Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Go down

NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Strawberry on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:21 pm

We all ship and love NaruHina, and I think it’s time for us to explain the reasons why we prefer it over NarSak. In this thread, you may feel free to compare both pairings, explaining why it is that NaruHina is better than NarSak for you.

All forum rules apply of course, and since this isn’t the Anti-NarSak section, I will ask you guys to keep NarSak bashing to a minimum, or rather avoid it altogether. Let’s keep in mind that there might be some members who are multi-shippers and avoid the Anti-NarSak section.

I’ll start. There are literally many reasons why I prefer NaruHina over NarSak. I’ll try to explain most of them here.

I- Screen-time =/= Romantic Development  

When it comes to romantic development, I’d say NaruHina surpasses NarSak by a long shot. NarSak has more screen-time, but when it comes to romantic development, it practically has none. All that screen-time actually harms NarSak, because it has had many chances to start a romantic relationship, but nothing has happened. Sakura is still as annoyed by Naruto’s girlfriend comments as she was in day 1. In comparison, NaruHina has had less screen-time, but better romantic development.  After Hinata’s confession, their interactions have been meaningful. It’s slowly but surely developing in a nice and sweet way. Talking through their eyes and holding hands are mutual moments that have NaruHina in the right path, and contrary to NarSak, Naruto doesn’t seem turned off by Hinata like Sakura is by Naruto.

II- Love Confessions  

In the love confession department, NaruHina is also better than NarSak. Hinata’s confession had an impact on Naruto, and he’s been shown remembering the situation in a good light. There’s no reply yet, but Hinata never asked for one. Naruto hasn’t rejected it either, and is responding positively to Hinata’s advancements instead. In comparison, Sai confessed for Naruto, and it wasn’t his place to do so. Sakura felt guilty, and went on and tried to force herself to love Naruto. He completely rejected her advancements because he knew she wasn’t being honest. The whole situation was completely wrong. The NaruHina confession was sincere and not planned. The NarSak confession was false and it was planned for the wrong reasons.

III- Mutual Moments  

NarSak has no mutual moments. None. Hug wasn’t mutual, feeding scene wasn’t mutual, the failfession wasn’t mutual, etc. I can’t remember one scene that was mutual between these two. With NaruHina, we have the proud failure speech in part 1, the in your eyes moment and hand holding in part 2. All were mutual scenes that could have a romantic undertone.

IV- Relevant?  

There’s also the fact that even though Sakura is important to Naruto, she’s not relevant to his character nor to his development. I’m not trying to downplay her importance in Team 7 as a whole, since that is Naruto’s family. I’m just saying that Sakura as an individual has no major impact in Naruto. In comparison, we all know how important Naruto is for Hinata’s development, and for her as a character. I really don’t see Sakura being to Naruto what he is to Hinata.

V- Understanding   

Naruto and Hinata have been able to understand each other’s struggles since very early in the series. Hinata understood how hard he worked and how difficult it was for Naruto to believe in himself, while Naruto understood Hinata’s struggle to be acknowledged by her own clan. Their ninja way reinforces that understanding, and it’s only gotten stronger over time. Naruto is able to tell what is wrong with Hinata just by looking at her eyes, and Hinata is able to encourage Naruto and reassure him that his words are not a lie. In NarSak, the only thing they understand perfectly about each other, is missing Sasuke. And even then, Sakura at one moment gave up on all of that. She overlooked how important Sasuke was for Naruto as well, and tried to do everything on her own. Likewise, Naruto hasn’t shown that he understands how important it is for Sakura to be useful in battle. How hard she’s been training so that she can catch up to him and Sasuke. Instead of encouraging that, he sends her to the back to rest and heal people, and she still has to explain herself to him. It’s funny that even with all the screen-time in the world, Naruto and Sakura don’t have the same level of understanding Naruto and Hinata do.

VI- Miscellaneous  

• Sakura has rejected Naruto countless times, Naruto has never rejected Hinata.
• Sakura has caused Naruto pain, Naruto hasn’t caused Hinata any pain.
• Sakura’s love for Sasuke was confirmed very recently, Naruto’s feelings for Sakura remained ambiguous and seem to be fading.
• NaruHina has been getting a lot of moments in this war, NarSak only got a comment that was used to re-live nostalgia and was referred to as a joke.

Sorry for the LAP. That’s all I got for now. Post away! I want to see the reasons all of you have to prefer NaruHina over NarSak, and the comparisons you’ll make.
 

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥️

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Well done for that Strawberry! And I don't find anything to put on the top of it, maybe one point: that Naruto is starting to realize that a crush mixed with friendship is not automatically romantic love.

He is becoming mature and knows better how to separate true (Hinata Confession) and false (Sakura fakefession). He acknowledges now how Hinata is important in his life, and that she has always been there for him.

I like how you described the quality of NH moments compare to the quantity of NS moments. I'm meaning that NS moments remain only friendship moments, whereas NH moments are always so intense, tender and give always a feeling of privacy through words and body language (eyes for instance).

+1R

_________________
avatar
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by meow69 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:47 pm

You summed it up pretty nicely Strawberry. I how ever will add a few things
1. Naruto's and Hinata's personalities do not conflict with each others they compliment each others.
Hinata and Naruto are both strong and at times stubborn. They both are shown to both be kindhearted almost to a fault. Hinata how ever is soft spoken at times but at the same time not afraid to speak her mind if need be. Naruto is a hyperactive loudmouth at times. Together they balance out.

2. They both have always believed in each other and encouraged each other.

to contrast that to Naruto and Sakura.

1.Both of them have explosive tempers at times. Naruto is strong and stubborn. While Sakura has pretty much always depended on Naruto or Sasuke to accomplish things. She has self doubts and allows them to influence her actions many times. Naruto rarely doubts himself and when he does he works harder to overcome those doubts.

2. Sakura I think has believed in Naruto truly only as long as most of the rest of the Village. Right after he took down Pain.

Just my thoughts though
avatar
meow69


Posts : 177
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Aelita on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Naruhina truly became my OTP when I realized how beneficial Naruhina would be for Naruto as well as Hinata. When I first got into Naruto back around 2005 Naruto was my favorite character and I felt very protective of him.

Although Naruto has had feelings for Sakura, he has never stated that winning her heart was one of his goals. That is only a speculation by fans. What I saw was Naruto having unrequited feelings for Sakura, that often hurt him. Despite being around Naruto all the time and seeing him at his best and at his worse, ultimately Sakura didn't return his feelings. And it’s perfectly okay that Sakura doesn't have feelings for Naruto, she’s not obligated to. It’s not her fault that she loves Sasuke, the heart wants what the heart wants. While I have my issues with Sasusaku, its clear to me that  Sakura’s serious about her love for Sasuke through her actions. At the same time, Naruto is the only one of the big 3 to show signs of possibly moving on. Naruto has repeatedly acknowledged and accepted that Sakura is in love with Sasuke, which means he also accepts the fact that Sakura may never return his feelings making it impossible for them to be together. During the false confession, even though Sakura was lying when she said she loved Naruto, she was legitimately offering him a romantic relationship if he had accepted. However, Naruto rejected it not wanting to be in a relationship that was based on a lie. As proven by the false confession, Sakura's love for someone else would always overshadow any romantic relationship the two would enter.

