Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie

+6
Yamasaki Akaiko
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
db84x
racefan1992
Taushishi17
Supyloco
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie  Empty Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie

Post by Supyloco Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:21 pm

I saw the movie and it was awesome. I want to get your thoughts on it for those who've seen it.
Supyloco
Supyloco

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie  Empty Re: Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie

Post by Taushishi17 Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 am

I went to see the movie as well and I can honestly say that the LAST 15 MINUTES was mega awesome and the rest of the movie was garbage. That movie was so boring that I was very close to leaving the theater but the only reason I pulled myself through was because of the ending spoilers I got and as as naruhina fan I had to see it for myself. There is a lot I could say on why I didn't like the movie but I'll be blunt:boring plot,tons of plot holes,boring villain,forced naruhina scenes, "OOCness" of the cast, and the list goes on.I really wished they could've put that ending in the manga that would've been amazing...
Taushishi17
Taushishi17

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie  Empty Re: Thoughts on The Last Naruto the Movie

Post by racefan1992 Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 am

Taushishi17 wrote:I went to see the movie as well and I can honestly say that the LAST 15 MINUTES was mega awesome and the rest of the movie was garbage. That movie was so boring that I was very close to leaving the theater but the only reason I pulled myself through was because of the ending spoilers I got and as as naruhina fan I had to see it for myself. There is a lot I could say on why I didn't like the movie but I'll be blunt:boring plot,tons of plot holes,boring villain,forced naruhina scenes, "OOCness" of the cast, and the list goes on.I really wished they could've put that ending in the manga that would've been amazing...

http://remedialaction.tumblr.com/post/109617544455/naruto-and-the-social-library

Read this, it'll will help you understand.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:17 am

Too bad it not came to my country so I have to wait DVD release
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:11 am

I saw it and Well I liked it a lot but mmm the thing with the main branch and side branch was kind of like the Hyuuga All over again mmm..But well what that posts says is basically what I've Know so far until now but never spoke bout it mmm... so dunno, So far I loved The NaruHina Scenes the most specially the last ones AND I TOTALLY LOST WITH THE KISS guhehehehe ehehehhehehehe *drool lost in thoughts*
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:37 pm

I saw it on Saturday.... don't read if you don't want to be spoiled:

My thoughts:
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:I saw it on Saturday.... don't read if you don't want to be spoiled:

My thoughts:

Honesty, always a good thing.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 am

Thanks ;)

I actually found this movie to be manga-like (with all the pluses & minuses that brings) and my interpretation of the characters was pushed forward so I have all the reasons to basically love the movie.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:15 am

But sadly I still felt SP scriptwriter bias on SS, Sasuke and Sakura need more love.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:21 am

db84x wrote:But sadly I still felt SP scriptwriter bias on SS, Sasuke and Sakura need more love.

I don't believe they have any sort of bias. The main reason they weren't featured in the Last is that neither were the hero (Naruto) or the heroine (Hinata). Sasuke served as the enjoyable cameo role which he performed his satisfyingly epic deed, and Sakura was the helper for both characters. Sakura also does recall Sasuke now and then.

Once the filler (Which naturally has little of any canon couples) ends, you'll see more SS in the Kaguya arch and the final arch, which I look forward to.

By the way, both for the manga and the movie, Heroine does not equal Love Interest, nor interchangeable as some misbelieve. When I post my essay about Heroines in Naruto, I'll explain more on how they're not related.  It will also serve as a nice analysis of the Last and the Manga and I'll try to explain why Hero is more prominent than Heroine in the Naruto manga. I hope people read it!

As a work to analyze, I LOVE the Last. For whatever your grievances or dislikes against the content it may be, it is very solid on the technical foundation. If I was to teach writing, the Last has several lessons to learn from.
H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:37 am

I just tired show how bias SP writer to SS, but positive side for the first time after part 1 over Sakura accurately portrayed.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Considering I don't believe the director/writer for "The Last" had done Naruto episodes before (the animators did though), "The Last" isn't completely related to the normal Naruto anime anyway.

Manga = Naruto's friendship drama (Team 7-centered for the most part, but occasionally others, such as Shikamaru)
"The Last" = Naruto's romance drama (NaruHina-centered as that was the intended pairing for Naruto)
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:20 am

I am very appreciative of all the work they put into it -and- enduring all the criticism that comes with it. Making an animated movie and serialized Manga is a lot of work.

Having done simple animating in School. (Animated a Sakura themed Roller Coaster with Sakura Trees and), its hard. It took me weeks just to get a decent fourty-second running work, which was still of horrible quality compared to professional works.

I posted it elsewhere so sorry if I'm repeating, but wanted to post:

1: My main criticism with the movie was Toneri. To be honest He was still decent, just the main thing that needed to be fixed for him was informing us of his motivations with the Hyuuga. You could make implications on his business with the Hyuuga clan, but no concrete answers. He doesn't need to be fantastic. Better he be boring than distracting with the showlight.

2: I didn't find anything OOC. Inconsistent characterization tends to occur towards and happened in instances towards the beginning of a serialized work. They knew and understood their characters perfectly, even though they were two years older. I think if people found them OOC, they found them OOC to how -they- believed them to be in their head. If we were in a writer's circle we would probably be telling them how they are missing details that would fix their understanding of a character.

