Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best

+5
Mustang
lily567
Batokusanagi
Irielo
phoenixmiko
9 posters

Go down

Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best Empty Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best

Post by phoenixmiko Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:49 am

Hinata wants to walk with Naruto forever whether or not he loves her back. I think that’s beautiful. Not to mention selfless (unlike what detractors are saying, especially about what her thoughts were in this week's chapter). Her desire is to stay by his side so she is willing to work hard not to fall behind and to keep up with him. She will do whatever it takes to keep him safe and happy, regardless of how he feels about her.

For Hinata, having her love returned is not a priority and is most likely a notion she does not consider to be even remotely possible, despite how much she wishes for it to come true deep down.

Naruto has acknowledged her existence, appreciated what she has done for him, accepted and believed her confession of love, vowed on her blood to win for her sake, given her his ninja way, saved her many times, felt grief and rage over her supposed death at the hands of Pain and shaped her into the person she is today. He has done many more things for her too. A lot more than Hinata has ever dared hope for.

As such, she is happy to love him from afar. She’s grateful for everything he’s done and said to her. Being by his side for the rest of her life is all she wants and the least she feels she can do to repay him. Hinata knows he’ll let her walk with him and hold his hand.

That is why, as a NaruHina shipper, I think that maybe, just maybe, Naruto will surprise her by reciprocating her feelings. He’ll ask her not only to stay by his side and walk with him forever as a close friend and a comrade but also as someone precious to him; to hold his hand and never let go as lover, girlfriend and wife would and to grow old with him.

When Naruto becomes Hokage, Hinata will be by his side as a soulmate and his wife. Or maybe his girlfriend and future fiancee. Either way, that is what all this NaruHina foreshadowing is most likely leading to and this week’s chapter reinforces that possibility.

Naruto won't be settling for second best. He never has. To state or imply that he would is an insult to his character, to Hinata, to her love for him and to how he views the Hyuuga heiress. Hinata is not second best nor is she a third wheel. She will not be used by the jinchuuriki or be the subject of a rebound. Again, to even entertain such a notion would be to undermine both characters and their bond with one another.

When Naruto gets together with her or is shown to be in the midst of it, or even when it is stated he has already done so, it will be because he loves her romantically and because she is one of the most precious and important people to him; nothing to do with her being the alternative to Sakura or any other girl, him being on the rebound, her being second best, him being forced or feeling obligated to be with her, her being nothing but a trophy wife, him wanting to resurrect the Uzumaki clan with a suitable partner, her being the heiress to a powerful and well-known clan or any other ludicrous reasons detractors make up out of thin air. It will simply be because their development as a pairing has led to them being together forever and because their lives are one.
phoenixmiko

Back to top Go down

Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best Empty Re: Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best

Post by Irielo Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 am

Well written and impressive! Nothing to add to that.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best Empty Re: Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best

Post by Batokusanagi Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:10 pm

A few points of disagreement:
For Hinata, having her love returned is not a priority and is most likely a notion she does not consider to be even remotely possible, despite how much she wishes for it to come true deep down.
Having her feelings returned is a priority to her which is why in 573 she says she'll holding Naruto hand and walking with him and that after the war she'll stop chasing after him. Clearly her purpose isn't only for Naruto to know her feelings, but she also wants to take mutual romantic actions with him (e.g holding his hand and walking by his side).

I also don't think she thought Naruto returning her feelings wasn't even "remotely possible", certainly not after 573. She wouldn't have been so confident in 573 that she'd holding his hand and that she will stop chasing after him after the war. She, also, wouldn't be shown being even more confident about being with Naruto forever if she, deep down or whatever, though that it was impossible that Naruto could reciprocate.

That's why I think she'll find Naruto reciprocating very satisfying (a dream come true), but not surprising.
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 pm

phoenixmiko wrote:Hinata wants to walk with Naruto forever whether or not he loves her back. I think that’s beautiful. Not to mention selfless (unlike what detractors are saying, especially about what her thoughts were in this week's chapter). Her desire is to stay by his side so she is willing to work hard not to fall behind and to keep up with him. She will do whatever it takes to keep him safe and happy, regardless of how he feels about her.

Naruto has acknowledged her existence, appreciated what she has done for him, accepted and believed her confession of love, vowed on her blood to win for her sake, given her his ninja way, saved her many times, felt grief and rage over her supposed death at the hands of Pain and shaped her into the person she is today. He has done many more things for her too. A lot more than Hinata has ever dared hope for.

As such, she is happy to love him from afar. She’s grateful for everything he’s done and said to her. Being by his side for the rest of her life is all she wants and the least she feels she can do to repay him. Hinata knows he’ll let her walk with him and hold his hand.

That is why, as a NaruHina shipper, I think that maybe, just maybe, Naruto will surprise her by reciprocating her feelings. He’ll ask her not only to stay by his side and walk with him forever as a close friend and a comrade but also as someone precious to him; to hold his hand and never let go as lover, girlfriend and wife would and to grow old with him.

When Naruto becomes Hokage, Hinata will be by his side as a soulmate and his wife. Or maybe his girlfriend and future fiancee. Either way, that is what all this NaruHina foreshadowing is most likely leading to and this week’s chapter reinforces that possibility.

Naruto won't be settling for second best. He never has. To state or imply that he would is an insult to his character, to Hinata, to her love for him and to how he views the Hyuuga heiress. Hinata is not second best nor is she a third wheel. She will not be used by the jinchuuriki or be the subject of a rebound. Again, to even entertain such a notion would be to undermine both characters and their bond with one another.

When Naruto gets together with her or is shown to be in the midst of it, or even when it is stated he has already done so, it will be because he loves her romantically and because she is one of the most precious and important people to him; nothing to do with her being the alternative to Sakura or any other girl, him being on the rebound, her being second best, him being forced or feeling obligated to be with her, her being nothing but a trophy wife, him wanting to resurrect the Uzumaki clan with a suitable partner, her being the heiress to a powerful and well-known clan or any other ludicrous reasons detractors make up out of thin air. It will simply be because their development as a pairing has led to them being together forever and because their lives are one.
I agree with you
naruto is no longer a child anymore, he is maturing a lot(even tho he still tends to be an idiot sometimes) and all of that is thanks to hinata's support from the beginning. she showed him and visa versa that she acknowledged him and she understood him and that she is willing to cheer him up, to make him smile, to help him do his best as well as to help him believe in himself like how did to her. she loves him like no other, he may not be as perfect as other shinobi but he showed her his worth by not giving up and that even when you fail, you should always get back up.
naruto is aware of hinata's love for him and also the lengths she is making to make him happy, to protect him, to help him succeed. the same way naruto changed hinata, hinata changed naruto. her constantly being supportive and showing how tremendously she cares for him and is willing to do anything to help him achieve his dream and the biggest one is turning him into a man .
when naruto becomes hokage and chooses hinata it isn't as you mentioned above that he felt obliged to her. he chose her because he is mature enough to know that the woman he wants/needs by his side is someone who has been giving him everything (love,support,care,tenderness,believing in him, willingness to put her life on the line for him to protect him) and also the woman that has been in his heart all along.(btw, I think hinata has been in his heart all along but it needs developing some more)

lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Well there are a few things I do agree with you on, but I do disagree with Hinata not having her love returned, especially since she has made it very clear that she will spend the rest of her life at Naruto's side and for that to really happen, Naruto does need to reciprocate. when I think about it Naruto is much closer to reciprocating Hinata's love for him than he was at the start of the series.

Kishi has been throwing in some tidbits every now and then to show us that A) Hinata has the intention to be with Naruto and hold his hand while walking through the village, B) remember the first time they held hands, him softly smiling at her and squeezing her hand (which might I add, is closer to a reciprocation then Sakura's Skull Bash) C) the willingness to put it all on the line and lastly, D) she has made it perfectly clear to Naruto that she wants to be with him forever.

Hinata not only seeks Naruto's acknowledgement, but also wants Naruto to love her in return, and as I pointed out, Naruto is closer to reciprocating Hinata's love him.

remember chapters 437, 559, 573, 614, 615, 633 and most recently 649, in almost every one of those chapters alone we see Hinata saying she wants to be with Naruto, so in reality a reciprocation is very important to her and her character.

here is the question, why have a character in love with Naruto from the start? only to destroy the development between the two if Naruto says nothing? sure his actions are louder than words, but when he does say something, he means every letter of it, so for him to say he loves Hinata, it will be a moment that will come with great joy.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 pm

We'll said, also nothing to add. Thanks for sharing; was a great read. I also agree with Bato's disagreement as Hinata clearly does want to stop chasing after him... You even said it yourself, Hinata becoming his soulmate/someone to grow with Naruto to a old age is obviously being settled in a place she wants to be. So the feelings being returned to Hinata is definitely a priority hinata wants to achieve by keeping up and trying hard (:

Anyway thanks for sharing again ^_^
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:36 am

Naruto will not end up with Hinata because he did not have any other choice. Him being the hero of the leaf and probably of the war, his popularity might enable him to get several possibilities regarding romance...

But Naruto has already proved that he rejects superficiality (fakefession). He knows that he needs someone who will love him in his high and in his low times... and his heart is naturally driving him to the person who can provide him the best for his life.

Thanks to this person, Hinata, Naruto could evolve in a positive way during his whole life and surprisingly, she was there when he was completely down to boost his moral and to make the best out of it.

Naruto is or has realizing/realized that his heart is connected to Hinata's heart. Would he have been so influenced by her and her words if that was not the case?
He is not someone who would lie to himself and he now knows what true love is.

He even does not have to chose because his and Hinata's hearts are already one.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkhope Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Great post. Although Hinata having her feelings returned is something she wants.

Also, I really don't see the big deal in Hinata saying she wants to stay by Naruto's side.   Kishimoto is just reminding us, yet AGAIN, how this girl is going for it. She's not backing down. Hinata is no longer the shy girl from part one. To me it's just the author emphasizing NaruHina is endgame. Of course we would all like more Naru -> Hina. But truthfully speaking I think 615 is the most we will get until after the war when the rest of Hinata's vow comes true.

Anyone find it ironic that Hinata thinks about being by Naruto's side after his future is talked about?
Darkhope
Darkhope

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Darkhope wrote:
Anyone find it ironic that Hinata thinks about being by Naruto's side after his future is talked about?
Yeah but I didn't really bring It up as I also had a feeling that, that happening was coincidence. Anyone else? Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best 3725747089 
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Azuula wrote:
Darkhope wrote:
Yeah but I didn't really bring It up as I also had a feeling that, that happening was coincidence. Anyone else? Selfless Love That Is Not Second Best 3725747089 
And that's not the first time. It was the same at the end of chapter 647. Naruto decides not to "look back" bot to look forward and there's a panel with Hinata next to his.

http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/Naruto/Naruto-647/page-22
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 pm

^ oh that's pretty true... But Kishi is too unpredictable so who knows if it was coinsedence of not xD
I don't see it as an coinsedence as he specifically picked Hinata to say something :)
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:05 pm

I can't believe in coincidence when it is in the fictional story, since artist has preparation time to think a lot of things beforehand and write things in a way they should be by his will and not by coincidence.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:25 pm

^lol true. Very true.
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 am

That was really well and beautifully said phoenix miko. I agree 100%.

And to Darkhope's point, I don't think any of that was a coincidence. After everything that's been building up, there's no way that's a coincidence, but with Kishimoto there's no telling XD
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down