to reach them" issue is getting to be less of a factor in preventing the others from getting involved.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:29 am

You know, I would like something like that to happen in future with Obito:
Spoiler:
Artist: http://lesya7.deviantart.com/

I think such idea is beautiful.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:33 am

GreatKungLao wrote:You know, I would like something like that to happen in future with Obito:
Spoiler:
Artist: http://lesya7.deviantart.com/

I think such idea is beautiful.

Call me coldhearted but Obito doesn't deserve an ending that happy.

He has murdered countless people in cold blood over being friendzoned. He brings shame not only to the Uchiha clan's name but also to Rin's. If she were around to see what was being done in her name she would be mortified.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 am

engetsu, look at picture's name =)

Call me crazy, but in some way what Obito is doing is beautiful. In some crazy sense it does. It was actually cool, when Juubi was ripping Obito aparat and thoughts of Rin helped him to take control over that beast.

You see, become a villain because of love is something interesting in my eyes, that's why I like Obito he is right now and why I think he is amazing villain. We have already saw, how far you can go because of love (Hinata been ready to die for Naruto, Sakura been ready to left the village with Sasuke, Naruto was ready to become 9-tails kyuubi, etc.). But what will happen, when this feeling as love will be used by some Dark Lord and been twistedly corrupted, how far then you will go? Obito is the answer. There is no need for reality, where Rin does not exist/is not alive. This is just some mad drama, I agree, but from some very different perspective I can see, that this is actually amazing.

Sorry if I would look now like some crazy man, who protects Obito, while been fan of NaruHina, but that's just me. I just like it:
Spoiler:

Villain because of love is not less romantic, than hero because of love.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:20 am

GreatKungLao wrote:engetsu, look at picture's name =)

Call me crazy, but in some way what Obito is doing is beautiful. In some crazy sense it does. It was actually cool, when Juubi was ripping Obito aparat and thoughts of Rin helped him to take control over that beast.

You see, become a villain because of love is something interesting in my eyes, that's why I like Obito he is right now and why I think he is amazing villain. We have already saw, how far you can go because of love (Hinata been ready to die for Naruto, Sakura been ready to left the village with Sasuke, Naruto was ready to become 9-tails kyuubi, etc.). But what will happen, when this feeling as love will be used by some Dark Lord and been twistedly corrupted, how far then you will go? Obito is the answer. There is no need for reality, where Rin does not exist/is not alive. This is just some mad drama, I agree, but from some very different perspective I can see, that this is actually amazing.

Sorry if I would look now like some crazy man, who protects Obito, while been fan of NaruHina, but that's just me. I just like it:
Spoiler:

I would be more understanding of Obito's love if it was even returned by Rin, which is was not! She never thought of Obito that way and they were never a couple. They never had a first date, kiss, etc...nothing.

When she gave her life to protect Konoha, she made the ultimate sacrifice because she knew it was her duty. Instead of honoring Rin's sacrifice and protecting what she died to protect, he would destroy Konoha and it's people out of some delusions of grandeur.

From what we understand Rin and Obito have nothing in common, Obito is trampling over the legacy Rin left behind, trying to make her sacrifice useless.

And she never even thought of Obito that way, Obito might think this is for Rin, but what he's doing would, again, mortify her, because her death would have been for nothing in the end. The story is more disturbing than anything to me.

I mean, compare it to Hinata, who feels the same way for Naruto, she was ready to die for Naruto and what Naruto was trying to protect. Hinata made sure they were fighting for the same thing because she wanted to be closer to Naruto in whatever way she could. If Naruto were to die, she wouldn't stop believing the things he stood for, she would honor what his life meant.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:37 am

engetsu, Obito's love for Rin is similar to Hinata's for Naruto in some way. I don't think, that both were expecting return of their feelings, but they were keeping try to do so, to prove their love to those they love and then probably get some clear answer. Hinata was able to show herself to Naruto and making him realize, that she is the one he needs and always needed. Obito was the only one ready to go and rescue Rin, while Kakashi said, that they should abanbon her and keep doing their mission - in time Obito could probably do the same as Hinata did, prove that his feelings are worth of been noticed and eventually accepted, because he is ready to give Rin, what others couldn't. But now, how he can accomplish any of these things, if Rin is dead? He wasn't given a good amount of time to live beside Rin as Hinata was given to live beside Naruto.

I don't think, that Hinata would also be able to live peacefully in a world, where her loved one is dead.

In all this mess there is a lot of "if", "if only" or "what if". We can't predict, how would certain character react if he lived through same hell as Obito did. As well as we can't be sure, if Rin would return Obito's feelings or not - she could accept the fact, that Kakashi has no such feelings for her and move on, just like Naruto did by accpeting Sakura's love for Sasuke.

