Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant about Hinata's Confession

+12
kagome1991
Alasteir
Graeystone
Aelita
SoulFire
NekoKimio
Batokusanagi
Yamasaki Akaiko
Darkhope
itachi75
Mustang
Twin Steps
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rant about Hinata's Confession Empty Rant about Hinata's Confession

Post by Twin Steps Sat May 18, 2013 6:15 am

There have always been plenty of Anti-NaruHina arguments of why Naruto never responded, or at least thanked Hinata, for what She did for him during the Pain Arc, and would use this fact to say Naruto didn't care for Hinata.

Now, aside from the fact that that assumption is completely absurd, as I've already stated in a previous thread how Naruto's anger and transformation into the ninetails was because of Hinata & Hinata only. A lot of Anti-NH fans say that Naruto's anger was "building up" and that Hinata was the "final straw". The problem with this is that it is one huge assumption and goes against what the manga has said.

Rant about Hinata's Confession Naruto-1293108

Naruto says it was Hinata that triggered the Nine tails power, he says seeing her hurt like that made him angry, so much so that he willingly let Kurama take over, himself not knowing what to do at that moment. There is no mention of kakashi, the village, no one else. This isn't real life, it's a fictional story. In real life, assuming Naruto's anger was building up would be a fair assumption, but here, where Naruto states Hinata as the only reason to why he released the Kyuubi, this must be taken as it is said, no assumptions should be made. Why? Simply because if Kishi wanted, he could have mentioned the likes of the village's destruction & Kakashi's death as also being factors to why Naruto went angry along with Hinata being hurt. But no such thing was ever said.

Now, I seriously got off topic, but I seriously needed to get that off my chest.
Anyways, going back to the original topic, I have reason to believe that Naruto did in fact talk or meet with Hinata after her confession & before he left Konoha.

Take a look at Chapter 540, where we have Sakura thinking of Sasuke.

Rant about Hinata's Confession Naruto-2347827

The background for Sasuke is nothing but a wall of flames. Now, unless Sasuke & Sakura had been to hell at some point in part II together, it's safe to say this isn't a flashback of Sasuke, but more like an image.

Rant about Hinata's Confession Naruto-2347835

With Hinata, however, we have a different story. Unlike Sakura, Hinata's thoughts of Naruto are given two panels rather than one. The first panel depicts Naruto with a sort of blank expression on his face, and the second panel shows him with a big grin.
Another difference from Sakura's thoughts about Sasuke is that Hinata's is almost 100% likely to be a flashback. Notice the background? What exactly is it? It looks like building under construction. Have we ever seen these two Naruto panels before? No we have not. What exactly is Naruto reacting to in those images? Hinata perhaps? I think I'm right in assuming that these two images are a hint that Naruto did indeed Meet/speak with Hinata after her confession.

His face looks kind of confused at first, not knowing exactly what to say to Hinata after he knows she loves him. But then he quickly decides to act like his normal self and smiles at her.

I mean, just stop to think about it. Naruto's been alone his whole damn life. Up until he was 13 (where Iuruka came into his life) all he ever heard from people was one insult after another. Idiot, failure,dumbass, demon, monster, trash, dirt, it just kept going.

No love, only hate. Even with Iuruka & Team 7 there, would that really help fill the hole his parents left? No, it simply doesn't work like that. Kushina & Minato would have told him "I love you, Naruto" hundreds of times. Most people, because they have both/one parent who always tells them that they love them, they will just shrug it off and say "I love you too" with out really giving it much thought.

Naruto's never had that. Ever. Why would he ever just ignore the first "I love you" he's ever heard being addressed to him?

All this, plus the fact that Naruto seriously isn't the kind of person to just leave something huge like that hanging, leads me to believe that they did have a meeting some time after the village was rid of Pain.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Rant about Hinata's Confession Empty Re: Rant about Hinata's Confession

Post by Mustang Sat May 18, 2013 10:11 am

Never really thought much of Hinata's flashback, but when you mention it, so it is safe to Assume that we have no idea what happened off screen, maybe a development we haven't seen, only time will tell. It could debunk a lot of claims if we find out what happened off scene as well
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi75 Sat May 18, 2013 10:59 am

5,000 star thread once again twinsteps :)
itachi75

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkhope Sat May 18, 2013 11:06 am

I pretty much agree. Naruto's lack of response is either because he's still figuring out his feelings or he already spoke to her off screen (due to the possible 540 flashback).