All I wanted was for Naruto to find love with someone who truly loved him for who he was, which I felt like Sakura couldn't do due to being in love with someone else. Then came along Hinata who was just that. In her “proud failure” speech she revealed that she had a deep understanding of Naruto’s character. She recognizes and says that he’s not perfect and makes mistakes (proving she’s not simply idolizing him, she knows he’s flawed) but what attracts her to Naruto is his ability to pick himself back up and keep going despite his failures. She saw the qualities that made Naruto so likable to the fans on her own. Naruto never had to prove himself to her like everyone else in the village. To me, Hinata had set up the best reasons to fall in love with someone out all all the pairings in the big 3. Hinata’s speech automatically gave Naruto confidence for his upcoming match against Neji. It made me realize how beneficial Naruhina could be for Naruto and made me a NH fan. Unlike Sakura with Naruto’s feelings, Naruto for the longest didn’t know how Hinata felt for him. Sakura always had some idea that Naruto had a thing for her, but would always reject him. So its not like Naruto has ever rejected the thought of being with Hinata, and if he does, I’ll accept it. I just want him to be happy. Although, I seriously doubt that Naruto's going to end up rejecting Hinata. He hasn't been set up to do so. If anything It seems more and more like Naruto has been developing feelings for Hinata. All of his behavior towards her in this current war arc have been overwhelmingly positive, and nothing like a guy who's contemplating how to go about a future rejection.


Last edited by Aelita on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Aelita


Posts : 377
Gender : Female
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by lily567 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm

you guys pretty much explained everything here. I don't have any thing else to say really but
the moments between naruto and hinata are the ones in which one touches one heart and visa versa.
whenever naruto is with hinata he has that glow in his eyes compared to when he is with sakura

avatar
lily567


Posts : 1440
Gender : Female
Location : barbados

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by meow69 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Another thing Hinata seems more like Hokage wife material to me. She is from a noble family so understands social functions better and will play the great hostess. Weather or not Hiashi believed in Hinata growing up I am sure he taught her how to handle decision making and power situations.
avatar
meow69


Posts : 177
Gender : Male

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by racefan1992 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Why do i perfer NH over NS, well:

1. It simply makes sense. It has been mentioned on here that they balence each other out, which is true. Also they pick eachother up when needed (we know what those moments are). They have been their for one another when times were tough and all hope was lost. Plus, there characters are pretty much the same (take away some differences).

2. Hinatas feelings/love are real: Something that i picked up on back in 2005 when i first saw the Naruto anime. Her feelings were real for him then and they are real for him now. They havne't lessened, they have gotten stronger. So much so that she is welling to give her life for the person she loves. Hinata love is also strong enough that others are picking up on it (enemies and friends alike). Along with her feelings, she has also grown as ninja and person. She is much more confidence and out going then she was before she confessed to Naruto. Her feelings and growth go hand in hand. Without Naruto, there is no Hinata.

3. NH isn't boring: Self explanitory. the "mainguyxmaingirl" is over done and boring. NH is completely different like a breath of fresh air. I pray Kishi gives us that breath of fresh air.

4. Hinata taking a stand: When she confessed, she gave reasons why she loves Naruto. Now she is blantly stating that she will be with him one day (post war, maybe not too long after that). No other character has been a forceful and confident about it. It bears repeating: "lets remember that this is a work of fiction, if it keeps being brought up, what you think that something will not happen between them?"

That is all pretty much i have to say, the rest as been state better then i could ever put it down in cyber ink.

Bonus: The hand hold: Naruto has/had never held a girls hand before in his life, not once. He held Hinatas hand (which Hinata foreshadowed). Holding hands IS a romantic gesture. So much so, it got a volume cover just for it.
avatar
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by GreatKungLao on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:39 pm

NaruHina does make sense. NarSak doesn't.

That's how simple it is.

And as Aelita said, I also want to Naruto be happy as well as to see Hinata be happy. And the only way I see it happening is to Naruto and Hinata become together as a couple. Hinata made her mind about Naruto long time ago, but Naruto himself started making his mind after her confession - he saw Hinata in asbolutely new light and all his feelings towards her now can be evolved into something absolutely new for him, something he didn't understand by himself for a long time - into love. And with Hinata Naruto can not be afraid to be alone anymore ever, because she is always by his side... forever. With Hinata Naruto will be happy for the rest of his life, because she was always giving him what he missed his entire life.

NaruHina is a symbolism for happiness. This is something, that Kishimoto wanted to do right, something to grant his readers, to make them smile, happy and be worried for this romantic love sub-story and be desired to see it's happy ending.

NarSak is nothing more, but pain, when you trying to put romantic meaning into this pairing. And it wasn't Kishimoto's intention as well. I can't see romantic love between brother and sister.

And as I said for a long time ago: Naruto and Hinata are two perfect parts of a whole. There is no Naruto without Hinata and there is no Hinata without Naruto. Naruto wouldn't went so far without Hinata's support and Hinata wouldn't change without Naruto's influence. This is something you absolutely can't say about NarSak.
avatar
GreatKungLao


Posts : 889
Gender : Male
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by kagome1991 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:12 am

Pretty much everyone has stated what I wanted to say myself lol but I'll try anyway to put why I prefer Naruhina to NarSak in my own words:

1. They are the opposite of each other and yet compliment each other so perfectly. They are alike and yet different at the same time (personality-wise and certain traits they both have like being strong and persistent and courageous). I have also loved that about them.

2. I agree with Aelita that I just want Naruto to receive all the happiness and love he can and who better to give it to him than Hinata who wants to give to him wholeheartedly.

3. Hinata's love and feelings for him was always so sincere and genuine that gain my sympathy practically immediately when I saw her that first time back in 2005-2006. I just thought to myself, "Now that's a girl I can relate to." And her character was something I could relate to since when I was growing up I was shy and quiet just like her so I practically was rooting for her love for Naruto and her resolve to get stronger.

4. Racefan said it best: Naruhina makes sense and NarSak just doesn't. Never has to me anyway.

5. And just like with Naruto, I also want Hinata to have all the happiness she so rightfully deserves. So I just want her love to be requited. That's it.

