Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the use of all these pairing wars?

+3
Aelita
GreatKungLao
Irielo
7 posters

Go down

What is the use of all these pairing wars? Empty What is the use of all these pairing wars?

Post by Irielo Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:47 am

I can't understand that really. Everybody should ship in peace but no... Kishimoto wrote a shonen manga, not a romance. But what is amazing in Naruto, is the power that love can give to achieve something. It's something through which characters evolve to achieve greatness or even madness. That's how I see the role of love in this manga.

Unfortunately wars have started because of this pairings' issues... And what if Kishimoto decides to put on the last page of the whole manga who is going to end up with who? or worst if Kishi does not even care about that and no pairing is shown at the end of the day?

I mean, that's a shonen manga and he is still free to do so...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

What is the use of all these pairing wars? Empty Re: What is the use of all these pairing wars?

Post by GreatKungLao Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 am

You said by yourself - it's a shonen manga.

If Kishimoto didn't cared about love aspect, would he draw and write the whole chapter for love Confession?

And even if it's a shonen, it is still full of drama, which is even stronger, than the shonen aspects. The love involed pretty much everywhere in Naruto, even villains based on love and how it influenced them.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

What is the use of all these pairing wars? Empty Re: What is the use of all these pairing wars?

Post by Irielo Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:05 am

That's it GreatKungLao! Love influences the characters in this manga but it's not a love story like mangas which deal with romance essentially.

There are different type of love here: romantic, friendship, parental.

But that's not a story about who is going to end up with who. That goes beyond that: it shows you how love can change people for the best: NaruHina (souls' connexion, mutual support and understanding, selflessness) or for the worst: Obito for instance.

I'd really like it (even die of happiness) if NaruHina happened but the fact that it is still a shonen manga gives freedom to the mangaka to decide whether he will make any pairing canon at the end of the day or not...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:09 pm

I think some people forget romance is a only a subplot lol. I'd say romance makes up a good 12% (at most) of this manga, all ships combined.

I dunno man, some people are just intolerant of people who think differently than they do. I mean there's shipping discussions where you try converse with the other side and try to understand them better and bring your own points and beliefs to the table.
And then there's shipping wars where all you're doing is taunting or harassing the other ships fans, bashing its characters and bashing the other ship with arguments like "if you like X ship you're retarded!"

It dissolves from intelligent discussion to a back and forth of "Ship Y is canonz!! You mad bitches?" "You're wrong stupid! Ship Y sucks and will never become canon because blah blah blah!" "No, You're wrong retard because blah blah!" "No, you're wrong assface!" "No you are douchebag!" "No you!" "No, you!" "Fans of ship Y are arrogant and rude!" "Fans of ship X are idiotic and immature!"
(this is also the main reason behind the "Hate the concept of NS, not its fans" rule on the forum, to prevent from encouraging this kind of behavior). And there have been fans on all sides guilty of this, there's bad eggs in every fandom.

But that could be said about many fandoms. Avatar: the last airbender was infamous for its shipping wars between Zutara and Kataang. If you think the Naruto ship wars are bad, the Avatar series ended in like 2008 and there's still shipping wars going on. In a documentary, the creators of the show revealed that they were actually baffled by the intensity of "shipping" on the internet and how much people devoted themselves to who should end up with who--which was a small subplot of the show.

Kishi, could troll us all and have an open ending if he wanted too (my god I hope not, these shipping wars would never end). Shipping is nice and all--as stressful it can be on the heart, but if you're reading Naruto for the shipping, you're not going to have a good time lol (not talking about anyone specifically).
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Pairing wars come from intolerence. I've seen much of it since Aug 2010 (got back into Naruto because Hinata confessed). People now a days have a hard time taking others different opinions. There are good people out there but not enough to make it worth while to get into a discussion about pairings (except on here).

Too tie pairing wars to Motorsports, been around (watching) motorsports for 20 years, toke me 10 to come up with this conclusion: Fan opinions don't mean jack. It will not effect the final product of what your talking about.) (Well i have been wrong about that, writers do listen to their fans, sometimes for worse). However, writers do what makes them $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s, Kishi is no different. He'll do whatever it takes to make his bank account grow. He's been doing this for over a decade, he has made his money, now i feel he just wants to finish his creation to the best of his ability and fans aren't going to change that. He'll do what he wants.

As a neutral shipper, i find the "war" part of "pairing wars" rather immature and distasteful. I know good people on both sides (NS and NH) and they are nice to talk too. But sadly, others take it too far and ruin it for me. I will admit, because of the pairing wars, i about left Naruto again.

Love is a subplot of Kishis creation but it does play a part in his creation, after all Kishi is a married man and knows a thing or two about love and what it can do for you. I really don't think Kishi will disappoint us or me (i want Hinata to be happy and resolved as a character.)

Spoiler:
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi75 Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:10 pm

you know an open ending i would realy hate.
-
i hope we get an ending, that leaves no doubt in anyone's mind ^_^
itachi75

Back to top Go down

Post by JulaShona Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:39 am

itachi75 wrote:you know an open ending i would realy hate.
-
Kishi-sama said in an interview that he at least makes one pairing canon at the end.
JulaShona
JulaShona

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi75 Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:51 am

JulaShona wrote:
itachi75 wrote:you know an open ending i would realy hate.
-
Kishi-sama said in an interview that he at least makes one pairing canon at the end.
can you link me that again, i used to have the image on my computer but i lost it What is the use of all these pairing wars? 2801306734 
itachi75

Back to top Go down

Post by JulaShona Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:08 am

itachi75 wrote:]
can you link me that again, i used to have the image on my computer but i lost it What is the use of all these pairing wars? 2801306734 
I'm sorry but I don't have it either.What is the use of all these pairing wars? 3516892631  I just can remember that it was said in an interview.
JulaShona
JulaShona

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:17 am

The use? What's the use of the "Naruto" manga itself? It's not like they have a purpose, but disagreements will inevitably arise between groups with opposing views on something.
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi75 Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:13 pm

What is the use of all these pairing wars? SJ_magazine
^here is the link
itachi75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down