Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SasuSaku Thread

+25
Skywardstrike
Rasengan671
Rin
lily567
GreatKungLao
Zora
Haru Glory
Zumeii-san
Aelita
Irielo
Batokusanagi
ClassyLPS
Twin Steps
itachi75
bk00
Zori
Mustang
narutohokage123
kagome1991
Bubbles
Yamasaki Akaiko
CoolChels
Strawberry
Yuri
NekoKimio
29 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: SasuSaku Thread

Post by Haru Glory Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:37 am

^ Thanks. xD The sad part is how accurate that is. Well sad for any of Ash's fans not so much for SS.
Haru Glory
Haru Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by Zora Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:01 pm

J Ken wrote:SasuSaku is just destined to happen. It happening is about as likely as Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town losing another Pokemon League.
LOL Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by Zora on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Zora
Zora

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywardstrike Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:11 pm

I ship it. Initially just because i shiped NaruHina but i later became rather fond of the pairing itself.
Skywardstrike
Skywardstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasengan671 Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:03 am

SasuSaku is the only other pairing in Naruto that I've acknowledged. They represent a different kind of love and relationship than what Naruto and Hinata have between themselves.

Sasuke is a troubled, dark figure that does have hatred in his heart and lets it control him. Sort of a human weakness type character. And I like that Sakura wants to be his guiding light and saving grace. We all go through trials and tribulations and it doesn't always end up well. SasuSaku portrays that well, imo. Things don't always go as planned, but if you love someone, that's all that matters in the end. Love conquers all, etc etc. A very visceral pairing, which I like.
Rasengan671
Rasengan671

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi75 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:13 pm

itachi75

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:20 pm

So cute!
Thank you for sharing Index-chan.
SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 1906553478 
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 pm

That was so cute and sweet!~ Thanks for sharing!~ SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 1906553478 
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondexRaven-haired4ever Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Bubbles wrote:632
Spoiler:

OMGSH! IKR!!! I LOVE that manga chapter scene!! It was so Kawaii between the two of them! :3  SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 1906553478

Also,if no one would mind, could you give me some evidence of them possibly still getting together at the end of the series? Like from part 2 or one? Some nay-sayers are really starting to make me feel bad about the pairing and making me lose hope! :(
BlondexRaven-haired4ever
BlondexRaven-haired4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:53 am

Eye Smex-An interesting analysis regarding eye contact with SasuSaku.

http://une-nuit-pour-se-souvenir.tumblr.com/post/76509737982/eye-smex-pt-1

http://une-nuit-pour-se-souvenir.tumblr.com/post/76510188736/eye-smex-pt-2

These posts give me feels. Also, it looks like NaruHina may not be the only ship that can read eyes.
 SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 195309866 
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondexRaven-haired4ever Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Bubbles wrote:Eye Smex-An interesting analysis regarding eye contact with SasuSaku.

These posts give me feels. Also, it looks like NaruHina may not be the only ship that can read eyes.
Thanks for the links!  SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 3187358519 
BlondexRaven-haired4ever
BlondexRaven-haired4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:15 pm

BlondexRaven-haired4ever wrote:
Bubbles wrote:Eye Smex-An interesting analysis regarding eye contact with SasuSaku.

Thanks for the links!  SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 3187358519 
You're welcome, enjoy! :3
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by joe_chip Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Great links indeed, it's true that eye contact is one of the great things about Sasusaku and an analysis like this was missing. It's always nice to review all these moments and with such an emotional pairing it's always gripping even though I've reviewed them many times (chapter 181...)

I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one who interpreted the close-up on Sakura's eyes at the end of chapter 631 in this way. It comes after a short conversation she had with Naruto so it looks like she's staring at him, but in the background of the next frame you see Sasuke giving a side look in her direction and you understand they're looking at each other. And the great thing is Naruto's smile just after, which really reminds me of the smile he had when he saw them hugging at the Konoha hospital, minus the sadness of it. This time it was a smile saying "i know who you're looking at, and I'm happy for you"

Anyway it seems to me you only have these beautiful close-ups on her eyes when Sasuke is around. I had forgotten how beautifully drawn the first reunion of part 2 was for example, and the analysis in terms of point of view was interesting. But the best moment in terms of exchanging looks is probably when Sakura wants Sasuke to give up the Chuunin exams ! The two of them were really in a world apart from the others at the time.

By the way another analysis which would be interesting to see would be a collection of moments when Sasuke was concerned/displeased/shocked/jealous about something related to Sakura and it clearly appears in his expression. There would be an long list of moments like this, already in the Land of Waves when he sees she's going to be attacked, when he's the only one to hear Sakura screaming (and awakens the Sharingan just after), when he sees something's wrong with her in chapter 36, etc.
joe_chip

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:38 am

I've read a few SasuSaku analysis including a long one from Sasuke POV. Not sure if you've seen it yet, but it's very interesting:

http://isurmisewithmylittleeye.tumblr.com/post/54668642886/the-nature-of-sasukes-feelings-for-sakura-using-manga

http://kekkeis.tumblr.com/post/54296462353/homecoming

Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by joe_chip Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:51 pm

Thanks for the links, Bubbles !
I remember reading the first one but I had forgotten how detailed it is. I didn't know the second one. I like what it said about the bench scene at the end. It's probably asking for too much to have a flashback of what happened after he knocked her out though, but if we ever get one it will be awesome.

Oh and congratulations on your signature pics, just looking at them should be enough to convert any sensible person  SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 3495430729 
This kind of lighting/colours is really suited. Another one in the same style :
http://angeljasiel.deviantart.com/art/I-need-some-simple-loving-words-384548676
joe_chip

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:35 am

joe_chip wrote:Thanks for the links, Bubbles !
I remember reading the first one but I had forgotten how detailed it is. I didn't know the second one. I like what it said about the bench scene at the end. It's probably asking for too much to have a flashback of what happened after he knocked her out though, but if we ever get one it will be awesome.

Oh and congratulations on your signature pics, just looking at them should be enough to convert any sensible person  SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 3495430729 
This kind of lighting/colours is really suited. Another one in the same style :
http://angeljasiel.deviantart.com/art/I-need-some-simple-loving-words-384548676
No problem! Oh I really do hope we get a flashback from Sasuke's POV!  SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 3994551927 

Kishi practically made that scene flashback-able with his covering up Sasuke's face and such when Sakura confessed. Heck, he often hides Sasuke's expression during SS moments and when he doesn't, Sasuke's actions and reactions seem pretty telling to me.

How determined he looked during Gaara fight to save her, and how his curse seal receeded and he stopped kicking the crap out of those who hurt her, when she hugged him and asked him to stop. Those were both such intense moments!

Thank you! And i know right? SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 676744975 They look so good together, color code well and I know they'd make each other so happy. I do adore this set too, think I'll keep it for a bit. :3
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:45 am

I think SasuSaku needs only a small push to become canon. Sasuke is the one who has the key for his own happiness. I came to realize that in fact, SasuSaku has already got its development and love story in part 1.

In part 2, time and distance due to Sasuke's decisions did not allow them to be together. On the other hand, I think that it was a kind of test for both of them... What is important now is the way Sasuke is going to act. He might have respectable ideals but the main issue is how is he going to achieve them. And of course, regarding the current situation, he has to be saved.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 am

Irielo wrote:I think SasuSaku needs only a small push to become canon. Sasuke is the one who has the key for his own happiness. I came to realize that in fact, SasuSaku has already got its development and love story in part 1.

In part 2, time and distance due to Sasuke's decisions did not allow them to be together. On the other hand, I think that it was a kind of test for both of them... What is important now is the way Sasuke is going to act. He might have respectable ideals but the main issue is how is he going to achieve them. And of course, regarding the current situation, he has to be saved.

:3

Yes! Which is why it baffles me when I hear the argument that "SasuSaku only had development in Part 1!" Uhm yeah, and it had a big chunk of it there too, so I'm not seeing how Part II invalidates it. Yes, they had negative developments too, but it had nothing to do with the pairing itself and more from Sasuke's end with his issues with what happened to his clan and such, leading to his terrible decisions. It's like I said a while back, SasuSaku needed time for their own individual developments anyway, the pairing wouldn't have gone anywhere without it, and Sasuke was destined to leave from the beginning, his goal pretty much required it eventually.

What happened in Part II did not diminish or render void what happened in Part I. The bond is still there and what's more, Sakura still endures and loves him despite everything and now Sasuke seems to have turned it around. If he keeps going on this good path, they can mend back what's been ripped. I expect Sasuke to be different by the end of the manga. He's like the only one left really of his team who needs to do so. His change needs to involve opening up his heart to his precious people and accepting bonds fully. There's no reason why SasuSaku doesn't have a chance as long as the two parties are willing to go for it.

It still needs to be resolved and I don't see Kishi stepping over it.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 am

Bubbles wrote:

:3

Yes! Which is why it baffles me when I hear the argument that "SasuSaku only had development in Part 1!" Uhm yeah, and it had a big chunk of it there too, so I'm not seeing how Part II invalidates it. Yes, they had negative developments too, but it had nothing to do with the pairing itself and more from Sasuke's end with his issues with what happened to his clan and such, leading to his terrible decisions. It's like I said a while back, SasuSaku needed time for their own individual developments anyway, the pairing wouldn't have gone anywhere without it, and Sasuke was destined to leave from the beginning, his goal pretty much required it eventually.

What happened in Part II did not diminish or render void what happened in Part I. The bond is still there and what's more, Sakura still endures and loves him despite everything and now Sasuke seems to have turned it around. If he keeps going on this good path, they can mend back what's been ripped. I expect Sasuke to be different by the end of the manga. He's like the only one left really of his team who needs to do so. His change needs to involve opening up his heart to his precious people and accepting bonds fully. There's no reason why SasuSaku doesn't have a chance as long as the two parties are willing to go for it.

It still needs to be resolved and I don't see Kishi stepping over it.

Allow me to make a small comparison with NaruHina. As far as NH is concerned, I would say that enough elements have been set up in Part 1 for the development of the pairing in Part 2, whereas SasuSaku had enough moments and development inside Part 1. Like you've written, Sakura and Sasuke needed to go their own way, make their own experiences and become more mature. Who knows? The next romantic moment could belong to SasuSaku.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:48 pm

I hope so. I actually read something on tumblr, a theory about how the next volume can very well contain Sakura fulfilling the other half of her goal, which is to save Sasuke.

Kishi has quite obviously been side stepping SS ever since he got there really with only a couple subtle moments with them. Mostly, Sakura has been healing her bond with Naruto, fulfilling her goal to be useful to him and save him. In fact, Sakura healing Naruto and it having to do with Kurama can be going back to her conversation with Yamato, about how she could only do the smallest things for Naruto.

Now here she is doing something small, but this small thing means the difference between his life and his death.  Most of all, she's learned that even the smallest of things mean everything because she cares about him.So it could be coming full circle here.

So now, I think it's only natural that next she will save Sasuke. Now that Naruto seems to be on the verge of waking up, there could be more focus on SS bond which needs addressing as well. And obviously, SasuNaru bond will be last. Sakura may not save him from dying, but that doesn't mean she cannot do it another way. In fact, it might even be better this way.

She's cried so much over him already, I'd rather see her strong and resilient, showing Sasuke just how much she's grown and having him watch her back too, just as she wished. She also needs to learn what happened with Sasuke, what made him do the things he did and next volume might address this too.
because it's so cute!:
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:50 am

Wow, there is something I didn't know, and I pride myself in knowing that sort of stuff, legends and mythology, but hey I do find it interesting. but the question is, is Kishi going with Shinto legend? if he does, then how does he create the perfect scene between the two.

Makes me think that Kishi did design SasuSaku and the pairing to compliment NaruHina, if that is the case then there is a nice chance that we will see both becoming canon as the story comes to an end.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:05 pm

51-mustang wrote:Wow, there is something I didn't know, and I pride myself in knowing that sort of stuff, legends and mythology, but hey I do find it interesting. but the question is, is Kishi going with Shinto legend? if he does, then how does he create the perfect scene between the two.

Makes me think that Kishi did design SasuSaku and the pairing to compliment NaruHina, if that is the case then there is a nice chance that we will see both becoming canon as the story comes to an end.
Well, Kishi seems to be using a lot of mythylogical lore in his story. As said, the Uchiha and Sasuke specifically,  has been compared to it. Below goes into it a bit more as well.
http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=47354341&postcount=1705

SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mvv426Udbq1rzo5zuo1_500
Something I noticed here. Kishi tends to hide Sasuke's face when it comes to good SS moments to hide what Sasuke might be thinking. Here he is hiding his face again, and Sakura is looking estactic he's protecting her. Just thought that was interesting as he didn't do it with Naruto.

Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:03 am

^I think in that moment, the speech bubble was over Sasuke's chest, his head was cut off from the top of the panel, but you are right, we don't really see how Sasuke reacts, like Naruto with Hinata, he has never rejected Sakura, if anything he is thankful to her.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:14 pm

51-mustang wrote:^I think in that moment, the speech bubble was over Sasuke's chest, his head was cut off from the top of the panel, but you are right, we don't really see how Sasuke reacts, like Naruto with Hinata, he has never rejected Sakura, if anything he is thankful to her.

Yes, Kishi did not have to hide his face, but he did so, as he does with quite a bit of SS moments. We got a glimpse of a smirk from him upon witnessing Sakura's strength that he'd never seen before he never saw her FoD fight, nor her Ino fight, all he canonly knew she had was her medical ninjutsu. I still love that.

While Kakashi and Naruto looks scared, he smirks, which to me is silent acknowledgment of her power. That's just big to me, when has Sasuke ever smirked at people showing their strength? (maybe Itachi, but that's it). But yes, Sasuke's face was hidden again and he has never rejected Sakura, contrary to what anti's might say, there was never a rejection, nor with NaruHina. A certain other pairing has gotten a rejection however. x3

I found this on tumblr. :3
You
SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 Ega8sl

Did
SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 Wrc2om

It
SasuSaku Thread - Page 7 2zsus2a

Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding on)
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 pm

Bubbles wrote:I've read a few SasuSaku analysis including a long one from Sasuke POV. Not sure if you've seen it yet, but it's very interesting:

http://isurmisewithmylittleeye.tumblr.com/post/54668642886/the-nature-of-sasukes-feelings-for-sakura-using-manga

http://kekkeis.tumblr.com/post/54296462353/homecoming

I have read both of those and found them amazingly awesome, I wonder if there is anymore out there that would continue to build my growing interest in SasuSaku, since it was never really my second pairing.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next