Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Episodes 394-402 (Chuunin Arc So Far)

2 posters

Go down

Naruto Episodes 394-402 (Chuunin Arc So Far) Empty Naruto Episodes 394-402 (Chuunin Arc So Far)

Post by H. Uzumaki Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:53 pm

So while we wait for the bound to be epic manga moments to come, we've had the Chuunin Exam Arcs. They're not bad overall, truly. Spoilers abound below for those who haven't watched these episodes yet and want to without spoils, so read at own risk.

In fact, if you like Taijutsu fights, you should give Episdode 401 a try. You see a rather well done fight between Rock Lee and another Taijutsu user of the Sand, Shira. He parallels Lee, and is well set up to be a foil to him episodes before. The small series of episodes that involve Rock Lee and his team before 401 are decently done because of that early build up, which definitely intended to culminate to a fight that works. The main minus of the fight, one of the flaws in this arc, is you kind of know they are all going to be okay and pass the exams. (Mind, this is the same for the Manga episodes if you've read the manga.).

In contact, Episode 402, which centers around Team 8, lacks the rival/antagonist set up 401 and earlier episodes does. This hurts the episode a bit, as the antagonists they face were set up with really only humor, which may not be enjoyable for all. You'll see Team 8 struggle against Ninja of the Grass, and predictably in 403, I expect Team 8 to underdog their way to victory.

395-397 (Don't ask why I'm reviewing episodes out of order!) all are about the written portion of the exam. Antagonists are set up here as well, and you'll see Neji take a really nice place of leadership (Setting himself up to be Jounin.). Its interesting, though the problem and solution to the written test is a bit simple. Again, its an audience problem that I'll elaborate on below.

I feel this filler and many fillers tend to focus more on the intended audience range; which is younger boy focused. The manga, in my opinion, with the way Kishi writes and the themes he chooses to represent, can appeal more to a wider audience range. The fillers take more to simple humor, and have far less complex Villains, without the themes Kishimoto plays on. We dismiss them as "Bad" writing, but its really simpler writing to fit the intended audience. (The movies in general are all exceptions). I like Kishimoto's way, but I understand that some wish to play safe in their choices.

All in all, the Chuunin Exams aren't bad, as I've stated earlier. I'd give them a rating of a C so far. Kishimoto's are better, if darker, of course. But there are portions (Episode 401) that are of decent enough quality that are worth a glance at.

Of course, like everyone else, I'm madly excited for Night Gai, Sasuke and Naruto with powerups, and everyone's dreams. I'm curious if they'll do them in one clip scenes, draw them our, or make them their own episodes.
H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Naruto Episodes 394-402 (Chuunin Arc So Far) Empty Re: Naruto Episodes 394-402 (Chuunin Arc So Far)

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:05 am

Nice review. It doesn't make me interested in watching them but I do appreciate you recognizing why the anime tends to not work for me (similar reason why I could never get into the "Rock Lee" manga nor its anime).
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Naruto Episodes 394-402 (Chuunin Arc So Far) Empty Re: Naruto Episodes 394-402 (Chuunin Arc So Far)

Post by H. Uzumaki Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:41 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Nice review. It doesn't make me interested in watching them but I do appreciate you recognizing why the anime tends to not work for me (similar reason why I could never get into the "Rock Lee" manga nor its anime).

Thanks!

I read an article about how brutal the animating business is in Japan, so I'm even more empathetic to them now. "Starving Artist" sure is the truth internationally. It takes quite a while to get one's endeavors in art to pay off. Going to watch the next episode soon and either review it this week or wait until I have two episodes to review to post.
H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down