Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Irielo on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 am

Just wanted to open a debate about those two pairings I personally like. I guess yesterday's chapter (662) might have something to do with it too...

Anyway, I can't really decide which pairing I like more but if Kishimoto decided to make a pairing involving Sasuke with one of the two girls, which one would it be according to you? or which of those pairings would you like to see canon and why?

Please, if you have a preference or a conviction about it share and discuss with respect. I just think Sasuke is the key and is the only one who knows what he really wants and who he really needs.

Spoiler:
If I were Sasuke, I would have been happy to be together with both, lol. Please don't hate me for that.
Irielo
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Fallere825 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:39 am

Lol I can't hate you for that man...IMO my first choice would be SasuSaku. I have nothing against Karin...the slight obsessive nature just scares me a bit and honestly from the bit I've seen I feel like she is Just a super fan girl  SasuSaku or SasuKarin? 3725747089 

With Sakura now I started out having the same opinion of her (just a hyped up fan girl) but with part 2 I feel she has matured a lot and is serious when it comes to Sasuke which is admirable taking everything that has happened between them into consideration. I'm not sure why Sakura has held on for so long (or what it is about him that attracts her) and it is something I would like to see brought up at some point. Also for this pairing I would like to see some more development especially on Sasuke's part if it is meant to happen.

_________________
Next time, I'll be next to you, Holding your hand...Walking WITH you.
SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Naruto12
Hinata...Thank you!...It's thanks to you that stayed at my side
I won't let go of your Hand!!
Fallere825
Fallere825


Posts : 529
Gender : Male
Location : Caribbean

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Bubbles on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:47 am

SasuSaku, no contest.

I have nothing against Karin personally, I think she's hilarious, if not a bit creepy in a humorous way. personally, I love Suigetsu/Karin but anyway.

I am 100% rooting for SasuSaku to be canon in the end. I just feel that out of the two girls, it is Sakura who is truly in love with him and would be there for him in the ways he really needs. I just do not see Karin as anything more than a fangirl. She hasn't shown me that she cares about him on a deeper level than looks and while I think they would be nice to write about, I do not want them to be canon.

Sasuke has shown me that he views Karin as a tool and perhaps a comrade of sorts, but not precious to him as he specifically claimed Sakura to be. Both Karin and Sakura started off the same when it came to Sasuke. They saw him on a superficial level. The difference between the two is while Sakura came to personally see Sasuke's weaknesses in many areas and came to truly love him despite it all, Karin tended to mock him a bit for showing weakness ("are you really the man who defeated orochimaru?") and remained stagnant in her lust for him.

Even recently with her ("lick him all over, the hell" lol) while Sakura was the only girl of the two who truly showed apprehension toward him. Which should have happened given Kage Summit.

(631: "Sasuke-kun...eh, why?"
"What are you doing here
?")

She did not run into his arms after a measly sorry or fangirled immediately afterward. Even now she still holds a bit of apprehension despite her happiness at his return. She is able to have love for him and at the same time not be blinded.

I cannot say the same for Karin. With Sasuke, her feelings for him were never deepened, not even the moment with the whole bear-saving scene where Karin just wanted to "see him smile" again. Which was out of place to me because nowhere else in this manga did she ever express this sentiment.

Meanwhile, Sakura has stated and shown that she first and foremost wants Sasuke to be truly happy and not suffer from loneliness or being in the darkness while Karin herself found herself attracted to his darkness (even after he stabbed her in fact--"He stabbed me, and it felt so good-no it didn't!").

I think Sasuke and Karin is a dangerous combination. I do not think Karin would bring out the best in Sasuke the way I feel Sakura would. I feel Sasuke needs someone who will be truly loving and caring toward him. He has been through so much and I know he has deep rooted pain. Pain that I know Sakura would help the best she can to heal his heart. Sasuke has just had so much hatred and darkness in his life, and I see Sakura can be his light at the end of the tunnel. The one who loved him even in his darkest of hours and still managed to endure, while Karin gave up on him. (I do not blame her for this one bit by the way!)

I just feel that if it's between the two girls, I'm going with the one who didn't give up on him just to come back after he's okay again. Karin knew Sasuke was different, she sensed it, and instead of trying to figure it out or care about his change enough to try and help or something, she found it hot and kept following him into the darkness. Sakura knew he was different too, and she wanted to save him still because she loved him, but she didn't know what else she could do at that point. But in the end, she managed to regain faith in him.

The difference between the two girls is that back in 181, Sakura was in love, but also desperate enough to be by his side that she would have followed him into the darkness (Orochimaru), though Sasuke did not allow this. Now however, she has matured enough to love him and yet still know when to oppose him. (Kage Summit). I think it takes real strength to stand against someone you love when you know they are doing wrong.

Honestly, I do not see Karin doing this. She has shown nothing to me that would imply she'd be this kind of person toward Sasuke. The kind of person who loves him truly and deeply. The kind of person who can both love him and oppose him when necessary. The kind of person who can heal his damaged heart. I do not think Sasuke would be truly happy with Karin. That's just my opinion.

Wow, this turned into an LAP.  SasuSaku or SasuKarin? 1083899712 
Bubbles
Bubbles


Posts : 1105
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Fallere825 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 pm

^ yea this is what I meant lol...there is an obvious difference between the two and with Sakura I feel her affection and "love" is more serious. Also With the recent turn of events I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting some NH and SS in the chapters to come which will be nice to see.

Something else that just popped into my head...maybe Sakura and Karin will have to work together to heal Sasuke...that could be interesting to see


_________________
Next time, I'll be next to you, Holding your hand...Walking WITH you.
SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Naruto12
Hinata...Thank you!...It's thanks to you that stayed at my side
I won't let go of your Hand!!
Fallere825
Fallere825


Posts : 529
Gender : Male
Location : Caribbean

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:48 pm

I also ship both SasuSaku and SasuKarin. However, when it comes to becoming official... SasuSaku is the only option for me. One of the things I respect is not supporting someone when they are doing something "wrong." Now, whether what Sasuke has done is "wrong" or "right" can be debated. However, while understandable, I don't support some of things he's done. Sakura has consistently showed she loves Sasuke but will not compromise her principles over it. I respect that immensely.

All my other reasons for SasuSaku are due to Sasuke's acknowledgement of Sakura in ways that just seem different to me in a way that matters (because it's similar to how I see Naruto's acknowledgement of Hinata).
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by joe_chip on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:21 am

I like Karin but I've always seen her as a character for comic relief. Some scenes with her (and Suigetsu) are really funny. But in a serious pairing with Sasuke? No way !

Some depth was added to her character during the Kage summit (and it felt a bit strange) but in the war arc she’s back to her comical character, as Bubbles’ quotes show. It’s even a bit too much sometimes, I felt bad for her (come on, her face when she says “lick him all over, the hell”.. but hey, it was hilarious !) By the way I recommend this :
http://i44.tinypic.com/auuzuv.gif

As most of you said, you can’t really compare the depth and purity of Sakura’s feelings with Karin’s fangirlism. And on Sasuke’s side that’s exactly the same : I mean, has he ever shown he cared deeply for Karin? Have we seen him troubled about something related to her? Anything even slightly ambiguous? Nothing. But part 1 is flooded with instances of this in relation to Sakura. These two have had something special, powerful moments shared by just the two of them. The building of their relationship in part 1 was very progressive and very nicely done, and it calls for a resolution.
avatar
joe_chip


Posts : 9
Location : France

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Irielo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:37 pm

Thank you for your great answers people! I just wanted to talk about Karin's fangirl's attitude. I think it's only an outside behavior from her but that she loves Sasuke too. If I had to associate her with an element, that would be fire because she is quite hot and that's why she expresses herself like: "lick him all over...".

Karin is very devoted to Sasuke as well. One can say that she follows him blindly, but there is a say: "love makes blind"... On the other hand, Karin is very sensitive. Even though Sasuke became mad/bad for a moment (Kage Summit), I think she always knew that there is something good in him.

