Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something I noticed...

3 posters

Go down

Something I noticed... Empty Something I noticed...

Post by Starlight Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:35 pm

I know you guys don't like parallels but when I read 669 again I noticed that Minato called Lee 'Lee-kun' Gaara 'Gaara-kun' and Sasuke 'Sasuke-kun'. Same for Hinata she calls Kiba 'Kiba-kun' Shino 'Shino-kun' and everyone else. They both say 'Kun' (or 'San') at the end of (most) people's name. Just saying. Coincidence? I think not
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Something I noticed... Empty Re: Something I noticed...

Post by Irielo Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 am

I think Minato and Hinata are both gentle, kind and polite. That explains the -kun at the end of the names. If I'm not wrong it is also a sign of respect and affection in Japan...

Anyway, this topic will be moved in the "Naruto discussions" board as it has more to do with the similarities between two characters of the Narutoverse.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:26 am

Irielo wrote:I think Minato and Hinata are both gentle, kind and polite. That explains the -kun at the end of the names. If I'm not wrong it is also a sign of respect and affection in Japan...

Anyway, this topic will be moved in the "Naruto discussions" board as it has more to do with the similarities between two characters of the Narutoverse.

Oh ok I thought my post was deleted thanks
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 pm

This is where the fact that most official translations (and some fan translations) are not completely consistent with the official Japanese comes into play.

Hinata and Minato always address people with honorifics. The only character I believe that Minato did not use a honorific with was Kushina when they were already together in the manga. Lee is another character that uses honorifics with everyone (except for the members of Team Gai). Hinata is one of the few characters who has no exceptions when it comes to honorifics. This honorific usage is basically meant to highlight how extremely polite Hinata (and those who also do it) are.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down