Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase

+4
Rasengan671
Yamasaki Akaiko
GreatKungLao
Dajasha
8 posters

Go down

Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase Empty Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase

Post by Dajasha Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:10 am

I don't know if you guys have already read it
but here's a article with a new satement of Kishi-sensei regarding the manga and its state

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/11/masashi-kishimoto-narutos-story-is-at-final-phase/

Dajasha
Dajasha

Back to top Go down

Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase Empty Re: Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase

Post by GreatKungLao Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:32 am

That's good news, at least for me. I would rather like to have Naruto with a good, decent, actual ending.

I have lived through experience, when a very good series was closed with cliffhanger as an ending and without any chances to be rehabilitated later (Heroes, Sliders, Double Arts, Stargate Universe, etc.). I don't want anything like that with Naruto. I want to see Naruto manga get the actual ending, with Naruto becoming Hokage and him marrying with Hinata.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase Empty Re: Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:42 am

So, in other words, Kishimoto repeated himself from back in 2012, except this time he stated the obvious that we will deal with Madara then Sasuke (whereas last time he stated the obvious that we will find out who Tobi is) and didn't technically specify how long it will take him unlike last time where he tried to do so.

Anyway, he's basically seemingly shut out Orochimaru though for those who were kind of hoping he'd get a shot at being a big bad again. It's going to be weird that a year from now that Naruto is going to be pretty much over. I think we'll get into 2015, but I doubt it'll last to 2016.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasengan671 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:07 am

This same talk has been going for 2+ years now, nothing new. Plus, I think he's referring to this arc alone because A) The Juubi has already been dealt with in regards to what he said and B) we still have to have Naruto vs Sasuke as it was promised years ago. That's one of my favorite things about the manga, Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry and I'm waiting to see my boy wipe the floor with Sauce. And that can't happen right now or in the near future based on current circumstances.

Beyond that, there's still so much left to explore and go through. Plus, I whole heartedly believe there will be a second time skip to where all the K11 are legit adults in their mid 20's or so. Orochimaru and Sasuke could become full blown villains, the Sage's Elder Son could show up and start causing hell, or he could bring in a completely new villain in a few feasible ways. I personally don't think the interview is addressing anything outside of this very arc. Only time will tell.
Rasengan671
Rasengan671

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:23 am

^Sasuke isn't going to become a full blown villain ever. He's meant to be an anti-hero and that's all he's going to be. Kishimoto already said that he's not doing another time skip. He also said that when this war ends, that the series will basically be over.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:37 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:^Sasuke isn't going to become a full blown villain ever. He's meant to be an anti-hero and that's all he's going to be. Kishimoto already said that he's not doing another time skip. He also said that when this war ends, that the series will basically be over.
^This!

Why should Sasuke be automatically a villain? Because his way of doing things is different from Naruto? or because he is an Uchiha? Sasuke might have learnt from the mistakes of his clan, from the former Hokages and his brother... He is now facing two opponents of the Uchiha clan and I do believe he will try to avoid to take the same path like them although the wounds he bears in the heart are still not closed. Sakura has probably the remedy.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:10 pm

I hate endings...but It will be good to see a nice legitimate ending for this series. I've suffered through some really horrible endings for otherwise excellent stories and I really wouldn't want that for Naruto. If the ending is coming I'm hoping it will be one that clears everything up with a possible flash to the future to follow up how everyone turned out.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Sad to see the ending but exciting too. :D
I really hope Kishi does justice, cause to be honest manga hasn't been its best lately. In my personal opinion of course. Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto’s Story is at Final Phase 1083899712
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasengan671 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:54 pm

He also said to expect massive Hyuga development and that the manga would end in Decemeber, but those aren't happening either. As well as showcasing Hiruzen and giving Kakashi more panel time (that one is kinda true, I guess). Kishimoto goes back and forth between ideas, time will tell.

But I'm still not sold on Sasuke not being a villain. He's been resistant all this time to Naruto and who knows what affect Madara will have on him, positive or negative. Completely plausible for Sauce to get pushed over the edge a la his Taka days and capture a Bijuu or two and try to go ham before catching an Odama Rasen-Shuriken to the face. Flip side is possible as well, maybe he did reform. I guess we'll see in the coming chapters. But just because Kishi said something in an interview doesn't necessarily make it law, as he's decided against some things. I recall him saying something about Shino playing a bigger role too, in addition to the other stuff.

I'm just Saiyan.
Rasengan671
Rasengan671

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Sasuke being a villain in the end would make no sense. Naruto has to succeed where his predecessors failed, and that includes saving his friend/comrade Sasuke from the darkness. Naruto has been going on and on about how he can't be Hokage until he saves Sasuke, and then Itachi says Sasuke is a canvas that can be painted any color if the right person comes along, and we all know Naruto is that person.

Sasuke's intentions are ambiguous right now, but he did basically say he's not going to let his brothers sacrifice go to waste. He put it on his brother, I don't think he's going evil again, but that his motives to change the system will conflict with Naruto's. If Sasuke remains on the wrong end, then not only will the theme have failed about not saving your comrade, but Team 7 will not be laughing again.

What kind of ending is that after he's been shoving this stuff down our throat for years? Plus, Sasuke has never been portrayed as the "villain" we've heard many times already that he's a victim of the times, never an all out villain.

As for the series ending, I'm sad because I just got into it about a year or two ago...but I'm more hoping NaruHina will happen and we will get a good ending. Kishi will hopefully pick up the pace this time and do justice to the characters. I expect more Tenten before this is all over, and Sakura better fight with her boys. -.-

Hyuga backstory please? Hinata Lion Fists + 64 palms. The mega-forever sinking of NarSack, ss and Team 7 laughing again plz.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Massive Hyuuga focus? He never said that. Kishimoto did say that there would be some Hyuuga spotlight and it already happened. This is where the fact that we read the manga early illegally screws up with Kishimoto's promotions. Kishimoto made that Hyuuga focus statement before chapter 614 was to be released in Japan. The problem? We had already read chapter 614 illegally online. In fact, his full statement made that obvious because he talked about Shikaku & Inoichi being killed off last chapter (but that was 613, not the last chapter we had read at the time). While some of us were able to make the connection that Kishimoto was hyping up chapters 614-617 considering the fact that Hyuugas (Neji & Hinata) got to take center stage for chapters 614 & 615 and continued to be very important for chapters 616 & 617 (further emphasized by the fact that they got to be on the cover for Volume 64), others are convinced that wasn't what he was referring to and must mean something else. While I'm sure the Caged Bird Seal will come up again (as it was mentioned during those chapters), but it's not going to take much to resolve and will be a post-war wrap up thing (along with the succession deal--and we'll finally get to see Hanabi in Part 2 I hope).

Manga end in December? He never said that. Kishimoto did say that he felt that he might finish the manga in 18 months, which would've been December 2013 based on when he said it, but he also said at the same time that it might take him longer. So he left himself an out.

Showcasing Hiruzen? That's happened already. We might get some small snippet again whenever Orochimaru gets some more minor focus, but there's not much to do with him anymore. He told his part when it came to Itachi so there's nothing else for him.

Showcasing Kakashi? That's happened already. In fact, that's been going on for a very long time now. It's finally ending due to the end of Obito.

Shino? Never talked about in any interview I've ever seen recently. The same goes for most characters.

Sasuke? Bubbles already addressed it, but I will just emphasize that the entire story hinges on Naruto & Sasuke coming to terms on the same side. That was the problem with the Sage's sons and just about every version of "the two" that has gone on in each generation. So unless Naruto and Sasuke both become "evil villains," they're both going to have to be "good guys" or else this cycle that is supposed to end would continue. However, the prophecy says that the cycle will end so either the world is destroyed (both are villains) or the world is saved (both are heroes). While I do expect something contrived to put it in doubt for awhile (because this is an action-based story), the general ending is very clear as we all know that the world isn't going to be destroyed (unless possibly referring to the shinobi system). The details are the only things not known.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Sasuke? Bubbles already addressed it, but I will just emphasize that the entire story hinges on Naruto & Sasuke coming to terms on the same side. That was the problem with the Sage's sons and just about every version of "the two" that has gone on in each generation. So unless Naruto and Sasuke both become "evil villains," they're both going to have to be "good guys" or else this cycle that is supposed to end would continue. However, the prophecy says that the cycle will end so either the world is destroyed (both are villains) or the world is saved (both are heroes). While I do expect something contrived to put it in doubt for awhile (because this is an action-based story), the general ending is very clear as we all know that the world isn't going to be destroyed (unless possibly referring to the shinobi system). The details are the only things not known.
^
This. I forgot to add that in as well. Yes, Sasuke and Naruto coming together is the biggest theme of this manga. It's doing what the others didn't do, and that's working together. Now either Naruto is going to be evil with Sasuke and destroy the world (lawl), or they are both going to change the world for the better together.

This all started with choosing one over the other to rule, but this story is going to end positively with the two working together as it should have been from the beginning. Because not just one side is better than the other. Love (Senju) and Power (Uchiha) ruling separately doesn't work, you need both. Doesn't that have to do with the whole "Yin and Yang" as well? I could be wrong [it could be both Kurama's instead] but...

More importantly, this series isn't even about evil vs. good because the point is that there is no true evil, it's the world that makes villains, the system itself that fucked it all up and all about the path that one chooses. If Sasuke chooses darkness in the end after everything, nothing has been learned and the cycle will continue.

Kishi is rather idealistic, I doubt it's going to end that way again.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down