Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anti-NarSak Thread **READ FIRST POST**

+30
senjusana
kagome1991
funnyface
Zoey
sunshine95
Starlight
Twin Steps
joe_chip
The Merchant
Uzumaki Neji
Strawberry
Taushishi17
Susko
Zori
NaruHina <3
bricksquad88
Subaru
dovey
Fallere825
Yamasaki Akaiko
itachi75
racefan1992
~TowardsTheSun~
Mustang
GreatKungLao
MichaelInsanity
Bubbles
Irielo
lily567
Batokusanagi
34 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Anti-NarSak Thread **READ FIRST POST** - Page 28 Empty Re: The Anti-NarSak Thread **READ FIRST POST**

Post by Bubbles Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:13 am

Irielo wrote:
This kind of example is actually one of the reason I did not like Sakura and SS in Part 1. Sakura was sometimes too selfish.

Kakashi's observation about Sakura:
However, she matured and came to respect Naruto with time... The thing is that already at that time (Chuunin exams), Hinata knew that Naruto would have some difficulties in this writing exam but instead of judging or mocking him, she tried to help him. Sakura on the other hand had to learn that one could make the whole team fail to really worry about Naruto.

Hinata to Naruto: "I don't want you to disappear..." So sweet, so true, so sincere...
Lol, Kakashi. x3 Yes, Sakura was really not my favorite back then. I could more understand Sasuke's behavior with Naruto because he was his rival, but Sakura wasn't always the nicest to him.

This is why even though Sakura has indeed gotten closer to Naruto, it doesn't override Hinata, who was there for Naruto in the ways that Sakura wasn't.

I'm reading Naruto part 1manga for the first time and my goal is to catch all these so called NS moments, and tear them apart via context and big picture.
 The Anti-NarSak Thread **READ FIRST POST** - Page 28 3623065514 

http://innocentbeing.tumblr.com/post/51830617416
I found this essay that is both ANS and Pro-Sakura. It's attempt is basically to show Sakura's side of NS (their friendship), and her p.o.v.

warning:
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

The Anti-NarSak Thread **READ FIRST POST** - Page 28 Empty Re: The Anti-NarSak Thread **READ FIRST POST**

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:59 am

Bubbles wrote:I'm reading Naruto part 1manga for the first time and my goal is to catch all these so called NS moments, and tear them apart via context and big picture.
 The Anti-NarSak Thread **READ FIRST POST** - Page 28 3623065514 

Have fun. You might come to understand why I believe NaruSaku should not make sense to anyone that is a manga reader (it was reading Part 1 that did it for me after originally discovering the series through the anime) and that I will forever argue that Kishimoto ended even the slightest possibility of NaruSaku with chapter 183.

Last edited by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed grammar)
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 pm

for me I felt that any chance of NaruSaku occurring came to an end in chapter 469-470 and collapsed entirely in chapter 474. the problem I find is now NS is still trying to search for a hint when there has been no romantic hint since chapter 615.

It is now bold enough to say Sakura has moved on since the fake smile, which happened about 30 minutes ago (in story time) it was something that happened about 4-5 minutes after Sasuke arrival. her fake smile happened about I am guessing about 20 hours after thinking about Sasuke and rejecting the fodder Ninja, sadly for NS, that fake smile isn't a solid hint that Sakura is moving on from Sasuke, what NS needs is solid evidence to prove that Sakura has moved on from Sasuke, that is something it doesn't have. you know Sakura has had time to let go of her love for Sasuke, but in my opinion she has waited for him to return, she has loved Sasuke no matter what dark road he took, so why would she give up on that as well, that is as bad as giving up on Sasuke, that is not something that represents her character so well.

as for Naruto, using chapter 631 to prove that Naruto still has romantic feelings for Sakura, hasn't anyone told it that Naruto knows how to upset Sakura, plus there is good evidence to suggest that he has let go of his crush on Sakura. there isn't enough evidence to suggest that Naruto still has any lingering feelings towards Sakura, I feel that Naruto has had enough time to get over his crush, and I think it culminated at the Land of Iron, where he blew Sakura's false confession to a Billion pieces.

the thing is we all know that Sakura had good intentions at the Land of Iron when she falsely confessed her love to Naruto, but the problem is Naruto and everyone in the area knew that Sakura wasn't being truthful to her own feelings. that in the storyline (I think) was about 3-4 weeks ago, with Hinata's confession being maybe a week to two weeks earlier, that month and a half along with say the two to three years of being rejected by Sakura and knowing of Sakura's love for Sasuke is enough time for anyone to get the message and drop any lingering feelings one might have, there are other girls out there, Ino, TenTen, and of course who can forget Hinata (who in my opinion is the front runner now) to end up with Naruto, I feel that Sakura might have deliberately falsely confessed her love to Naruto because maybe she felt that Naruto deserved better, because Sakura knows that Hinata loves Naruto, (but that is just a theory and I could be wrong).

So in my opinion I would say that the one that has moved on is Naruto, there is little evidence to suggest that he is romantically interested in Sakura, but I would say there is a small amount of evidence to suggest that Naruto is starting to develop feelings for Hinata, but that is still early days at the moment.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:13 pm

I dunno. To me so far into Part I, I feel like NaruSaku doesn't even really work on a basic level. Kishi is showing me right now more than ever that he deliberately has Naruto miss the point with Sakura, and not having them understand one another, sometimes back to back! One example of this is the FoD where, while Naruto is dreaming of saving Sakura (his DiD), Sakura's panel before that clearly shows that Sakura hates being the DiD.

Spoiler:
And yet that is how Naruto sees her. Funnily enough, it is Sasuke who first notices her disheveled appearance and demands who hurt her, whilst Naruto notices her appearance on a superficial level (her hair of all things had been cut short). Not to mention this is after she did not play the DiD and fought to protect her teammates.

There are plenty of instances where Kishi seems to intentionally show us that Naruto and Sakura do not fit as a romantic pairing. What Naruto sees and wants and what Sakura sees and wants are different.

Spoiler:

Even by 631, we see that Sakura actually had to assert herself in order to fight alongside him and Sasuke. Naruto tells her to go back to the kitchen rest, and (despite NS saying he was only "worried" about her), he never even planned to give her the chance to say "nah, I'm good I can fight" because he was already heading to go ("Let's go Sasuke!").

Sakura is shown to be upset by this and reminds him (like she should need to, really?) that she is also a disciple of a sannin and is not just a "weak woman" who can't compete. Yeah, he smiles and she ends up coming along, but the point NS misses is that Sakura should have never had to do this. Because they are supposed to know each other so damn well. Obviously not.

The scene wasn't about Naruto worrying anyway, it was about him thinking she needed a rest after all that healing. But that wasn't what was wrong. What was wrong, is that he never gave her the option to protest, she had to jump up next to him and say something before he left.

I haven't read all of Part I, but I am pretty inclined to believe NS was dead long before Part II despite some Red Herring hints, it's clear which pairing was going to be endgame imo.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:26 pm

you know what I like, NS is going with this POAL, like that really mattered any way, come to think of it the POAL was shit all over many times over, I am certain, we would need a shovel to get rid of that shit.

no seriously, it was Naruto that was meant to save the person whom he considered a brother, but who was it that saved Sasuke, or better yet, who were the ones to save Sasuke?

let's see Hashirama, Tobirama, Minato, Saratobi, Itachi where was Naruto or Sakura for that matter? so the promise of a lifetime was reduced to a mere, well not much at all.

