Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto's feelings

+16
Aelita
Batokusanagi
Zori
Mustang
white011
dovey
Strawberry
eagleeye4042
TinaBeanz
The Merchant
CoolChels
DerelictV
Yuri
Twin Steps
NekoKimio
Darkhope
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where do Naruto's feelings currently reside?

Naruto's feelings Vote_lcap9%Naruto's feelings Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]
Naruto's feelings Vote_lcap14%Naruto's feelings Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 14 ]
Naruto's feelings Vote_lcap74%Naruto's feelings Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 73 ]
Naruto's feelings Vote_lcap3%Naruto's feelings Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 99

Poll closed

Naruto's feelings Empty Naruto's feelings

Post by Darkhope Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:23 am

Alright, so a major part of NaruHina depends on how Naruto feels. As we know, Naruto maintained a crush on Sakura for the majority of the series. I'm going to address why this obstacle isn't a huge threat anymore.

This is a post I made on Naruto Forums.

Reasons why Naruto falling for Hinata can't be considered "fickle as Autumn skies".

Well, first of all, lets define the phrase "fickle as Autumn skies".

*"A man's heart is as changeable as the skies in autumn"
*"Fickleness of men in amorous affairs"

Source: Japanese Proverbs and Sayings

Break it down a bit more.

fick·le
/ˈfikəl/

Adjective

Changing frequently, esp. as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.

--

We first hear this statement when Sakura used it to describe her feelings when attempting to confess to Naruto. She tells him that a women's heart is as fickle as autumn skies, and that she "suddenly" switched/changed from Sasuke to Naruto. It's proven to be a lie.

The main counter against the argument that Naruto would be fickle if his feelings change from Sakura to Hinata is that Naruto hates liars, as he told Sakura in that very scene. He is honest with everyone and himself. Therefore, he won't get into a relationship with Hinata or confess to her if he isn't sure of his own feelings.

This is why NaruHina is not canon yet. It's because Naruto's side is still being developed so that the pairing is not "fickle as autumn skies". Naruto falling for Hinata at this point is realistic. Why?

- Progression of Naruto's feelings for Hinata.

He started off thinking that Hinata was a shy, dark, weirdo. It only took one arc for Naruto to change his opinion of her. She then becomes a "nice" person when she gives him medicine after his fight with Kiba. He saw how she's an incredible person when she fought Neji, gave her a blood vow, and admitted a person like her he really likes. Therefore, she's his type. Constantly thinks of her during his fight, and of course, is looking for her after he wins. It didn't take much.

We don't have Naruto's answer to Hinata's confession yet. What we do have post-confession is Naruto thinking of her safety, holding his heart, and crying knowing she and the other villagers are alright. We have him admitting Hinata was the trigger to his KN6 transformation. The author also emphasizes Naruto saving Hinata during the war the most, and has him apologize for being "late". They then proceed to have a deep conversation regarding how they both feel by looking into each others eyes.

We have Kiba, someone who has known both Naruto and Hinata since childhood, teasing Naruto about looking tough for Hinata. (Who is also an honest guy and can detect bullshit) And of course, Naruto holding Hinata's hand and thanking her for always being there for him. We know that this is not for chakra transfer because the gesture is emphasized way too much, and can be seen as romantic. (Holding hands) No, Naruto would not just hold hands with any girl like that. A bunch of high fives and quick touch of the shoulder does not even remotely compare to how Naruto held Hinata's hand, which was before he even knew of what Kurama's plan was.

- Lack of development and missed opportunities concerning Naruto's feelings for Sakura.

*Warning: This section may contain anti-NaruSaku sentiments.

Not only is Naruto -> Sakura the least show cased, but there have been multiple missed opportunities to confirm Naruto's feelings for her in current time.

Looking at chapter 457’s flashback; Even if you argue it’s not outdated due to “time”, this doesn’t take away from the fact it’s still a flashback from a very old arc. And this very flashback lead to an event that was extremely negative for the NaruSaku pairing. Kishimoto has had multiple opportunities to confirm Naruto’s feelings for Sakura again in current time. But he just doesn’t do it. He’s confirmed everyone elses’. Naruto has always been vocal about his feelings. And when concerning this flashback, take note of what happens after. Sai admits he's wrong; he knows he guilt tripped Sakura. Naruto was also underestimated and trashes that very promise that was the main key in the flashback. There is no more promise.

1. 450 hug

Sakura hugs Naruto and thanks him for saving the village. What does Naruto do? Nothing. This would have been a golden opportunity if NaruSaku was intended. Instead of hugging her back which would have probably confirmed his feelings, his arms stayed at his side. What’s more is that Hinata is there, smiling at them. She doesn’t have a look of disappointment on her face. It’s clear that Hinata wants to be with Naruto, and she’s not threatened by Sakura at all. Hyperactive Naruto that tried to steal a kiss from Sakura in part one does not even return her hug in part two when he had a great chance to do so. He could have made it clear to Hinata and everyone who he loves. Didn’t happen.

2. Sakura’s “confession” aka lie.

So the supposed girl of his dreams confesses her love for him. She’s lying, and he knows it. Of course he won’t accept being with her if it’s not sincere. That much is obvious. However, instead of Naruto reflecting on his feelings for Sakura at any point, he reflects on Sakura’s feelings for Sasuke instead. He gives no thought to his feelings for her. At any point in this arc would have a been a good opportunity to reaffirm that Naruto still liked Sakura, but it was passed up once again and instead reaffirmed that Sakura still loves Sasuke (even after all the screen time with Naruto).

3. Kushina’s words

As I said, Naruto was always very vocal when it came to his feelings for Sakura. Notice how Naruto responds to every piece of advice that his mother gives him, except the love interest one. He even reflects on Sasuke and how he’s giving him trouble. This would have a been a good moment for him to reflect on Sakura when it came to wanting a “girlfriend”. Guess what? He gives no comment. This is a red flag regarding his feelings for Sakura. You cannot deny that he always had no problem announcing the fact that he liked her. Though now it’s a different story. Naruto is honest. He’s going to be honest with himself. He was unable to answer Kushina. At this point, I think it’s pretty clear his feelings are being re-evaluated as he grows closer to Hinata. I’m not going to deny that there’s a chance he may still like Sakura. But the possibility of him moving is equal to that or in fact, stronger.

Point is, Naruto’s feelings are being kept vague. Just remember that things change after a flashback occurs. And after the Kage Summit finishes, NaruSaku has gotten nothing; which tells us that it was most likely resolved. Now, Kishimoto moves onto NaruHina, making them closer as the war arc goes on.

So in sum, the most likely thing that's happening right now is that Naruto is re-evaluating his romantic feelings. This is probably why he hasn't given Hinata an answer yet, and makes sense due to him being honest with himself. Naruto will not be with Hinata is he isn't sure of his feelings. He will not force himself to love her either. Thanking her for being by his side and holding her hand is a step in the right direction; a romantic gesture without a false confession. Moreover, his change of feelings will not be "fickle as autumn skies".

Last edited by Darkhope on Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Darkhope
Darkhope

Back to top Go down

Naruto's feelings Empty Re: Naruto's feelings

Post by NekoKimio Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 am

+rep.

I really enjoyed reading this, because it really counterattacks all arguments on how 'Naruto doesn't even acknowledge Hinata because she's a side character'. He DOES acknowledge her, and I'm pressed to say he acknowledges her more than most with recent manga chapters. We also see how Hinata has grown more 'close' or 'comfortable' with Naruto in the way she now presents herself around him She is honest with her feelings and unselfish with love, what is there to hate?

The Kushina ordeal was a big thing, in my opinion, regarding Sakura. It made it pretty obvious to me that he was reevaluating his feelings, if he had already not done so already. I believe everything Kishi puts in his manga and takes up panel time happens for a reason, and why would he have Kushina say that and Naruto's reaction be like that if it weren't or a reason? Maybe I'm just looking into it, but I don't think it's just by chance or to take up precious panel time.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 am

Naruto's feelings H237385EF

I remember reading this else where......
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkhope Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:02 am

NekoKimio wrote:+rep.

I really enjoyed reading this, because it really counterattacks all arguments on how 'Naruto doesn't even acknowledge Hinata because she's a side character'. He DOES acknowledge her, and I'm pressed to say he acknowledges her more than most with recent manga chapters. We also see how Hinata has grown more 'close' or 'comfortable' with Naruto in the way she now presents herself around him She is honest with her feelings and unselfish with love, what is there to hate?

The Kushina ordeal was a big thing, in my opinion, regarding Sakura. It made it pretty obvious to me that he was reevaluating his feelings, if he had already not done so already. I believe everything Kishi puts in his manga and takes up panel time happens for a reason, and why would he have Kushina say that and Naruto's reaction be like that if it weren't or a reason? Maybe I'm just looking into it, but I don't think it's just by chance or to take up precious panel time.

