Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments

+4
racefan1992
Aelita
engetsu
Zumeii-san
8 posters

Go down

Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments Empty Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments

Post by Zumeii-san Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:00 am

Yea! Harry Potter! Okay...so down to business. I am guessing that just about everyone has read all the books or watched all the Harry Potter movies. We know the Naruto compares a lot to Harry Potter, being that he is the main character. Poor Harry Potter had both parents killed because they were both willing to sacrifice their lives for Harry. Same goes for Naruto who's father sacrificed his own life by using the Shiki Fūjin or Dead Demon Consuming Seal to seal the yang half of the Kyūbi's chakra into Naruto. I believe Madara got to Naruto's mother. Either way, both parents seemed to have sacrificed their lives for Naruto and Naruto was left with a gift/curse that he would have to live with for the rest of his life. Harry had the curse from Voldemort that he had to deal with. Both had difficult lives and had to fight for respect and acceptance. Now down to pairing business. We all know that Harry had his two 'sidekicks' given that he was the main character. His were Hermoine and Ron. For Naruto it is Sakura and Sasuke. There are differences though and I think the backwardness is quite funny. For instance, Hermoine didn't like Ron til later and Harry never really liked Hermoine but appreciated her greatly. We see this team grow up as well as see Naruto's team grow up. Now, Harry is the main male Character of the team and Hermoine is the main heroine character. Naruto is the main male character of the team and Sakura if the main heroine of the team. Harry and Hermoine are close and consider themselves like brother and sister. Hermoine mentions Harry as her best friend. (we all know there were pairing wars in this series as well) Sakura and Naruto are close like brother and sister, they are really good friends. Hermione though cares deeply for Ron (although we know this happens a little later) and Harry has feelings for a side character who didn't get into the light until later, Ginny. Now Harry didn't really pay attention to Jenny but he saved her life and fought for her in the second book/movie. Now to Naruto, Sakura cares deeply for Sasuke and Naruto (I believe) has some feelings for a side character, Hinata. NS and its claims are that the main girl needs to end up with the main guy but did J.K. Rowling do this? No. Not really. Ron and Hermione end up together. I'm not implying that Sakura and Sasuke will end up together but it gives you something to think about. The main character, Harry ends up with Ginny who is a side character. Now again, I am not implying that Naruto and Hinata will end up together. I just want to show NS that main girl + main guy argument is irrelevant, truly. What do you guys think? Also do you have any input on Ginny's effect on Harry vs Hinata's effect on Naruto? Any leave any comments you want on this matter, I think it is interesting.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

BTW: I didn't know whether to put this in NH forum or Naruto forum, it could easily be both. so...
Zumeii-san
Zumeii-san

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments Empty Re: Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments

Post by engetsu Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 am

This is spot on, totally agree, it fits really well.

But kishi better not use ending no jutsu like Rowling and just fast forward and just show them for like 12 seconds together and the end.

That would not be a good payoff.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments Empty Re: Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments

Post by Aelita Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Well it is an example of the main character ending up with a with a side character instead of the main heroine in popular literature.

But that "main guy must end up with main girl because Shonen Law" argument has always been weak. It's not based in any evidence in the actual manga itself, but based on what other mangas by different authors have done in the past. If Kishimoto decides not to have Naruto end up with the main heroine... he doesn't have to! *Mind blown*
It's not like he's obligated to follow the main guy x main girl formula, If he doesn't want to follow it, he doesn't have to.

But there is a thread for debunking Anti-NH arguments: https://naruhina.forumotion.com/t369-debunking-anti-naruhina-statements

Last edited by Aelita on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 pm

One of the mods on here used Harry Potter as an example on one of my Naruto videos.

I agree with the example, DBZ is a good one too.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:59 am

racefan1992 wrote:One of the mods on here used Harry Potter as an example on one of my Naruto videos.

I agree with the example, DBZ is a good one too.

It depends who you're talking about in DBZ. Videl was introduced with the sole reason for hooking up with Gohan and her development in that direction was immediate following her introduction. But Videl was a really good character is DBZ, she was easily one of the most real characters.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:07 am

Gohan is not considered the main character. Goku is the main character. Anytime people talk about pairings in DBZ in terms of it not being "main/main" they're referring to Goku/Chichi and Vegeta/Bulma.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:27 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Gohan is not considered the main character. Goku is the main character. Anytime people talk about pairings in DBZ in terms of it not being "main/main" they're referring to Goku/Chichi and Vegeta/Bulma.

In the first 30 or so episodes of the Buu saga Gohan was the main character, and for a large part of the cell saga he was as well. During their development he was sure the MC, that's for sure.

Don't forget that Gohan was going to be "the next generation" but fans wanted Goku and Vegeta instead.

But I get what people are trying to say, it's a stupid argument to begin to imply that because Hinata isn't Team 7 that NH won't happen. Her character easily has the most development outside team 7 within the Konoha 11, that isn't close, and it isn't a coincidence either.

*edit* I would even argue her character receives the same amount of development as Sakura in part 2 if not more. While she has less scenes, Hinata's scenes are their to reinforce the fact that she's either trying to change or the fact that she IS changing.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:38 am

Oh wow, this was interesting.. It really is kind of similar now that I actually sit and think about it. +rep
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Zumeii-san Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 am

^Thanks! I think it is similar in a lot of ways. Seems almost like great writers think a like. Even from totally different countries XD I like the comparison.
Zumeii-san
Zumeii-san

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Ginny like Hinata also liked Harry (Naruto) since she was young. Just throwing that out there Harry Potter vs Narutoverse: Naruhina/Debunking NS arguments 2697176399

Last edited by Batokusanagi on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by RosettaMyst Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:16 pm

I remember some thought Harry/Hermione was gonna be endgame. My mom has always been a big fan of the Harry Potter series, even she could see Ron/Hermione was gonna be endgame. ;)
RosettaMyst
RosettaMyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down