NS wants to use the POAL as a hint, I bet it didn't know that the POAL was never all about Sakura anyway, it was about Naruto trying to save the one whom he considered a brother, he was going to chase after Sasuke, but not just for Sakura.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:55 am

^You know, even though Naruto could end up with Hinata, as long as Sasuke would not be back, the POAL would still count. If Naruto's Nindo is not to go back on his words, then making a promise to someone is something very important.

Anyway, Naruto would have behaved the same if he had made a promise to, let's say, Konohamaru for instance. In other words, no matter to whom Naruto is making a promise, he will deal with it very seriously because this is what his Nindo is all about.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:59 am

Well to think about in another way, what if Sasuke does come back to the village anyway, without Naruto's or Sakura's influence? what if that was the case, remember Sasuke did say he wants to follow what his brother wanted him to follow which is to protect the Leaf. If Sasuke returns to the village then in terms of story not Naruto and not Sakura what would that make the POAL?
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:07 am

51-mustang wrote:Well to think about in another way, what if Sasuke does come back to the village anyway, without Naruto's or Sakura's influence? what if that was the case, remember Sasuke did say he wants to follow what his brother wanted him to follow which is to protect the Leaf. If Sasuke returns to the village then in terms of story not Naruto and not Sakura what would that make the POAL?

If Sasuke does come back to the village by himself, it will not only "cancel" the POAL but Naruto and Sakura would not have to get him back. However, I still have the feeling that Sakura might play a big role in Sasuke's recovery. By recovery, I mean that she will help him to deal with the darkness which has poisoned his life so far.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:44 am

Irielo wrote:^You know, even though Naruto could end up with Hinata, as long as Sasuke would not be back, the POAL would still count. If Naruto's Nindo is not to go back on his words, then making a promise to someone is something very important.

Anyway, Naruto would have behaved the same if he had made a promise to, let's say, Konohamaru for instance. In other words, no matter to whom Naruto is making a promise, he will deal with it very seriously because this is what his Nindo is all about.

Naruto and Sakura both demolished the POAL.

Besides @Irielo Naruto have broken promises before, like when he said he'd never used Kurama again? Yeah, what happened too that promise? Exactly.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:34 am

The "promise of a lifetime" was the greatest friendship moment between Naruto and Sakura in part 1 as far as I'm concerned (Naruto not getting the point of Sakura's attempt to re-assure him when she, Naruto, & Shikamaru were in Naruto's hospital room though was a bit annoying though ;p). It was the time that both Naruto and Sakura finally seemed to understand each other a bit better. By doing so, it also meant that NaruSaku as a romantic couple was dead. Naruto acknowledging that Sakura loves Sasuke and that he also wanted Sasuke to return (despite supposedly being in love with Sakura) was also a blatant acknowledgement that he was okay with Sakura not going for himself (translation: Naruto isn't pursuing Sakura anymore, "bro code alert"). Sakura acknowledged that point by saying that she misunderstood Naruto thinking that he would forever try to keep her from pursuing who she wants to be with (that's Sasuke of course) just so that Sakura might go with him. Naruto making that promise wasn't necessary as he was going to try to get back Sasuke just due to his own bond with Sasuke. However, Naruto made that promise to re-assure Sakura and to help her feel better--which is what a friend would do.

The "promise of a lifetime" was rescinded as an official matter in chapters 469-470 but the main feelings (Naruto isn't pursuing Sakura anymore; Sakura knows she can trust Naruto to be okay with her going for Sasuke--in fact, Naruto's rejection of her attempt at a confession to him I'm pretty sure emboldened her belief on that score even more) behind it continue to this day.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks a lot Yamasaki Akaiko for clearing up things! There is something I don't understand from both sides: NS or NH... NS uses the POAL to confirm the romance between Naruto and Sakura, which is an exaggeration. NH sometimes diminishes this moment without acknowledging that it was like you have written a great moment of friendship between Naruto and Sakura.

Naruto was trying to get Sasuke back for himself but he also saw how Sakura was desperate. This goal: bringing back Sasuke was thus no more a personal one but became something he wanted to do to see Sakura happy as well.

