Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts about Sakura

+7
bricksquad88
Enochian
Yamasaki Akaiko
Taushishi17
Bubbles
racefan1992
Irielo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thoughts about Sakura Empty Thoughts about Sakura

Post by Irielo Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:26 am

Although I did not like some of her behaviors in Part 1, I can say that Sakura developed pretty well despite everything which can be stated against her character. As far as I know, she does not belong to one of the famous clan of Konoha like the Senju, Uchiha or Hyuuga but she reached a quite high level as a Shinobi. She is a skillful medic and has a strong fist. She worked hard to reach Tsunade's level, without being a Senju herself, therefore without having the advantages given by genes.

Regarding the romantic aspect, Sakura has shown that she was/is able to make a fool of herself by hiding the truth and lying when it comes to Sasuke. That's how came the fakefession. Although she might not know on which side Sasuke stands, she still keeps faith in love no matter what.

Sakura is one of the main character. Her qualities and flaws will be therefore easier to be seen. In other words, to be in the spotlight as a main character exposes the character to either bad or good critics. Anyway, just wanted to say that sometimes the bad critics against her are unfair and that she does not deserve it. That's my opinion though.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about Sakura Empty Re: Thoughts about Sakura

Post by racefan1992 Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:21 am

I didn't like Sakura in part 1. Due too forum rules, i'll stop here.
In part 2 i have no problem with her as a ninja. She has improved greatly and is able help out her teammates. However as a person, again due too forum rules, i'll stop here.

Spoiler:

Last edited by racefan1992 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:25 am

racefan1992 wrote:I didn't like Sakura in part 1. Due too forum rules, i'll stop here.
In part 2 i have no problem with her as a ninja. She has improved greatly and is able help out her teammates. However as a person, again due too forum rules, i'll stop here.

I would like to know your thoughts my friend. Just avoid bashing and insulting words. Personally, I like Sakura as a character and if that's not the case with you, then I have no problem with it. Don't hesitate to share your opinions. The only thing is: try to choose your words carefully.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:30 am

Irielo wrote:
racefan1992 wrote:I didn't like Sakura in part 1. Due too forum rules, i'll stop here.

I would like to know your thoughts my friend. Just avoid bashing and insulting words. Personally, I like Sakura as a character and if that's not the case with you, then I have no problem with it. Don't hesitate to share your opinions. The only thing is: try to choose your words carefully.

Sorry can't do it. This is one subject in the Naruto series that i have a very hard time choosing my words carefully. If i'm in a good mood, perhaps i'll be able too.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:40 pm

I feel the same way Irielo. Sakura used to be a character I simply could not stand, only to jump to one of my favorites. Her part 1 self for some time left much to be desired, but going back and reading, she really wasn't as bad as I'd made her out to be. Yes, she was a jerk to Naruto, but so was basically everybody else sans Hinata. Sakura being main character meant we'll see it from her more.

But going back, I realized that Sakura since chapter 3 had slowly been accepting Naruto and by chuunin exams, she had developed a sense of faith in him, enough that she silent tells Naruto to prove everybody who doubted him wrong, just like he did to her. Yes, she still smacked him when she felt he was being rude or inappropriate, but I think an example of her not doing it out of such malice was when they were doing the second test, and Naruto makes a comment that makes Sakura prepare to hit him, only for Sasuke to punch him so hard he goes flying. Sakura comment that he didn't have to hit him that hard. Although it turns out it wasn't Naruto, but a henge.

People I notice tend to judge her for the personality kishi gave her, and it's watered down to be limited to her being a bitch who punches him and a fangirl in love with a boy who doesn't care about her.She was a bit mean back in part I, and that was addressed due to her having a normal family (hell, Kishi has her paired up with 3 people who have lost it all, compared to her who has it all. Sasuke lost his family, Naruto lost his family, Kakashi lost his family and teammates), Sakura was bound to eventually learn the true meaning of loneliness, empathy and compassion.

She developed a sense of over-protection when it came to Naruto in part II to the point of lying to make sure he doesn't get hurt. People bastardize it as it being a bitch all around, and although she was wrong for lying in the failfession (especially the love part), her intentions were done to try and keep him away from Sasuke and out of harms way of Akatsuki.

Not to mention she felt partly responsible for the pain Naruto has gone through. It's one thing to see your close friend in pain (Sakura feeling powerful emotion and crying at seeing Naruto go 4 tails); it's another to realize you're the cause of that pain. Sakura has always had issues with her own self worth when it came to protecting those she cares about as well as coming into her own as a shinobi. Even back in the Forest of Death, she admits to herself that she always acted like a know-it-all, even to Naruto, but the truth was, she was far behind both him and Sasuke, and she expressed a desire to have them watch her back for once.

Then, when she spoke with Yamato, she expresses her desire to help Naruto more by helping stop the kyuubi and when she couldn't, lamented that she could only do such dumb things for him. Sakura caring for Naruto is obvious, though sometimes, she tends to lie to protect him "for his own good." And in some way, she is right (while at the same time wrong). Such as When she lied to Naruto to save him the pain of knowing he had hurt her in 4 tails mode and when Yamato tells him the truth, he refuses to use his beast again, (which was wrong since he was running away from his problems) though, he eventually goes back on his word after seeing Hinata hurt.

Naruto would have felt guilty and she knew it, so she hid it from him to protect his feelings. In 469, she tried to do the same thing. The problem is, she'd underestimated Naruto when it came to him knowing about her feelings for Sasuke and therefore his ability to detect bullshit when regarding him. She ended up making him upset with her lies, but when Sai tells the truth, Naruto looks so defeated and upset you can see why she did not want to tell him.

Sakura is a character of emotion. She thinks about how she doesn't want to see him hurt or upset so she tries to shield him, though she shouldn't. But I think that a big part of her actions are due to her feeling like such a failure and burden to him and how she always leans on him because she can't do anything but cry, so she tries to take the pain off of him by doing things herself. Though Kishi has a theme about not doing everything alone, that's why she failed.

With Kage Summit though, I felt Kishi did a number on all of team 7, not just Sakura. This was the time of everyone's weaknesses and failures in a sense coming to light.

Naruto hyperventilating and nearly fainting over Sasuke, and getting beat up to protect him and hiding this to protect Sakura's feelings.

Sasuke going batshit insane, hurting Karin, trying to kill Sakura and threatening Konoha.

Sakura lying to protect Naruto by confessing, to relieve him of the PoAL out of extreme guilt and grief, going after Sasuke alone and then knocking out her teammates and failing to kill Sasuke.

Kakashi admitting own past wrongs, such as promising Sakura everything would be as it was before after Sasuke left and his responsibility to his team.

Sakura has made some questionable choices at times and she is far from perfect, but I honestly like that. Who wants a main character who is near perfect, or generic anyway? Sakura is unique in being far more human and relatable, and yet still building herself from the ground up, unlike her teammates who had help with Kyuubi or traded eyes or something, all she had was her natural talent and intelligence. Of course, this is not to say that Naruto and Sasuke have not worked their tails off too of course, only that Sakura had far less of an advantage and yet came so far.

Really, I think people criticize Sakura in some ways that one really should be criticizing the author for. Sakura getting lack of screening fighting and showing her skills is Kishi's fault not hers. Also, his refusal to portray females as well as he could is also a fault on him. Sakura has improved greatly over time, but she still has some growing to do, as do others. Sakura isn't nearly as bad as she's made out to be IMO, and a lot of her hate is really exaggerated, though I can see why some do not like her, I hate seeing mindless hate with nothing behind it.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Taushishi17 Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:51 am

^^^shoot I wish they did give her some kind of special quality instead of making her an exact copy of Tsunade that it the only problem that I see other than that, she's pretty cool...

***taushishi17
Taushishi17
Taushishi17

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:07 am

Don't have time to go in-depth so I'll just basically piggy back on what Bubbles posted and just go "what she said."
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Enochian Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:14 am

Sakura annoyed me in the first part of Naruto, mainly because of her attitude towards Naruto and Sasuke, but my opinion of her changed in the Chunin exams after she decided that she wanted to change and be stronger. I really admire her now for her characteristics such as her boldness, faithfulness towards Sasuke, even though she knew he was a rogue shinobi, and her trust in her friends.

Her strength shocked me in part II. I never expected her to become such a strong shinobi, even though I knew she was taken in by Tsunade as her apprentice. The sudden change between the fangirl Sakura and the Sakura that kicked butt now, is amazing. I just thought that she would probably gain Medical Ninjutsu and few other stuff Tsunade knows.

What I like about Sakura is her bonds with team 7, meaning Sai also. Her development in the bond she held with Sasuke, surprised me to say the least. Even though after few years of separation, her love for him doesn't seem to be wavering. To be honest, when I heard that there was actually a pairing of her with Naruto, made me want to scream. I see them more like brother and sister as anything else, nothing more. Friends and that's that.

Then again, she still has some growing to do, but as far as the manga is concerned, I believe that her growth is even more expanding, heroine wise. Even though, I like Sakura's character very much, Hinata's still my favourite.  Thoughts about Sakura 2835597988 
Enochian
Enochian

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:15 pm

My issues with Sakura lie not with her as a character, but the author who is writing her. Granted, she is a main character so she does get screen time. However, what frustrates me is the fact that she has had sub-par development in relation to the other members of Team 7.

In terms of her fighting abilities she has advanced, and she is stronger then she was in part one. However, Sasuke and Naruto are miles ahead of her. And before anyone says "But Sasuke are Naruto are the relatives of the SO6P, they are supposed to be strong" my rebuttal is: "Well if that is the case, why even have Sakura on the team? If you're going to have 3 main characters...
develop all 3 equally.

I just don't like the fact that Naruto has: Rasengan, Rasenshuriken, Sage Mode, Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, Tailed Beast Mode, Summoning Jutsu, Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu, and he's a jinchuriki and Sasuke has: EMS, Amaterasu, Susano, Chidori, Chidori Stream, Kenjutsu(which he can infuse with lightning chakra), Fireball jutsu, Summoning jutsu. You get my point. And Sakura has Chakra infused punches, summoning jutsu, mystical palm technique, remote healing, and the seal. No mention of her elemental affinity or her genjutsu which she was supposedly a natural for. -_-

If Kishi could write better developed heroines characters I think this story would be much better in terms of quality.
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 am

^There is still an aspect where Sakura surpasses Naruto and Sasuke: her healing abilities. One can say that thanks to Kurama's chakra, Naruto can heal too but he depends only on Kurama to be able to do it. Sakura developed this skill by herself and she even helps Naruto to recover when the latter needs it although he possesses Kurama's chakra.

Sakura is an expert in poison and counter-poison as well. That's how she could save Kankuro and that's how she could poison Sai, Kiba and Lee, making them sleep instead of helping her facing Sasuke. I don't know how far are Sasuke's knowledge regarding poisons, but if he is immune against a lot of them, that's thanks to Orochimaru.

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Irielo wrote:^There is still an aspect where Sakura surpasses Naruto and Sasuke: her healing abilities. One can say that thanks to Kurama's chakra, Naruto can heal too but he depends only on Kurama to be able to do it. Sakura developed this skill by herself and she even helps Naruto to recover when the latter needs it although he possesses Kurama's chakra.

Sakura is an expert in poison and counter-poison as well. That's how she could save Kankuro and that's how she could poison Sai, Kiba and Lee, making them sleep instead of helping her facing Sasuke. I don't know how far are Sasuke's knowledge regarding poisons, but if he is immune against a lot of them, that's thanks to Orochimaru.

True Sakura does have better healing abilities then Naruto and Sasuke. However, she didn't develop all of her healing abilities by herself. IIRC, Tsunade was supervising her, training her so she could advance her healing skills. I also forgot about the poison abilities thank you for pointing that out. But, for most of Part 2 Sakura's development has been rather stagnant. She showed much promise in the beginning and then as soon as that battle was done she didn't show any new abilities until the 5 Kage Summit Arc and after that it wasn't until about 30 chapters ago that she showed her new abilities again.

As opposed to Naruto and Sasuke who were constantly developing new techniques and abilities. Almost every time they were in a major fight, they showcased a new ability. Sakura lacks development in this area. I really do think Kishi could have fleshed out her abilities a bit more.
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 am

bricksquad88 wrote:True Sakura does have better healing abilities then Naruto and Sasuke. However, she didn't develop all of her healing abilities by herself. IIRC, Tsunade was supervising her, training her so she could advance her healing skills. I also forgot about the poison abilities thank you for pointing that out. But, for most of Part 2 Sakura's development has been rather stagnant. She showed much promise in the beginning and then as soon as that battle was done she didn't show any new abilities until the 5 Kage Summit Arc and after that it wasn't until about 30 chapters ago that she showed her new abilities again.

As opposed to Naruto and Sasuke who were constantly developing new techniques and abilities. Almost every time they were in a major fight, they showcased a new ability. Sakura lacks development in this area. I really do think Kishi could have fleshed out her abilities a bit more.

You're right to mention that Sakura was supervised by Tsunade and that she could develop her skills as medic thanks to that training. However, unlike Tsunade who has the advantage to be a Senju and to have somehow a natural ability to heal, Sakura succeeded to reach her level without any advantage given by genes. Naruto and Sasuke have some advantages that Sakura does not have.

Naruto has been Kurama's Jin since he was a new born and Sasuke is an Uchiha and therefore possesses abilities inherent to his clan. However, both of them were trained by Kakashi (Sasuke: Chidori and his chakra's nature, Naruto: chakra's nature, making a good use of his clones leading to the creation of Rasenshuriken) and by Orochimaru for Sasuke and Jiraiya for Naruto. So the three of them were trained by the legendary Sannin, but unlike Naruto and Sasuke who were helped by Kakashi in their training, Sakura was not although Kakashi noticed her potential in Genjutsu. Unfortunately, this aspect of Sakura's ability was not really developed until now.

Anyway, Naruto Shippuden focused mainly on the doings of Akatsuki and the fights and battles against this organization. Either Sakura, Naruto or Sasuke had to fight against one of them and they all did pretty well. Sakura defeated Sasori with Chiyo's help but Naruto too was not alone when he defeated Kakuzu. Kakashi had already destroyed 2 hearts of the latter (if I'm not wrong) and he's the one who gave him the last blow.

Sasuke is probably the only one who dealt alone with his opponents, Deidara and Itachi. But in both cases and especially Sasuke vs Itachi's, Sasuke fought on a personal matter and not really for the sake of putting Akatsuki down.

The problem with Sakura/Chiyo's fight against Sasori is that it happened quite early in the Shippuden and one can have the feeling that it's so far away in the time. Nevertheless, Sakura succeeded to defeat a dangerous opponent and this victory should not be lessen by the fact that it happened for such a "long" time.

Against Pein, although Naruto was celebrated like a hero at the end of the day, I still don't think that he made it alone. Hinata's confession and her getting beaten by Pein triggered his rage and his transformation into nearly 9 tails and the meeting with his father helped him to regain control over himself.
Despite what the critics can say, Sakura was very useful when Pein attacked Konoha. She had to take Tsunade's role by organizing and showing some leadership when the wounded were coming to the hospital.

During the war, Sakura is showing that she is doing well as a medic, taking care and healing the wounded... It's known that in a team of Shinobis, the medic must stay behind because it's the one who is able to heal and save the life of a comrade. The importance of medics in a war is therefore vital. I am not surprised nor pissed off that Sakura has to stay behind for healing purposes. I even think she could get problems with the hierarchy if she dared to go and fight on the front lines although I'm sure she is strong enough to do it. But again, her role as medic does not really allow her to go and fight the way Naruto and Sasuke are doing it.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Of course I'd love to see more fighting from her and being a main, she deserves to be featured more, but again, that is Kishi's doing.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Bubbles wrote:Of course I'd love to see more fighting from her and being a main, she deserves to be featured more, but again, that is Kishi's doing.

So, Kishi should not have made Sakura a medic...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Eh not really, her being a medic didn't stop her from stomping Sasori. This has to do with Kishi apparently not thinking it's wrong not to feature his heroine like she deserves.

Even before the war, all she got was Sasori, and while that one fight was spectacular, I'm not going to pretend I'm not disappointed I haven't seen more fighting from her. I love her fighting style it's not OP, but strategical mixed with strength and medic skills.

Kishi kind of botched a lot of good opportunities to feature Sakura in more fights, but he did the same to the majority of his rookies tbh.

I still have hope he will come through and have her fight in this war. After all, Tsunade said those who are medics that mastered the strength of a hundred can ignore the medic rules to not fight....guess which medic got her seal?

I'm thinking she is being saved for something really good. x3
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:03 pm

^I also think that she will do something great. Anyway, is Sakura not worth as healer? I mean, we want to see her ass-kicking, but if something like that happened: nearly all the rookies are badly injured and are on the edge of dying but Sakura succeeds to save all of them...

Anyway, that would be logic for her to participate to the fight against Madara. The latter can only be beaten by Taijutsu and Sakura's fist could inflict him serious damages. She could use Katsuyu's deadly acid on him... who knows?

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Right? Sakura being a medic (the top aside from Tsunade in fact) + fighter was a great thing to do, it makes her even more of an asset. She can fight, but she can also save lives if it came down to it. She has plenty of worth as a medic, that's why she's top tier, but she has just as much as a fighter, even more now with that seal and katsuyu.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Could you imagine a situation similar to Pein vs Naruto but this time Madara vs Sasuke? Sasuke in big trouble and Sakura intervening to save him? That could be epic too...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 pm

I would love that so much. You must do this Kishi! o:
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:39 am

Well... I have to be honest. I could never bring myself to actually like Sakura's character. I don't hate it either, nor do I dislike it. But I expected much more from her as the heroine; I had expectations she never met, so in the end I just stopped caring about her character. I'm completely indifferent towards Sakura if I'm being honest.

The main problem I have is she has a lot of screen-time but is not relevant enough for a main character. Her part in the story doesn't have enough impact, since she's mainly just given minor roles. The best I can say about her is that she means well, she has good intentions and a kind heart, and she helps in the best way she can. To me, that's not enough for the main heroine.

So I just don't expect much from her, and I really don't care either way. :/
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:00 am

True Sakura does have better healing abilities then Naruto and Sasuke. However, she didn't develop all of her healing abilities by herself. IIRC, Tsunade was supervising her, training her so she could advance her healing skills. I also forgot about the poison abilities thank you for pointing that out. But, for most of Part 2 Sakura's development has been rather stagnant. She showed much promise in the beginning and then as soon as that battle was done she didn't show any new abilities until the 5 Kage Summit Arc and after that it wasn't until about 30 chapters ago that she showed her new abilities again.

You're right to mention that Sakura was supervised by Tsunade and that she could develop her skills as medic thanks to that training. However, unlike Tsunade who has the advantage to be a Senju and to have somehow a natural ability to heal, Sakura succeeded to reach her level without any advantage given by genes. Naruto and Sasuke have some advantages that Sakura does not have.

Valid point.

Naruto has been Kurama's Jin since he was a new born and Sasuke is an Uchiha and therefore possesses abilities inherent to his clan. However, both of them were trained by Kakashi (Sasuke: Chidori and his chakra's nature, Naruto: chakra's nature, making a good use of his clones leading to the creation of Rasenshuriken) and by Orochimaru for Sasuke and Jiraiya for Naruto. So the three of them were trained by the legendary Sannin, but unlike Naruto and Sasuke who were helped by Kakashi in their training, Sakura was not although Kakashi noticed her potential in Genjutsu. Unfortunately, this aspect of Sakura's ability was not really developed until now.

But in Naruto's case, he and Kurama didn't really start working as a team until very recently. Although, I will admit if it wasn't for Kurama's chakra, Naruto would have lost almost every fight he was in throughout part one. Sasuke is a natural genius so I won't even address him. Which brings me back to my point, Kishi could have taken opportunities like this to flesh out Sakura's abilities more. Give her a much more diverse moveset. Even with the seal the only thing which changed was her punches went from ---> strong to ---- really strong -_-. And she has been in the background for months now.

The problem with Sakura/Chiyo's fight against Sasori is that it happened quite early in the Shippuden and one can have the feeling that it's so far away in the time. Nevertheless, Sakura succeeded to defeat a dangerous opponent and this victory should not be lessen by the fact that it happened for such a "long" time.

Manga time, sure. But in real-time, we are looking at 6 years since that fight. I'm not lessening her victory due to the length of time since it occurred. All I'm saying is as a main character, having only one major fight isn't very great. Naruto and Sasuke have had many. Even Kakashi has been in quite a few.  

Against Pein, although Naruto was celebrated like a hero at the end of the day, I still don't think that he made it alone. Hinata's confession and her getting beaten by Pein triggered his rage and his transformation into nearly 9 tails and the meeting with his father helped him to regain control over himself.
Despite what the critics can say, Sakura was very useful when Pein attacked Konoha. She had to take Tsunade's role by organizing and showing some leadership when the wounded were coming to the hospital.

Naruto had tons of help with Pain, no one is denying that. Nevertheless, he did end up dealing the final blow by himself. Throught the course of the battle Naruto had many people help him. From the intel he got from Fukusaku to Hinata stepping in, to Kurama taking over, to Minato redoing the seal. It would be a ridiculous premise to suggest that Naruto won that fight alone. However, I don't see how him having help or beating Pain alone changes things though?

that was actually filler IIRC. Once again, Sakura's role was very limited. She beat the giant centipede and healed Hinata.

During the war, Sakura is showing that she is doing well as a medic, taking care and healing the wounded... It's known that in a team of Shinobis, the medic must stay behind because it's the one who is able to heal and save the life of a comrade. The importance of medics in a war is therefore vital. I am not surprised nor pissed off that Sakura has to stay behind for healing purposes. I even think she could get problems with the hierarchy if she dared to go and fight on the front lines although I'm sure she is strong enough to do it. But again, her role as medic does not really allow her to go and fight the way Naruto and Sasuke are doing it.

I would agree with this fully, however Tsunade says otherwise. (http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v66/c632/17.html) Just because one is a medic doesn't meant that she can't cover herself and learn how to fight. Although because she is a medic there might be restrictions. However, that shouldn't stop Kishi from integrating his main character into a couple of fights.

Strawberry wrote:Well... I have to be honest. I could never bring myself to actually like Sakura's character. I don't hate it either, nor do I dislike it. But I expected much more from her as the heroine; I had expectations she never met, so in the end I just stopped caring about her character. I'm completely indifferent towards Sakura if I'm being honest.

The main problem I have is she has a lot of screen-time but is not relevant enough for a main character. Her part in the story doesn't have enough impact, since she's mainly just given minor roles. The best I can say about her is that she means well, she has good intentions and a kind heart, and she helps in the best way she can. To me, that's not enough for the main heroine.

I agree 120% with the bolded part. And I will add: For a main character, Sakura doesn't have much more impact on the story then the supporting characters. Honestly, even Shikamaru imo has just as much or even more impact on the story then Sakura has. Kishi implied that Shikamaru will become Naruto's advisor when he becomes Hokage, which is more then I can say for Sakura right now.
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:40 am

bricksquad88 wrote:

I would agree with this fully, however Tsunade says otherwise. (http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v66/c632/17.html)  Just because one is a medic doesn't meant that she can't cover herself and learn how to fight. Although because she is a medic there might be restrictions. However, that shouldn't stop Kishi from integrating his main character into a couple of fights.

Strawberry wrote:Well... I have to be honest. I could never bring myself to actually like Sakura's character. I don't hate it either, nor do I dislike it. But I expected much more from her as the heroine; I had expectations she never met, so in the end I just stopped caring about her character. I'm completely indifferent towards Sakura if I'm being honest.

I agree 120% with the bolded part. And I will add: For a main character, Sakura doesn't have much more impact on the story then the supporting characters. Honestly, even Shikamaru imo has just as much or even more impact on the story then Sakura has. Kishi implied that Shikamaru will become Naruto's advisor when he becomes Hokage, which is more then I can say for Sakura right now.

Thank you for pointing out the fillers added in the Pein arc. Damn, I prefer 100% filler episodes than the ones integrated, which sometimes ignore even some manga facts, in the canon ones. I see that differently in Tsunade's case because as the Hokage, she has her word to say. Although the Raikage is the chief commander in this war, she already showed that she had her own mind and that she was not going to obey to every order silently. When Naruto went on the battlefield and when A. wanted to stop him, Tsunade understood Naruto and took his part.

I would thus admit that what might be yet missing to Sakura is some courage to go beyond her role as a medic (staying behind) and to show her fighting abilities and I still think it will happen. How? I can't tell but I do hope that she will do something, except healing, on the battlefield which will silent all the critics against her character.

Moreover, I personally don't want to underestimate the role of medics to favor the role of the ones fighting. Thanks to Sakura and her healing's abilities, Naruto and Kakashi for instance, were able to recover quickly enough to keep on fighting. Therefore, I don't find it fair to underestimate this role of hers which is an asset for the other main characters to shine on the battlefield.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Personally, I don't know why people ignore the fact that she's the only main character to not get a chapter named after her when she was introduced. Even Konohamaru got one and he's not really a main character though he's Naruto's "disciple." Sakura never did because she wasn't ever meant to be as high as the other original members of Team 7. Even Kishimoto's interviews over the years basically support that idea (quick, try to find when Kishimoto ever spoke about a "Sakura year" while he's done so for quite a few different male characters, especially Sasuke & Kakashi). If Sakura wasn't the same age as Naruto & Sasuke and their teammate, she wouldn't have gotten as much attention as she has gotten. She's by far the most focused female character of the series, but that's not necessarily going to be anywhere close to equal to male characters in a series that has always been male dominated and written to be male dominated. Personally, I'm not bothered by the male domination of this story and never let the way the story is told affect my feelings of Sakura (or any other character in this series for that matter).
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about Sakura Empty Opinion on Sakura's character?

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:25 am

Iwhat do you personally feel about Sakura? Do you like her? Hate her? Respect her? Thinks she's useless? Just wondering where she stands with yall as a character or more?
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:04 am

Preshippuden I did not like Sakura. She was weak and useless. Oh and Fangirl lets not forget that. I also didn't like the way she treated Naruto just because she didn't agree with him. Naruto says something she doesn't like next thing you know she beats Naruto nearly to death,after calling him an idiot. Meanwhile Emo Avenger (Sasuke) can do no wrong.

Shippuden era though Sakura has learned a lot from Tsunade and actually uses her skills many times to heal and save others lives. Sakura's skills much like Tsunade's are more Support based. Sakura (with Chiyo's help) defeated Sasori. She ran the hospital during the invasion of Pain. Healed many people during the war, and most recently kept Naruto alive until Obito could get the other half of Kurama into him.

As a love interest she is pretty, smart, and caring. Any one would be lucky to have her love.

In Short Part one I hated her part two I like her to a certain extent.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next