Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racefan1992s Auto Racing Onboard Extravaganza

4 posters

Go down

Racefan1992s Auto Racing Onboard Extravaganza Empty Racefan1992s Auto Racing Onboard Extravaganza

Post by racefan1992 Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:55 am

I've been meaning to do this thread for awhile, so here it is. From racing series (ones that i know of and can find) all over the world. Will add to this overtime.

Note: Any crashes shown here WILL BE non-fatal and no injuries suffer by drivers involved. Also some language is used.

NASCAR:

GT cars (and the like):

Formula 1 (late 80's early 90's):

Time Trials (single car runs too make the fastest time possible, also includes street cars):

Great displays of driving:

Last edited by Azuula on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 29 times in total (Reason for editing : removed 1 from Formula 1)
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Racefan1992s Auto Racing Onboard Extravaganza Empty Re: Racefan1992s Auto Racing Onboard Extravaganza

Post by lily567 Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:03 am

hmm very interesting
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Racefan1992s Auto Racing Onboard Extravaganza Empty Re: Racefan1992s Auto Racing Onboard Extravaganza

Post by Irielo Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:41 pm

I don't know a lot about auto racing... The only one I follow sometimes is Formula 1. My favorite racers were Ayrton Senna (RIP) and Michael Schumacher. I don't know if that's the right place to talk about it but what happened to Schumi some months ago (accident while skying) is really sad. He is one of the best racer of all times and a legend in F1, a sport, which can sometimes be very dangerous and he never had such injuries there like the ones he is now suffering from.

I hope he will recover completely.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:55 am

Irielo wrote:I don't know a lot about auto racing... The only one I follow sometimes is Formula 1. My favorite racers were Ayrton Senna (RIP) and Michael Schumacher. I don't know if that's the right place to talk about it but what happened to Schumi some months ago (accident while skying) is really sad. He is one of the best racer of all times and a legend in F1, a sport, which can sometimes be very dangerous and he never had such injuries there like the ones he is now suffering from.

I hope he will recover completely.

I know who Schumacher is, i watched F1 from 1996 to 2006. I became a fan of Senna after he passed, so i never got too see him drive in person. Schumacher i got too see plenty of times, i don't doubt skill and talent but i doubt his blocking at times (i thought the FIA had a rule against it but Schumi got the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time.) Yes his skiing accident is horrible but i hear he is making small improvements.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:13 pm

racefan1992 wrote:I know who Schumacher is, i watched F1 from 1996 to 2006. I became a fan of Senna after he passed, so i never got too see him drive in person. Schumacher i got too see plenty of times, i don't doubt skill and talent but i doubt his blocking at times (i thought the FIA had a rule against it but Schumi got the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time.) Yes his skiing accident is  horrible but i hear he is making small improvements.

His blocking in fact showed how talented he was to prevent the others to get in front of him and he did it subtly enough not to be caught... lol. But what I absolutely hate sometimes is when one stable decides who should win in a race. Two years ago during the championship, RedBull-Renault was the top team and both racers, Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber had their chances. Then there was a Grand Prix (I forgot which one) where Webber was in front and he was going to win but he got orders from his stable to let Vettel pass in front...

Really disgusting because before, RB's philosophy was to be 1st no matter who wins for the stable but with time. things started to change and I guess they wanted to make new records as Vettel is the youngest F1 racer who won a F1 championship. Anyway, it will be more difficult this year for him because Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are dominating the championship right now and both are big rivals as well.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 am

Irielo wrote:
racefan1992 wrote:I know who Schumacher is, i watched F1 from 1996 to 2006. I became a fan of Senna after he passed, so i never got too see him drive in person. Schumacher i got too see plenty of times, i don't doubt skill and talent but i doubt his blocking at times (i thought the FIA had a rule against it but Schumi got the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time.) Yes his skiing accident is  horrible but i hear he is making small improvements.

His blocking in fact showed how talented he was to prevent the others to get in front of him and he did it subtly enough not to be caught... lol. But what I absolutely hate sometimes is when one stable decides who should win in a race. Two years ago during the championship, RedBull-Renault was the top team and both racers, Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber had their chances. Then there was a Grand Prix (I forgot which one) where Webber was in front and he was going to win but he got orders from his stable to let Vettel pass in front...

Really disgusting because before, RB's philosophy was to be 1st no matter who wins for the stable but with time. things started to change and I guess they wanted to make new records as Vettel is the youngest F1 racer who won a F1 championship. Anyway, it will be more difficult this year for him because Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are dominating the championship right now and both are big rivals as well.

Team orders have been in F1 since it was formed, cost Sterling Moss a couple of world titles. Vettel is young enough too re-write the record books (well he has already done that). "The red team" are the kings of team orders. Rosberg didn't seem too happy the podium last race, team orders much?

BTW Lewis Hamliton did a "ride swap" with NASCAR driver Tony Stewert, if you wish too see it i'll post it.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:58 am

racefan1992 wrote:
Spoiler:

Team orders have been in F1 since it was formed, cost Sterling Moss a couple of world titles. Vettel is young enough too re-write the record books (well he has already done that). "The red team" are the kings of team orders. Rosberg didn't seem too happy the podium last race, team orders much?

BTW Lewis Hamliton did a "ride swap" with NASCAR driver Tony Stewert, if you wish too see it i'll post it.

That's the problem actually because I know that's the philosophy of most of the teams but some years ago the managers of the RB team said that they did not care about who is the winner. The most important for them was to see a RB in front and that was something I respected. Unfortunately, they came back on their words...

You can post the video. The only problem that I have is, my internet connexion can break at any moment especially while watching videos... Anyway Hamilton won his third race in a raw in China today. I don't know much about NASCAR because it is not something I could see on TV where I come from and even where I live now, unlike F1... But when I was a kid, one of my favorite movie was "Days of thunder". And thanks to that film, I could get a glimpse of what NASCAR is. I know there are some video games too but it has been ages since I've played one...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:40 am

Here it is:
Spoiler:

BTW Tony Stewert in 2011 won his 3rd NASCAR Cup series title, becoming the 9th driver too win 3 or more Cup titles and has added more wins since then.

While Days of Thunder is a good moive (loosely based on Tim Richmonds life), paints NASCAR in kinda of a bad light. NASCAR isn't that way anymore.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Here are the videos racefan-kun wanted to share:

Spoiler:
updated in the thread OP
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum