Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sailor Moon

+2
Irielo
Yamasaki Akaiko
6 posters

Go down

Sailor Moon Empty Sailor Moon

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 am

This is a big year for Sailor Moon fans (particularly in the US). Viz is going to dubbing the original Sailor Moon anime (including Stars which had never been dubbed in English) and will be releasing it this year. I think that they're already airing the Japanese version on Mondays.

Of course, the new anime, Sailor Moon Crystal, is going to debut next month as well.

So, I was just wondering if there are any other Moonies here.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Empty Re: Sailor Moon

Post by Irielo Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:03 am

Oh dear! I have to confess something... I feel really bad about it and I would like to correct this bad. I've started to watch Japanese anime when I was 5-6 years old (1986-1987). I grew up in a place where we had the opportunity to watch one French channel despite not being French ourselves...

On this channel, there was a program for kids with loads of Japanese anime... I was (and still am) a fan of Dragonball, DBZ, Maison Ikkoku, Saint Seiya, Hokkuto No Ken, Captain Tsubasa and others...

Then came a time where on this kids' program, they started to do polls every week to know which anime was the most successful. I was quite pissed to see that Sailor Moon was often on the top (1990ies), sometimes even in front of DBZ or Saint Seiya. I could not hold it anymore that I stopped to watch the Sailor Moon episodes only to "sack"/"sabotage" them.

Well, now, I guess I've missed something. Anyway, if once I could catch up with again, I would read the Manga first.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:32 am

We're basically the same age. The only one of those series that I know that I also watched is DBZ (until I got bored with it... I know followed DBZ long enough to ship Gohan/Videl). DBZ was much more popular than Sailor Moon in the sense that it got to continue a lot more and be shown a lot more here.

I know part of the reason Sailor Moon became so huge to me was that they stopped the series in the middle of the second season and then took forever to continue it (Sailor Moon had to get on Cartoon Network for that). I ended up reading the Sailor Moon manga to get the story... and many changes by the anime annoyed me even if they did make it so that all the characters not named "Sailor Moon" got a lot more attention due to those changes (reminds me of the Naruto series actually...). Sailor Venus had her own manga and therefore there's a lot of stuff on her between the Sailor V and Sailor Moon series combined that the other soldiers don't have though.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 pm

I have a confession to make, most times I am too proud to even admit it, I watch Sailor Moon, I must admit it is a really cool series, wonder what the directors will do with the Crystal series.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:50 am

^

i watched it as well. Been over 10 years since i have though.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:48 am

I'm a Moonie! Sailor Moon was my show you guys. I'd come home every day at 4:00pm when I got out of school, park myself in front of the television and watched it. My fam knew it was my Sailor Moon time and where I was. xD

I did end up getting into another anime a bit later around that time and did not finish the show then. A few years ago I rewatched the series all the way up to when the English Dub stopped and the Japanese sub began. I pretty much made it my mission to finish that series, and I did. :)

Now my childhood is back and I am so excite! Sailor Moon 1524285581

I've been watching it every time it comes out, I love the new beat and how its sticking as closely as possible to the manga. I did know I wasn't a huge fan of Mamoru/Usagi in the English Dub, but seeing them again in the new series, I have a newfound appreciation for them, they are really sweet. <3

I can't wait for the next episode because my girl Jupiter is stepping onto the scene! <333

/*fangirling*
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Yes, embrace the Sailor Moon love ;)

There's a huge difference in how the relationship between Usagi/Mamoru is presented in the anime (to me, there's not that much difference between the DiC/Cloverway presentation than the Japanese original) versus the manga (and Crystal is mainly following the manga version of their relationship).

I'm curious how close Crystal is going to stay to the manga version of their love story. I'm very excited over the obvious change going on with the Dark Kingdom Generals--as Jadeite has lived longer than he would've if following the original anime or the manga in full. I didn't really follow the live-action (where I believe the Generals did survive all the way through if what I heard about it is correct).
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dianahinkle Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:51 pm

The new sailor moon series has honestly exceeded my expectations. I mean so many senshiXshitennou hints it makes my shipping heart go Sailor Moon 195309866
I can't wait for the new episode!!!
Dianahinkle
Dianahinkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 am

^Yes! I feel the same ^_^
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:35 pm

Yeah i am amazed at how cool the series looks myself, really like the presentation so far.

i guess now that the series is getting some major attention they might end up hitting off with another season which i will be certain to watch.

Even my friend who is a major Sailor Moon fan is very impressed with the presentation of this new series.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down