Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaruHina! Wondering 2

+2
Irielo
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
6 posters

Go down

NaruHina! Wondering 2 Empty NaruHina! Wondering 2

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:52 am

Well hello, we all know how Naruto's story went and how it developed, and we all know it was amazing.. but mmm I'm wondering.. how would the story would have been if Kishi could delve.. develop.. and take a little more the romance aspect of the story itself.. don't get me wrong.. huff the develop from a kid crush to actual love of Naruto(character) was amazing and we all know.. heck I can't say I don't like the story.. 'cause I do like it but mmm how do you think it would have gone if the romance was a little more developed 'cause it was mature and very good yes! no one can deny that.. mmm.. to tell the truth I don't know how it could have been improved.. your thoughts regarding this?? and well the movie The last is full of love. :3 and as well all here haven't seen the movie(I think dunno) what do you think?
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

NaruHina! Wondering 2 Empty Re: NaruHina! Wondering 2

Post by Irielo Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 am

Naruto is not a story about romance. Kishimoto already gave his characters awesome romantic feelings that it is hard to say that romance (in a Shonen) could/should have been more developed.

The mangaka said himself that he is not so comfortable with writing romance, despite the romantic aspect of the story, which also plays sometimes an important role in the story (for instance Sakura stopping the curse mark to take over Sasuke in the FoD or Hinata intervening against Pein to protect Naruto).

With "what if this" or "what if that", one could find so much possibilities regarding how a story could have been written in this or that way. In other words, I don't see the use or the reason why such a thread should exist... There are already enough fan fictions if people need more romance and like you've written, the upcoming movie will have enough romance, so...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:20 am

point taken Irielo
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Not too interested in "What if" myself.
I consider the movie/699.5 the rest of the development to fulfill the what if for myself.

But if you want some actual consideration, the change would have been interlacing Hinata more into the story (Specifically part 2, such as including her in the teams Naruto joined up with simply). Not too much personally, but one or two more arcs to show development. It'd have been refreshing to have a second woman in the group, typically its just Sakura.

Some Fanfics show this what if by putting Hinata in Team Seven, but that changes the story completely. I like Part 1 as it is.

But in the end of the day, the most edits one could make if showing development was a desire was adding her in a story arc or two, and are entirely subjective if they would be better (Though I will hold objectively that having just about any second woman in the group (Such as the Danzo arc) would have been very refreshing).

Ultimately, the story is about Naruto bringing Sasuke back and his road of becoming Hokage. But Hinata does play a big part in Naruto's final leg of the journey, serving as the representation of love, which is an explored emotion (Along with marriage) in every hero's story. It teaches what love is, what love isn't, and encourages romantic dreams.
H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Not interested.

Considering the target audience (pre-teen kids), all that an additional focus on romance would have done is increase the amount of several other pairings in the series as "red herrings" to make things "confusing."
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:11 pm

mmm I don't get what you mean Yamasaki
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:10 am

H. Uzumaki wrote:

Ultimately, the story is about Naruto bringing Sasuke back and his road of becoming Hokage. But Hinata does play a big part in Naruto's final leg of the journey, serving as the representation of love, which is an explored emotion (Along with marriage) in every hero's story. It teaches what love is, what love isn't, and encourages romantic dreams.

Pretty much this. Naruto found (IMHO) what was most important too him; love. The movie shows that Hinata was always there beside him (certain scenes before smoochy-smoochy stuff).
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:34 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Not interested.

Considering the target audience (pre-teen kids), all that an additional focus on romance would have done is increase the amount of several other pairings in the series as "red herrings" to make things "confusing."

I don't know whether the target audience remained the same as the story developed. For the beginning of the story, yes but afterwards, as the story evolved (especially in part 2, I have the feeling that it grew up together with the audience). There were people who were pre-teen kids or teenagers when Naruto came out and became young adults and grown-ups after 15 years.

Therefore, I would be interested to know if the target audience remained nevertheless the same or if it changed according to the story's development. But, I admit, this could lead to an off-topic there.

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:mmm I don't get what you mean Yamasaki

I think Yamasaki will answer you about that. But, if I may tell you what I think is that Kishimoto made it quite simple and straight forward when it came to romance in his story. If he went deeper into it, making it more ambiguous when it comes to characters' feelings for instance (as it can be seen in some romances), it would have been more difficult to situate where the story was going to in that regards. Thus confusing.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:22 pm

RickVal(NaruHina Rules) wrote:mmm I don't get what you mean Yamasaki

Considering Kishimoto clearly didn't want pairings to be official before the ending, the only way to put in "more romance" would've been to put in "moments" for pairings that weren't going to happen. That means more potential pairings with "evidence" not less.

Irielo wrote:
Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Not interested.

I don't know whether the target audience remained the same as the story developed. For the beginning of the story, yes but afterwards, as the story evolved (especially in part 2, I have the feeling that it grew up together with the audience). There were people who were pre-teen kids or teenagers when Naruto came out and became young adults and grown-ups after 15 years.

Therefore, I would be interested to know if the target audience remained nevertheless the same or if it changed according to the story's development. But, I admit, this could lead to an off-topic there.

Diehards grow up with a series. Casual fans drop off and new casuals in the target audience replace those that dropped off. The only reason Naruto had staying power is a lot of pre-teens & teens kept picking it up when others "outgrew" the series (or became disappointed by something). There are a lot of people who only got into Naruto within the last 2-4 years and they're currently 13-15 years old (which means that they picked it up while being 10-12, which is the target group). That's also why there have been so many people recently on tumblr who popped into the fandom after admitting that they dropped Naruto 5-8 years ago (some where even 10 years ago), but heard that NaruHina happened and are just so happy because when they did actually care about the series that they were rooting for the pairing.

Sure, there are always exceptions, I started Naruto when I was 24 years old, but I know that I'm always outside of the target audience for the things that I follow.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:48 am

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Diehards grow up with a series. Casual fans drop off and new casuals in the target audience replace those that dropped off. The only reason Naruto had staying power is a lot of pre-teens & teens kept picking it up when others "outgrew" the series (or became disappointed by something). There are a lot of people who only got into Naruto within the last 2-4 years and they're currently 13-15 years old (which means that they picked it up while being 10-12, which is the target group). That's also why there have been so many people recently on tumblr who popped into the fandom after admitting that they dropped Naruto 5-8 years ago (some where even 10 years ago), but heard that NaruHina happened and are just so happy because when they did actually care about the series that they were rooting for the pairing.

Sure, there are always exceptions, I started Naruto when I was 24 years old, but I know that I'm always outside of the target audience for the things that I follow.

I think I was 20 or 21 when I first read Naruto... Like always, your answer makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply!

To the bolded part: You are not alone my dear, lol!

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Diehards grow up with a series. Casual fans drop off and new casuals in the target audience replace those that dropped off. The only reason Naruto had staying power is a lot of pre-teens & teens kept picking it up when others "outgrew" the series (or became disappointed by something). There are a lot of people who only got into Naruto within the last 2-4 years and they're currently 13-15 years old (which means that they picked it up while being 10-12, which is the target group). That's also why there have been so many people recently on tumblr who popped into the fandom after admitting that they dropped Naruto 5-8 years ago (some where even 10 years ago), but heard that NaruHina happened and are just so happy because when they did actually care about the series that they were rooting for the pairing.

I already try to tell NS that Naruto is kid manga so ending is very obvious, I'm very sad saw once self proclaimed loyal fans change into series basher and keep trying mislead other fans by made fake news and rigged Naruto movies rating
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:51 pm

There's no use trying to discuss with ns so don't even try, besides Naruto is for all ages not just for kids
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 pm

After watching the Movie, so that I can really answer the question, I like the Manga how it is, and the Movie how it is, in regards to romance. Though I do madly look forward to part three. I'm so curious what Kishimoto will employ in it. Its a chance to see a theme of family play out, like they did with Road to Ninja, in a non AU setting.
H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:34 pm

@ RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
Naruto is for junior high school kid since it issued in WSJ which specialized in junior high school kid

@ H. Uzumaki
It will focused in Boruto, if we want Naruto focused that it must published in seinen magazine
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by RickVal(NaruHina Rules) Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:35 am

Well db it actually is true that is for junior high school kids but you honestly believe that only people of that age watch it¿¿?? Nope I myself don't think so I think a lot of people can, do and will feel identified with Naruto's story no matter the age.. heck I have 2 friends who have nearly 40 years old and they loved Naruto and it's ending..
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)
RickVal(NaruHina Rules)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:10 am

It doesn't matter that older people like Naruto. The point of the matter is that the Naruto series is geared for kids/young teens in Japan. Due to culture differences, it is usually marketed to older teens outside of Japan (particularly in the USA).

I know many older people that love Sesame Street. I love Sesame Street myself. It doesn't change the fact that Sesame Street is really for those that are in pre-school or very early in elementary/primary school.

Many things in this world are created for a certain group of people, but others end up enjoying just as much or in addition to the group it was created for. While off-topic, sometimes when those who are outside the group a series is created for likes something, that can be considered "bad" depending on the goals. **thinks of Cartoon Network and the numerous series it has cancelled because not enough of the "right demographic" was watching despite the ratings being solid**
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:00 pm

That how we can't expect Naruto like adult literature who have solid plot. Since their specific group will confuse if got complicated story, like in Bleach. Maybe Bleach still have solid fan base but it failed to attract the "right group"
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:08 am

db84x wrote:That how we can't expect Naruto like adult literature who have solid plot.  Since their specific group will confuse if got complicated story, like in Bleach.  Maybe Bleach still have solid fan base but it failed to attract the "right group"

I'm going to disagree with your word choice of "solid plot," only because having taken Graduate level Fiction Workshops, you will definitely read adult literature with plots that are just... weird. Not solid. Bizzare. Hard to comprehend. So Artsy you wonder what you are reading.

Naruto's plot -is- solid, but its a bit more simple than adult literature (Genre plots tend to be about choice A and choice B, more black and white. Literature plots are all about choice C and being artsy. There are exceptions.) Are you familiar with the Hero's path? A lot of arcs are variations of the Hero's path. Its a simpler plot (Though you can definitely make it complex and complicated.). As an exercise, I can outline every arc that way.

For example: The hero in the hero's plot has to "die" (Literally or figuratively.). In the war arc, Naruto nearly dies literally. In the Pain Arc, he's pinned to the ground defeated. In the last, he's knocked out for three days. He needs help coming back, so in each instance a person assists him: Sakura, the Sage, Obito, Hinata, etc. Their is also often a celebration. The Sasuke Retrieval arc, with its failure, is a time when the plot goes under a different element and doesn't follow the Hero's Path, or at least, is a much larger variation.

Simple can be as solid as complex. You'll note though, that Adult Literature rarely is as popular. Very Complex plots can definitely turn off readers, so you're narrowing your audience a bit.

As one Adult Literature Author wrote, "We're all still children even when we're grown up." So things as magical as Naruto have the power to appeal to an adult audience, despite their intended audience.
H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:51 pm

H. Uzumaki wrote:As one Adult Literature Author wrote, "We're all still children even when we're grown up." So things as magical as Naruto have the power to appeal to an adult audience, despite their intended audience.

^This. I've heard that quote (and quite a few similar ones). I tend to love "for kids" stuff exactly because it's so simple and straightforward. Reality makes me think enough. I tend to not want to do that too much when it comes to fiction. ;)
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm not blame adult who enjoy literature for kid, but I confuse when they keep ask literature for kid must follow rules literature for adult. Lucky our fanbase freed form people who ask ridiculous rules like that.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by H. Uzumaki Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 am

db84x wrote:I'm not blame adult who enjoy literature for kid, but I confuse when they keep ask literature for kid must follow rules literature for adult.  Lucky our fanbase freed form people who ask ridiculous rules like that.  

Sorry if I keep disagreeing with you here, but want to add a counterpoint.

There are NO true rules in literature. I wrote a short story backwards. You can tell and not show (And sometimes should tell and not show). You can switch POV between paragraphs (First to Second person then back to First is common). The only real catch is you just need to know what you are doing. You can't break rules without knowing why you are breaking them, or its just to do it, which usually doesn't help the story.

Naruto isn't a work of literature, and is a manga. It has separate "rules." But no matter the art form, be it written, drawn, dance, or music, in art you aren't held strictly. As long as you know what you are doing, you can break any "rule". The rules are more like guidelines in the end.

So really, anyone that says that isn't correct. The best known adult literature doesn't follow the rules. Why should children's literature?
H. Uzumaki
H. Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down