3: Has no one stressed how beautiful the animation is? Road to Ninja felt like another episode, albeit remastered in its quality. The Last is in a class of its own. I like its soundtrack too. The song that plays when they fly into Toneri's castle is easily a favorite, as well as the songs during both scarf exchanges.

4: So I love Romance in adventure movies. This had a lot of romance in it. Subjectively, I was 100% satisfied. It could have been an SS movie or another canon couple and gosh, still a sucker for romance in general. The Naruhina Romance was adorable.

5: The Little things:
I: Some people were bothered by Hinata taking Toneri's eyes out in the end. No one else was more appropriate to do it though: Its pretty much resembles the end of her Heroine quest, which I will post about in my essay, and they had to come out somehow.
II: While I would have liked to have Hinata fight a little more as she looked so cool in the fight she did have, I understand based on the plot she was going through, there wasn't much to squeeze in. And Naruto is the protagonist.
III: The Cast was well balanced.
IV: The plot -wasn't- boring for me. The doom of the moon part at the same time, isn't what I'm focusing on though, so I'm not interested in the scenes where they are destroying the meteors (Except for Sasuke's appearance, woot!). I was focused on the romance and essentially Rescue Hanabi Team vs. Toneri.
Overall, a great movie.

P.S. The Little Mermaid is your favorite Disney Movie? Hrm, of the classics I think I prefer Mulan because of that ONE song, and the protagonist was quite interesting. It felt a little more original. Of course, the Little Mermaid also has that ONE song, but I heard it too many times while being a Teacher's Aid over summer school.

H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:52 am

It will came into my country in April '15, I hope it will realeased in my hometown.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:56 am

After watching it, I can say I enjoyed it overall. I like the patience Hinata showed to knit the scarf over and over again although it got teared several times, which symbolizes how strong bonds are and how they need to be nurtured and sometimes "repaired" (if needed).

There was something I always wanted to see: Sakura motivating NaruHina and it happened. I was served. Great!

The NH moment I appreciate the most during the movie is when Naruto and Hinata were running together (towards the end) and some images of the past were superposing at the same time. That was amazingly awesome.

What I did not really enjoy was Toneri's character. As a villain, I found that his personality lacked of charisma and his goal was "unappealing". His design was quite cool though.

Some might complain about Sasuke's short appearance on the screen but Sasuke's action was vital and efficient as he was the one who brought an injured Hiashi back to Konoha, so he most likely saved him + he saved the village by destroying this piece of the moon which was falling on it. So, he displayed some heroic feats inside a short amount of time.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixmiko Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:42 pm

I adore The Last as a Naruto film. The animation is gorgeous (especially in HD on Bluray!) the soundtrack is riveting and the Japanese voice-acting is wonderful. I still much prefer the subbed after giving the dub a few watches. The Last's story is interesting and has some nice canon elements used in there as a basis for the plot. The anime designs for the movie-only timeskip are pretty good, though I like Kishimoto's rough sketches a lot more. Of course, the romance is sweet and at times emotional. I welled up or cried a couple of times watching this film. It is my favourite Naruto movie!

On the film's shortcomings, I mostly agree with Taushishi17 in that the plot left much to be desired canon-wise and the romance along with the characters' actions seemed forced, random, senseless or OOC on a lot of occasions compared to the manga. The Last's claim to canon is tenuous at best for me and I cannot reconcile the story with that of the source material. There were quite a number of instances where characters were OOC, implausible events transpired, explanations made no sense, retcons occurred and random or unnecessary features were added.

As an anime-only and filler film, The Last works. Heck, the anime adaptation could be its own canon, what with all of the filler it has and The Last would fit nicely into that as SP's version of how Naruto and Hinata got together and what things were like two years after the war. Basically, this film is filler just like all of the other Naruto movies in my view, regardless of other fans thinking and saying it is canon.
phoenixmiko

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

It made and approved by Kishi, so it canon.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixmiko Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:28 am

db84x, Road to Ninja was made and approved by Kishi too. So are you saying Road to Ninja is canon?
phoenixmiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:09 pm

I think it depends on the degree of participation of Kishimoto in both movies. If Kishi's involvement in The Last had more weight than his participation in Road to Ninja, then I would consider The Last as close to canon, canon or semi-canon.

Anyway, there are some stuffs with which I am uncomfortable (to say the least) when it comes to the movie regarding the NaruHina development compared to what it seemed to be in the manga...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:48 am

Kishi already race against time to save his masterpiece from Bleach fate. Using movie is a lame one but do you expect car which already run out gas move ?
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:48 am

Road Too Ninja isn't canon. It is a "what-if" scenario that Kishi thought about. The Last is canon, he said so himself.

I recognize The Last for what it is but the 2 year time is completely unnecessary. All Naruto needed was context, he could have gotten that right after the war ended.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:47 pm

db84x wrote:Kishi already race against time to save his masterpiece from Bleach fate.  Using movie is a lame one but do you expect car which already run out gas move ?

