Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinata and Hanabi

+6
Bubbles
engetsu
ClassyLPS
Zumeii-san
Irielo
Aelita
10 posters

Go down

Hinata and Hanabi Empty Hinata and Hanabi

Post by Aelita Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:21 am

How do you think Hinata's relationship with her little sister would have gone like? We've seen a lot of guess-work in fanfictions that involve the two.

Based on what we've seen of Hanabi in Hinata's flashbacks, her appearance in the final test of the chunin exams and Hinata's background story and home life, how to you think the two would interact with each other at home.

I know Hanabi is one of the most underdeveloped of Kishi's characters lol, but try to come up with theories based on what we've seen of her.
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Hinata and Hanabi Empty Re: Hinata and Hanabi

Post by Irielo Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:42 am

That's a good question. It has been meant that Hanabi was more talented than Hinata and that her father took care of her training personally whereas, he left Hinata to Kurenai showing therefore that he was not interested in her.

I think Hanabi thus might feel superior than her elder sister and maybe thinks that she is the one who should become the heiress.

On the other hand, I can imagine that Hiashi's attitude to favor Hanabi might have hurt a lot Hinata. But Hinata is not the kind of person who will feel jealous because of that, only sad.

I can imagine that Hanabi does not respect Hinata as it should be and act sometimes arrogant towards her. In this case, Hinata would not make any scandal, she would remain calm and try to understand her sister because Hinata is a very empathic person.

That's my imagination though. If there were more informations about Hanabi in the manga, then it would have been easier to analyze or interpret the situation regarding the relationship between the two sisters.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zumeii-san Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:01 am

For some reason I can picture Hanabi not being as stuck up as we believe she might be even though we know Hiashi favored her. Maybe Hanabi feels sorry, it is a possibility that she feels pressure from her father as well given that he trains her harder, believing her the be the right choice for heiress. I'm thinking that after the war or something, Hanabi will gain great respect for Hinata and might even show that she is happy and was concerned. Surprising Hinata by maybe giving her a hug, telling her she is glad that she is alright. Or it is possible like @Irielo said that she is a stuck little brat, that was hierarchically upped by her father and therefore might not like nor be comfortable with Hinata's new found strength because she will see her as a threat. I believe it would make Hinata feel sad but not insignificant given by how much she has changed but she would feel sad because she'd wish her relationship with Hanabi could be different.
Zumeii-san
Zumeii-san

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:59 am

It's hard to tell what kind of relationship they have without knowing Hanabi's personality.

If Hanabi was a nice and quiet like Hinata, then I'd expect them to have a kind of relationship where they talk to each other just like normal siblings, but never in front of Hiashi.

If Hanabi was proud and arrogant, I wouldn't expect them to talk at all. And they would treat each other like clan members rather than sisters. It would be uncomfortable for Hinata and possibly both of them for them to be even in the same room together.
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:12 am

Interviewer: Hey Hinata! What do you think of your sister Hanabi?

Hinata....
Hinata and Hanabi 1064089785_sDesktopHi
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:30 am

Hinata and Hanabi Hyuuga_Sisters_by_IaraabHinata and Hanabi Sisters_by_gabzillaz
I would prefer to see a good relationship between the two. I don't think it had much to do with Hanabi having more talent as much as her having more guts and drive at the time than her eldest sister did. Hanabi wasn't hesitant like Hinata was, and that's what made Hinata lose to her.

I just love the idea of big sister Hinata. Hanabi I see as a bit feisty perhaps, and a lot more outgoing than Hinata is in contrast, but I think that would make their sibling relationship all the more awesome.

I don't know, I guess I'd rather see them on good terms than having her be like her father was to her. I'd like maybe Hanabi to be kind of bossy, in that kind of kid way, but still have a good heart on her. I'd imagine they didn't spend much time together because Hiashi always spent that time with her training and grooming her.

