Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion

+7
Irielo
Ponyta
Strawberry
Treble
NekoKimio
Yuri
dovey
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion

Post by kagome1991 Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:11 am

Strawberry wrote:^ LOL! I felt the same way. Titans are all creepy to begin with, but the monkey-like titan's creepiness exceeds all other's. Not only did he seem to be smart, other titans seem to obey him!
See? That makes it more wrong than it needs to be! LOL. I mean sure the titans were causing me to have nightmares and stuff but this monkey titan...

I do not like this thing...it gives me the impression that humanity has no freakin hope whatsoever to survive Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion - Page 2 2801306734 
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion

Post by Strawberry Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:01 am

lily567 wrote:I was wondering where that monkey gone cause I haven't seen him since that time the guys were at the abandoned castle.
a friend of mine at school was telling me that the titans are actually humans.
I don't know if that would explain why one or two of the titans spoke and why eren and the others can transform into titans
I agree with the fact that all titans could be humans, as I was paraphrasing in the "mysteries" thread. And I believe the monkey titan was responsible for the titans that appeared inside wall Rose, who seem to be humans who transformed into titans, instead of titans who came from outside the walls. That could mean he can somehow turn humans into titans, and not shape-shifters like Eren but full on mindless titans, which is kind of scary...

kagome1991 wrote:See? That makes it more wrong than it needs to be! LOL. I mean sure the titans were causing me to have nightmares and stuff but this monkey titan...

I do not like this thing...it gives me the impression that humanity has no freakin hope whatsoever to survive Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion - Page 2 2801306734 
LOL! Indeed, that monkey is creepy. But I believe Eren is humanity's hope. And hopefully, Ymir as well, as she seems to have figured out some things and I hope she's not too reluctant to share them...
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:00 am

Strawberry wrote:
lily567 wrote:I was wondering where that monkey gone cause I haven't seen him since that time the guys were at the abandoned castle.
a friend of mine at school was telling me that the titans are actually humans.
I don't know if that would explain why one or two of the titans spoke and why eren and the others can transform into titans
I agree with the fact that all titans could be humans, as I was paraphrasing in the "mysteries" thread. And I believe the monkey titan was responsible for the titans that appeared inside wall Rose, who seem to be humans who transformed into titans, instead of titans who came from outside the walls. That could mean he can somehow turn humans into titans, and not shape-shifters like Eren but full on mindless titans, which is kind of scary...

kagome1991 wrote:See? That makes it more wrong than it needs to be! LOL. I mean sure the titans were causing me to have nightmares and stuff but this monkey titan...

LOL! Indeed, that monkey is creepy. But I believe Eren is humanity's hope. And hopefully, Ymir as well, as she seems to have figured out some things and I hope she's not too reluctant to share them...

these are some very good points.

I will admit that the monkey creeped me out
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 am

Just for fun: will they be able to get Eren and Crysta/Historia back or not?

I'd prefer not because I'd like to know what is hiding in Berthold, Annie and Reiner's village.

I would say no, they won't be able. And you?
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Irielo wrote:Just for fun: will they be able to get Eren and Crysta/Historia back or not?

I'd prefer not because I'd like to know what is hiding in Berthold, Annie and Reiner's village.

for now I wouldn't want eren and the others to go back as well because I am really curious about the titan history
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Irielo wrote:Just for fun: will they be able to get Eren and Crysta/Historia back or not?

Part of me wants Eren to get back, and part of me doesn't, since I'd like to know some information. So since I am torn, I will come up with a crazy theory. Commander Erwin makes up a plan and tells Eren to let himself be taken away, so they can follow him to Reiner and Berthold's hometown and figure some things out. After that, they proceed to take Eren and the information back. >:)

PS. I don't know about Ymir and Historia. If they are so eager to join the other side, let them for all I care. >:(
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:27 am

Strawberry wrote:

Part of me wants Eren to get back, and part of me doesn't, since I'd like to know some information. So since I am torn, I will come up with a crazy theory. Commander Erwin makes up a plan and tells Eren to let himself be taken away, so they can follow him to Reiner and Berthold's hometown and figure some things out. After that, they proceed to take Eren and the information back. >:)

PS. I don't know about Ymir and Historia. If they are so eager to join the other side, let them for all I care. >:(
hmm.. that is not a bad theory but they have to deal with the other titans tho
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Irielo wrote:Well Annie, like Berthold and Rainer, seem to be the tools of something worse hiding behind all this mess.

Yes, it seems so. But that does not excuse their actions in any way shape or form. I am a little more easy-going towards Reiner and Bertholdt than I am towards Annie, and I have my reasons which I will mention below. However, that is not to say Reiner and Bertie get a free pass in my book; not by a long shot.

Okay, first of all, Annie never made much of an impression on me in the first place. I didn't really sympathize with her and I didn't care enough about her to give much thought to the things she said. To me, she was just kind of there; and her careless attitude and wishing to join the MP only seemed realistic given the circumstances.

That being said, when the female titan first appeared, I immediately despised her (no, I didn't know she was Annie at the time). She didn't go on a killing spree on random characters; she was after characters who were giving it their all for humanity's survival. Her first two victims shown were two guys who confronted her to protect Armin at all costs. Those chapters really pissed me off, because one after another I saw character after character being killed. And not characters I was indifferent towards, but characters that I cared about and respected.

No matter if she was following orders, NOBODY forced her to toy with the soldiers like she did here.
Spoiler:
It was like a game for her, and I found that gross.

She killed sweet little Petra who peed in her pants in her first expedition outside the walls; who felt honored for serving the scouting legion; who possibly wished to marry Levi (Typing this made me sad GDI). She killed Levi's squad who were all devoted to protecting one another and trusted each other so much that their teamwork was almost flawless. Characters that I had enjoyed reading about and seeing interact with each other. She could've possibly killed Marco, who was not only an acquaintance of hers but was also probably the sweetest guy in the 104th trainee squad. Those were her victims. So when I found out the person who did all of that was Annie, a character I couldn’t care less about, then my loath towards the female titan passed on to her.

But all of that was not enough, no. We could also see how disappointed she was in herself for "being unable to become a warrior". That to me puts in doubt if she was actually being manipulated or not, because it seemed like everything she did she wanted to do, and her only regret was failing in capturing Eren and being discovered.
Spoiler:

Then she started laughing like an idiot.... Again like it was all a game for her.
Spoiler:

And to point something out, a lot of people like to say that she taught Eren how to fight as if that gave her any points on "niceness", but the thing is, she only did it because she loved to show off her combat abilities. She got a kick out of it.
Spoiler:

TLDR; Annie never showed any sort of remorse for doing what she did; her only regret was failing. And her victims included characters I was attached to.

Why am I more easy-going towards Reiner and Bertie? For a couple of reasons, actually. First of all, we found out that Reiner really didn't want to do what he did. In fact, he had to develop a split personality to be able to cope with what he was doing. That's how messed up the things he did were for him; that's how much he hoped he didn't have to do it.
Spoiler:

Bertie was similar to Reiner. We saw how he started to cry at one point because he felt like nobody understood them. He was crying for help; hoping someone would understand and rescue them from that hell.
Spoiler:

Contrary to Annie, we've seen both Reiner and Bertholdt struggle with what they are, and one way or another hoping they didn't have to do it.

Also, who are their victims? Heck, have they even killed anyone? They were the main cause of Wall Maria's fall and Throst's district's invasion, yes, but they didn't kill anyone with their own hands (unless that one dude Bertie ate to steal his 3D maneuver gear actually died), let alone characters we knew about. Yes, to me, that makes a difference.

Again, I am not saying they would get a free-pass. Too many characters have died; innocent people and people who were doing nothing but trying to help humanity. It's only fair that the ones who caused their deaths would either have the same fate or pay for their deeds one way or the other. But I got that feeling of struggle and questioning their morality from Reiner and Bertie and I ever did for Annie.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2