Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh.

+15
Bubbles
JulaShona
phoenixmiko
funnyface
Irielo
eromreven
Zori
kagome1991
Strawberry
NekoKimio
Icarus
Yamasaki Akaiko
The Merchant
CoolChels
ClassyLPS
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh. Empty Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh.

Post by ClassyLPS Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Anybody got any phobias?

I have Acrophobia, which is a fear of heights,
Achluophobia, a fear of the dark, (don't laugh at me.. <xD)
Asthenophobia, a fear of fainting or weakness. (For me it's the fainting..)

So anybody else got any phobias? :p
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh. Empty Re: Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh.

Post by CoolChels Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Well don't know about phobia, but I do like to sleep with my lamp on just don't like sleeping in the dark or being in it.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh. Empty Re: Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh.

Post by ClassyLPS Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Close enough. xD
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merchant Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 am

I was scared of the dark for an embarrassingly long time, but by now it doesn't affect me anymore.  

I've never gotten over my fear of heights.
The Merchant
The Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 am

Heights and water (nearly drowned when I was young & never got over it)--that's about it.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Icarus Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:18 am

A man without fear is a man without hope. 

Yeah, I've got a few fears, dying alone or before others I love is the main one though.
Icarus
Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:04 am

Ever since I watched Dark Skies, my fear of the dark has come back. I usually stay away from all horror films, but this was just a sci-fi movie about an alien abduction and it still scared the hell out of me.
I also have a fear of strong wind.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:14 pm

I know I saw that movie too and it creeped me the heck out. Makes you think what could be lurking and thats also why I like there being light.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm terrified of the deep ocean water. Not really of drowning, since I can handle deep pools well and I'm a good swimmer, but the thought of being in the middle of the ocean floating creeps me out.

Also, earthquakes. Even the smallest quakes terrify me. Yeah... I'm a wimp.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Strawberry wrote:I'm terrified of the deep ocean water. Not really of drowning, since I can handle deep pools well and I'm a good swimmer, but the thought of being in the middle of the ocean floating creeps me out.

Also, earthquakes. Even the smallest quakes terrify me. Yeah... I'm a wimp.

THE OCEAN ALONE SCARES ME. I know what you mean though, about being in the middle of a body of water. I live by a lake so occasionally we'll go tubing. I'll fall off and I'm in the middle of the lake and it's really creepy to have to wait on the boat to pull back around so you can get back on the tube. Plus, I live in Louisiana and we happen to have alligators in our lake, even though they're not common in the parts where I was tubing. But they are there, I mean I'll be driving to work and I'll see one in a concrete gutter on the side of the road. D: I'd take alligators in the lake over sharks(AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE) in the middle of the ocean anyday though.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:25 pm

It is scary imaging being in the middle like that knowing that there are things down there that colud grab and eat you!!
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:15 pm

I don't like the ocean that much.. Even at the beach. I took a trip to Boracy, and went snorkeling, I was swimming and a wave hit and I swallowed a bunch of seawater and my mouth was salty, my throat was burning so bad, and I gagged constantly almost throwing up. So after that experience I think I'd prefer the pool now..
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:31 pm

NekoKimio wrote:THE OCEAN ALONE SCARES ME. I know what you mean though, about being in the middle of a body of water. I live by a lake so occasionally we'll go tubing. I'll fall off and I'm in the middle of the lake and it's really creepy to have to wait on the boat to pull back around so you can get back on the tube. Plus, I live in Louisiana and we happen to have alligators in our lake, even though they're not common in the parts where I was tubing. But they are there, I mean I'll be driving to work and I'll see one in a concrete gutter on the side of the road. D: I'd take alligators in the lake over sharks(AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE) in the middle of the ocean anyday though.

That's exactly what I meant! And I know what you mean about tubing, it happened to me something similar while riding one of those banana boats. We fell off, and while we waited for the boat to get back and get us I freaked out. Luckily I wasn't alone, but we were so far off the coast that I started thinking about sharks and all types of fish. T-T

CoolChels wrote:It is scary imaging being in the middle like that knowing that there are things down there that colud grab and eat you!!
I know! D:
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah I have few phobias. I scared of deep water (almost drowned once and it's a horrible way to leave this world), clowns (they creep me the F**k out!), roaches, falling from high places (even though I love high places), um...I can't think of anything else..Oh wild animals that could kill me (even though I love animals).
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:22 pm

kagome1991 wrote:Yeah I have few phobias. I scared of deep water (almost drowned once and it's a horrible way to leave this world), clowns (they creep me the F**k out!), roaches, falling from high places (even though I love high places), um...I can't think of anything else..Oh wild animals that could kill me (even though I love animals).

I can definitely relate. Roaches are disgusting, evil, creepy, and other negative descriptions. Scum of the Earth.

I love high places as well, but I just have images in my head of me falling to my death and that sinking feeling. I wouldn't say I'm scared of heights, because in all reality of love heights, but I'm scared of other people pushing me off.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:30 pm

I can't stand pests myself and I remember drowning once in the deep part of the pool, but thankfully I can swim now.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Drowning in a sea of cockroaches would be gross. I'd rather be shot. xD
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:35 pm

I have a fetish....Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh. 3811092755 but for phobias?
Satan......i am so scared of that guy. I still have night lights to make sure he doesn't creep up in the dark corners in my room.Phobias, if you don't laugh, I won't laugh. 103481228
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words. Kind of random but yeah. xD
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:53 pm

I know, just the near mention of his name literally sent shivers down my spine and spooks me!!
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:58 am

NekoKimio wrote:I can definitely relate. Roaches are disgusting, evil, creepy, and other negative descriptions. Scum of the Earth.

I love high places as well, but I just have images in my head of me falling to my death and that sinking feeling. I wouldn't say I'm scared of heights, because in all reality of love heights, but I'm scared of other people pushing me off.

Oh yeah that's my point exactly.
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 pm

I didn't have a fear of heights until I was 17. I was doing some exercise thing in ROTC at an army base where we had to jump off of shit and basically conquer a fear of heights. I didn't have one yet. By the end of the day, though, we had to swing across a bunch of different rings to the other side, from one plat from to another. I slipped and fell and the guy who was holding my safety rope wasn't paying attention. I fell twenty feet, nearly hit the ground, and I hit a tree instead.

Thanks, Army guy.

I'm fine if I don't look down, though.

I'm also terrified of speeding in vehicles, especially trucks. I got in a really bad wreck and I almost killed me and my brother.
eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm afraid of spiders. I don't like to think that there is a spider around, somewhere in the room I'm sleeping.

But I like water as I come from a little island lost in the ocean. You should witness the power of the sea during or after a cyclone: magnificent.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyface Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:51 am

I'm scared of earthquakes.....Even tiny one's.Don't know why? and also drowning,,,i can't swim..
funnyface
funnyface

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixmiko Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 am

Irielo wrote:I'm afraid of spiders. I don't like to think that there is a spider around, somewhere in the room I'm sleeping.
Same here. I hate that. I have arachnophobia so I'm terrified of spiders. I used to be scared of them and found them creepy but it was not until about ten years or so ago that the fear became a phobia. I was still in junior school at the time.

It was like any other day, except the class were doing activities set out by the teacher both outside and inside classroom because of the nice weather. It was summer and the door was open to let the air in.  I was one of the children doing stuff outside. It was all going fine until I noticed several big long-legged spiders crawling around on the concrete where I stood. I looked up and realised there were lots of them. The creatures were swarming the area.

I froze in horror.

Around me, the other children were screaming and panicking. There were spiders everywhere; climbing the walls, creeping up the classroom windows, scuttling across the ground. Like my classmates, they were coming from all directions. The majority of the spiders were huge.

The reality of what was happening hit me. There were so many spiders. Too many. I couldn't escape.

Terror and panic overwhelmed me and I could do nothing but scream at the top of my lungs.  

It wasn't until the teacher rushed out to what the matter was and stopped the other children from running about like headless chickens that I was able to  take refuge inside. I remained in my seat even after the teacher had shooed away most of the spiders. Even after the incident had long passed, I dreaded going out into that area again whenever we had lessons outside.

Ever since, I have been scared to death of spiders. I think someone disturbed a nest of arachnids that day. I had never seen so many before. Overexposure made the phobia emerge.

I also have a phobia of craneflies; the flies which look like giant mosquitoes. Does anyone know the name for a phobia of these insects? A similar thing happened with them. I had been scared of the flies ever since I had first seen one on the landing in the family home one summer but was not terrified of the insects until I saw too many at once when I was young. It traumatised me. As such, I dread the coming of summer and shudder at the thought of having to endure the terror until winter finally arrives. Where I live in England, craneflies usually emerge during the summer and do not die out until it becomes too cold for them to thrive (mild winters are the worst though because the blighters survive for longer). Four months of torture and living in constant fear that they will fly into my room or the shower room.

I can't even look at photographs of spiders or craneflies, let alone watch films or play any games where they are featured. I constantly check any room I enter for those insects, including those in public places such as toilets. If I don't check to see if there are any, my anxiety worsens. But when I do find spiders or craneflies, I refuse to return to that place until it is completely cleared. Even then I am wary when I go back there, having been traumatised before. The experiences haunt me.
phoenixmiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next