Thanks!

That's right. Hinata isn't shy anymore. She doesn't stutter. If we were back in part one and I was told Hinata would eventually SLAP Naruto I would have never believed it. But she has come a long way. I'm proud of her and her development.

And exactly - Naruto reflects specifically on Sasuke regarding his friends... why not on Sakura regarding a "girlfriend"? Because he's unable to answer Kushina. If Naruto is FOR SURE in love with Sakura, he would have thought of her or made some reference to her. But he didn't. Speaking of other things Kishi throws in, he also had Kurama tease Naruto about never kissing a girl. I dunno, that seems like a foreshadow to me. :P

Twin Steps wrote:Naruto's feelings H237385EF

I remember reading this else where......

I've posted it other places before. So that makes sense!
Darkhope
Darkhope

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am

Great, I loved reading this analysis. I will have to add some of these points to my own NaruHina analysis.

+rep
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkhope Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 am

Thank you! ^_^ I'm going to read your analysis. NaruHina has always been there, after all.
Darkhope
Darkhope

Back to top Go down

Post by DerelictV Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 am

Yes! I came across this before, during my epic searches for pronh arguments Naruto's feelings 195309866

Praise!
DerelictV
DerelictV

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Well said and they have both been hinted at as a couple for a long time now.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Naruto's feelings 2602411-ite1
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by DerelictV Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Twin Steps wrote:Naruto's feelings 2602411-ite1

*chokes on spit*
DerelictV
DerelictV

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:16 pm

DYING.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merchant Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 pm

I really can't stand it when I read someone claim that a pairing has had "600+ chapters of development." It implies that every single chapter has done something to advance the pairing, as if this were a romance story instead of an action series... The vast majority of the chapters for this story didn't serve to develop any pairing.
The Merchant
The Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:29 am

Panel time =/= Romatic Development....

.....Because THIS isn't romance.

Naruto's feelings Naruto-sakura-punch
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:32 am

Twin Steps wrote:Panel time =/= Romatic Development....

According to them it IS romance since, again, according to them Sakura is a Tsundere :P

Btw, your sig is too big, put one of the two images in spoilers please ^^
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by TinaBeanz Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:37 am

+rep

I love reading naruhina analysis. Always gives me all kinds of feels. And I never get sick of them either. Good job!
TinaBeanz
TinaBeanz

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am

Twin Steps wrote:Panel time =/= Romatic Development....

I hate when people try to say Sakura is a tsundere. I really do. It's so obvious she's not because she's actually sweet to people she has romantic feelings for, we saw that in part 1. So I really don't see where the argument is coming from at all.

NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:06 am

Aaah........ I remember back in the good ol' days when Naruhina was mostly fillers and NS claimed it was manga only.

Good times ......very good times indeed.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by eagleeye4042 Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:46 pm

well what it comes down to is that hinata is exactly naruto's type. early in part 1, naruto states that he realized how and why he liked sakura, and it wasnt because she was pretty, but because she reminded him of himself, someone who was looking to be acknowledged. sakura wanted mostly to be acknowledged by sasuke, but we can also apply this a little bit to her peers because at a point in time she was unpopular.

if we equate this back to hinata, it forms a chain. sakura wants to be acknowledged by sasuke. naruto wants to be acknowledged by sakura and his village. hinata wants to be acknowledged by naruto and her clan (and also her peers). but when you add it up, if naruto can fall for sakura because of this reason, then hinata is more than qualified to fit this role as well.

at first naruto had no idea hinata was like this, but as the series progressed, there were key moments that began to open his eyes to hinata's nature.

the first was probably hinata's fight with neji. this is where he learned that she had the same nindo as him, and that all her life she was looked at as a failure, who worked hard to be recognized by her father, the rest of her clan and wanted to prove herself and get stronger. after the fight was over and neji trash talked her, it sent naruto over the edge and thats what caused him to make the blood vow to defeat him in her place.