Hope I'm not forgetting anything but that's pretty much what I wanted to say. I just love this pairing so much it hurts  
avatar
kagome1991


Posts : 614
Gender : Female
Location : Somewhere in the world

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Konan on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:06 am

1. parrellels
2. things outside of manga anime, such as jump or other Otaku articles, for example one magazine wrote, "Sakura used to love sasuke' or "the day naruto fell in love with Sakura' or on the cover of a random article Naruto and sakura were both on for a valentines day issue along with luffy, ichigo, oriheme, nami and others.
3. the POAL
4. YAMATO
5. MAINXMAIN
6. Sakura being confused about sasuke while never being in doubt about naruto
7. Hinata doesn't love Naruto
8. Sakura told the fodder shinobi that she loved Naruto, not sasuke.
9. Sakura was depressed when she saw the hand hold because she wanted to do it
10. When naruto and sakura were fighting side by side, Sakura was shooting daggers at sasuke, thinking,'if you dare even touch my man you will die!"
11. NAruto loves Sakura and will never stop loving her(whihc is very cruel thing to say)
12. Sakura didn't blush when Sasuke saved her
13. Naruto held Hinata's hand just to transfer chakra.
14. Naruto didn't say his belonged to Hinata and that his life was just one
15. minato approves of NS besides him saying, "please be gentle with my son" with a worried expresson on his face while remembering when Kushina used to beat up bullies.
16. use of Anime material and movies like RTN
17.. Naruto showed his love for sakura after her saying,'i am not a weak woman' when naruto smiled his "twu wubv came trickling out"
18. narusaku is greater than sasusaku because at least it won't be a abusive relationship. as if Sakura won't beat the shit out of naruto. like she has been doing for the entire manga >_<
19. Sakura will start showing romantic feelings for Naruto soon, she only hit him for comedy and to be serious in 631, she actually accepted that she was naruto's girlfriend. (NS Logic it is really that dumb)
20. Hinata is just a friend to Naruto and that is what she will always be, (yeah because i totally hold all my female friends hand and smile at them lovignly, especially when i like another girl and i know thsi girl likes me, NS logic it really is terrible)
21. Naruto needs Sakura to control him, Hinata will just let naruto do crazy stuff and get himself killed. (as if Sakura's objections ever stopped him before)
22. Hinata isn't cool enough for naruto, she is a obssessive fangirl
23. nearly every time sakura and naruto were together even with others they were developoing thier relationship, even when they were not even being addressed or not even being referenced to. (Ns litterally showed yamato telling the two about yanabi bridge, and for someone reason that qualified as development even though Naruto and sakura were not even talking to eachother or touching eachother or looking at eachother. NS logic it is that stupid, but at least we know where the 600+ chapters of development come from)
24. Sakura meant that she loved Naruto in the Failfession, you haters just don't read the manga. (yeah even though everyone there and sakura herself admitted to lying. NS logic it is that bad)
A lot of these can be argued on because of their simplicity. You marked what the over-the-top Narusaku argue with. True Narusaku wouldn't argue on these alone.

1. Parallels are not pure manga evidence, any true pairing shipper would not use parallels as their main argument, but rather they hints that hint at the final pairing. An example of a parallel? Future characters, future scenarios etc.

2. Pardon me, but a magazine is no different than the anime. It's not canon at all. I believe what you are talking about is one of Kishimoto's interviews/drawings.

3. The POAL is one of their greatest arguments. A lot has happened from the POAL, it's not just pairing related. The reason why the POAL is important is because it showed Naruto's dedication to make Sakura happy. Hence why it's called, Promise Of A Lifetime. There are several scenes which indicates that he will put his own feelings away to make her happy. If you wish I will provide manga evidence.

4. Yamato. I really hope you aren't listing the arguments in order. If you are, you have the order off completely. Yamato's words was a hint towards Sakura's feelings for Naruto. Nothing more.

5. MainxMain? Elaborate.

6. Eh... this argument is a bit shady. Sakura hasn't shown any doubt (correct me if I am wrong, please) towards Naruto, yet. As for Sakura being doubtful of Sasuke, wasn't that in part 1 only?

7. A common mistake pairing fans make is that when one side loves someone, the other side is also in love with them. Wrong. Fans cannot ignore the fact that Hinata has romantic feelings towards Naruto. It's fact.

8. What? That never happened.  Again, stay away from the over-the-top pairing fan arguments. They spew out illogical arguments.

9. What in the bloody...  

10. Really?  

11. Well, Naruto does like her, and has since chapter 3 of the manga. The chapter with Sai asking Naruto, "Why don't you tell her how you feel?" he replied with, "How can I, I can't even keep my promise." The POAL ties in back with Naruto not feeling worthy to confess his feelings to Sakura because he could not keep his promise. That scene may have been over 2 years for us, but in the Narutoverse it wasn't very long ago.

12. Sigh. Why would she? That scene looked like dirt on her face, especially considering the previous page she had the same marks on her face. On the other hand, it could have been blush but the picture is too small to confirm it. I would say it's dirt based on how her face had the same marks the previous page.

13. There is a reason why that argument exists. They were having a deep conversation, but Naruto did not hold her hand for romantic reasons, as far as we know. Of course I'm not saying that moment was not deep/heartfelt, it was deep/heartfelt for Hinata, not really on Naruto's side. What really killed this moment was that Naruto did the same actions with the other ninja in 616, the chapter after 615, and in that chapter we see Naruto perform the same actions with Team 10.

14. I don't understand what you're saying. Can you clear that up please? :D

15. There are so many translations of that sentence. It's not really that big of an argument, really. Minato was not reminded of Kushina's actions towards the bullies, the manga panel shows her in her adult years. Also, Minato's face expression is leaning more towards "Oh, I've been there." It's chapter 631 if you wish to read it.

16. Again, this argument is here for a reason. The anime is not canon at all, but the RTN movie isn't exactly canon as well. You see, the reason why I say that RTN isn't exactly canon is because of Kishimoto's very big role concerning the movie. He wrote the script and character designs, did he not? It was advertised in the manga several times and there is a chapter based on it in the manga itself. RTN shouldn't be used as solid proof, but rather an insight into Kishimoto's mind/thinking. Another hint if you wish.

17. Please, stop listening to the over-the-top NaruSaku. They can and will influence you.  

18. Entire manga you say? Hmm, I think your computer might be set to auto-correct manga with anime. You have no clue how far Studio Periot exaggerates Sakura's temper and character.

19. Whether you like it or not, Sakura has shown growing feelings towards Naruto. I'm not going into detail because there is a lot to write about. Oh, and please do not think that I'm here to be a Sasusaku-Narusaku advertiser. I'm strictly going by the manga.

20. Well, she is a friend. She is not his girlfriend or his love interest. I fail to see how people cannot see that. Those two things do not prevent a pairing from being canon, it sets them back and puts them at disadvantage at the most.

21. Shady argument. I believe that Hinata to a certain extent can control Naruto, but not as well as Sakura can. Although, why should that matter? Naruto may not be the brightest crayola, but he can control himself in normal situations.

22. That's a terrible argument   ,  and not fair for the other pairing. If Hinata and Naruto like each other, then they should be able to be together regardless of "coolness".

23. When people spend time with each other, they are developing. Developing means to grow. Their relationship has grown a lot since part 1. The bridge scene was not development for Sakura, but rather it was development for Naruto. The realization that he hurt her brought a little anxiety/shock to him. It made him more aware that he had to control the Kyuubi to not hurt others anymore.

24. Sigh.   What most people forget/ignore is that Sai explained why Sakura did what she did. In certain aspects she was not lying, but in others she was. Re-read the chapter and you will understand what I'm talking about. There is so much more to this confession, it irks me when people over-look it and ignorantly call her a full-on selfish liar.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I didn't mean to. While Narusaku does exceed Naruhina in a lot of aspects, that does not mean that Naruhina cannot happen. Any pairing can happen, it's really just a matter of what the main character wants. After-all, this manga is about mainly him, his goals, his struggles, his needs, his wants.


