Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Skins

3 posters

Go down

Forum Skins Empty Forum Skins

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:59 am

Unless the option was removed (as this is a free board I think), wouldn't it be better to have skins (or "board styles", which I think is phpBB's term for it)?

I have been gone for awhile, but if there's one thing I remember that used to occur (and I'm sure it still does) it's a relatively constant change of the forum theme.

While that's not necessarily a problem, but if you really like a theme, you should be able to continue using it. If each theme was saved as a skin and people could choose what they like, then I think it would be best. The default could keep changing and everyone can use whatever theme that they like even if it isn't the most recent one.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Forum Skins Empty Re: Forum Skins

Post by Rayleigh Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 am

You mean a function where people can choose there favourite skins?
I usually save every skin I design for this forum (there are currently 3 themes I created, and 1 created by Onihikage, another designer)
Rayleigh
Rayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:35 pm

On a phpBB board I had (running version 2 just to give you a hint of how long ago this was), you could save board styles and allow users to choose the "board style" they wanted in their control panel. It does require access to the configuration settings where you'd choose to not override the user's style. I'm not sure what configuration settings you have control over here. My message board was on my own server so I had complete control over everything as I had installed phpBB myself.

Of course, this is based on a very outdated version of phpBB (at least in terms of terminology and possibly how things are setup). However, I don't think that phpBB would've removed that functionality though it might be renamed or put in a different location than where I'm used to seeing it.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:47 pm

We will be adding this feature soon. Thank you for bringing this up and suggesting in OP.
Locked.
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down