I still do not understand the "gas out" thing and I think I won't understand it neither...

racefan1992 wrote:Road Too Ninja isn't canon. It is a "what-if" scenario that Kishi thought about. The Last is canon, he said so himself.

I recognize The Last for what it is but the 2 year time is completely unnecessary. All Naruto needed was context, he could have gotten that right after the war ended.

To the bolded: Absolutely! Two years seem too long imo, as far as I can see how NaruHina developed in the manga. Well, maybe Kishimoto wanted them to be young adults before they start to date or, maybe, showing how successful Naruto was among girls and women after the war, was a way to emphasize that he had several "possibilities" but remained true to his deep feelings. Anyway, I am still not comfortable with the 2 years stuff...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:31 am

^

Kishimoto wanted them too be 18 years old. They were both 16-17 at wars ended. That is old enough too be together. Yes Naruto lacked maturity but Hinata doesn't care. She always accepted him, even his quirks. Naruto was emotionally mature enough too be with her at wars end.

The original plan was for them too be together at wars end (or just after) but Kishimoto changed his mind. I do not doubt Naruto is Kishis favorite character but i would want too make my favorite character happy as soon as possible. He swung and missed on that. Missed badly.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm

You guys should be happy I didn't make the decision. I would've had them be 21-22 years old before they got together if it were up to me. I greatly appreciate the time-skip.

Whoever wrote the original script for "The Last" clearly had Naruto & Hinata get together very soon after the war ended. I wish people would stop even remotely claiming that SP had anything to do with the 2 year skip. Kishimoto insisted that Naruto & Hinata had to both be 18+ before they could get together which tells you that SP had Naruto & Hinata get together when they were 17/16 right after the war. I once said on tumblr that I tend to crack up over most complaints about "The Last" because almost all of them go back to decisions Kishimoto forced on the group to make the movie be canon in Kishimoto's mind.

As for bringing up "Road to Ninja," that doesn't count because of how Kishimoto described it. He said that "Road to Ninja" allowed him to have a movie where Naruto could be with Minato & Kushina and specified that it was something based on things that could never happen in canon. However, Kishimoto described "The Last" as allowing him to have a romance story in canon that he did not feel comfortable to write/draw himself. That's basically why there's pretty much no romance going on in Gaiden nor Boruto--Kishimoto isn't going to do it himself--but there has been some in the novels by WSJ as others don't have as much a problem doing it (or attempting to do it). The closest Kishimoto has gotten to doing "romance" in is the Kiba one-shot with Kiba & Tamaki (and that was very tame).

There's no NaruHina development in "The Last." The only thing that could even be considered "development" that happens in "The Last" is that Naruto realizes that he's been in love with Hinata for a long time. However, chapter 700 had firmly established that Naruto clearly was in love with Hinata for a long time almost a full month before "The Last" was released.

Unless you are an anime-only watcher, there is no NaruHina development in "The Last." All of it had already been established in the manga beforehand (but the anime is in the middle of the war so obviously the story hasn't ended for an anime-only watcher; and those anime-only watchers who chose to watch "The Last" I do feel a little for because of fillers & the story not being over means it can come as a surprise in a multitude of ways). The only thing "The Last" did was specify that Naruto & Hinata got together when they were 19 (Naruto) & 18 (Hinata) officially and got married when they were both 19. Being specific about when things happened that you already knew is not development... it's just giving details to things you already know.

It's one of the many reasons why I wish "moments" or "interactions" were separated from "development." Moments & interactions can be forms of development but they aren't always--and many times in stories like Naruto, they aren't development.

The only actual developments in "The Last" were for Hamura, Hanabi (because she finally was given an official personality that the manga never gave her due to her lack of speaking in the manga--she spoke to Hiashi during the Naruto/Neji fight and that was it outside of hushing Neji in Hinata's dream), the Hyuuga clan, and the Ootsutsuki clan. Technically there are some other minor things (such as Naruto teaching at the academy as a guest teacher of sorts) but I'm not getting into everything or this long post would become even longer.

I am curious to what was being considered out of character in "The Last" though. I have things I roll my eyes at (mainly the convenience of some things such as where Hinata was landing choosing the moment she lands to break so Naruto can go back to get her and Sasuke finding Hiashi so he can be in Konoha to save Kakashi). I just consider it silly the same way lots of things in the manga are silly (such as Neji telling the Hyuuga background story involving Hiashi, Hizashi, Hinata & himself to Naruto and the entire crowd during the Naruto/Neji fight instead of just knocking out Naruto before Naruto decides to use Kurama's power) if you truly choose to go all in on it. We all have things where we choose to suspend our disbelief for because it's all a fictional story at the end of the day--and then there are things we choose not to suspend our disbelief (and many times when choose to be "okay" with something versus "not okay" with something coincide with if we personally like the thing). However, there is a huge difference between not liking something and something being out of character.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:59 am

^

You said he was clearly in love with Hinata. The time skip isn't necessary. All he needed was proper context and there you go. Kids now a days start dating at 16/17 anyway, even in Japan i'm hazarding a guess. Me and @Irielo and some others disagree with the time skip. Far as i see it is a valid complaint. The Last itself is fine other then then the time skip.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next