Last edited by Zori on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The mention of NS fans is not allowed)

Konan


Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Batokusanagi on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:34 am

funnyface wrote:OH come on NS...seriously Lets look into ch469,NARUTO technically rejected her...let's look at ch631,SAKURA rejected him(that is if naruto was telling the truth which he wasn't,still she was pretty damn angry of being called his gf)..........How can a pairing be alive If it's two characters Technically rejected each other
NS will deny that to death, but then you have this page:
Spoiler:
Sakura says that she'll explain why she started liking him and Naruto immediately recalls moments between Sakura and Sasuke (funnily enough, chapter 3 is there lol), so you can tell how much he was waiting for Sakura to confess to him and how much sense it makes to him that it happened. You can see how much he wants to be with her when he calls her supposed reasons for starting to love him, a joke.

It wasn't even technically a rejection. When some pages later Sakura basically asks him why is he not accepting a confession from the girl of his dreams, Naruto tells her to stop the act. The, in 474, he's all like "but Sakura-chan loves Sasuke so much!"

469-470 in a nutshell:
Sakura: ...I said I love you, Naruto.
Naruto: Nope, you love Sasuke.
Sakura: ...

If that's not a straight up rejection, I don't know what is.

Konan wrote:
3. The POAL is one of their greatest arguments. A lot has happened from the POAL, it's not just pairing related. The reason why the POAL is important is because it showed Naruto's dedication to make Sakura happy. Hence why it's called, Promise Of A Lifetime. There are several scenes which indicates that he will put his own feelings away to make her happy. If you wish I will provide manga evidence.
Yeah, about the POAL:
Spoiler:



16. Again, this argument is here for a reason. The anime is not canon at all, but the RTN movie isn't exactly canon as well. You see, the reason why I say that RTN isn't exactly canon is because of Kishimoto's very big role concerning the movie. He wrote the script and character designs, did he not? It was advertised in the manga several times and there is a chapter based on it in the manga itself. RTN shouldn't be used as solid proof, but rather an insight into Kishimoto's mind/thinking. Another hint if you wish.
Kishi didn't write the script for RtN.

20. Well, she is a friend. She is not his girlfriend or his love interest. I fail to see how people cannot see that. Those two things do not prevent a pairing from being canon, it sets them back and puts them at disadvantage at the most.
You kinda missed the point with this one. What he said is that saying Hinata is just a friend after Naruto held her hand and gave a gentle squeeze and smiled at her while looking straight into her eyes, doesn't make much sense.

24. Sigh.   What most people forget/ignore is that Sai explained why Sakura did what she did. In certain aspects she was not lying, but in others she was. Re-read the chapter and you will understand what I'm talking about. There is so much more to this confession, it irks me when people over-look it and ignorantly call her a full-on selfish liar.
She was lying about loving Naruto (Sai explains that too), which is the important thing if you're talking pairings.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I didn't mean to. While Narusaku does exceed Naruhina in a lot of aspects, that does not mean that Naruhina cannot happen.
Ah, that so? Elaborate.
avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by itachi75 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 am

Konan wrote:
1. parrellels d)
A lot of these can be argued on because of their simplicity. You marked what the over-the-top Narusaku fans argue with. True Narusaku fans wouldn't argue on these alone.

1. Parallels are not pure manga evidence, any true pairing shipper would not use parallels as their main argument, but rather they hints that hint at the final pairing. An example of a parallel? Future characters, future scenarios etc.

2. Pardon me, but a magazine is no different than the anime. It's not canon at all. I believe what you are talking about is one of Kishimoto's interviews/drawings.

3. The POAL is one of their greatest arguments. A lot has happened from the POAL, it's not just pairing related. The reason why the POAL is important is because it showed Naruto's dedication to make Sakura happy. Hence why it's called, Promise Of A Lifetime. There are several scenes which indicates that he will put his own feelings away to make her happy. If you wish I will provide manga evidence.

4. Yamato. I really hope you aren't listing the arguments in order. If you are, you have the order off completely. Yamato's words was a hint towards Sakura's feelings for Naruto. Nothing more.

5. MainxMain? Elaborate.

6. Eh... this argument is a bit shady. Sakura hasn't shown any doubt (correct me if I am wrong, please) towards Naruto, yet. As for Sakura being doubtful of Sasuke, wasn't that in part 1 only?

7. A common mistake pairing fans make is that when one side loves someone, the other side is also in love with them. Wrong. Fans cannot ignore the fact that Hinata has romantic feelings towards Naruto. It's fact.

8. What? That never happened.  Again, stay away from the over-the-top pairing fan arguments. They spew out illogical arguments.

9. What in the bloody...  

10. Really?  

11. Well, Naruto does like her, and has since chapter 3 of the manga. The chapter with Sai asking Naruto, "Why don't you tell her how you feel?" he replied with, "How can I, I can't even keep my promise." The POAL ties in back with Naruto not feeling worthy to confess his feelings to Sakura because he could not keep his promise. That scene may have been over 2 years for us, but in the Narutoverse it wasn't very long ago.

12. Sigh. Why would she? That scene looked like dirt on her face, especially considering the previous page she had the same marks on her face. On the other hand, it could have been blush but the picture is too small to confirm it. I would say it's dirt based on how her face had the same marks the previous page.

13. There is a reason why that argument exists. They were having a deep conversation, but Naruto did not hold her hand for romantic reasons, as far as we know. Of course I'm not saying that moment was not deep/heartfelt, it was deep/heartfelt for Hinata, not really on Naruto's side. What really killed this moment was that Naruto did the same actions with the other ninja in 616, the chapter after 615, and in that chapter we see Naruto perform the same actions with Team 10.

14. I don't understand what you're saying. Can you clear that up please? :D

15. There are so many translations of that sentence. It's not really that big of an argument, really. Minato was not reminded of Kushina's actions towards the bullies, the manga panel shows her in her adult years. Also, Minato's face expression is leaning more towards "Oh, I've been there." It's chapter 631 if you wish to read it.

16. Again, this argument is here for a reason. The anime is not canon at all, but the RTN movie isn't exactly canon as well. You see, the reason why I say that RTN isn't exactly canon is because of Kishimoto's very big role concerning the movie. He wrote the script and character designs, did he not? It was advertised in the manga several times and there is a chapter based on it in the manga itself. RTN shouldn't be used as solid proof, but rather an insight into Kishimoto's mind/thinking. Another hint if you wish.

17. Please, stop listening to the over-the-top fans. They can and will influence you.  

18. Entire manga you say? Hmm, I think your computer might be set to auto-correct manga with anime. You have no clue how far Studio Periot exaggerates Sakura's temper and character.

19. Whether you like it or not, Sakura has shown growing feelings towards Naruto. I'm not going into detail because there is a lot to write about. Oh, and please do not think that I'm here to be a Sasusaku-Narusaku advertiser. I'm strictly going by the manga.

20. Well, she is a friend. She is not his girlfriend or his love interest. I fail to see how people cannot see that. Those two things do not prevent a pairing from being canon, it sets them back and puts them at disadvantage at the most.

