Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

What of All the NH filler episodes had been NS instead

Go down

What of All the NH filler episodes had been NS instead

Post by meow69 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:45 am

I know that this might not be a popular question but I will ask anyway. Please don't hate me for asking. First I will explain where I got the question from. I was reading around on the NS forums today to see NS's reaction to 615 being animated, and found an interesting question though worded differently than I would have asked it. (especially when NS said filler episodes were the reason so many people like NH) The question paraphrased by me is this. What if all the Filler NH moments had been NS moments instead? Would a lot of people that ship NH ship NS instead? Or would people most NH shippers still ship NH? Many people my self included watched the anime before they started to read the manga. Would that have influenced them.

Guidelines and scenario for debate

1: Canon NH moments still happened same for any other moments that might be considered an NS moment.

2: Filler NH moments that become NS moments are tweaked in accordance with Sakura's personality. For example The "headbutt of love instead of Sakura freaking out , Headbutting and then fainting Naruto, She instead punches him and calls him an idiot or something similar.

3: The NH filler from 166 did not happen. So no Naruto saving Hinata or Sakura because there is no way in the context of that episode to turn that into an NS moment.

4: Try to keep your shipping glasses off if possible but if you can't that is fine as well.

5: If you want feel free to imagine what some of the fillers would look like if they had been a NS moment.

Other than that let your imaginations go wild and tell me what you think.

Me personally if done right the changes might have influenced me at least up until 166. I did not read the Manga until a long while after 166 came out. Though after 166 I would have definitely have thought differently.

This Post has been Modified by Anbu

Last edited by Fallere825 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Links and mentioning fans)
meow69

Back to top Go down

Re: What of All the NH filler episodes had been NS instead

Post by Irielo on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 am

A lot of NH filler episodes happened in Part 1 and at that time, I was not interested in the pairings' issues. What made me a NaruHina fan was chapter 437 (already discussed about that in other threads and don't want to repeat myself, laziness lol!).

Anyway, I can understand NS sometimes because it has some fillers in Part 2, like Sakura preparing and giving some power-pills to Naruto when he was training with Kakashi and so on...

When I think that not everybody reads the manga, then the way the fillers provide some fan-service for this or that pairing just explains how some arguments are expressed and how some "discussions" escalate to "wars" among the supporters of this or that pairing.

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:44 am

It is what it is: Filler is filler.
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 am

racefan1992 wrote:It is what it is: Filler is filler.
I know that, but many people (myself included) do not or did not know what was filler or not before they started reading the Manga. So for people that only watched the anime fillers did, and probably still do influence opinions on things. I am aiming this thread more for people that first learned about the Narutoverse from the anime like I did. I didn't even know there was a Manga for a long time honestly. Personally I like both of them now that I have read the Manga. I like them both for different reasons. I love the art work in the Manga and kishi always does good work every issue. The anime I love the voice acting and the soundtrack. Though the animation quality varies at times. Example compare the animation in 166 and 167. The animation was great in 166 while the next episode was completely horrible like they had smoked a hash pipe before the animators made it. 167 was Naruto going nine tails and fighting Pain the animation should have been top notch for such an important event but it wasn't.
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:29 am

Considering I strongly despise all of the NaruHina fillers (as well as the fact that I started shipping NaruHina based on the Chuunin exams), the fillers would have no bearing on me at all. The fact that they exist don't make me like or dislike the pairing one way or the other (nor effect my opinion on NaruSaku).

I knew those episodes were "fillers" long before I saw them (as I started getting into the online community a little before Cartoon Network's first airing of Sasuke chase) so I didn't care that I hated them.

Actually, I'm still bothered by the anime twisting certain NaruHina and SasuSaku things in the beginning to be either a bit "anti" (compared to the manga or just adding "bad" stuff that didn't exist in the manga) as well as putting in a whole lot of filler NaruSaku moments in the middle of what were supposed to be "canon" episodes. I have always considered that a worse butchering of the story than whatever the anime does with their blatant filler episodes. Despite all of that, I still shipped SasuSaku and then NaruHina (and also considered both to be endgame--my opinion on the matter was only solidified by actually reading the manga and realizing how the anime twisted things).

Considering just about every series that makes it on TV in the US from Japan is both a manga and an anime, I also assume that a series has "both" things unless I find out otherwise.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:49 am

Fillers tend to go against the grain of the story, they are not part of Kishi's design when it comes to the story itself, so NS and NH tend to get confused about it, like for instance when Naruto said he knew his feelings for Sakura were one sided, but that will not stop him from trying to win her over, that caused a lot of confusion because Naruto is fully aware of Sakura's love for Sasuke and he knows that would never change.

NH in the first part doesn't count either, Filler is just there to fill stuff in, even if it goes against the grain of what Kishi is trying to convey, even if there were some really nice moments for NH in the fillers, sadly they don't count, because it wasn't Kishi that made those hints or moments, for a while (I admit) I thought those moments counted, but once I got into the manga, I learned very quickly that the characters in the filler were out of character and weren't consistent with the canon material.

canon is gospel in a series like Naruto, where we see a lot of filler in the anime, in fact the anime itself isn't 100% reliable even in canon moments are made to look like nothing, I know that the anime department are trying to be indifferent but they also go against the grain of Kishi's story.

Back to top Go down

Post by endame on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:33 am

To tell you the truth i saw the anime part 1 until cuunin exams first, and i supported NH back then, because Sakura didn't like Naruto and Naruto was starting to see how amazing Hinata is, then there were no more chapters in spanish (i saw them in CN) so i forgot it for some years until a friend of mine shared with me the first 119 chapters of shippuden, that was some 4-5 years ago, back then i supported NS because i saw Sakura somehow developing feelings for Naruto (and Hinata was not there)

Note that i didn't even know what manga is nor what filler is, but then i finished watching all the chapters, and wanted to see more, when i downloaded the very first chapter by casuality it was Sakura's confession so i still supported NS but then some time after i wanted to see what i missed and i ended up watching Pain arc, that changed my mind completely, I discovered that i always kept a tiny hope to see NH (i didn't even know about pairings i just wanted to see Naruto with Hinata)

Some time after i discovered Manga, it was better for me because of conection issues (images are a lot cheaper in KB that videos) and i discovered how NH was slowly developing while NS fading (i think it was about 549 chapter)

What i want to say is: filler influences you but it won't change what you really feel.
endame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum