Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto in Live Action

3 posters

Go down

Naruto in Live Action Empty Naruto in Live Action

Post by GreatKungLao Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:14 am

It's a pretty popular thing when it comes to a quesion "Which actors could play as characters from video game/manga/comics/anime/cartoons/books/etc.".

So I just wanted to create this thread, where you can share and discuss, which actors would you like to see play certain characters from Naruto, if there was a movie.

Here are my choices, that I've made a long time ago already. Consider that I've always imagine asians as Naruto characters, while reading the manga (accept Killer Bee, lol), don't ask me why.

Vincent Zhao (also known as Man Chiu Cheuk and Zhao Wen Zhuo) as Uzumaki Naruto:
Spoiler:
On this photo he already has suitable haircut, it needs only to become yellow and live action Naruto is ready. Vincent Zhao also a chinese martial artist, who is doing all tricks by himself. He has an awesome fighting scenes in his movies. The best thing you can watch with him is "Master of Tai Chi" TV series (25 episodes total).

Nicholas Tse as Uchiha Sasuke:
Spoiler:
The face, the look, hairs and martial arts skills. He has everything to look and play as Uchiha Sasuke in my opinion.

Shu Qi as Hyuuga Hinata:
Spoiler:

Just look. I don't know if I have to say anything.

Ziyi Zhang as Haruno Sakura:
Spoiler:
A little of pink color for her hairs and we have Sakura for movie.

Takeshi Kaneshiro as Uchiha Obito:
Spoiler:
He just reminds me of him too much if you look at this picture.

What about you?
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Naruto in Live Action Empty Re: Naruto in Live Action

Post by ClassyLPS Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:19 am

Hehehe. That last one looks like an asian Doctor Who.
I've always thought about this but I could never pick any actors. I'm indecisive.
I know it's one thing to find a person that looks like the character, and it's another to find a look-a-like that is actually an actor.
Good job. Naruto in Live Action 2697176399
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:33 am

You know...I remember the Dragon Ball live action movie. The word "disaster" doesn't quite capture how bad it was.

To be honest, there are huge issues with transferring anime to live action. They are not easy to tackle.

A)It's hard for it to not look cheap, every attempt so far has failed to really capture what the anime/manga did and the CG required to make it look believable will make it look silly.

B)It's hard to capture what is currently 13000 pages of manga into a 2 hour movie.

C)Producers and directors who work with live action typically have zero experience even watching anime/manga. Let alone making the content themselves. This shows in the final product, painfully so usually.

D)It would have to differentiate itself from countless other asian fighting movies, even if all these above conditions were dealt with.

In my honest opinion, the only way to effectively capture the story of Naruto in live action and make it good would be to strip down a ton of lore, characters, and jutsu. And effectively boil it down to the bare story and build it back up from there.

The script would indeed recount Naruto journey in the Manga, but it would have to rewrite quite a few things just for the sake of good storywriting as well. The manga was written in a way to accommodate a huge story over the course of years. The movie would have to take liberties with the story to tell one in 2 hours.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:45 am

engetsu wrote:You know...I remember the Dragon Ball live action movie. The word "disaster" doesn't quite capture how bad it was.

To be honest, there are huge issues with transferring anime to live action. They are not easy to tackle.

A)It's hard for it to not look cheap, every attempt so far has failed to really capture what the anime/manga did and the CG required to make it look believable will make it look silly.

B)It's hard to capture what is currently 13000 pages of manga into a 2 hour movie.

C)Producers and directors who work with live action typically have zero experience even watching anime/manga. Let alone making the content themselves. This shows in the final product, painfully so usually.

D)It would have to differentiate itself from countless other asian fighting movies, even if all these above conditions were dealt with.

In my honest opinion, the only way to effectively capture the story of Naruto in live action and make it good would be to strip down a ton of lore, characters, and jutsu. And effectively boil it down to the bare story and build it back up from there.

The script would indeed recount Naruto journey in the Manga, but it would have to rewrite quite a few things just for the sake of good storywriting as well. The manga was written in a way to accommodate a huge story over the course of years. The movie would have to take liberties with the story to tell one in 2 hours.
Well, there shouldn't be just one movie after all =) (Star Wars has six). Or better - it could be TV series. If there would be one like that with, let's say, 10 seasons with 10-20 episodes each, then it could work.

As for over-the-top action - Man of Steel proved, that it can be created in a live action movie and look badass, where just two characters could shatter Earth in half and you can actually feel that strength.

As for DB Evolution - in my perfect tsukuyomi world it doesn't exist =D

Still, the main point of this thread is just to play with your imagination and share, which actor do you think would be a perfect "put any character's name" in a movie.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:04 am

GreatKungLao wrote:
engetsu wrote:You know...I remember the Dragon Ball live action movie. The word "disaster" doesn't quite capture how bad it was.

Well, there shouldn't be just one movie after all =) (Star Wars has six). Or better - it could be TV series. If there would be one like that with, let's say, 10 seasons with 10-20 episodes each, then it could work.

As for over-the-top action - Man of Steel proved, that it can be created in a live action movie and look badass, where just two characters could shatter Earth in half and you can actually feel that strength.

As for DB Evolution - in my perfect tsukuyomi world it doesn't exist =D

Still, the main point of this thread is just to play with your imagination and share, which actor do you think would be a perfect "put any character's name" in a movie.

Okay, how about...

Naruto:

Spoiler:

Sasuke:

Spoiler:

Sakura:

Spoiler:

Orochimaru
Spoiler:

Madara

Spoiler:

That's what I got so far...