21. Shady argument. I believe that Hinata to a certain extent can control Naruto, but not as well as Sakura can. Although, why should that matter? Naruto may not be the brightest crayola, but he can control himself in normal situations.

22. That's a terrible argument   ,  and not fair for the other pairing. If Hinata and Naruto like each other, then they should be able to be together regardless of "coolness".

23. When people spend time with each other, they are developing. Developing means to grow. Their relationship has grown a lot since part 1. The bridge scene was not development for Sakura, but rather it was development for Naruto. The realization that he hurt her brought a little anxiety/shock to him. It made him more aware that he had to control the Kyuubi to not hurt others anymore.

24. Sigh.   What most people forget/ignore is that Sai explained why Sakura did what she did. In certain aspects she was not lying, but in others she was. Re-read the chapter and you will understand what I'm talking about. There is so much more to this confession, it irks me when people over-look it and ignorantly call her a full-on selfish liar.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I didn't mean to. While Narusaku does exceed Naruhina in a lot of aspects, that does not mean that Naruhina cannot happen. Any pairing can happen, it's really just a matter of what the main character wants. After-all, this manga is about mainly him, his goals, his struggles, his needs, his wants.
your not being rude, trust me, it actually feels good to have someone unbiased check this over. i was just reciting all the arguments i here on other cites, so far the ones they keep bringing up are, Sakura told the fodder she loved Naruto, Sakura was angry Naruto held Hinata's hand, Sakura meant that she romantically loved Naruto in the failfession, Sakura accpeted being Naruto's gf in 631. and finnaly Hinata is nothing more than a creepy stalker. these are the biggest arguments i hear.
-
but like you said most of them are illogical fan arguments.
-
i personnaly i just summarized most of the arguments. i mean its really clear that Sakura still loves sasuke, she has shown that when Sasuke showed up, blushing and smiling happily when he appeared adn even ignoring Naruto's presence, causing naruto to say, "hey sakura i am here to" and Naruto appears to be developing feelings for Hinata by holding her hand and smiling at her like Minato smiled at Kushina, and how it made it to the cover. Do i think naruto loves Hinata? no. but i do believe he is taking notice of the hyuuga heiress.
-
Sakura is repulsed by being with Naruto. Naruto appears to start having feelings for Hinata. Sasuke still doesn't really care either way lol jk.
-
for 14. remember when Naruto turned to hinata and said, 'my life doesn't was never just one it is because you have been there beside me the entire time."
NS wants to say that this happened, "My life was always mine alone."
-
its another illogical argument.

itachi75


Posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by GreatKungLao on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:30 am

Konan wrote:While Narusaku does exceed Naruhina in a lot of aspects, that does not mean that Naruhina cannot happen.
My English is not perfect, but if I understand it corectly, then I have nothing but laugh on this. NarSak exceed NaruHina in a lot of aspects? I just can't even...

Sorry, I feel that Kyuubi is about to take control over me, need to be calm... *breath* *out* *breath* *out*

I don't want to be rude, but I just can't see all those NarSak aspects that exceed NaruHina in the manga. Just like I can't see how NarSak is more romantic, than NaruHina. Just like I can't see how Naruto as a character can reject somebody like Hinata after everything they went through together, after all those development Hinata made for Naruto. It's vice versa - in entire manga you will not find anything for NarSak, that would be at least equal to NaruHina moments.
avatar
GreatKungLao


Posts : 889
Gender : Male
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Konan on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:54 am

@itachi75: Pretty much. :D

My English is not perfect, but if I understand it corectly, then I have nothing but laugh on this. NarSak exceed NaruHina in a lot of aspects? I just can't even...

Sorry, I feel that Kyuubi is about to take control over me, need to be calm... *breath* *out* *breath* *out*

I don't want to be rude, but I just can't see all those NarSak aspects that exceed NaruHina in the manga. Just like I can't see how NarSak is more romantic, than NaruHina. Just like I can't see how Naruto as a character can reject somebody like Hinata after everything they went through together, after all those development Hinata made for Naruto. It's vice versa - in entrie manga you will not find anything for NarSak, that would be at least equal to NaruHina moments.
Don't worry about it, you're not being rude.  

I would absolutely love to back you up on that, but where will I not find anything regarding Naruto and Sakura's relationship? To say it has little chance of happening and backing it up with evidence is fair, but to completely ignore the evidence is another thing. Being more romantic really depends on how well the characters interact with each other. A better intersection/understanding can/will lead to a better romance. One of the problems regarding pairings is that some fans expect a character to return it's feelings if the other character has feelings towards them. It's very sweet what Hinata has done for Naruto, but in no way does that mean that he must return the favor and love her back. Love isn't something that is deserved.

Konan


Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Strawberry on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 am

Konan wrote:A lot of these can be argued on because of their simplicity. You marked what the over-the-top Narusaku fans argue with. True Narusaku fans wouldn't argue on these alone.

3. The POAL is one of their greatest arguments. A lot has happened from the POAL, it's not just pairing related. The reason why the POAL is important is because it showed Naruto's dedication to make Sakura happy. Hence why it's called, Promise Of A Lifetime. There are several scenes which indicates that he will put his own feelings away to make her happy. If you wish I will provide manga evidence.
3. The problem is, the promise of a lifetime is already broken, and it mainly served to help Naruto understand the depth of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. This was highlighted when he got mad at her for seemingly giving up on Sasuke. Naruto supports those feelings.

Konan wrote:4. Yamato. I really hope you aren't listing the arguments in order. If you are, you have the order off completely. Yamato's words was a hint towards Sakura's feelings for Naruto. Nothing more.
4. It really wasn't a hint for Sakura's feelings for Naruto. Coming from a guy who had a "WTF" face during Sakura's failfession and got mad at her for it, it can hardly be taken seriously.

Konan wrote:11. Well, Naruto does like her, and has since chapter 3 of the manga. The chapter with Sai asking Naruto, "Why don't you tell her how you feel?" he replied with, "How can I, I can't even keep my promise." The POAL ties in back with Naruto not feeling worthy to confess his feelings to Sakura because he could not keep his promise. That scene may have been over 2 years for us, but in the Narutoverse it wasn't very long ago.
11. But he's also accepted she doesn't love him, and has encouraged her towards Sasuke. Furthermore, he's also been shown reacting positively to Hinata, so Naruto is the one in the best position for moving on, if he hasn't started already.

Konan wrote:12. Sigh. Why would she? That scene looked like dirt on her face, especially considering the previous page she had the same marks on her face. On the other hand, it could have been blush but the picture is too small to confirm it. I would say it's dirt based on how her face had the same marks the previous page.
12. LOL! No, that was clearly a blush. xD If her facial expression wasn't enough to support this, it's not true that she had the same marks on her face in the panel before.

This is the immediate panel before the blush. Notice no markings on her face.


This is the panel of her blush, which is really close to her eyes and is the same in both cheeks.


And this is the immediate panel after the blush. The markings on her cheeks are completely different than the blush, and they aren't symmetrical in both cheeks. The difference is quite remarkable.