Hinata/Hanabi  having a good sibling relationship is something I would have loved to see.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:56 am

I believe Hanabi is kinda like Hinata, if you go by the Narutopedia that is.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:15 pm

racefan1992 wrote:I believe Hanabi is kinda like Hinata, if you go by the Narutopedia that is.
Hm, all I remember getting from Hanabi was that she was confident and "more powerful" according to Hiashi, than Hinata was. We never really got any expansion on her character. Which sucks.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Presuming their mother is dead, Hinata would be the closest thing to a mother Hanabi has, and knowing the type of person Hinata is, no matter Hanabi's personality i can see Hinata trying to bridge the gap, interacting with and being there for her sister.

In my mind, Hanabi isn't stuck up because of the extra attention, she might not even like it. She is recognized for the drive she shows (like Bubbles said) and because it makes her father happy she does what she has to, she understands the whole clan system but doesn't really care about being the heiress or not. Due to her extra training and Hinata being often busy with team 8 and missions, they may not get a lot of free interaction time often, but whenever they're both there and free i can see something like Hinata combing Hanabi's hair, listening to and answering her questions the best she could (things she might be curious about but wouldn't ask Hiashi), or giving her words of encouragement if she's feeling down. They don't spar yet because Hinata wants the time together to be a break for her sister and they use it to chat with tea, sometimes Hinata even tries to teach Hanabi how to cook (and Hanabi has a hard time with it).

Sry if its a bit jumbled, i'm a bit tired and i write the thoughts down as they come. So i think they would have a good relationship overall, and it would be one based off of quality moments versus having a whole lot of interaction time together.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 pm

@ Lickstermik
Just thinking about the two having that kind of quality time makes me smile. I would love to see this! There is also a lack of Hanabi/Hinata sibling pictures. Blah, if I could draw, there wouldn't be. xD
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Bubbles wrote:@ Lickstermik
Just thinking about the two having that kind of quality time makes me smile. I would love to see this! There is also a lack of Hanabi/Hinata sibling pictures. Blah, if I could draw, there wouldn't be. xD

That makes 2 of us :)

we may never get to see exactly what the dynamic is like, but i'm thinking if we get to see Hanabi's reaction to Naruto and Hinata getting together, or maybe if Kishi does a time skip and wedding scene for them, and we get at least a glimpse of her facial expression. We would be able to get an idea of the kind of relationship they have.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:54 pm

That was a question in another thread about the possibility that the manga continues and I imagined a scenario with Hanabi...

Ok, if Mrs Hyuuga is already dead, then Hinata could play the role of the mother and the sister at the same time etc. etc.
But if there is really something interesting about the  2 sisters, that's the main/branch and cage bird seal issue. Who is the heiress of the Hyuuga clan and who will receive this seal?

I hope that this will be answered because that is actually one of the big problematics of the Hyuuga clan and in case Kishi decides to continue the manga and prolongs it into several arcs, that would be quite spicy and interesting to see a Hanabi trying to get rid of her sister because of the title of heiress...

Anyway, I think that the Hanabi's issue should be cleared because of that question linked to the main/branch family.
Sorry, don't get me wrong but the rest does not really matter because I assume that the other rookies have brothers and sisters too and what is known about them? Nothing...

Why showing only Hinata's sister?  (If I'm wrong about that, please correct me). Because Hanabi is an interesting character regarding this main/branch family issue of the Hyuuga clan. She was important too to describe Hinata's lack of self-esteem and confidence in part 1 when Hiashi decided to focus on her ignoring by the way her elder sister.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:56 pm

I thought that the whole Main House x Branch House  thing would be abolished? Since it definitely seemed to present itself as a problem within the Hyuga clan. Like what Neji did, he sacrificed himself for a Main house not because she was a main house, but because she was someone he cared about.

I think the Hyuga could have learned something from this, I mean they were all watching weren't they? A Hyuga shouldn't be defined by who is born first they should all sacrifice themselves for one another because they are family and comrades, and one shouldn't be more obligated to give up his/her life than another just because of right of birth. That's why I feel that branch/main house thing won't stay forever.

Not to mention Hiashi's words to Hizashi about "it's not about Main House x Branch House anymore, and my daughter is out there with your son protecting and fighting with each other, back to back, as comrades."

Something like that.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Bubbles wrote:I thought that the whole Main House x Branch House  thing would be abolished? Since it definitely seemed to present itself as a problem within the Hyuga clan. Like what Neji did, he sacrificed himself for a Main house not because she was a main house, but because she was someone he cared about.

I think the Hyuga could have learned something from this, I mean they were all watching weren't they? A Hyuga shouldn't be defined by who is born first they should all sacrifice themselves for one another because they are family and comrades, and one shouldn't be more obligated to give up his/her life than another just because of right of birth. That's why I feel that branch/main house thing won't stay forever.

I agree on that but that issue must be cleared. Can you imagine the manga ending without any outcome regarding this issue? I would not like that. These changes in the Hyuuga clan is an important topic which can't be ignored imo.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:20 am

@Irielo
I too would like to see this issue cleared up, however i don't think (or more i can't see) Hanabi going up against her sister to achieve the heiress title (Hanabi wasn't given it in the manga if i'm not mistaken).

The idea of her trying to take her sister out i'm sure would be frowned upon, i don't even think Hiashi would be ok with this. She's also still pretty young, and from the little i have seen of her she seems obedient.

Here are some of the scenarios that could probably happen (in my head) if Kishi decides to resolve the issues with the Hyuga (for us to see):

1. If it comes to Hanabi being marked (i'm thinking after the war and Hiashi recognizes Hinata is fit for the position) he will reluctantly have to mark Hanabi. She will be obedient and accept it but Hinata will oppose it and from there she'll work to change that ritual of the hyuga, not wanting to see further resentment towards the main branch.

2. They may have a duel for the position, Either Hiashi decides they have to fight or Hanabi may challenge Hinata. Now we don't have much to work on but i would like to think Hinata can beat Hanabi now, however Hinata will decline or throw the match, not wanting to fight her sister and in doing so gives up the title to her. When this happens and it comes time for Hinata to receive the mark, lets throw in Naruto hearing about it, and he already doesn't like this tradition, much less him hearing Hinata is going to be marked, i'm sure he'll have to come say something to stop it from happening.

3. If Hanabi was already picked for the title, after the war the elders may come down on Hiashi reminding him that Hinata will have to be marked. If this is the case, just like the above Naruto will come in to do something about it.

All of the above ensures neither of the sisters are marked and i think that is where the clan is headed...to a change, Naruto's Generation has been all about change.

With all of the above said if i'm not mistaken the curse mark isn't just about controlling the other members of the clan (please correct me if i'm wrong) it's main purpose is to protect the byakugan no? if i understand it correctly it works like a fail safe making sure outsiders can't get their hands on the eyes? Looking at it from this perspective, even if the clan got past the whole main and branch family way of thinking, the protection of the byakugan is still very important, and they may still want to rely on the curse mark for that. In this case maybe the mark can be tweaked or maybe they don't even have to use the mark anymore but incorporate a seal that activates upon death Hinata and Hanabi 3725747089 just random thoughts that came to mind as i was typing.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:22 am

^

Your #2 makes sense too me. Hinata doesn't like to fight (unless she really has too). If their dad forced them to fight, Hinata wouldn't want to do it and will be marked. If Naruto hears about it (i'm pretty sure he would), he'd flip out.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 am

I'd actually want Hinata to try and do something about it if it is still a problem, since even though Naruto said if Neji wouldn't do something about it, he would change the clan himself, that it's ultimately a Hyuga clan problem, not a future Hokage's.

I think they'd come up with a new way to protect the byakugan. I just don't see Hiashi saying "alright, now wear this binding mark the branch house hates so much" after witnessing everything he has, how wrong he's been and such, and after his words about main house and branch house not mattering, I can't see him turning around and keeping that same law.

To subject either of his daughters to it after that wouldn't make any sense to me. I think that it will be addressed, but I don't see why Hiashi wouldn't be the one to address/abolish it. He is clan head, he can do what he wants, and to me, he looks to be changing.

When Naruto yelled Hinata's name in 614 when he saw she was fighting beside her father and Neji, it was Hiashi who told him not to worry because the Hyuga are the strongest in the village. To me, he looked to be  saying that Hinata can stand strong and not to worry. I felt it showed he has accepted Hinata being more than what he originally thought.

She is strong and capable. And after likely seeing or hearing about her fight against Pain and seeing her back to back with Neji, how she helped Naruto the way she did? Just, I don't see him going back to how he was, or keep the Hyuga the same. Maybe Kishi will keep it as an issue that I'd prefer Hinata to help solve, but we'll see I guess. He definitely can't just leave that as a loose end, that's for sure.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 pm

@Bubbles
I'm 100% with you there
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:12 pm

@Bubbles and Lickstermik I agree with what you wrote regarding these Hyuuga clan's issues: main/branch, Hinata/Hanabi. To me, your perspectives would make sense if the manga comes to an end after the war or even if there's another arc after the war.

But in case Kishi wants to prolong it (several arcs), I would not mind that conflicts arise because of that matter. Until now, the main villains in the story were from the Uchiha clan. Thanks to that, one could witness the Uchihas' power and all the mess it has created.

Now what would that look like if there was a powerful villain coming from the Hyuuga clan? Personally, I would find it very intersting IF the manga continues

Spoiler:
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm

@Irielo
I wouldn't mind older Hanabi/Hyuga Clan expansion if he continued the manga. It would be amazing imo. Especially with more expansion on Hinata's relationship with her peers and family and such.
Spoiler:

Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nineslashmonk Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Irielo wrote:@Bubbles and Lickstermik I agree with what you wrote regarding these Hyuuga clan's issues: main/branch, Hinata/Hanabi. To me, your perspectives would make sense if the manga comes to an end after the war or even if there's another arc after the war.

But in case Kishi wants to prolong it (several arcs), I would not mind that conflicts arise because of that matter. Until now, the main villains in the story were from the Uchiha clan. Thanks to that, one could witness the Uchihas' power and all the mess it has created.

Now what would that look like if there was a powerful villain coming from the Hyuuga clan? Personally, I would find it very intersting IF the manga continues

Spoiler:

Wait, prolong it? I thought that this was like the grand finale arc, especially since it involves 10 tails, the beasts, and such? Did I miss a certain piece of news about the manga recently?
Nineslashmonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:32 pm

^
Oh, no this is the final arc.
This is just about what if Kishi prolonged the manga further..
but he hasn't....yet. x3
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Irielo wrote:@Bubbles and Lickstermik I agree with what you wrote regarding these Hyuuga clan's issues: main/branch, Hinata/Hanabi. To me, your perspectives would make sense if the manga comes to an end after the war or even if there's another arc after the war.

Spoiler:

I hear you...(though personally i wouldn't want to see Hanabi go all dark side) what you're saying makes sense and yea it would be interesting to see. It would definitely be nice to get some more background info concerning the hyuga, and once Kishi can reasonably explain Hanabi avoiding the mark until then (which might not be too hard) it could very well happen like that.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by IIRUNEII Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:41 am

Bubbles wrote:
racefan1992 wrote:I believe Hanabi is kinda like Hinata, if you go by the Narutopedia that is.
Hm, all I remember getting from Hanabi was that she was confident and "more powerful" according to Hiashi, than Hinata was. We never really got any expansion on her character. Which sucks.
From playing the game's and seeing the little i have of hanabi,
I expect her to be not as shy as hinata and perhaps a little like sasuke with parents, type personality. Hinata and Hanabi 2617627483 
IIRUNEII
IIRUNEII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down