Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eren Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Eren Discussion Empty Eren Discussion

Post by Rin Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:54 am

So, what's an anime or manga without obligatory main character discussion?Eren Discussion 1461727051 

Go wild.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Eren Discussion Empty Re: Eren Discussion

Post by Irielo Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 am

Is it a thread about Eren or Shingeki no Kyojin or manga/anime/main character issue in general?
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 am

About Eren.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:40 am

@Irielo I think they just want us to discuss the main character, since all anime and manga should have main character discussion. xD And it's true!

I like Eren quite a lot. He can be incredibly stubborn, but I admire his courage. He's been through hell and back, and terrible things get thrown at him all the time, but he has a genuine dream he fights for. Freedom is such a precious thing, and it's great to see how kids like him and Armin appreciate it more than most adults in this manga.

His words to Mikasa were full of truth. "Fight, you can't win if you don't fight. If you win you live!" (or something along those lines). In the world they live in, that's the only option, to fight. Especially when he has such a dream about freedom.

There are things of course, that scare me about him. Like the fact that at the age of 9(?) he killed two men without hesitation. That is scary, he had good reason and he protected Mikasa, but him being a kid at the time was really unsettling.

All in all, I think he's a great main character, his struggles are justified, and I really want him to achieve that dream of his.

Last edited by Strawberry on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 am

Well, you caught me red handed. Guilty. I am an Eren fangirl. Since you caught me, the least I can do is admit.

xD
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:58 am

@Strawberry You gave a good description about Eren's character. In fact Eren is someone who knows that he lives in a cruel world. There are the titans of course but there are some humans he knows he can't trust. He is a survivor and that he might have learned since his childhood. That could explain why he did not hesitate to protect Mikasa. Moreover, he used to fight against others in the streets.

So he was already used to violence. What is very interesting with Eren too is that he was not naive about the possibility of the titans attacking Wall Maria and it happened.

Nevertheless, his dreams of discovering the world outside the walls shows how ready he is to discover the truth and how important freedom is to him. That's why he wanted to enter the Scout Legion.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:43 am

Now, I am curious, why did Annie want to capture him? Could it be something akin to love?
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:15 am

Index-chan wrote:Now, I am curious, why did Annie want to capture him? Could it be something akin to love?
I think these titans like Annie, Berthold and Reiner wanted to capture Eren because of something else which has to do probably with his ability. Nevertheless, I always found that Eren and Annie looked good together... It seems that the story is leading to a Eren x Mikasa thing.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 am

One can never know.....
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Index-chan wrote:Now, I am curious, why did Annie want to capture him? Could it be something akin to love?
Nothing suggests that, to be honest. Remember the three of them (Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie) have been working together since the very beginning. They're just after Eren for that "coordinate", which seems to be the new power he got to control titans with.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Strawberry wrote:
Nothing suggests that, to be honest. Remember the three of them (Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie) have been working together since the very beginning. They're just after Eren for that "coordinate", which seems to be the new power he got to control titans with.
yea and all three failed miserably.
is eren's new power a sort of idk light. I mean is it a way to bring peace between humans and titans? but then again it was said it could be the most dangerous inside or outside the walls(I can't remember which one)
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:51 pm

^ That they did! Goes to show humanity can fight back.

I don't really know, to be honest. We have to wait and see if Eren's control over the titans is only temporary. I think the one who said Eren having the coordinate was the worst was Reiner, but on the contrary, Ymir said that with that thing, life inside the walls would be possible, despite the hell that's supposed to be unleashed soon upon them.

I will side with Ymir on this one. I think Eren having it definitely gives humanity new hope, despite how dangerous it might be.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down