Konan wrote:13. There is a reason why that argument exists. They were having a deep conversation, but Naruto did not hold her hand for romantic reasons, as far as we know. Of course I'm not saying that moment was not deep/heartfelt, it was deep/heartfelt for Hinata, not really on Naruto's side. What really killed this moment was that Naruto did the same actions with the other ninja in 616, the chapter after 615, and in that chapter we see Naruto perform the same actions with Team 10.
13. Whatever the reason the argument exists, it's certainly not a valid one. It is a romantic gesture in context, when you consider all factors involved. (1) Naruto knows Hinata is in love with him (2) He let her caress his cheek and looked deeply in her eyes, which in itself can be seen as a romantic gesture (3) He held her hand, squeezed it while smiling at her, and thanked her for always being by his side. All of those can be seen as romantic undertones, and taking the whole scene in context it is a romantic gesture. It was as much heart-felt for Naruto as it was for Hinata, and the moment was mutual, which is why it's HUGE. Chapter 616 did NOTHING AT ALL to diminish this glorious moment. Naruto certainly did not do the same with anyone else, and it's a shame you're trying to compare the hand hold with Hinata to the chakra transfer with the rest of the characters. They are two COMPLETELY different things, and the volume cover highlighted it.

Konan wrote:15. There are so many translations of that sentence. It's not really that big of an argument, really. Minato was not reminded of Kushina's actions towards the bullies, the manga panel shows her in her adult years. Also, Minato's face expression is leaning more towards "Oh, I've been there." It's chapter 631 if you wish to read it.
15. Whoever said Kushina wasn't bullied in her adult years? She did in fact lash out at Naruto for calling her the demon fox's real form. Minato was reminded of Kushina's attitude towards bullies (people who made fun of her), there's still no indicator to this day that Kushina was ever violent towards him. The real translation doesn't matter because it all comes down to the exact same thing when taken in context. Minato asked if Sakura was Naruto's girlfriend, Naruto poked fun at her, Sakura got angry at him for it, and Minato was reminded of Kushina's violent behaviour with a nervous smile. The scene itself is a total joke, and whether Minato approves of NarSak or not is not important. Sakura's approval is more important, and as we saw, she wasn't having it.

Konan wrote:16. Again, this argument is here for a reason. The anime is not canon at all, but the RTN movie isn't exactly canon as well. You see, the reason why I say that RTN isn't exactly canon is because of Kishimoto's very big role concerning the movie. He wrote the script and character designs, did he not? It was advertised in the manga several times and there is a chapter based on it in the manga itself. RTN shouldn't be used as solid proof, but rather an insight into Kishimoto's mind/thinking. Another hint if you wish.
16. It's not. Made by Kishimoto or not, the movie is still all filler. And if we're using it as evidence we shouldn't leave out the fact that Sakura was still head-over-heels for Sasuke, said he understood her better than Naruto, and only decided she wanted to leave the AU world when she saw Sasuke with the other ladies. Naruto and Sakura being in each other's shoes is not something to be taken as romantic when Sakura's feelings are still elsewhere. But nontheless, the movie is filler and shouldn't be used as "proof" nor "hints" for ANYONE.

Konan wrote:19. Whether you like it or not, Sakura has shown growing feelings towards Naruto. I'm not going into detail because there is a lot to write about. Oh, and please do not think that I'm here to be a Sasusaku-Narusaku advertiser. I'm strictly going by the manga.
19. No, there are not. Sakura has no romantic feelings for Naruto AT ALL to this day. She's still as repulsed by the idea of being his "girlfriend" as she was in day 1. Whatever development there was between them, is not romantic at all.

Konan wrote:23. When people spend time with each other, they are developing. Developing means to grow. Their relationship has grown a lot since part 1. The bridge scene was not development for Sakura, but rather it was development for Naruto. The realization that he hurt her brought a little anxiety/shock to him. It made him more aware that he had to control the Kyuubi to not hurt others anymore.
23. But it's not romantic AT ALL and that's what matters in pairings. They can have all the development in the world, but their romantic relationship still hasn't progressed, and that ends up harming the "pairing" more than helping it. It's good that you bring up the bridge scene, Naruto did make a promise not to use the fox's power anymore because of Sakura, but he broke that promise because Hinata got hurt. That's extra points for NaruHina.

Konan wrote:24. Sigh.   What most people forget/ignore is that Sai explained why Sakura did what she did. In certain aspects she was not lying, but in others she was. Re-read the chapter and you will understand what I'm talking about. There is so much more to this confession, it irks me when people over-look it and ignorantly call her a full-on selfish liar.
24. Please, no. If you want to claim Sakura was being honest about her feelings for Naruto.. just don't. At least not in this ANTI-NarSak thread. This argument has been countered countless times. If you want to debate it, go to the debate section. Please.

Konan wrote:I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I didn't mean to. While Narusaku does exceed Naruhina in a lot of aspects, that does not mean that Naruhina cannot happen. Any pairing can happen, it's really just a matter of what the main character wants. After-all, this manga is about mainly him, his goals, his struggles, his needs, his wants.
You didn't come off as rude, but you did come off as pro-NarSak, so maybe you should consider better where to post these arguments. I completely disagree with many things you've said, and I will say NaruHina is the one who FAR EXCEEDS NarSak in every aspect, and I've explained it in detail here. I do think Naruto deserves to be happy and get what he wants, but like I've said many times before, I KNOW what he wants isn't a girl like Sakura who is not able to love him the way he deserves.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥️

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by GreatKungLao on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:06 am

Konan wrote:but where will I not find anything regarding Naruto and Sakura's relationship?
I meant mutual and romantic development. Between Naruto and Sakura there is only friendship. With Hinata Naruto always gots something to develop in his personality and this is one of the most important things, when it comes to love between two persons - one is complement of another. 98, 437 and 615 are exactly those examples of how it works: when Naruto is about to fail, there comes his second part - Hinata and Naruto becomes complete again and able to change something. Naruto got an incredible support, love and care from Hinata. There is no way a man wouldn't fall for a girl like that or this man is just stupid and maybe it sounds rude, but I see it like that. To live your life with a girl, that you forced to like you and to live with you is to put yourself in hell for the rest of yourlife. With Hinata Naruto will become the happiest man in entire manga.
avatar
GreatKungLao


Posts : 889
Gender : Male
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Konan on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:07 am

You didn't come off as rude, but you did come off as pro-NarSak, so maybe you should consider better where to post these arguments.
Pro-Narusaku would have meant I supported the couple. No, no, no. I was mainly outlining why it could work due to what we have received so far. My apologies. I'm basing my opinion off of the manga. My laptop is dying. I would like to counter your arguments because you seem like you've already provided great points.

To begin, I'm aware of that. I do not believe that the POAL is gone forever.


Konan


Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Strawberry on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 am

^ That's practically the same as Pro-NarSak. xD Explaining why NarSak could work is not something to be discussed in this thread. That was my point. But I will address the arguments you come up with, we should just take it to the debate section.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥️

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

NaruHina vs NarSak

Post by Konan on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:12 am

^ That's practically the same as Pro-NarSak. xD Explaining why NarSak could work is not something to be discussed in this thread. That was my point. But I will address the arguments you come up with, we should just take it to the debate section.
Not really, but since I'm new here I'll take your advice.