That's why I think the way Karin expresses herself gives an image of her fan-girling but her feelings might not be so superficial.

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to find a balance.

As for SasuSaku, I used to dislike their little love story in Part 1 because Naruto looked sometimes like an idiot: Sasuke being sometimes arrogant to him and Sakura thinking that Sasuke saved her when it was Naruto.

Anyway, I have the feeling that both (SS) had to learn more from life, make their own experiences and pass through stormy times, to get finally together. As if distance was a necessary component or a test to strengthen their love.


_________________
SasuSaku or SasuKarin? 309t11w
Irielo
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:29 am

I didn't consider Karin's feelings to be completely superficial once we found out about her reasoning during the Kage Summit with Sasuke rescuing her during the Chuunin exams. She forever lost brownie points with me because I don't consider Sasuke to be "bad/evil" and she was supporting Sasuke doing things that are "bad/evil."
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Bubbles on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:08 am

Yeah, I just feel like even if Karin "loves" him a bit deeper than it's displayed, that it's still not a healthy love for either party involved. Karin doesn't bring the best out in Sasuke, nor does Sasuke bring out the best in her. She follows him when she should oppose him. And yes "love can make you blind" but like I said in my  other post, Sakura too once wanted to follow Sasuke into the darkness so to speak because she was of a desperate heart afraid to lose him. But as she's grown up, she no longer would do such a thing. Sasuke needs someone like that, not someone who will just follow his every whim. It doesn't show me they are equal, but she is following along lusting while he leads.

When you love someone, you want the best for them, you want them to be genuinely happy. Karin knew Sasuke was changing, that he was turning darker, and she liked it; up until he stabbed her of course, while Sakura was clearly shown to contrast that with her tears at his darkness and her frowning at him being "completely different, not the Sasuke she knew.

Sakura thought this same thing back in FoD when he was breaking arms and was under the curse seal. Sakura doesn't like the dark side of him. It is one of evil and pain comes with it. Sakura is as I've said before, his light. When the curse seal came out, she hugged him and got him to stop. When she thought she could do nothing more to save him, she wanted to end his life to save him from the darkness. She couldn't do it because she loved him, but it was her resolve and wish to do something to help him that makes it positive for me. It's not easy to come to such a difficult decision, but she came to it because she had other responsibilities.

If people like the thought of the "dark couple" with SasuKarin, that's cool and like I said, it can be a fun couple to write about and ship, but I just don't think it should be canon. since Karin hasn't once shown me that she can bring something good to the table for Sasuke when he really needs it and Sasuke hasn't shown me he thinks anything of Karin past her old usefulness which he pretty much deemed invalid since she became a "burden" to him apparently.

Overall, to me, she is more like an enabler than someone who loves him enough to step in and say "that's enough." That being said, I'm sure Karin has much more to her than Kishi has shown, and with a past like growing up around Orochimaru and losing her entire clan pretty much, I'm not going to pretend she likely hasn't gone through some crap. But that's another reason why SK has failed as a good canon possibility in my eyes. Because Karin could have probably related to Sasuke in that! They both had clans that were eliminated for being too powerful basically, and they are both orphans.

They both were brought under Orochimaru's wing so to speak, but Kishi never chose to show us that they made this type of connection or that Karin wants to connect to Sasuke on a deeper level than getting in his pants. I mean, she didn't even really try to ask about his goals or anything, they were going after his brother, she didn't think "hey so...what's the history on that?"

Or hey, maybe Sasuke is feeling like shit he had to kill his own brother? These are things I can see Sakura doing, but not Karin...because she never did as far as we know. Even if Sasuke did not want to open up, Kishi could have shown us she cared enough to at least inquire about it. Again, I have nothing against SasuKarin as a fun ship, but it becoming canon over SasuSaku would really bug me, just my opinion...
Bubbles
Bubbles


Posts : 1105
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Irielo on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 am

^I think Karin is someone lost, without orientation. I don't know how old she was when she's started to work with Orochimaru and I don't think she really knows how to make the difference between good and bad, although she can feel it. She actually idealizes Sasuke and finds in him a strong person with whom she would like to be.