Damn, it's not because he has broken a promise made to himself by going nearly 9 tails, racefan1992, that it automatically means that he has to break a promise made to a friend. Naruto has shown so many times that he puts others' interests' before his. Naruto is so empathic that he could even understand Obito whose actions caused so much pain in his life.

Anyway, either NS or NH have to understand that the POAL is not romantic but a great sign of friendship.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:56 am

Irielo
Naruto was trying to get Sasuke back for himself but he also saw how Sakura was desperate. This goal: bringing back Sasuke was thus no more a personal one but became something he wanted to do to see Sakura happy as well.
I've seen NS use this argument...but it also tacks on that Naruto never stopped loving her, even when he knew she had feelings for Sasuke, he never gave up. NS says the poal was also because he loves Sakura, and related to her in that moment because he knows what it's like to have unrequited feelings and wants to see her happy...but its also a promise to himself as well as the reason he doesn't feel worthy of confessing his true feelings. (Because he can't even keep his promises).
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:07 am

I agree that the POAL is a friendship moment, i don't think i've every disputed that, i just dispute the "romantic" intent NS forces on it.

You could say the POAL prevents Naruto and Sakura from becoming a couple just based on the fact that it is a friendship building moment.

But of course NS using those glasses will see things differently.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 am

Bubbles wrote:
Irielo
I've seen NS use this argument...but it also tacks on that Naruto never stopped loving her, even when he knew she had feelings for Sasuke, he never gave up. NS says the poal was also because he loves Sakura, and related to her in that moment because he knows what it's like to have unrequited feelings and wants to see her happy...but its also a promise to himself as well as the reason he doesn't feel worthy of confessing his true feelings. (Because he can't even keep his promises).

NS will use such arguments to turn it to its own advantage... I've already seen how some good NaruHina's arguments were used by NS for its own interest. It's like taking something and painting it in the way you want it to look. By this statement, I've meant that Naruto is not someone selfish. He would have done the same to any of his friends because he sees them as the family he never had.

The problem is that NS just uses the POAL for its own pairing and NaruHina should not fall in this trap and freak out about it because in some cases, it's as if NH wished that Naruto and Sakura were not/never good friends.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:33 pm

I agree. NH shouldn't diminish NS friendship. Though, I can understand NH frustrations, having experienced it myself. Plenty NH enjoy NaruSaku friendship and get so tired of it being skewed into something pairing related that sometimes, one ends up wishing Naruto and Sakura would just not have a lot of screentime together, to prevent NS from being so cocky and twisting the characters friendship development, into something romantic.

Sakura and Naruto are main characters and friends so they will be shown together, but unfortunately, NS makes a pairing moment out of nearly everything, then acts like NH is delusional for not seeing it. So, it sometimes gets out of hand and downplaying starts to happen out of frustration and wishing Kishi would keep the two away from each other. Which of course isn't going to happen.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:32 pm

I remember seeing it using the time Naruto had a broken arm and Sakura tried to feed him, turning it into a romantic moment, then it still persists in using Sai as some love expert, I mean come on Sai isn't a reliable resource, then goes on further to say that even Sakura said that the fool is in love with her.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:41 pm

51-mustang wrote:for me I felt that any chance of NaruSaku occurring came to an end in chapter 469-470 and collapsed entirely in chapter 474. the problem I find is now NS is still trying to search for a hint when there has been no romantic hint since chapter 615.