Konan


Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

NaruHina vs NarSak

Post by Batokusanagi on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:19 am

Can't believe I missed the part about Sakura's blush being dirt... well, that was a nice reply, Strawberry.
As for the hand hold, something else to keep in mind is that after it, Hinata's confidence rose again, the first time being after the "it's in your eyes" moment in 559). This girl no longer wants to catch up to Naruto or to stop chasing after him, but to stay (VIZ translated it as "keep standing") with Naruto forever. And no, someone who can read Naruto by eye contact and who's one of the people who knows Naruto the best in the whole manga, is not delusional.

Konan wrote:

To begin, I'm aware of that. I do not believe that the POAL is gone forever.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt until your laptop comes back to life, but you do realize that Sasuke came back by himself?
avatar
Batokusanagi


Posts : 525
Gender : Male
Location : Fantasia

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Strawberry on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 am

Konan wrote:Not really, but since I'm new here I'll take your advice.
It's ok. I already split this topic from the Anti-NarSak thread. We can freely discuss this here better. ^.^

About the PoaL, even though you don't think it's gone forever, I think Sakura telling Naruto to forget about the promise, and Naruto telling her it had nothing to do with the promise and that he wanted to help Sasuke regardless, pretty much takes care of it for good.

_________________
Lovers under the rain. ♥️

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
avatar
Strawberry


Posts : 931
Gender : Female
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Bubbles on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 am

Poal is dead. Sakura asked Naruto to drop it and he did, end of story. Besides, Naruto was already on his way to fight to bring Sasuke back even before Sakura asked him. Naruto's promise to himself precedes the poal and is more important to him than some promise he made to her, which he made very clear by the way he spoke of it. Naruto and Sakura have a lot of screentime because they are comrades. and they are the male lead and female lead.

Unlike NaruHina however, this screentime and development is not romantic in nature. Sakura still loves Sasuke and not Naruto, Naruto is holding hands with and smiling and squeezing Hinata's hand, thanking her for being by his side this whole time, while knowing she is in love with him. Doesn't look like Naruto is so in love with Sakura he can never move on to me. -.-

NaruSaku can have all the screentime it wants, but it doesn't make it romantic by default. And actually, the fact that they do have all this screentime and yet have so many misunderstandings with each other just shows how terrible the ship is. After 600+ chapters of supposed development, Sakura still has to assert herself in front of Naruto to fight. He still doesn't already get that she has a desire to fight beside her boys, yet he was immediately able to connect with Hinata at the chuunin exams, and could see how she felt just by looking into her eyes.

Yet after all this development with NS, Sakura still didn't understand Naruto enough to know that dropping that promise wasn't going to bring him back, and neither was her asking him to stop. Naruto, whose nindo is "Never go back on my word" was asked to go back on his word by Sakura. This is supposedly understanding each other "better" than NaruHina.

Hell, Kishi even shows us that NS don't get each other on basic levels such as Naruto not understanding that Sakura might just need comforting knowing that Tsunade was in coma and might not wake up, especially after his own sensei died. Instead, Kishi has him get comfort from Shikamaru and I believe Iruka. Even back in the chuunin exams, Kishi shows us that Naruto could easily connect with Sakura, yet he deliberately passes it up, such as not understanding her in terms of her rivalry with Ino, when he has his own rivalry with Sasuke. Furthermore, 630+ chapters in, Sakura still violently hits him when he even goes anywhere near suggesting they are dating, and I'm supposed to believe they have even an inkling of a chance outside of asspull?

Naruto and Hinata may have minimal screentime, but the fact that they do have little screentime and yet still understand each other far better than the ship with the most screentime, actually only makes NS look that much worse. It's not a good thing when your ship still has the kind of flaws it does after so much supposed time spent together and "development."

Naruto and Sakura, they love and care for each other, but none of it is romantic at all. They are close friends and that's it. Naruto had feelings, but he's also acknowledged and accepted her feelings for Sasuke, which are still there. On top of that, he seems to have begun acknowledging Hinata's feelings for him.

Where does NS fit in?
avatar
Bubbles


Posts : 1104
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by IIRUNEII on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 am

Strawberry wrote:
We all ship and love NaruHina, and I think it’s time for us to explain the reasons why we prefer it over NarSak. In this thread, you may feel free to compare both pairings, explaining why it is that NaruHina is better than NarSak for you.

All forum rules apply of course, and since this isn’t the Anti-NarSak section, I will ask you guys to keep NarSak bashing to a minimum, or rather avoid it altogether. Let’s keep in mind that there might be some members who are multi-shippers and avoid the Anti-NarSak section.


I’ll start. There are literally many reasons why I prefer NaruHina over NarSak. I’ll try to explain most of them here.

I- Screen-time =/= Romantic Development  

When it comes to romantic development, I’d say NaruHina surpasses NarSak by a long shot. NarSak has more screen-time, but when it comes to romantic development, it practically has none. All that screen-time actually harms NarSak, because it has had many chances to start a romantic relationship, but nothing has happened. Sakura is still as annoyed by Naruto’s girlfriend comments as she was in day 1. In comparison, NaruHina has had less screen-time, but better romantic development.  After Hinata’s confession, their interactions have been meaningful. It’s slowly but surely developing in a nice and sweet way. Talking through their eyes and holding hands are mutual moments that have NaruHina in the right path, and contrary to NarSak, Naruto doesn’t seem turned off by Hinata like Sakura is by Naruto.

II- Love Confessions  

In the love confession department, NaruHina is also better than NarSak. Hinata’s confession had an impact on Naruto, and he’s been shown remembering the situation in a good light. There’s no reply yet, but Hinata never asked for one. Naruto hasn’t rejected it either, and is responding positively to Hinata’s advancements instead. In comparison, Sai confessed for Naruto, and it wasn’t his place to do so. Sakura felt guilty, and went on and tried to force herself to love Naruto. He completely rejected her advancements because he knew she wasn’t being honest. The whole situation was completely wrong. The NaruHina confession was sincere and not planned. The NarSak confession was false and it was planned for the wrong reasons.

III- Mutual Moments  

NarSak has no mutual moments. None. Hug wasn’t mutual, feeding scene wasn’t mutual, the failfession wasn’t mutual, etc. I can’t remember one scene that was mutual between these two. With NaruHina, we have the proud failure speech in part 1, the in your eyes moment and hand holding in part 2. All were mutual scenes that could have a romantic undertone.

IV- Relevant?  

There’s also the fact that even though Sakura is important to Naruto, she’s not relevant to his character nor to his development. I’m not trying to downplay her importance in Team 7 as a whole, since that is Naruto’s family. I’m just saying that Sakura as an individual has no major impact in Naruto. In comparison, we all know how important Naruto is for Hinata’s development, and for her as a character. I really don’t see Sakura being to Naruto what he is to Hinata.