However, like you have written, Sakura knows Sasuke more deeply than Karin and I think Sasuke is in love with Sakura too but he decided to severe the bonds he had because he thought they were making him weaker. I hope he's now realized that it's not the case...

_________________
SasuSaku or SasuKarin? 309t11w
Irielo
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Severian on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm not sure if Sasuke actually knows what romatic love is.... But between the pairs I prefer SasuKarin. Sasuske could give Karin direction and development. To me, Sakura falling in love with someone else would be a great growth for the character.
avatar
Severian


Posts : 14
Gender : Male
Location : Oceania

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 pm

^Sasuke can't give Karin direction or development. Karin will give herself direction and development (or Kishimoto technically will--though he already has done both for her anyway).

I have never liked the idea that "love interests" give a character direction or development. Direction and development is a character thing based on his or her actions. Love interests (nor friends, nor family) don't cause any of those things. Sasuke can give himself development by choosing someone to be his woman, but that's for himself not for the benefit of another character.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko


Posts : 925
Gender : Female
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Bubbles on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Severian wrote:I'm not sure if Sasuke actually knows what romatic love is.... But between the pairs I prefer SasuKarin.   Sasuske could give Karin direction and development.  To me, Sakura falling in love with someone else would be a great growth for the character.

I disagree about Sasuke giving Karin direction and development, and I especially disagree with Sakura falling for someone else equates to her growth as a character.

With Karin, in my opinion, with the way Kishi has written things out, Sasuke has ended up being the very reason her character is the way it is. She's so busy obsessing over him (never getting to know him as person, just as an object of lust), that she thinks about him even at the most inappropriate and unnatural times. After he'd stabbed her and then said a measly sorry she's all over him again, she is shown thinking about licking him all over when there's a war to be fought, planning on drugging him to do I think we all know what after he had no more energy after the fight with (I think Deidara?) and couldn't even move, etc.

Whenever Sasuke is around, she acts in a way that is not even remotely good growth and this hasn't really changed. And like Yamasaki said, only Karin can give herself direction and development. Karin could have had him as her inspiration I suppose, the way Hinata had Naruto as hers, but that hasn't been shown to be the case.

As for Sakura getting over Sasuke and falling for someone else...how would that equate to her character growth unless one is under the impression that Sakura's growth is somehow stunted because of Sasuke? Which I find ridiculous. Sakura has grown immensely as a character with both Sasuke and Naruto as her inspiration. That alone proves Sasuke does not stunt her growth. Hell, he's part of the reason she came up with a new goal for herself: to have them watch her back. He's part of the reason she went to Tsunade!

He's part of the reason she fought so hard against Sasori. Sasuke is part of the reason Sakura is who she is today as a kunoichi. She worked her butt off and she did it to prove to herself she can do it, and to protect her precious people, Sasuke and Naruto.

Sorry but, I just think the whole "Sakura not being with Sasuke equals equating to good character growth for her" is a bunch of bologna. Sakura's growth is not dependent on who she decides to cuddle up with at night. It's dependent on her. Sakura made the decision to fight in the FoD, Sakura made the decision to fight against Ino to prove her worth, Sakura went to Tsunade to better herself with her boys as her inspiration, Sakura chose to fight Sasori, etc.

She did it for herself, and she did it for her goals (which happen to be protecting Sasuke and Naruto). She's come quite a ways from the fangirl she used be, to who she is today and Sasuke hasn't stunted a moment of it, so I fail to see how her choosing another love interest will contribute to her growth in any way.
Bubbles
Bubbles


Posts : 1105
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Irielo on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:31 am

Severian wrote:I'm not sure if Sasuke actually knows what romatic love is.... But between the pairs I prefer SasuKarin.   Sasuske could give Karin direction and development.  To me, Sakura falling in love with someone else would be a great growth for the character.