As for the "final straw" crapola that antis spout, it's incorrect. Naruto literally states it's because of Hinata that he transformed. Literally.

Naruto: I made a vow to never use the Kyuubi's power again (...) But when I saw Pain attack Hinata (...) ETC.

There's no "final straw". He saw the girl that confessed love to him get struck down, and raged.
Darkhope
Darkhope

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sat May 18, 2013 11:23 am

Well I never finished what I was saying for a couple of reasons, one I am completely tired from staying up all night putting the finishing touches on my Uni assignment and two I am completely spent from staying up all night. so here is my thoughts on the entire confession as it stands.

The flashback I completely overlooked, that is something I will admit myself, but the reason for that is because I rushed through the series only reading the words in the speech bubble, but now since I have a more critical mindset I now take my time to read every page, something I doubt antis will always do in order to skip passed the things they don't want to see, they even say Hinata has had no development, and I say she has had more development than Sakura as a character that is.

opps off topic, better keep with the topic at hand.

What I have noticed with Hinata's confession it hasn't been ignored, why address so quickly? another thing I have noticed is that we haven't seen a direct reply, more of an indirect reply, this in turn shows that Naruto 1. hasn't forgotten the confession, 2. will address it in the not too distant future and 3. might have already said something to Hinata off scene, either favourably or as Darkhope had pointed out he was trying to figure out his feelings and where they rest.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat May 18, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm one of those who do not think they spoke since the confession in a one-on-one setting (which is the only time it could possibly come up). I've always felt that flashback of Hinata's was for showing that the two have hung out in Part 2 as friends (which is something the RtN one-shot somewhat tried to show: Naruto does occasionally hang out with the members of Team 8 & Team Gai; Naruto seeing Team 10 had already been shown in Part 2).

I have never considered it a big deal concerning the "thanking" because there are so many instances where Naruto has not said "thank you" within the course of the manga--and in each of those instances it was due to the fact that the battle wasn't over & it was never brought up again. Hinata's confession occurred during a moment where it wasn't possible to thank her at the moment it happened.

Considering Naruto never considered Hinata in a romantic light before, I've always felt that he's been thinking about it. I don't think when Naruto was lamenting to Sakura about Tsunade being in a coma so he couldn't talk to someone about stuff was just about learning who his father was or about a "masked man." I think the first time Naruto got to talk about it (without talking about it) was when he spoke to his mother and asked her about how she fell in love.

I never understood the "Naruto has forgotten the confession" idea (whether said by antis or fans). Naruto is the one who keeps mentioning the events of chapter 437 in some way.

Besides, chapter 615 was a lot more satisfying in part due to the fact that the "suspense" still exists to some degree. I also think it means a lot more to show that Naruto has thought about it and chose Hinata than to have him immediately chose Hinata just because she had confessed--which is the way it would've appeared if things progressed a little too quickly right after 437.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sat May 18, 2013 2:05 pm

You know Yamasaki, I was about to say something about Kushina, but I decided not to since this isn't a Kushina thread, I was going to suggest the same thing you are implying. but I will take it to another level, when he asked his mother about how she fell in love with Minato it was like Naruto was trying to find out something about falling in love, asking his mother was like seeing how much he grew up from the days he was being a little shit to now finding out more as well is getting a new insight.

What this means in the Kushina debate is that when he asked his mother that question it was really playing into NaruHina's favour and that the confession is still fresh in his mind. I still claim he has replied indirectly because we really haven't seen a direct reply to Hinata's confession.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Sat May 18, 2013 2:42 pm

We don’t see every single moment of the characters.

We didn’t see Sasuke and Karin meet in the forest of death.
We didn’t see Naruto and Sai talk about Naruto feelings.
We didn’t see Sakura talk to the other rookies about who to bring to Iron country.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sat May 18, 2013 3:07 pm

The confession wasn't meant to be addressed directly straight away, it was more designed to be thought of before the return of Hinata's confession, I watched Naruto meeting his father and we get a flashback of Hinata's intervention which shows Hinata's confession has had an immediate effect on Naruto.

Well that was stating the obvious, because she was the trigger for six tails then to eight tails and almost getting to nine tails which also shows how much of an impact the confession had on Naruto we can see it when he was talking about why he transformed, then remembered it with the it's in your eyes moment.

I think Naruto will reply directly to Hinata's confession, but we just need to be patient with it, it's really only a matter of time before he tells Hinata, because it is obvious that he is starting to fall in love with Hinata (but only starting to at the moment,) there is still more that needs to be done.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Sat May 18, 2013 3:28 pm

I don't know. I prefer to think that happened sometime before Pein attacked the village because if they did meet after at some time after the confession you'd expect one of these scenarios to have happened:
1-Naruto said yes and NH was canon a long time ago (a good troll by Kishi). But even though they interactions have pointed that it's more than likely that NH is gonna happen, they don't look like they're already a couple.
2-Naruto said no. Then I'd imagine their interactions would be kinda awkward with maybe Hinata still remembering the rejection, but that hasn't happened.
3-Naruto said that he'll answer later (first time he's confessed to, would make sense). This the only one I see fitting (kinda) with current events, but still...

Last edited by Batokusanagi on Sun May 19, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Sun May 19, 2013 4:29 am

Oh Twin Steps, you amaze me.
This really made me think and makes a lot of sense. Maybe we'll get a flashback sooner or later of the two. one can hope
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Sun May 19, 2013 6:47 am

I'm not really saying Naruto must have addressed the confession, I'm just saying he met with her/hung out with her at some point after it.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulFire Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 am

I would not be surprised if Naruto and Hinata ran into each other before he left for Turtle Island--possibly as he was leaving the new Ichiraku where he had stomped off to ease his troubles with a bowl of ramen after the rookie confrontation.

Hinata's visions of Naruto certainly seem to be a sequenced memory, with Naruto looking fairly pensive at first and then appearing at ease, as though something unseen occurred between the two. Let's say that a meeting did occur: Was the confession addressed? Perhaps, but I doubt that Naruto made any declarations of love, as he was still all up in the air regarding his feelings.

More likely, Hinata put him at ease about the need to return her love and he thanked her for what she had done (maybe even making some offhanded suggestion for a date after the world settled down). Most importantly, he did not reject her, which started her seriously thinking that she just may have a chance with him in the future from that point.
SoulFire
SoulFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Sun May 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Twin Steps wrote:I'm not really saying Naruto must have addressed the confession, I'm just saying he met with her/hung out with her at some point after it.
If they had met, I think the confession would've been addressed. Right now, there's the war going on so there's really no time for romance, but back then: what was the excuse for not addressing it? I'm not saying that Naruto had to have said he loves her too, but if they actually hung out or at least talked a little bit, I don't see how they could have avoided the topic or even why would they. I mean Hinata jumping in to save Naruto, impacted him a lot and so did the confession. Surely Naruto would like to know more about that.
Also, it's not even that necessary for NH. Certainly Naruto hasn't directly responded to Hinata's feelings, but actions speak louder than words.
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun May 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Batokusanagi wrote:
Twin Steps wrote:I'm not really saying Naruto must have addressed the confession, I'm just saying he met with her/hung out with her at some point after it.
If they had met, I think the confession would've been addressed. Right now, there's the war going on so there's really no time for romance, but back then: what was the excuse for not addressing it? I'm not saying that Naruto had to have said he loves her too, but if they actually hung out or at least talked a little bit, I don't see how they could have avoided the topic or even why would they. I mean Hinata jumping in to save Naruto, impacted him a lot and so did the confession. Surely Naruto would like to know more about that.
Also, it's not even that necessary for NH. Certainly Naruto hasn't directly responded to Hinata's feelings, but actions speak louder than words.

At the moment yes he hasn't said anything directly, but the confession did have an impact on him, but he has acknowledged it indirectly by thinking about it a few times and even taking her hand after he fine speech., to address it now would be out of place and what I would consider bad timing. the timing and the placement needs to be right for Naruto to address it.

I would say either back in the village, either on top of the hokage monument or near Naruto's old training ground where the Proud Failure moment took place, I would like I to be where the Proud Failure moment took place, to me that would have more meaning.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Sun May 19, 2013 6:35 pm

51-mustang wrote:At the moment yes he hasn't said anything directly, but the confession did have an impact on him, but he has acknowledged it indirectly by thinking about it a few times and even taking her hand after he fine speech., to address it now would be out of place and what I would consider bad timing. the timing and the placement needs to be right for Naruto to address it.

I would say either back in the village, either on top of the hokage monument or near Naruto's old training ground where the Proud Failure moment took place, I would like I to be where the Proud Failure moment took place, to me that would have more meaning.
I agree, addressing it now would be -or could be seen depending on how it's done- bad timing. But as I said, back then there was no excuse for it not being addressed (regardless of if Naruto felt the same way about her, didn't or wanted time to think about it) if as Twin Steps suggests, they hung out at some point in time after the confession.

Last edited by Batokusanagi on Sun May 19, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun May 19, 2013 6:49 pm

^Yeah he has been thinking about it a lot. which means he will address it, it's only a matter of time before he does, he could address it in chapter 637.

but as you and Twin Step have both pointed out, the flashback is something interesting, it is obvious that Naruto and Hinata did have sometime together, whether to address the confession or not is the question.

Maybe it was to see Naruto off before he went to the island, maybe that moment is where Naruto would make a promise to Hinata or something along that line.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Oops. I meant *for it not being addressed* Rant about Hinata's Confession 2801306734

51-mustang wrote:^Yeah he has been thinking about it a lot. which means he will address it, it's only a matter of time before he does, he could address it in chapter 637.

but as you and Twin Step have both pointed out, the flashback is something interesting, it is obvious that Naruto and Hinata did have sometime together, whether to address the confession or not is the question.

Maybe it was to see Naruto off before he went to the island, maybe that moment is where Naruto would make a promise to Hinata or something along that line.
That's the point I'm trying to make. It couldn't have happened after the confession because it would've definitely been addressed. I just don't they just greeted each other and went their separates ways or hung out while for whatever reason ignoring the issue. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Last edited by Batokusanagi on Mon May 20, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Either way I do see Hinata's confession will be addressed directly but I don't think it will be until after the Juubi Arc or nearing the end of the Arc. all we do know is that Hinata's confession hasn't been ignored, it has been on Naruto mind on more than one occasion so we do know that he will say something to Hinata it's only just a matter of time.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulFire Sun May 19, 2013 11:47 pm

As I said above, Naruto and Hinata may have met and touched on the confession without coming to any conclusions at the time. Hinata would certainly not press Naruto to give her an answer, as she never sought one, and he would be in need of more time to sort out his feelings. Inf fact, if they did meet, I suspect that Hinata may have sought him out because she was concerned about his reaction to the rookie decision.

I have a feeling that romantic resolutions are going to happen on the battlefield. I'm really expecting a NH kiss to seal the deal, which could happen in the victory celebration of the final villain's defeat.
SoulFire
SoulFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 am

I am more so hoping that I don't see anything until after this arc, but knowing Kishi he will throw it in when we least expect it. but I also remember Hinata making a promise to herself that she would be walking with Naruto holding his hand after the war. So it's safe to assume that she will make her move after this war is settled.

I agree with you Soulfire, there are many ways that flashback could have gone, so we can only guess at the moment.

Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 am

I can see why Kishi would put off Naruto addressing the confession, as a sort of plot device.

Hear me out, if Naruto had responded to Hinata's confession right away, anything but rejection would have been unrealistic because there's no such thing as instant love. By putting off the response Kishi allows Naruto to develop feelings for Hinata on his own.

Another reason is the fact that Hinata wasn't looking for Naruto to respond to her confession or to even return her feelings when she confessed. She fully expected to die protecting Naruto and used the confession as a way of genuinely explaining her actions. Because of this, after Naruto defeated Pain she was satisfied with watching Naruto being treated as the Village Hero and slipping back into the background.

