Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements

+17
Aelita
NekoKimio
Batokusanagi
Twin Steps
Vir
Strawberry
narutohokage123
ClassyLPS
Yamasaki Akaiko
eromreven
Bubbles
Graeystone
CoolChels
kagome1991
racefan1992
Mustang
phoenixmiko
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements Empty Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements

Post by phoenixmiko Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 pm

People said…

Hinata was weak and cowardly, she had no drive, she was a stalker who admired Naruto, that she did not love him (and if she did, she would never confess), that NaruHina had little to no development, that Naruto had a crush on Sakura and would never look her way or care about her…but it turned out that:

• Hinata was not a stalker
  • she did love as well as admire Naruto
  • NaruHina received substantial development
  • Naruto did more than look her way; he acknowledged her, empathised with and let down his guard around her
  • Hinata was strong and fearless
  • she and Naruto shared the same ninja way
  • she did more than confess to Naruto; she saved his life and sacrificed herself for him
  • Naruto cared about her to the extent that rage consumed him when it seemed she had been killed and he let the Kyuubi take over
  • Her apparent death enraged and pained him so much that when he transformed, he grew six tails and almost reached nine; this was after he had sworn to never use the fox’s power again
  • He became furious with Neji for hurting her feelings and seriously injuring her, vowing with her blood dripping from his fingers that he would win
  • Hinata restored Naruto’s resolve after seeing her cousin die, staying strong for him
  • She promised that she would stop running to catch up with him and that she would walk by his side, holding his hand after the war
  • They fought and walked side by side during the war and Naruto held her hand
  • Naruto did more than notice her presence watching him; he recognised that she had been by his side the whole time and thanked her, declaring that his life was no longer his own
  • He gave Kyuubi chakra to her first
  • He swore to change the Hyuuga clan when he became Hokage
  • Hinata was the first one to ever acknowledge him, the one person who never feared him and who always believed in him - even back when the whole village hated his very existence

phoenixmiko

Back to top Go down

Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements Empty Re: Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements

Post by Mustang Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 pm

You know something, I am not sure you noticed this, but to me (not sure about you guys) this story reminds me of the story of Beauty (Hinata) and the Beast (Naruto) everyone looked down on Naruto thought of him as a beast/demon because of Kurama being sealed inside of him, but the only one that noticed him to being more than a monster was Hinata. she acknowledged him as a wonderful person and saw beyond that, she as you pointed out was not a stalker, she was admiring Naruto from a distance because she wasn't sure how to express herself, even though she is a shy and gentle character she knew that Naruto was special and saw him as a pillar of strength not only for her character development, but because she truly saw potential in Naruto, this admiration turned into a crush, but that crush eventually turned into undying love for Naruto. That to me is something we saw in the story of Beauty and the Beast, Belle saw beyond that tough exterior and saw a beautiful soul, she turned him around and was the first to show love for Beast.

now the thing is that Naruto had some that acknowledged him but it wasn't enough to hide that pain of being rejected. eventually it was up to Belle to change beast into a kind hearted person, the same could be said for Hinata to Naruto, when ever Naruto needed someone to encourage him when he was feeling down, he seemed to have turned to Hinata more and more.

eventually Naruto opened up more to loving Hinata, then we get the moment where he acknowledged Hinata by thanking her for being by his side, then there is one other thing, not sure who said it, but I would like to think that it was Naruto, saying that he would never let go of her hand.

I agree with the comments you displayed.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:23 am

51-mustang wrote:

but I would like to think that it was Naruto, saying that he would never let go of her hand.

That was actually an editors note from what i remember (and my memory at times is nought). I wouldn't lend much too it. Mileage will vary tho.

Kishimoto HAS proven Hinata is a very strong women. The turning point for me in her character was her confession. I highly doubt Part 1 Hinata would have something like that.