To the bold: Although I often asked myself questions about Sasuke's feelings, I do think he loves Sakura. He might not know how to differentiate it from other types of love but the way he acted and reacted in some occasions in Part 1 shows that he has romantic feelings for her. I think it might even be one of the reason he was jealous when Naruto started to improve and when the latter saved Sakura.

It was quite a pity for him to see how Sakura thought that he saved her when it was Naruto. To him, he was not strong enough to protect the one he loved. And that's actually Sasuke's paradox because on the other hand, after his clan's destruction, he grew up with the idea that bonds and feelings are a a cause of weakness... Sasuke loved his clan and parents above everything. He felt guilty not to have been able to protect them and came to the conclusion, after what Itachi told him, that bonds would be a handicap for him on the way to become stronger.

With Team 7, Sasuke made new bonds but some events (Orochimaru's meeting in the FoD, the fight against Gaara for instance, meeting with Itachi) influenced his choice of severing the bonds he had. Kakashi trained them emphasizing the importance of teamwork and bonds because he had his own experiences with Rin and Obito. So, Kakashi's ways were not compatible with Sasuke's views. Orochimaru who is quite an independent person who was building his own underground kingdom could thus provide him what he was looking for: power.

Sasuke decided to severe his bond with Naruto because, despite the rivalry, Naruto was like a brother to him, someone who knows actually how it is to be alone.

I'm pretty sure Sasuke was sad to leave Sakura but he did not want to let any feelings interfering into his goals. Anyway, Sasuke is quite introvert. He is not the kind of person who will openly express his feelings but through his reactions, Sasuke showed that he's not indifferent to Sakura at all.

Here is something very interesting Bubbles has posted on the SasuSaku thread.

Bubbles wrote:Eye Smex-An interesting analysis regarding eye contact with SasuSaku.

http://une-nuit-pour-se-souvenir.tumblr.com/post/76509737982/eye-smex-pt-1

http://une-nuit-pour-se-souvenir.tumblr.com/post/76510188736/eye-smex-pt-2

These posts give me feels. Also, it looks like NaruHina may not be the only ship that can read eyes.
 SasuSaku or SasuKarin? 195309866 
Irielo
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by The Merchant on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Between the two I'd definitely prefer SasuKarin. Never been a fan of SasuSaku, but SasuKarin is at least tolerable for me.
The Merchant
The Merchant


Posts : 82
Gender : Male
Location : Pueblo

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Severian on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:12 am

Bubbles wrote: <cut>

Sorry but, I just think the whole "Sakura not being with Sasuke equals equating to good character growth for her" is a bunch of bologna. Sakura's growth is not dependent on who she decides to cuddle up with at night. It's dependent on her. Sakura made the decision to fight in the FoD, Sakura made the decision to fight against Ino to prove her worth, Sakura went to Tsunade to better herself with her boys as her inspiration, Sakura chose to fight Sasori, etc.

She did it for herself, and she did it for her goals (which happen to be protecting Sasuke and Naruto). She's come quite a ways from the fangirl she used be, to who she is today and Sasuke hasn't stunted a moment of it, so I fail to see how her choosing another love interest will contribute to her growth in any way.[/color]

At the bold. The two times I felt that Sakura's character regressed (or at least was most morally questionable) were; when she was willing to give up on the leaf if it meant she could go with Sasuke and the land of iron arc with her treatment of naruto and the others.

Yes she's had a lot of development, but I would suggest a lot of her growing has been when she's away from Sasuke. Yes she shared a bond with Sasuke, but she never really understood him (in fairness I think Sasuke only just began to understand himself and actually feel secure with his own personality).

If going forward her interactions around Sasuke show maturity and moral growth (possibly as a result of Sasuke's new direction?) than I'll support Saussaku. But for the last 3 years of naruto time, I don't see how holding out a romantic love for someone wants to destroy everything you love (including your parents) is, well healthy.
avatar
Severian


Posts : 14
Gender : Male
Location : Oceania

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by racefan1992 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:17 am

Severian wrote:
Bubbles wrote: <cut>

Sorry but, I just think the whole "Sakura not being with Sasuke equals equating to good character growth for her" is a bunch of bologna. Sakura's growth is not dependent on who she decides to cuddle up with at night. It's dependent on her. Sakura made the decision to fight in the FoD, Sakura made the decision to fight against Ino to prove her worth, Sakura went to Tsunade to better herself with her boys as her inspiration, Sakura chose to fight Sasori, etc.