second was probably when hinata cheered him up before his fight with neji. she reminded him what his strengths were, and that even if he may be weak, persistence could equate to true strength. this naturally applied to both of them, but it gives naruto confidence, and changes his views again on hinata. he even says that she is the kind of person he likes (though he probably didnt mean it in a romantic manner, more so character wise)

third is when hinata jumps in to defend naruto from pain. during her confession, she hits all the points that resonate directly with naruto's heart. she tells him that she always used to cry and give up, that she nearly went the wrong way, that naruto showed her the right way, that she was always chasing him, wanting to talk with him, wanting to overtake him and be with him, and that she loved him. this is important because it exactly mirrors naruto's emotions in the past, being alienated by his village, how he thought about turning down a darker path (something he always reflects upon when thinking about sasuke), and how he always wanted to catch up with and be with the ones he admired (catching up to sasuke, and hanging out with sakura). then the final nail in the coffin was that hinata was the first person to ever tell naruto that they loved him. he obviously knew jiraiya cared for him, and the same goes for iruka, but romantically speaking, it was the first time anyone was interested in the kid who everyone hated and had to save his village for people to start acknowledging him, and even more importantly, she loved him since the beginning, not after he proved himself. this is a huge wake up call to naruto, and you can tel by the shock on his face, and how he was seething with anger when pain almost killed her, enough so that he instantly went into six tails. previously, when concerning sasuke, i believe he started in three tails then went to four. and during the fight he went all the way to nine tails which tells you something.

besides that, there are minor things that happen during the war, basically to affirm that sakura does not romantically love naruto, that he knows she does not love him, and that naruto has opened up to the idea of loving hinata, even if he has not directly stated it. the eye to eye understanding they share of one another is proof, as well as the almost indirect confession (you can call it that because naruto indicates how important hinata has been to him and his success) naruto gives when neji dies and he realizes that his parents gaves their lives for him without hesitation, as hinata tried to do, as neji did, and as well, those who have protected him over the years. he told hinata that it was because she was by his side from the beginning, from the chunin test, to the encouragement before fighting neji, to trying to save him from pain, to protecting his emotions and ideals during the war, that he was able to succeed. he put hinata in the same group as his PARENTS! come on people, we know what he thinks of his mom and dad. then he held her hand, gave hinata his chakra first, and told her lets go. its simple really

so if there is any doubt left that naruto hasnt shown concrete signs of valuing hinata, just wait until minato shows up on the war front, i expect some gf jokes to pop up either during or after everyone is defeated and hinata blushing from them lol otherwise just wait until the end of the series because we all know kishi has simply been drawing this out, naruto's "direct" silence is the only thing that has been keeping this pairing war semi alive, even if sakura has already smashed it to pieces and sasuke is almost completely redeemed. just a matter of time folks, have patience
eagleeye4042
eagleeye4042

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 pm

NaruSaku: Kishi can't kill all this NaruSaku development in one chapter!!! Naruto's feelings 2079757843

Forgets ----> Hinata offering help to Naruto during Chunnin Written Exams
Hinata thinking of Naruto's struggles during Naruto VS Kiba
Naruto encouraging Hinata during th Neji VS Hinata battle
Hinata's Proud Failure Speech to Naruto
Naruto's sole reason to fight Neji was because of Hinata.
Hinata's Confession & Sacrifice before fighting Pain.
Naruto going apeshit at Hinata's "death".
Naruto Crying and holding his hand over his heart when he finds out Hinata is alive,
Hinata crying when she finds out Naruto isn't dead.
Hinata's smile at Naruto's return from his battle with Pain.
Naruto saving Hinata and getting an entire scene with her, unlike Sakura
Hinata's monologue and resolve when heading to Naruto's location..
Kiba Teasing Naruto about Hinata when they arrive on the battlefield
Neji's final words to Naruto about Hinata before dieing.
Naruto holding onto Hinata's hand before he slowly pulls if off his face.
Hinata fixing Naruto's shoulder as he attacks Obito.

Yep, all this in one chapter. Naruto's feelings 2745595388
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:24 pm

^These posts have put me in the NH lovin' mood. So, I'm gonna go read some of the fanfic recommendations on here. Naruto's feelings 195309866
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Loved this thread. Very well put together. It has always bothered me how NarSak fans claim us NaruHina fans "don't care about Naruto's feelings". Don't they realize how much Sakura has hurt him? And I'm not talking about the punches, I'm talking about her ignoring his feelings for her, her putting one hell of a burden in him, her lying to him and her trying to manipulate him. Like I read once somewhere (don't remember exactly where), there is a difference between giving up, and growing up.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by eagleeye4042 Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Strawberry wrote:there is a difference between giving up, and growing up.

that line is golden, im gonna have to use that now lmao
eagleeye4042
eagleeye4042