V- Understanding   

Naruto and Hinata have been able to understand each other’s struggles since very early in the series. Hinata understood how hard he worked and how difficult it was for Naruto to believe in himself, while Naruto understood Hinata’s struggle to be acknowledged by her own clan. Their ninja way reinforces that understanding, and it’s only gotten stronger over time. Naruto is able to tell what is wrong with Hinata just by looking at her eyes, and Hinata is able to encourage Naruto and reassure him that his words are not a lie. In NarSak, the only thing they understand perfectly about each other, is missing Sasuke. And even then, Sakura at one moment gave up on all of that. She overlooked how important Sasuke was for Naruto as well, and tried to do everything on her own. Likewise, Naruto hasn’t shown that he understands how important it is for Sakura to be useful in battle. How hard she’s been training so that she can catch up to him and Sasuke. Instead of encouraging that, he sends her to the back to rest and heal people, and she still has to explain herself to him. It’s funny that even with all the screen-time in the world, Naruto and Sakura don’t have the same level of understanding Naruto and Hinata do.

VI- Miscellaneous  

• Sakura has rejected Naruto countless times, Naruto has never rejected Hinata.
• Sakura has caused Naruto pain, Naruto hasn’t caused Hinata any pain.
• Sakura’s love for Sasuke was confirmed very recently, Naruto’s feelings for Sakura remained ambiguous and seem to be fading.
• NaruHina has been getting a lot of moments in this war, NarSak only got a comment that was used to re-live nostalgia and was referred to as a joke.

Sorry for the LAP. That’s all I got for now. Post away! I want to see the reasons all of you have to prefer NaruHina over NarSak, and the comparisons you’ll make.
 
I agree, naruto is coming around to hinata.

if I could say something about manga 631,

does sakura not flip and go "S-sasuke-kun" like 2 pages after the NS scene
avatar
IIRUNEII


Posts : 239
Gender : Male
Location : In the Kingdom of The Black Order

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by The Crafty Cracker on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Why I prefer NaruHina over NaruSaku:

What else hasn't been said? Almost every reason in the planet to love NaruHina is already here but I'll just go ahead and say something.

The theme of WILL/determination in Naruto is pretty prevalent. If we try to look at it closely, we see that characters who have strong will to get what they want (e.g. Naruto with his Nindo) often find a means to achieve it in the end. We've seen it countless of times. We've seen characters with twisted wills defeated, in contrast. Masashi practically screams that if you put your heart, soul, and body into something, you'll achieve ANYTHING.

Now, why can't this manner of thinking be put into the pairings? This Narutoverse philosophy is the reason why I believe in NaruHina (and in SasuSaku, in extension).

First, let's take a look at Naruto's will. He wants to be the Hokage. He wants to be acknowledged by everyone. His second 'will' as I put it, was first borne out of that childish want to remove all the hatred people had on him and to 'show up' everyone who doubted him. He thought that the only way to do that is to become Hokage, eventually learning that it's the other way around - those who are acknowledged will become Hokage. He has this drive to succeed in everything he puts his mind into because he wants to be acknowledged, and with the same reason, he starts liking Sakura.

We all remember that during his Sasuke-henge, he was suddenly reminded of the reason why he liked Sakura - because she also wants to be acknowledged. We see Sakura's will to be acknowledged by Sasuke at all costs (even though it was childish that time).

Now, let's try to take a look at this sentiment and how it can affect Naruto's view of Hinata. He knows, even in Part I, that Hinata struggles to be acknowledged herself. She showed him her impressive will to stand up despite being beaten down many times. Even though he doesn't know it, it's because HE was her motivation. It just goes to show that Hinata, in every way, is ALSO Naruto's dream girl. That essential trait of WILL, determination, and the DREAM of WANTING to be ACKNOWLEDGED, is something that Hinata also has.

And we've seen that throughout the series, Hinata never wavered in her faith in Naruto. We see another shade of WILL here. Hinata's faith in Naruto. Her will to be by his side no matter what. Her determination to be seen as his equal - to not be a burden. We see that there are only a few people in Konoha who have shown faith in Naruto since Day 1. Hiruzen and Jiraiya would automatically be included in the list because they knew about Naruto's past and were a part of it. Hinata, on the other hand, is different. She loved and admired Naruto based on his CURRENT and DEVELOPING personality. She loved him without knowing that he's the Yondaime's son and she loved him despite being the Kyuubi's container. She loved him because he was Naruto. The sheer simplicity of it all fueled that will to strive and try her hardest to succeed in anything. Ironically, for someone who gives up so easily, she found a/an constant/unwavering pillar of strength in Naruto.

She may be the one of the few characters (or the only one, correct me if I'm wrong) who hasn't showed doubt in Naruto's abilities. Naruto himself doubted his own words when it came right down to it. If it weren't for Hinata, he would have forgotten it because of despair. And from that, she had forged this will to be by Naruto's side after the war is over, which could most probably mean that she intends to win Naruto over no matter what. And why not? He hasn't given any indication that he has shot down her feelings.

As for Sakura, I really want some people to stop making it seem like she doesn't have her own will. She has, even though most of the time it's shadowed by her insecurities. She wanted to be strong in her own right so that one day, her teammates would see HER back when they fight. She also wants to bring Sasuke back, which was something she couldn't do on her own, hence the POAL. She trusted that Naruto was the type of person who would never waver, thus she put that burden on his shoulders and at the same time, she trained to help him out. Her motivation always included Sasuke. She had expressed that when Sasuke was leaving the village, that loneliness was something she would experience if he was gone.

Naruto and the others have not forgotten that Sasuke is always an integral part of Sakura's life. The reason why I don't like NaruSaku is because it ignores the will of both characters. It ignores the possibility that they both have individual goals and feelings. Naruto hasn't made the indication that he wants to be Hokage to be acknowledged by Sakura (unlike Jiraiya's goal back then, which was partially focused on Tsunade). He also hasn't made any indication of his feelings for Sakura growing more and more (into love). Sakura's will and love for Sasuke is always there. She may have doubted him at times (ex. her fake smile, the darkness she saw in him, etc) but there was never any proof that says that she's moved on.

And finally, on to Sasuke's will (since I think we really can't ignore him if we talk about Naruto and Sakura). It's always been revenge. Now that he's achieved it at a degree, he realized that he needed a new set of priorities. Ironically, Sakura didn't support this (her shock LOL). Anyway, I wanted to be a bit playful with him and say that his other goal of restoring the Uchiha clan hasn't entered his mind yet, but when you look at the possible candidates, who else would he choose? I don't think Ino, Hinata, or Tenten had even the slightest bit of effect on him back in their genin days. I highly doubt that Masashi would drop the F-bomb on us and have him marry an unknown kunoichi or let the high-and-mighty Sasuke marry a civilian. And as for Karin... hmm... I can't even think of anything. Sasuke just deserves someone who would keep him grounded, which is at this point, Sakura (IMO). I have a lot of arguments to add with Sasuke, but I won't go in depth with them since I think I'd go off-topic.

For me, NaruSaku completely neglects the fact that they can progress so much more with other characters. Their individual wills can be reinforced if they don't end up with each other. Naruto can become the Hokage he dreams of if he has that one woman who always had faith in him since Day 1 (like the MinaKushi referrence) and Sakura has become stronger because of her motivations (for herself and Sasuke, among others).

That's my stand on the matter. :)
avatar
The Crafty Cracker


Posts : 11
Gender : Female

Back to top Go down

Re: NaruHina versus NarSak: Why we prefer our pairing over the rival

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum