Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continuation of Next Gen (Manga)

+3
Mustang
Irielo
Yamasaki Akaiko
7 posters

Go down

Continuation of Next Gen (Manga) Empty Continuation of Next Gen (Manga)

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:23 pm

If this should be moved, feel free. I've been debating with which forum to put this in.

Anyway, in "spring 2016" there will be a manga continuation featuring Boruto's peers. Kishimoto is going to do a one-shot on Mitsuki. Meanwhile, the Boruto series will be done by the person that co-wrote the Boruto movie along with Kishimoto (this person also wrote the Gaara novel & the Boruto movie novelization) and drawn by one of Kishimoto's assistants. Kishimoto is supposedly going to be supervising the Boruto series, which will be monthly.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Continuation of Next Gen (Manga) Empty Re: Continuation of Next Gen (Manga)

Post by Irielo Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:55 am

I think it's ok there as Gaiden could be seen as an introduction to the upcoming next generation manga.

I also heard about the stuffs you've mentioned above regarding the continuation and I find it very positive that Kishimoto will be supervising the project and that people who worked with him will be responsible for the story and the drawing.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Should be an interesting series as well, wonder what will come of it.

having Kishi supervise is really good as well, meaning that it will remain his story while he helps his apprentice, he kind of reminds me of a Jedi Master, he has an apprentice or two.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:37 pm

I hope next gen manga won't disappoint Naruto fans, and I glad Kishi still helping around
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:50 am

Eh, it's going to disappoint people... the initial manga run disappointed people too. The internet magnifies the discontent as well so every single problem (major or minor) will be covered.

The only real question I have right now is what is supposed to be going on with the "new" character in the promo poster.

The rest is just a matter of how much Suna is going to be involved to start since the only definite non-Konoha people on the promo poster are the Suna genin we saw in the Boruto movie (and how long until the other villages get involved in stuff).
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:49 am

We only hope new blood will revive series, most of us agree that Naruto already out of gas loong time ago anyway.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:17 am

db84x wrote:We only hope new blood will revive series, most of us agree that Naruto already out of gas loong time ago anyway.

This is a continuation of the series, right? The former ones never went "out of gas". Of course, there are disappointed fans who may have stopped, but there are always new fans who come in and also hardcore fans who did not let down the series. Moreover, if the series were not popular anymore, how would explain the success of the last two movies: Boruto and The Last?
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:42 am

It still have legion of fans and made a lot of money but the story is not fresh anymore.  Unlike One Piece which have plot device to rewind story, since Chunin exam Naruto story forced to keep advance.  Actually Kishi intended to focused on mission, but rejected by his old editor.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:48 am

^

Goes too show that what editors say goes.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:55 pm

db84x wrote:It still have legion of fans and made a lot of money but the story is not fresh anymore.  Unlike One Piece which have plot device to rewind story, since Chunin exam Naruto story forced to keep advance.  Actually Kishi intended to focused on mission, but rejected by his old editor.

Everyone has his/her own standards to appreciate a story or not… If it's a discussion about Kishimoto and the editors, then it would be for the best to start a new thread in regards to this issue. As for me, there are a lot of stuffs which I liked post the Chunin exams (as there are some stuffs I did not like). If, as a reader, I felt like the whole Naruto series, post the Chunin exams were forced, then I would have stopped tbh…

I also can not understand the "story is not fresh anymore" sentence. The "main" story has come to an end but there is going to be a follow up. Even Dragon Ball was followed by DBZ and after, Dragon ball Super. It all depends on how people react to it. Some may like, some may dislike…
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:19 pm

@ Irielo
I mean story became too DB, since just have advance option. In OP case, Oda have chance to reset story when Luffy move to other island and slowdown the pace story.

@ racefan1992
I think Kishi realize the weakness too but it to late.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Kishi has his own editors then there are those editors which work for management. Trust me i'm sure Kishi wanted too focus on missions (which in my opinion would have helped every other character out a lot).

Some editors you can work with, some you can not work with. Kishi must have had an editor who he couldn't work with.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Yes. Kishi "could"/"should" have focused on what he wanted to do… But at the end of the day, the story has been told the way it has been told, regardless of who is to be blamed for that or not…

Now, there is a continuation under Kishimoto's supervision. So, let's see what is going to come out of it instead of focusing of what could/should have happened in the former series.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:51 pm

I hope this time Kishi focused on mission to avoid the Boruto run out gas like Naruto.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:56 pm

I disagree that Kishimoto wanted to focus on "missions"--but perhaps I'll agree depending what is meant by "missions."

The only things I recall Kishimoto saying he got overruled on was earlier in the manga he would've had another Team 7 mission prior to the Chuunin exams (which would've pushed back the introduction of the Suna siblings, Team Gai, Team 8, & Team 10), Tsunade was going to fight Pain first instead of Naruto, having to create "Hebi/Taka" (as Kishimoto wanted Sasuke to be a "loner"--and guess what Kishimoto is having Sasuke do now... Sasuke is a "loner" just under better circumstances), cutting out some fights to bring back Naruto quicker during the war arc, and bringing back Toneri for the "Boruto" movie. Some of those are "rumors" that I'm not sure of the source whereas others I could find the source if I had to search.

I'm pretty sure that Kishimoto got most of what he wanted done accomplished. Kishimoto wanted Naruto to be about friends & looking forward while Sasuke was to be more about family & looking back. Once the two were able to see eye-to-eye despite their "opposite" views then he basically was done with the story.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 am

But all of us knew that most of character left idle, "mission" will gave time for Kishi to made them shine. OP and Gintama use this trick for prolong the story, too bad it rejected by his first editor.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:26 pm

After reading the first 2 chapters of the Boruto manga, I have to say, I am quite disappointed. The first colored pages were promising and looked very interesting, showing the fight between Boruto and Kawaki (if I got his name right). The rest is like a manga version of Boruto the movie… And God… the art work is one of the things which annoys me the most… One could find art works on DeviantArt which would easily be far better than what has been done so far (added to the fact that the Boruto/new generation manga is published monthly)
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:36 pm

The Artwork can get better, (I hope) but that doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the promising start with what looks like Naruto being killed off, then we head right into a highlight reel of the movie, which is just lazy on the new writer's part, we don't need to be told about what happened in the movie, we already know. the most recent chapter, I was like "get to the damn point already" backstory can wait.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:55 am

Regarding the artwork, it may get better (or not)… It also could be a way to drive people to watch the movie (where it is much better).

As for the backstory, I think they could have summarized everything into one chapter and then get to the point, but it seems we'll still have to wait to know what is really going on.

Anyway, if they want to do a manga version of the story (for now), I hope they expand on some stuffs the movie did not have the time to show…

PS: Sorry for the late reply.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:43 am

hey guys long time no see
I didn't even know boruto manga came out so I just read it
Even though the art work isn't kishi sensei's work I must say that I am impressed with the designs as well as the manga in the whole so far.

so basically from what I have gathered the manga is based off the boruto movie
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:31 am

First 10 chapters are out, mostly based on Boruto's movie... but to be honest IMHO, I don't like how they've drawn Naruto and Hinata... yes I know new manga, and so other things, won't argue with that... so that's that.... another thing... is how they portray Naruto and Hinata, Yes Naruto we all know his dream was been Hokage, but to make it so that the job is more important, that is something I highly disagree with, and with Hinata, that she only waits?? I mean seriously she could simply go and visit any time and any hour of the day and carry Himawari with her to visit Naruto at work, and HECK!!! sorry for the word, Naruto can easily leave what 5 clones or make 5 clones and help him do the paperwork, the same he does with other things, and finish faster, but instead make him work himself to the brink of exhaustion, and not let him be with his family... *sigh*... admittedly things look better now, but still, what other thing I don't agree with is, "not yet confirmed" that they Kill Naruto off and who knows maybe Hinata and Himawari too.... *growl* Seriously Naruto IS the most powerful one, and suddenly some runt no older than him says and I quote "Boruto, it's time I'll send you with the 7th" I mean, seriously?????!!!! GAH!!!... I'll just, to be honest don't know how to get this manga I'll simply let time pass... Continuation of Next Gen (Manga) 3359730729 to be honest I still prefer Naruto Manga and design and so, *shrug* who knows will have to see if I feel up to watching Boruto, The only Thing though to be honest I'd like to see is that Naruto and Hinata after whatever happens in the next chapters grow old together and maybe have 1 or 2 more kids *shrug* Been Honest.. I do like Himawari, Boruto, well I like him, but between Him and Himawari I prefer Hiamawari even though she hasn't been shown properly. so yeah that's my Honest Opinion
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down