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:23 pm

eagleeye4042 wrote:well what it comes down to is that hinata is exactly naruto's type. early in part 1, naruto states that he realized how and why he liked sakura, and it wasnt because she was pretty, but because she reminded him of himself, someone who was looking to be acknowledged. sakura wanted mostly to be acknowledged by sasuke, but we can also apply this a little bit to her peers because at a point in time she was unpopular.

if we equate this back to hinata, it forms a chain. sakura wants to be acknowledged by sasuke. naruto wants to be acknowledged by sakura and his village. hinata wants to be acknowledged by naruto and her clan (and also her peers). but when you add it up, if naruto can fall for sakura because of this reason, then hinata is more than qualified to fit this role as well.

at first naruto had no idea hinata was like this, but as the series progressed, there were key moments that began to open his eyes to hinata's nature.

the first was probably hinata's fight with neji. this is where he learned that she had the same nindo as him, and that all her life she was looked at as a failure, who worked hard to be recognized by her father, the rest of her clan and wanted to prove herself and get stronger. after the fight was over and neji trash talked her, it sent naruto over the edge and thats what caused him to make the blood vow to defeat him in her place.

second was probably when hinata cheered him up before his fight with neji. she reminded him what his strengths were, and that even if he may be weak, persistence could equate to true strength. this naturally applied to both of them, but it gives naruto confidence, and changes his views again on hinata. he even says that she is the kind of person he likes (though he probably didnt mean it in a romantic manner, more so character wise)

third is when hinata jumps in to defend naruto from pain. during her confession, she hits all the points that resonate directly with naruto's heart. she tells him that she always used to cry and give up, that she nearly went the wrong way, that naruto showed her the right way, that she was always chasing him, wanting to talk with him, wanting to overtake him and be with him, and that she loved him. this is important because it exactly mirrors naruto's emotions in the past, being alienated by his village, how he thought about turning down a darker path (something he always reflects upon when thinking about sasuke), and how he always wanted to catch up with and be with the ones he admired (catching up to sasuke, and hanging out with sakura). then the final nail in the coffin was that hinata was the first person to ever tell naruto that they loved him. he obviously knew jiraiya cared for him, and the same goes for iruka, but romantically speaking, it was the first time anyone was interested in the kid who everyone hated and had to save his village for people to start acknowledging him, and even more importantly, she loved him since the beginning, not after he proved himself. this is a huge wake up call to naruto, and you can tel by the shock on his face, and how he was seething with anger when pain almost killed her, enough so that he instantly went into six tails. previously, when concerning sasuke, i believe he started in three tails then went to four. and during the fight he went all the way to nine tails which tells you something.

besides that, there are minor things that happen during the war, basically to affirm that sakura does not romantically love naruto, that he knows she does not love him, and that naruto has opened up to the idea of loving hinata, even if he has not directly stated it. the eye to eye understanding they share of one another is proof, as well as the almost indirect confession (you can call it that because naruto indicates how important hinata has been to him and his success) naruto gives when neji dies and he realizes that his parents gaves their lives for him without hesitation, as hinata tried to do, as neji did, and as well, those who have protected him over the years. he told hinata that it was because she was by his side from the beginning, from the chunin test, to the encouragement before fighting neji, to trying to save him from pain, to protecting his emotions and ideals during the war, that he was able to succeed. he put hinata in the same group as his PARENTS! come on people, we know what he thinks of his mom and dad. then he held her hand, gave hinata his chakra first, and told her lets go. its simple really

so if there is any doubt left that naruto hasnt shown concrete signs of valuing hinata, just wait until minato shows up on the war front, i expect some gf jokes to pop up either during or after everyone is defeated and hinata blushing from them lol otherwise just wait until the end of the series because we all know kishi has simply been drawing this out, naruto's "direct" silence is the only thing that has been keeping this pairing war semi alive, even if sakura has already smashed it to pieces and sasuke is almost completely redeemed. just a matter of time folks, have patience

Perfect post
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:26 pm

@Everyone

Wow, guys. I love you all. Naruto's feelings 195309866

@Eagleeye4042:
Awesome. +rep

@Strawberry
Great quote. It fits perfectly. +rep

Feelings... I never understood why NS claims Sarkura's feelings can change for Naruto, but Naruto's feelings for Sakura cannot.
dovey
dovey

Back to top Go down

Post by white011 Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Hello everyone i am new in this forum for me naruto now have a feelings to hinata however naruto is really busy saving many people because of the war.
white011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next