It is now bold enough to say Sakura has moved on since the fake smile, which happened about 30 minutes ago (in story time) it was something that happened about 4-5 minutes after Sasuke arrival. her fake smile happened about I am guessing about 20 hours after thinking about Sasuke and rejecting the fodder Ninja, sadly for NS, that fake smile isn't a solid hint that Sakura is moving on from Sasuke, what NS needs is solid evidence to prove that Sakura has moved on from Sasuke, that is something it doesn't have. you know Sakura has had time to let go of her love for Sasuke, but in my opinion she has waited for him to return, she has loved Sasuke no matter what dark road he took, so why would she give up on that as well, that is as bad as giving up on Sasuke, that is not something that represents her character so well.

as for Naruto, using chapter 631 to prove that Naruto still has romantic feelings for Sakura, hasn't anyone told it that Naruto knows how to upset Sakura, plus there is good evidence to suggest that he has let go of his crush on Sakura. there isn't enough evidence to suggest that Naruto still has any lingering feelings towards Sakura, I feel that Naruto has had enough time to get over his crush, and I think it culminated at the Land of Iron, where he blew Sakura's false confession to a Billion pieces.

the thing is we all know that Sakura had good intentions at the Land of Iron when she falsely confessed her love to Naruto, but the problem is Naruto and everyone in the area knew that Sakura wasn't being truthful to her own feelings. that in the storyline (I think) was about 3-4 weeks ago, with Hinata's confession being maybe a week to two weeks earlier, that month and a half along with say the two to three years of being rejected by Sakura and knowing of Sakura's love for Sasuke is enough time for anyone to get the message and drop any lingering feelings one might have, there are other girls out there, Ino, TenTen, and of course who can forget Hinata (who in my opinion is the front runner now) to end up with Naruto, I feel that Sakura might have deliberately falsely confessed her love to Naruto because maybe she felt that Naruto deserved better, because Sakura knows that Hinata loves Naruto, (but that is just a theory and I could be wrong).

So in my opinion I would say that the one that has moved on is Naruto, there is little evidence to suggest that he is romantically interested in Sakura, but I would say there is a small amount of evidence to suggest that Naruto is starting to develop feelings for Hinata, but that is still early days at the moment.

To be bold: It's been a week tops since the events of the Invasion of Pain. I know everything seems like it's been much longer since chapters come out once per week, but in manga time it has only been at most a week. Week and a half if we're being generous.

51-mustang wrote:Well to think about in another way, what if Sasuke does come back to the village anyway, without Naruto's or Sakura's influence? what if that was the case, remember Sasuke did say he wants to follow what his brother wanted him to follow which is to protect the Leaf. If Sasuke returns to the village then in terms of story not Naruto and not Sakura what would that make the POAL?

Sasuke's 'change of heart' does not negate his "missing-nin" status or the other crimes he committed when he was a part of Akatsuki. So I'm going out on a limb and saying that Naruto will be the once to convince Tsunade and the elders to let Sasuke come back to Konoha. The promise of a lifetime has a part in Naruto's motivation for trying to bring Sasuke back. If the POAL is reduced to just a "shippy-moment" between Naruto and Sakura, it is being devalued greatly. It is more than that.
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Bubbles wrote:I agree. NH shouldn't diminish NS friendship. Though, I can understand NH frustrations, having experienced it myself. Plenty NH enjoy NaruSaku friendship and get so tired of it being skewed into something pairing related that sometimes, one ends up wishing Naruto and Sakura would just not have a lot of screentime together, to prevent NS from being so cocky and twisting the characters friendship development, into something romantic.

Sakura and Naruto are main characters and friends so they will be shown together, but unfortunately, NS makes a pairing moment out of nearly everything, then acts like NH is delusional for not seeing it. So, it sometimes gets out of hand and downplaying starts to happen out of frustration and wishing Kishi would keep the two away from each other. Which of course isn't going to happen.

I know how much it can be difficult, but it would be better for us NH, to ignore these NS arguments. If these arguments are going to spoil the things we used to enjoy in the manga, then, where is the fun? Somehow giving too much importance to NS arguments forces us sometimes to read the manga with pairing glasses when it comes to NS only for us to counter those arguments and that can lead to things like: ignoring/denying Naruto and Sakura's friendship or bashing on Sakura in some cases...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:27 pm

and we all know that the moment you put pairing goggles on is the moment it ruins the view of the manga, it ruins the enjoyment of the story that you are reading, unfortunately NS has been a victim of that, as well as NH, but I think that is to be expected admittedly, sadly I was at that point before I joined this forum, bashing Sakura and not even appreciating the friendship of Sakura, but thanks to this forum I was able to see Sakura in a different light.