In the end, all I have said above could just has no point at all.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 am

engetsu wrote:

Spoiler:

I would be more understanding of Obito's love if it was even returned by Rin, which is was not! She never thought of Obito that way and they were never a couple. They never had a first date, kiss, etc...nothing.

When she gave her life to protect Konoha, she made the ultimate sacrifice because she knew it was her duty. Instead of honoring Rin's sacrifice and protecting what she died to protect, he would destroy Konoha and it's people out of some delusions of grandeur.

From what we understand Rin and Obito have nothing in common, Obito is trampling over the legacy Rin left behind, trying to make her sacrifice useless.

And she never even thought of Obito that way, Obito might think this is for Rin, but what he's doing would, again, mortify her, because her death would have been for nothing in the end. The story is more disturbing than anything to me.

I mean, compare it to Hinata, who feels the same way for Naruto, she was ready to die for Naruto and what Naruto was trying to protect. Hinata made sure they were fighting for the same thing because she wanted to be closer to Naruto in whatever way she could. If Naruto were to die, she wouldn't stop believing the things he stood for, she would honor what his life meant.

I agree on what engetsu has written. On one hand, there is Hinata's love which was shown to be a selfless one. On the other hand there is Obito's love which transformed into an obsession which did not match anymore with Rin's ideals. He became selfish just because he could not take Rin's death anymore. Hinata = selflessness love / Obito = obsessive selfish "love". That's the lesson I've learnt from these 2 examples.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:03 am

GreatKungLao wrote:engetsu, Obito's love for Rin is similar to Hinata's for Naruto in some way. I don't think, that both were expecting return of their feelings, but they were keeping try to do so, to prove their love to those they love and then probably get some clear answer. Hinata was able to show herself to Naruto and making him realize, that she is the one he needs and always needed. Obito was the only one ready to go and rescue Rin, while Kakashi said, that they should abanbon her and keep doing their mission - in time Obito could probably do the same as Hinata did, prove that his feelings are worth of been noticed and eventually accepted, because he is ready to give Rin, what others couldn't. But now, how he can accomplish any of these things, if Rin is dead? He wasn't given a good amount of time to live beside Rin as Hinata was given to live beside Naruto.

I don't think, that Hinata would also be able to live peacefully in a world, where her loved one is dead.

In all this mess there is a lot of "if", "if only" or "what if". We can't predict, how would certain character react if he lived through same hell as Obito did. As well as we can't be sure, if Rin would return Obito's feelings or not - she could accept the fact, that Kakashi has no such feelings for her and move on, just like Naruto did by accpeting Sakura's love for Sasuke.

In the end, all I have said above could just has no point at all.

I get what you're trying to say, GreatKungLao, you empathize with Obito more than I, that's all. That's the thing about Naruto, people can see the exact same things and come to very different conclusions about the characters and their actions and what they deserve in the end.

It's just to me, Obito has one more thing to do in the manga, and that's to at least partially redeem himself, I remember bringing this up in another thread, but Obito isn't a pure evil bad guy, that much is clear, it's just that I don't chose to give him any of my sympathy, but I do understand what Kishi is trying to do with him. He will somehow redeem himself to some extent, and it will probably be in Rin's name.

And if you've been a Tobi fan from the get go, then I really understand, some people have been hardcore fans of his before even knowing who he really was.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:09 am

Irielo wrote:
engetsu wrote:

Spoiler:

I agree on what engetsu has written. On one hand, there is Hinata's love which was shown to be a selfless one. On the other hand there is Obito's love which transformed into an obsession which did not match anymore with Rin's ideals. He became selfish just because he could not take Rin's death anymore. Hinata = selflessness love /  Obito = obsessive selfish "love". That's the lesson I've learnt from these 2 examples.

Chapter 640 Discussion and 641 Predictions Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1RHevpfwr7wcJph-6SOsDi2NggmEnHLqJPj9ozgJcDETulpno
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:17 am

engetsu wrote:And if you've been a Tobi fan from the get go, then I really understand, some people have been hardcore fans of his before even knowing who he really was.
Yeah, I really like masked villains. It gives them so much mystery and food for brains to try and guess, who is there behind that awesome mask. And when revelation is finally coming you become like "Wow!". "Wow!" effect is very strong with masked villains (and even heroes, whose true indentity you don't know as well until the mask been took off).

In the end, I don't think that Obito's actions are good or that I would be happy for him if he wins. I just think that he is actually a great villain with a decent motive. I'm tired of boring things, when villain want to do this and that for power, money, world's conquest and other not interesting and general reasons. But when it's because of lost love - this is something interesting, because not every writer is ready to show, that such good and pure feeling as love could lead a person to madness. I like Obito as a villain, but I don't like what he is doing now and already did, because it goes against my personal moral kodex. My sympathy goes to his reason, not it's consequences, that came after.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next