Agree with your points, especially the ones about Hinata.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:27 am

You have executed all the major points wonderfully! I agree with everything you have pointed out. Great job! Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 2865921181
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:45 am

I love analysis such as these and want to say great job! Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 1307054839
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am

racefan1992 wrote:
51-mustang wrote:

but I would like to think that it was Naruto, saying that he would never let go of her hand.

That was actually an editors note from what i remember (and my memory at times is nought). I wouldn't lend much too it. Mileage will vary tho.

Kishimoto HAS proven Hinata is a very strong women. The turning point for me in her character was her confession. I highly doubt Part 1 Hinata would have something like that.

Agree with your points, especially the ones about Hinata.

Well the it was just a small comparison, it was just something I noticed as well when I remembered when I was a little kid I watched that movie a fair bit, but also Purple People Eater, well the latter is for a different time. Yes I agree with you on that Hinata's confession turn things on it's head, it was really obvious in Episode 33 of shippuden he still made Hinata's love for Naruto relevant, the confession was highly important because of Naruto's dwindling feelings for Sakura. Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 2617627483
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:14 am

'Hinata the Stalker' is one that grinds my gears for the following reasons-
1) Hinata only spied on Naruto once and that was accidental as Hinata just happened upon seeing Naruto trying to train. Otherwise its circumstances that brings them together - Nagato's invasion, Naruto (Clone[?]) saving Hinata from the Zetsus even though Naruto was supposed to stay away from the war or purely accidental - Naruto bumping into and surprising Hinata when he got back from his training trip with Jiraiya. Then Naruto running into Hinata at the Training Ground in the Proud Failure Chapter.
2) Stalkers tend to get. . .angry. . .toward the 'competition'. Hinata has never been that way toward Sakura. What I mean is that even when Naruto and Sakura are together and Kishi isn't being a Ship Tease about it, Hinata didn't react negatively about it like a real stalker would. [1](Well, Road to Ninja Hinata. . .but. . .eh, she's a really awful reflection of Canon Hinata and doesn't count.)
3) Stalkers think they are doing things for their Target. Hinata has been trying to do things for herself like get over her insecurities. Helping and protecting Naruto is just Hinata's duties as a ninja mixing with her feelings for Naruto.
4) The only character that has shown actual Stalking behavior is Obito. He had a shrine for Rin in one of the flashbacks. While Japan is big on shrines, mainly in remembrance for the dead, I would think the kind of shrine Obito had is still illegal.

[1] - If Hinata was a real stalker she would have went after Saskue FOR PUTTING A HOLE IN NARUTO'S CHEST CAVITY AND DESTROYING A LUNG!
Graeystone
Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:10 am

They will say anything to make themselves look legit.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 am

4) The only character that has shown actual Stalking behavior is Obito. He had a shrine for Rin in one of the flashbacks. While Japan is big on shrines, mainly in remembrance for the dead, I would think the kind of shrine Obito had is still illegal.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Rin was actually alive when he made that shrine. o.o

I hate the "stalker" Hinata one as well. So stupid. NS tries to make her out to seem like some freaky-eyed, delusional nutcase with obsessive stalker tendencies toward Naruto. Like Kishi is really doing that with his characters. Honestly, whoever thinks this I ask them this: what the hell kind of drugs are you taking to think Kishi is really doing this with his story? >_>

The biggest stalker like character besides Obito is Karin, what with her wanting to rape Sasuke-kun and all. Yet, they will gladly side-ship SK with NS.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:22 am

Eh, Obito was in love. Crazy kid. I think that the whole giving Kurama chakra to Hinata first is stretching a moment into NaruHina. And she is a bit stalkery in Part 1, though it's more sympathetic than most examples. She really legitimately does care about him.

(Though... the one girl that isn't blatantly in love with Sasuke is in love with Naruto... and she has x-ray vision... hmm...)

Don't get me wrong, I love Hinata. She's outgrown the whole awkward following Naruto around phase like Sakura has with Sasuke. She's come into her own as a ninja and as a young woman, something you can see begin at the Chunin exams and is expanded on in the filler anime. Its actually pretty awesome. She did start out as a meek and frightened little girl, and it was Naruto who brought out the best in her and began to change that like he does so many people around him.

To be honest, I can see Naruto flipping shit on Pain regardless of who was "killed" in front of him, amongst his closest friends. It's one thing to come into a battle knowing that one of them is dead, especially since you're at full power and fully possess the ability to kick ass. You're able to avenge that. It's another to watch helpless as it happens in front of you. The fact that it was Hinata, though, solidifies the claim as a NaruHina moment, especially with Hinata's confession immediately beforehand. Kishimoto didn't have to actually include that at all, but since he did... yeah. NaruHina points.

Kishimoto likes to play around with his continuity. I mean, come on. He's been building this story, for the current arc, since the beginning and he doesn't mention something without it possibly being important later. If NaruHina wasn't an intention, the confession would be a useless detail and basically filler. But it's been referenced now several times and is actually important to Naruto himself.

Now, with Neji dead, Hinata's keeping her resolve together because Naruto needs that. I think she realizes that she cannot mourn at the moment because there's no point. She's in the middle of a battle with impossibly high stakes and bad odds against them. If she slips up, she's dead, and it was pointless to mourn any way because she's joined back with Neji. She knows Naruto is the key to beating the bad guys so she CAN mourn. Her being able to swallow that sadness (and it is an incredible sadness. To lose a sibling (and she did consider him a sibling as much as her cousin) is an incredible pain. I've almost lost my little brother once and even though he's alive, the fact that he almost died haunts me to this day) is a great sign of her own inner strength, that indomitable titanium core of strength that Hinata possesses.

To say part 1 Hinata wouldn't have confessed... I'm actually going to call BS on it. She all but said it out loud "I'm not going to look bad in front of the person I admire" or some such while fighting Neji, implied it again at the "Proud Failure" scene and it's Naruto's fault for being an idiot. Though, to be honest, part 1 Naruto wouldn't have been that great of a boyfriend for her. If she had been around him more, I'm sure a confession would have come out a one point.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Hinata is a Yamato Nadeshiko character in training, and that's awesome.
eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:33 am

eromreven wrote:Eh, Obito was in love. Crazy kid. I think that the whole giving Kurama chakra to Hinata first is stretching a moment into NaruHina. And she is a bit stalkery in Part 1, though it's more sympathetic than most examples. She really legitimately does care about him.

(Though... the one girl that isn't blatantly in love with Sasuke is in love with Naruto... and she has x-ray vision... hmm...)

Don't get me wrong, I love Hinata. She's outgrown the whole awkward following Naruto around phase like Sakura has with Sasuke. She's come into her own as a ninja and as a young woman, something you can see begin at the Chunin exams and is expanded on in the filler anime. Its actually pretty awesome. She did start out as a meek and frightened little girl, and it was Naruto who brought out the best in her and began to change that like he does so many people around him.

To be honest, I can see Naruto flipping shit on Pain regardless of who was "killed" in front of him, amongst his closest friends. It's one thing to come into a battle knowing that one of them is dead, especially since you're at full power and fully possess the ability to kick ass. You're able to avenge that. It's another to watch helpless as it happens in front of you. The fact that it was Hinata, though, solidifies the claim as a NaruHina moment, especially with Hinata's confession immediately beforehand. Kishimoto didn't have to actually include that at all, but since he did... yeah. NaruHina points.

Kishimoto likes to play around with his continuity. I mean, come on. He's been building this story, for the current arc, since the beginning and he doesn't mention something without it possibly being important later. If NaruHina wasn't an intention, the confession would be a useless detail and basically filler. But it's been referenced now several times and is actually important to Naruto himself.

Now, with Neji dead, Hinata's keeping her resolve together because Naruto needs that. I think she realizes that she cannot mourn at the moment because there's no point. She's in the middle of a battle with impossibly high stakes and bad odds against them. If she slips up, she's dead, and it was pointless to mourn any way because she's joined back with Neji. She knows Naruto is the key to beating the bad guys so she CAN mourn. Her being able to swallow that sadness (and it is an incredible sadness. To lose a sibling (and she did consider him a sibling as much as her cousin) is an incredible pain. I've almost lost my little brother once and even though he's alive, the fact that he almost died haunts me to this day) is a great sign of her own inner strength, that indomitable titanium core of strength that Hinata possesses.

To say part 1 Hinata wouldn't have confessed... I'm actually going to call BS on it. She all but said it out loud "I'm not going to look bad in front of the person I admire" or some such while fighting Neji, implied it again at the "Proud Failure" scene and it's Naruto's fault for being an idiot. Though, to be honest, part 1 Naruto wouldn't have been that great of a boyfriend for her. If she had been around him more, I'm sure a confession would have come out a one point.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Hinata is a Yamato Nadeshiko character in training, and that's awesome.

I agree with you 100% Eromreven, I doubt Kishi would have made a girl in love with Naruto for no reason, everything that has been built up in the last near 200 chapters has been for a reason, what I like is the fact that Hinata has come out of her shell a lot, she has evolved as a character since 437, I thought that chapter alone would allow for Hinata to develop as a character further, look now she has become a much more confident character, she is kicking but and developing her own techniques.

I find that every foreshadowing is done for a reason as well. Kishi put the foreshadowing in on purpose because I see that he will execute NaruHina perfectly at the end of the saga.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Graeystone Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:23 am

Bubbles wrote:Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Rin was actually alive when he made that shrine. o.o[/color]
That's what I meant. Even if its Japan, that kind of shrine for the living may be illegal and is illegal or at least 'criminally insane' in the US.
I summed it up with this demotivational poster awhile back and that was before Rin's Shrine was revealed!-
Spoiler:

Anyway, more about the List in the original post-
Number 4(Letting his guard down) - Proud Failure Chapter really shows it. For one thing it showed Hinata is not affected by Naruto's 'False Facade'. When Naruto tried to fake his emotions when in truth he had serious doubts about winning against Neji, Hinata would basically have a blank stare on her face as if the Naruto she was talking to wasn't 'Real'. It wasn't until Naruto began being honest about his feelings that Hinata would speak. As far as I know, Naruto was never that honest with anyone about his insecurities up until that point.
Graeystone
Graeystone

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:57 am

Personally, I'd like to know where was it ever shown that Hinata followed Naruto around at all. I don't think she ever did. She saw him at school and in the village since they happened to be classmates and lived in the same village. I have the same issue with people discussing Sasuke's fangirls because none of them were shown to be stalkers at all either.

Anime fillers do not count because they purposely distort all of the characters.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:11 am

^^^I've said it before that people that watch the anime and don't even look at the manga are the ones that tend to dislike Hinata. They made her seem like she was attracted to him for his looks mostly and like she has a lock of his hair or some crap like that.
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 am

^^
I agree. The anime distorts shit way too much. I was an avid anime watcher and never touched the manga before so a lot of things got skewed for me, which became abundantly clear when I began reading Naruto at last. I hated Karin for what the anime made her out to be. But now I really like her character. The anime kind of annoys me with the way it can blatantly ignore/shit over canon. That episode where Naruto claims to be in love with Sakura anyone? >_>
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 am

Bubbles wrote:^^
I agree. The anime distorts shit way too much. I was an avid anime watcher and never touched the manga before so a lot of things got skewed for me, which became abundantly clear when I began reading Naruto at last. I hated Karin for what the anime made her out to be. But now I really like her character. The anime kind of annoys me with the way it can blatantly ignore/shit over canon. That episode where Naruto claims to be in love with Sakura anyone? >_>