She did it for herself, and she did it for her goals (which happen to be protecting Sasuke and Naruto). She's come quite a ways from the fangirl she used be, to who she is today and Sasuke hasn't stunted a moment of it, so I fail to see how her choosing another love interest will contribute to her growth in any way.[/color]

At the bold.  The two times I felt that Sakura's character regressed (or at least was most morally questionable) were; when she was willing to give up on the leaf if it meant she could go with Sasuke and the land of iron arc with her treatment of naruto and the others.

But for the last 3 years of naruto time, I don't see how holding out a romantic love for someone wants to destroy everything you love (including your parents) is, well healthy.

Sakura was willing too go with Saskue because she LOVES him, even tho back then was 12-13, her confession was real and heartfelt (unlike her other confession too Naruto). I wouldn't condemn her for trying too go with him but Saskue (in what sanity he had left at that time) knocked her out because he didn't want her too follow him. However i will say that her trying too go with him is a indication on how strongly she feels for Saskue but it also shows that she willing too piss everything away from him (sound similar too someone else?)

Now i do agree with you on the land of arc situation. I don't give a damn about her intentions (biggest excuse/apologiest arugement ever) she didn't go there too "confess", she went there too tell about "here is what the rest the rookies want too do about Saskue." But nope, she lied too Narutos and everyone elses face and ran off with her tail between her legs.

You do realize in those 3 years Saskue was lied too/didn't know the truth? His brother told him what he needed too know and the 4 Hokages also filled him in and now Saskue wants too be Hokage because he feels he can do it right. IMHO i don't think he fully gets it yet, Naruto does.

I have no dog in this fight but IMHO the only person who can save Saskue FULLY is Sakura.
racefan1992
racefan1992


Posts : 939
Gender : Male
Location : USA, Michigan

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Irielo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 am

Severian wrote:
Bubbles wrote: <cut>

Sorry but, I just think the whole "Sakura not being with Sasuke equals equating to good character growth for her" is a bunch of bologna. Sakura's growth is not dependent on who she decides to cuddle up with at night. It's dependent on her. Sakura made the decision to fight in the FoD, Sakura made the decision to fight against Ino to prove her worth, Sakura went to Tsunade to better herself with her boys as her inspiration, Sakura chose to fight Sasori, etc.

She did it for herself, and she did it for her goals (which happen to be protecting Sasuke and Naruto). She's come quite a ways from the fangirl she used be, to who she is today and Sasuke hasn't stunted a moment of it, so I fail to see how her choosing another love interest will contribute to her growth in any way.[/color]

At the bold.  The two times I felt that Sakura's character regressed (or at least was most morally questionable) were; when she was willing to give up on the leaf if it meant she could go with Sasuke and the land of iron arc with her treatment of naruto and the others.


Yes she's had a lot of development, but I would suggest a lot of her growing has been when she's away from Sasuke.  Yes she shared a bond with Sasuke, but she never really understood him (in fairness I think Sasuke only just began to understand himself and actually feel secure with his own personality).  

If going forward her interactions around Sasuke show maturity and moral growth (possibly as a result of Sasuke's new direction?) than I'll support Saussaku.   But for the last 3 years of naruto time, I don't see how holding out a romantic love for someone wants to destroy everything you love (including your parents) is, well healthy.

When Sakura offered Sasuke to follow him when he was leaving Konoha, she was ready to assume and share the blame of being a missing-nin. There is nothing wrong with that. At that time, Sasuke's goal was to become enough powerful in order to kill his brother. He had nothing against the Leaf at that time although learning from Orochimaru could have been seen as a kind of betrayal. Sasuke just wanted to use Orochimaru's knowledge for his own goals.

