Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Smile Saved Me - how many?

+6
Yamasaki Akaiko
endame
CoolChels
SenpaiSamaSan
Irielo
GreatKungLao
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your Smile Saved Me - how many? Empty Your Smile Saved Me - how many?

Post by GreatKungLao Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:10 am

I was thinking today about how many characters said those words about Naruto's smile. I can recall only Jiraiya and Hinata.

If it's really just two of them, there are some NH strong connections should be then. Because then it will be that Naruto heard those words about "Your smile saved me" from Hinata and it reminded him about what Jiraiya said him during their adventrues. In one of the flashbacks Jiraiya told Naruto, that he has a very good smile, that can eventually save the world (or something like that). So when he heard those words from Hinata, it would means, that at that moment Naruto realized, that his smile has indeed saved at least one person, which is Hinata of course.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Your Smile Saved Me - how many? Empty Re: Your Smile Saved Me - how many?

Post by Irielo Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 am

I think Kakashi once talked about Naruto's ability to change people. If I'm not wrong, even Tsunade confirmed that by saying she would bet on Naruto.

That word "smile" was not used I think but, all tend to say how Naruto has a positive influence on everyone. Even that it's something very easy for him to make new friends.

When Hinata confessed, he was about to give up and what she told him about his smile showed him how important he is and how she trusts him. That was a way to tell him to believe in himself because he actually changed her (and so many people) without realizing the wonders he made in people's life.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by SenpaiSamaSan Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:49 am

Jiraiya and Hinata are also the only people other than Naruto to use his nindo word for word as well...
SenpaiSamaSan
SenpaiSamaSan

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:18 pm

^ Correct, a very positive influence.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by endame Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:56 pm

This seems to be an old thread but i was thinking, didn't Kushina say those words about Minato? (i don't quite remember but it seems to me like she did) that would make Hinata the first one that told those words to Naruto.
endame
endame

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:57 am

Unless that was an anime thing, I don't recall Kushina ever talking about Minato's smile.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by endame Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:07 am

Ah, I'm sorry, this is what i remember, in the chapter 498 Kushina said that Minato shanged him, I guess I mixed both things, even so, Hinata said the same thing first don't you think?

I couln't put the images here so i give you the links:
Chapter 437 bottom left panel
chapter 498 bottom left panel
endame
endame

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:19 am

Sure, they used similar words. Even if I didn't know, I get reminded of that from those who feel that there's some reason to try to compare NaruHina and MinaKushi--which I'm not a fan of doing. However, Hinata couldn't have said it first considering Kushina & Minato were dead before Hinata was born. Besides, Kushina -> Minato and Hinata -> Naruto isn't really about people acknowledging Naruto's smile--the purpose of this topic.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by endame Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:16 pm

I understand what you say, Yamasaki Akaiko, but I must say that I am not justifying NH through MK (I am not fan of that too), i was trying to say sorry because i thought Kushina had mentioned Minato's smile too, what i wanted to say is that i got confused and mixed both things.

In the end I think Hinata is the only one that said those words to Naruto.

endame
endame

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:17 pm

mmmm there were only 2 woman in Naruto's life that told him three little words that he needed most in his life and that are Hinata and Kushina the three little words (I LOVE YOU), now returning to the topic yes I think only Hinata was the one to say those words to Naruto, jiraiya expressed that his smile could change ppl if I remember right but only Hinata's the one to tell him "your smile saved me" and the words he most needed in his life "I Love You"
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 am

^it is as you said , pervy sage said that his smile has the power to save ppl and hinata was the very first . both kushina and hinata told naruto that they loved/loves him (although kushina told him those three little words twice)
hinata told naruto that his smile saved her and she in turn saved naruto twice.

speaking about twice, hinata indeed did save naruto twice, tt wasn't an error made in the manga when naruto stated that she save him twice. when everyone was confused about it, i sat down and thought about and came to this conclusion. saving someone doesn't always mean by actions( like hinata saving naruto in the pein arc), it can also mean verbally as well meaning giving someone a boast of confidence in themselves and showing them how much you care and believe in them( proud failure speech from hinata to naruto)
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:44 am

endame wrote:I understand what you say, Yamasaki Akaiko, but I must say that I am not justifying NH through MK (I am not fan of that too), i was trying to say sorry because i thought Kushina had mentioned Minato's smile too, what i wanted to say is that i got confused and mixed both things.

No problem. I understand now ^_^
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:14 am

Well you know lily I think the two times in which Naruto was saved was in the pein arc all the same, 'cause I think Naruto gave up when he was pinned down by pein and then comes Hinata to save Naruto(first time) and the second when she confessed.. cause then he knew there was at least one person who loved/loves him sincerely and then Naruto got a reason to fight again.. remember that's why Naruto exploded in rage at pein when pein stabbed Hinata.
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:05 am

hmm very interesting
but then that kinda means hinata saved naruto three times but everyone has their own opinions.

pein : why do you fight?
naruto:??
hinata comes in to protect him and says i love you to naruto
naruto:!!

basically hinata gave the answer to pein
naruto fights because he has someone who loves him
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:53 am

lily567 wrote:^it is as you said , pervy sage said that his smile has the power to save ppl and hinata was the very first . both kushina and hinata told naruto that they loved/loves him (although kushina told him those three little words twice)
hinata told naruto that his smile saved her and she in turn saved naruto twice.

speaking about twice, hinata indeed did save naruto twice, tt wasn't an error made in the manga when naruto stated that she save him twice. when everyone was confused about it, i sat down and thought about and came to this conclusion. saving someone doesn't always mean  by actions( like hinata saving naruto in the pein arc), it can also mean verbally as well meaning giving someone a boast of confidence in themselves and showing them how much you care and believe in them( proud failure speech from hinata to naruto)

Actually i think it is 3 times: PFS, against Pein and against Obito.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:35 am

against obito was after what was mentioned so that would be like the 3rd or fourth time depending on how you see it, if we count only Naruto 2nd part that means it was only the 3rd time in all series the 4th time
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:30 pm

If I'm not mistaken. Haku mentioned something on the lines of protecting someone you love:

Your Smile Saved Me - how many? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdLS0w1LAAghawx1V8kM1MhjMEjO-E5AVD4clU5_8ejw1vHKIXzA

Its beautiful when you read it. Theres foreshadowing with NaruHina that can't just be thrown away... I mean.. I doubt its Sasuke considering hes at yet to completely come to his senses... though he acknolwedged Naruto's lonely existence from the beginning to Sakura.. I still feel Hinata fits this..
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:04 am

Yes Haku made a very big and important point to Naruto and I think he still has that point in his mind and heart and Naruto has been searching for that special someone all along since then, but in a very quiet way... not in a loud or boisterous way..
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:47 am

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:Yes Haku made a very big and important point to Naruto and I think he still has that point in his mind and heart and Naruto has been searching for that special someone all along since then, but in a very quiet way... not in a loud or boisterous way..

If he had been "searching for that someone special all along", then he could have realized about Hinata's love for him when she intervened against Pein for instance, but she had to confess for him to understand the reason of her presence there.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:30 pm

well remember @Irielo... Naruto had other priorities in his mind come on seriously "and sorry for the words" a snake bastard attacking his village... a jinchuriki going on rampage... a crazy group that wanted to capture him..., making a promise which made him suffer more than anyone... a "best friend" going insane thanks to the snake bastard... really?? do you think with all of that going on can you search for that special someone with a lot of time??? O_o I don't think so..

Oh yeah then the 2nd part the same group,, the same promise... then the dead of his fellow jinchuriki.. the resurrection of that jinchuuriki... a new member.. and so and so on... then the dead of his master... he got his mind so focused on avenging his master but then appeared one girl who  has helped him a lot of times and he says for concern to her to get out of there that she doesn't have any need to be there and put her life in danger for him(Naruto) and she(Hinata) confesses so basically it's not that Naruto didn't forget nor let Hinata aside for selfishness or something it's that Naruto had a lot in his mind... and that's why we get the reaction Naruto gets when Hinata confesses.. and why when she gets struck down Naruto goes on a rampage and really mad, because Naruto knew she was the one he was searching for and because of himself, he put her in danger..
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:27 pm

ThisIsMyNinjaWay wrote:If I'm not mistaken. Haku mentioned something on the lines of protecting someone you love:

Your Smile Saved Me - how many? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdLS0w1LAAghawx1V8kM1MhjMEjO-E5AVD4clU5_8ejw1vHKIXzA

Its beautiful when you read it. Theres foreshadowing with NaruHina that can't just be thrown away... I mean.. I doubt its Sasuke considering hes at yet to completely come to his senses... though he acknolwedged Naruto's lonely existence from the beginning to Sakura.. I still feel Hinata fits this..

Let's not take it out of context. Naruto already answered Haku by thinking of Iruka then. Naruto wasn't searching as he'd already found it with Iruka and then has over the years increased the people who fit the description.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:18 pm

well that's a precious person what I'm talking about is in a love/partner for life way ^_^!!
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:36 pm

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:Yes Haku made a very big and important point to Naruto and I think he still has that point in his mind and heart and Naruto has been searching for that special someone all along since then, but in a very quiet way... not in a loud or boisterous way..

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:do you think with all of that going on can you search for that special someone with a lot of time??? O_o I don't think so..

Please, try to be more consistent without bashing thanks. Your points (bolded parts) are just contradicting themselves.

Thanks @Yamasaki Akaiko This is a point which had to be brought up (Iruka...).
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:01 pm

It's been a while since I've read the beginning. I was looking for the chapter where Haku was talking to Naruto in a non-fighting setting and mentioned that. And just happened to see this panel and was thinking "wow, similar" though speaking of iruka..., did Naruto mention it for both scenarios when Haku said this?about IF finding someone who's always acknowledged you you would want to protect them or something like that. I think of Hinata but then again your right in a way, I just have read some fans post the picture with them and forgot the Iruka thing.
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:03 am

I don't think I was bashing someone... and well if i was I apologize... as for contradicting myself... again I'm not expressing myself in a very understandable way, what I meant was that Naruto even when he had all those problems going on and had really and literally little time to think about consquences he was searching for his partner for life too.. but in a more quiet way and not shouting out loud i want someone to love me or what not.. dunno if I expressed myself better now..??
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next