That episode was obviously fanservice, just that. The anime team have nothing to with Masashi Kishimoto, he can't complain since he doesn't have the rights of the anime anymore.
narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 am

^^
Yeah it is. But try telling NS that. Also, it's still annoying. Especially since that was aired after Hinata's confession. Those who only watch the anime are being shown this shit. Now the anime has to dig itself out of the whole it put itself in with that. I don't think it's a coincidence they started doing this filler stuff right before the "In Your Eyes" conversation between NH.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:23 am

Yeah it is. But try telling NS that. Also, it's still annoying. Especially since that was aired after Hinata's confession. Those who only watch the anime are being shown this shit. Now the anime has to dig itself out of the whole it put itself in with that. I don't think it's a coincidence they started doing this filler stuff right before the "In Your Eyes" conversation between NH.

What episode was that with Naruto claiming to be still in love with Sakura by the way? Was it the recent ones? I haven't watch the Naruto anime in awhile so I'm kinda behind on it since I just read the manga nowadays.

And I agree with you. With people just watching the anime, they get ideas that Naruto and Sakura belong together which is straight bullpocky~

Last edited by kagome1991 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:08 pm

I agree with that. I know they tend to add things in the anime as well.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:45 pm

kagome1991 wrote:

What episode was that with Naruto claiming to be still in live with Sakura by the way? Was it the recent ones? I haven't watch the Naruto anime in awhile so I'm kinda behind on it since I just read the manga nowadays.

And I agree with you. With people just watching the anime, they get ideas that Naruto and Sakura belong together which is straight bullpocky~

I believe it's episode 235. Here:

That's not the only thing the anime butchered. For those who are also SS fans, episode 212 also is an anime fail.

Sakura said that she was still hopelessly in love with the cool Sasuke, that she did not give a thought about who he was behind "that handsome face", that she didn't notice that he was turning towards the darkness. And Naruto knew BEFORE her that Sasuke was turning evil and that she didn't notice until it was too late.

Just... Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 274335953
BLATANT CANON RAPE.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Dear god. And that's why kiddies, Don't watch fillers, they will do stuff.. Bad stuff.
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:27 pm

ClassyTopHattedDino wrote:Dear god. And that's why kiddies, Don't watch fillers, they will do stuff.. Bad stuff.

and this is what NaruSaku base their arguments on now, because in canon there pairing is all but done for, While NaruHina is proving everyone wrong, you know the best aspect of NaruHina is the fact that both of them are underdogs, no one gave them a chance in hell, now here they are strutting their stuff, proving other characters wrong, maybe that's why I see Naruto starting to develop feelings for Hinata
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:31 pm

I remember there was a time when us NaruHina fans were told NaruHina only existed in fillers, and fillers aren't canon. Now it's NarSak the pairing that only exists in fillers but it's still clinging to them like they ARE canon.

Oh, how things have changed.

Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 3623065514
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Strawberry wrote:I remember there was a time when us NaruHina fans were told NaruHina only existed in fillers, and fillers aren't canon. Now it's NarSak the pairing that only exists in fillers but it's still clinging to them like they ARE canon.

Oh, how things have changed.

Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 3623065514

God, don't you just love when karma just comes back with a freakin' vengence?! Cause I know I do, all that crap NS was saying and are still saying are gonna hurt them in the future. I can feel it in my bones!~ Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 3187358519
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Bubbles wrote:That's not the only thing the anime butchered. For those who are also SS fans, episode 212 also is an anime fail.

Sakura said that she was still hopelessly in love with the cool Sasuke, that she did not give a thought about who he was behind "that handsome face", that she didn't notice that he was turning towards the darkness. And Naruto knew BEFORE her that Sasuke was turning evil and that she didn't notice until it was too late.

Just... Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 274335953
BLATANT CANON RAPE. [/center][/color]

My goodness...they didn't...how could they? Debunking Anti-NaruHina Statements 3516892631 It's so false.
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next