I am still open to the idea that they had met up sometime before Naruto left to Turtle island with Bee. In the war chapters I couldn't help but notice how much bolder Hinata had became when thinking of Naruto (Hinata vowing to directly pursue Naruto romantically after the war? Pretty bold for our Hinata). Plus something felt funny between them during that "its in your eyes" moment in 559. A previous meet up between them could be the explanation behind this. Hinata's thoughts of Naruto possibly being a flashback also supports this.
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 am

^We have similar reasoning though I can reason it out as something other than a plot device (though I do admit that's part of the reason it hasn't been addressed).

I have never been bothered by the idea of a "lack of response" because Hinata never did confess to get a response. In fact, Hinata does not confess in chapter 437 at all if Naruto doesn't keep asking her why she won't leave (first, why she wouldn't leave when she has no shot at winning; then when he knew that she knew she didn't have much of a chance, still why wouldn't she leave). If Naruto had actually ignored Hinata's presence (by not asking her questions), Hinata wouldn't have confessed because her attention was solely on Pain. She never looked at Naruto once (unless saying she could see him because of the Byakugan when she finally turned it on) and she definitely wasn't planning on talking to him--just doing her best to take on Pain.

I also understand Naruto not responding because there's no way he'd know what to say about it all--and Naruto is not the same completely insensitive kid he was when we first met him in chapter 1. I also found something that Naruto said in response to Sakura's confession important: "I hate people who lie to themselves." Naruto needs to get his feelings in order first and be sure of what he feels before he responds. Since Hinata isn't who he felt he was in love with for years, he can't answer immediately (especially when he's known for years that the girl he has thought he was in love with he cannot have). It wouldn't be fair to just get with Hinata because she loves him so there's some thinking that needs to happen.

That's why I'm of the opinion that it hasn't been touched on at all, especially considering Hinata was so down with herself in chapter 559 until Naruto spoke with her. I'm sure Hinata felt that she didn't do much in chapter 437 while obviously Naruto thinks the world of what she did. If they even remotely discussed the situation, I think Hinata would've known at least that much even if they didn't resolve the "confession" part itself.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone Thu May 30, 2013 11:45 am

SoulFire wrote:As I said above, Naruto and Hinata may have met and touched on the confession without coming to any conclusions at the time. Hinata would certainly not press Naruto to give her an answer, as she never sought one, and he would be in need of more time to sort out his feelings. Inf fact, if they did meet, I suspect that Hinata may have sought him out because she was concerned about his reaction to the rookie decision.

I have a feeling that romantic resolutions are going to happen on the battlefield. I'm really expecting a NH kiss to seal the deal, which could happen in the victory celebration of the final villain's defeat.

Hey, are you stalking me on the Internet! Rant about Hinata's Confession 2090635755
. . .
. .
Nice to see you here Soul!

Aelita - Hinata didn't go in the battle with in intent of dying. She tried to back attack Deva Pain and it would've worked if Naruto hadn't done this-

Spoiler:

Don't see it? Manga goes right to left. The first panel is Hinata's sneak attack. The second panel in sequence is Naruto directly looking at Hinata! Deva Pain/Nagato noticed the surprised look on Naruto's face and knew something up which was practically verified by Ko in the last panel. In a fight that is the most stupidest thing a person can do is give away an ally's position like that. To me that is one hell of a black mark against NaruHina. Not only does Naruto owe Hinata a thank you and answer to her confession but also an apology for doing something no trained soldier should never do.
Graeystone
Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasteir Thu May 30, 2013 7:20 pm

You can't blame Naruto for that. He didn't think anyone would come and help him. And they're hardly soldiers. Or we could just say that Pain was not foolish enough to get back attacked. For some reason I see Kakashi being able to tell an attack like that coming without anyone giving it away. And Pain > Kakashi. And realistically, her back attack wouldn't have defeated Pain so the end result would have been the same.

Either way, Hinata saved Naruto, as he himself gave her credit.
Alasteir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next