But I even learned that expecting romantic hints, even hidden ones is what leads to disappointment in the end, NS is expecting pairing moments in whatever chapter it looks at, but is soon disappointed by the fact that it can be countered by a more critical eye.

even though 631 is supposedly the holy grail of NS, I still don't think we have had a pairing moment since 615. chapters 633 and when Hinata tripped due to exhaustion to get to Naruto, only counts as small hints, but I feel that there will be a major pairing moment coming up in the next 5 or so chapters, at the moment I don't want to see a pairing moment, due to it being out of place at the moment.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:53 am

Irielo wrote:
I know how much it can be difficult, but it would be better for us NH, to ignore these NS arguments. If these arguments are going to spoil the things we used to enjoy in the manga, then, where is the fun? Somehow giving too much importance to NS arguments forces us sometimes to read the manga with pairing glasses when it comes to NS only for us to counter those arguments and that can lead to things like: ignoring/denying Naruto and Sakura's friendship or bashing on Sakura in some cases...

There's no fun in it. I've heard many times that because of NaruSaku's insistence to portray every friendship moment as some spectacular proof of NarSak love, that its started to spoil the enjoyment of Naruto and Sakura's friendship. I myself admit that this constant bragging has rained on my enjoyment of their friendship a bit.

By which I mean, whenever I see something Naruto/Sakura related, I immediately think how NS will twist it to be what it's not. Sure enough... I don't like that, because there was a time (before I discovered NaruSaku was even a thing) that I could simply enjoy their dynamic without the bullcrap. I still love their friendship, but I just don't like that feeling.

Tumblr:

51-mustang wrote:and we all know that the moment you put pairing goggles on is the moment it ruins the view of the manga, it ruins the enjoyment of the story that you are reading, unfortunately NS has been a victim of that, as well as NH, but I think that is to be expected admittedly, sadly I was at that point before I joined this forum, bashing Sakura and not even appreciating the friendship of Sakura, but thanks to this forum I was able to see Sakura in a different light.

But I even learned that expecting romantic hints, even hidden ones is what leads to disappointment in the end, NS is expecting pairing moments in whatever chapter it looks at, but is soon disappointed by the fact that it can be countered by a more critical eye.

even though 631 is supposedly the holy grail of NS, I still don't think we have had a pairing moment since 615. chapters 633 and when Hinata tripped due to exhaustion to get to Naruto, only counts as small hints, but I feel that there will be a major pairing moment coming up in the next 5 or so chapters, at the moment I don't want to see a pairing moment, due to it being out of place at the moment.
I think that's great that this forum helped you to see things in a new light. Getting away from all the madness and coming here, it is really like a haven. It's true that expecting romantic hints a lot leads to so much disappointment. I had decided a while back that I would no longer expect a moment, but just let it come when it comes. Because when I tended to get my hopes up, it would come crashing down.

Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 am

I'd like their friendship more if Naruto and Sakura would quit lieing too eachother and coddling eachother like little babies.

True friends should be able too understand eachother and handle the truth like an adult reguardless of who or what is involved.

Naruto and Sakura are friends that is as far as their relationship goes.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 am

racefan1992 wrote:I'd like their friendship more if Naruto and Sakura would quit lieing too eachother and coddling eachother like little babies.

True friends should be able too understand eachother and handle the truth like an adult reguardless of who or what is involved.

Yes, lying is not something very moral but sometimes a lie is said without any intention to hurt but to protect. A lie can avoid useless panics/worries... Even Sasuke asked Sakura not to reveal to Naruto that he had a cursed mark when Orochimaru had bitten him.

Anyway, these lies just show that they are not always perfect but do care for each other and that's Team 7.

Last edited by Irielo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:15 am

racefan1992 wrote:I'd like their friendship more if Naruto and Sakura would quit lieing too eachother and coddling eachother like little babies.

Their friendship isn't perfect, and they are far too protective over one another, but I can understand why. Sakura is overprotective much like a mother, she seems to play that role in a sense, smacking him when she feels he is being inappropriate or annoying, kind of bossy, yet she cares for him, has become gentler with him than before, and wants to help him and she ends up protecting him by witholding the truth that she knows would hurt him.

Truth witholding is a typical parental trait in shows and whatnot. Theres also the fact that their misunderstanding about what the other wants which leads to this. Sakura does not want to burden Naruto, yet he insists on taking it all, leading Sakura to drastic acts like witholding information to take it off him as she feels useless and seeing how much he has on his shoulders, she tries to take it off him in her own way.

Their friendship is good, the way they handle situations sometimes though, needs improvement.  But I take in the fact that they actually haven't been around each other that long since Part II started. 2.5 years away from each other, it's been maybe a year, or less since a true friendship started between them. Time will lead to better decisions.

In Naruto's case, he is protective in the sense that he wants to do everything, take all burdens even from Sakura. This is less a friendship problem and more a personal one, hence Itachi telling him to knock it off. Naruto has spent years with people not caring, its possible he's not used to letting people in like that (he's learning how), so he hides himself from people (that's one big reason why NH is such a good pairing. He easily opened up to Hinata). That has to be tough to do when you take in all the abuse he was subjected to over the course of his life.

That's my thought process anyway. xD
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 am

@Bubbles @Irielo

Truth may hurt, but lies hurt more. The truth is there for a reason; too be told. One of the reasons NS doesn't work because they can't be open too eacother (NH works because Naruto and Hinata CAN be open too eachother without all the bullshit). Naruto and Sakura lieing too eachother too "protect" one another means they have problem with handling the truth and that is their problem, not mine.

Their friendship isn't perfect and i'm fine with that but they have issues too deal with and i hope Kishi/his editors fix those issues.

Spoiler:

racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

racefan1992 wrote:@Bubbles @Irielo

Truth may hurt, but lies hurt more. The truth is there for a reason; too be told. One of the reasons NS doesn't work because they can't be open too eacother (NH works because Naruto and Hinata CAN be open too eachother without all the bullshit). Naruto and Sakura lieing too eachother too "protect" one another means they have problem with handling the truth and that is their problem, not mine.

Their friendship isn't perfect and i'm fine with that but they have issues too deal with and i hope Kishi/his editors fix those issues.

Spoiler:
It's fine. Nobody here thinks either of them is right for it, they should be honest, lying only leads to pain in the end, just look at how upset Naruto looked when Sai told him the truth. This is one reason why NS does not work romantically. They still need to work on how to get their friendship at 100%.

That's also one of many reasons why NH is better. Naruto doesn't lie to her and vice versa. Nor does he hold her back, only lifts her up. They barely knew each other and by 98, he was already being honest with her. Yet as late as 470, NaruSaku can't even be straight up with each other and by 631, Naruto only just realized that Sakura wants to fight beside him and Sasuke. This is not good.

NS tries to romanticize it, but despite me understanding their reasons, it doesn't justify it. Sakura lying about loving him to hide the truth was a big negative, despite her good intentions. Yet I also have an issue with Naruto's side. I do hope he continues to let Sakura do her thing, him taking on the knight in shining armour role she did not want only held her back and made her feel like a burden in his life.

You shouldn't have to feel that way, like you've caused your dear friend suffering when you're doing your best to be there. NS would hold each other back if it wasn't for others stepping in. That's another issue with them and why it doesn't work romantically.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next