Now, what happened after the Kage Summit just shows that Sakura wanted to face Sasuke by herself. After hearing that the latter joined Akatsuki, she wanted to know what was really going on with Sasuke and why he became a wanted ninja. When she met him, she just realized that Sasuke was possessed by hatred and this hatred was turning him completely mad.

In opposition to you, I think that Sakura showed a lot of development there because she showed that she would not follow Sasuke on his path but at the same time, she did not judge him. As someone who truly loves, she saw that Sasuke was kind of possessed and it is very normal that she wanted to free him from this hatred. Regarding Sasuke, I think he came to that extent because the first person he might have hated was himself. After learning some truths about Itachi, I think he was quite upset of not having been able to read between the lines. He was naive once again. Hating himself led automatically to hate others... His action during the Kage Summit was quite suicidal imo.

One of the reason why I admire Sakura is because she loves Sasuke "for the best and for the worst". That's why I disagree with you because she would not have showed any development if she had just judged Sasuke because of him doing "bad" and decided to move on. She still wants to believe that the latter can be saved from the darkness and that is something which should be expected from someone who truly loves.
Irielo
Irielo


Posts : 3348
Gender : Male
Location : Back to normal

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Bubbles on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Severian wrote:
Bubbles wrote: <cut>
Sasuke hasn't stunted a moment of it, so I fail to see how her choosing another love interest will contribute to her growth in any way.
Severian wrote:
At the bold.  The two times I felt that Sakura's character regressed (or at least was most morally questionable) were; when she was willing to give up on the leaf if it meant she could go with Sasuke and the land of iron arc with her treatment of naruto and the others.

Yes she's had a lot of development, but I would suggest a lot of her growing has been when she's away from Sasuke.  Yes she shared a bond with Sasuke, but she never really understood him (in fairness I think Sasuke only just began to understand himself and actually feel secure with his own personality).  

If going forward her interactions around Sasuke show maturity and moral growth (possibly as a result of Sasuke's new direction?) than I'll support Saussaku.   But for the last 3 years of naruto time, I don't see how holding out a romantic love for someone wants to destroy everything you love (including your parents) is, well healthy.
Sakura's words in 181 were that she was willing to go with Sasuke to help him in any way she could. They were of a desperate heart afraid to lose him. She wanted him to stay, but if not, she would have been willing to go to help him get his revenge, since it was something that was clouding him and would not allow him to move on. She was serious when she said she would do anything to help him because she loved him.

As Irielo said, Sakura was willing to take the consequences of leaving the village, becoming a missing-nin to help him. While personally I think it was a bit foolish, I don't think it regressed her character because that moment showed her determination and willingness to give up personal comfort for his cause. She knew he would be lonely if he went by himself, she even stated this and said he taught her about the pain of loneliness, and "did he want to go off being lonely again?" She stated she has friends and family, but without him she would be lonely. In Part II, she loves her friends and she smiles around them, but at night, we've seen her shed tears under the moon holding the Team 7 picture. A moon which resembled the one Sasuke left her under.

Sasuke was going to Orochimaru, someone who she was frightened to even be near without getting frozen from fear, but she would have done it for his sake. But Sasuke, who said she was precious to him, stopped her from doing this by rendering her unconscious. Sasuke thanked her, I believe for her willingness to do this, for loving him and for caring to even offer her help. And Sakura was the only one who offered to help. Everyone else told him to give up or move on.

As for Iron Country, the regression of her character people more say is due to her ending up crying and not doing what she set out to do, not necessarily because it was Sasuke. Personally, I don't think it was a regression so much as it was Kishi showing the weaknesses and faults of Team 7. Naruto's is him continuing to try and do everything alone and trying to take the burdens all onto himself while keeping everyone else back. Sakura's was making that same mistake, what with knocking everyone out, not telling Naruto and trying to take it on alone, as well as letting her feelings of insecurity about being useless to Naruto get in the way. Sasuke was obviously letting the road he chose to travel down get the better of him until he was sinking into the darkness.

Sakura's actions toward Naruto were wrong since she planned on using his feelings (or thought to be feelings) toward her to get him back to Konoha. However, even though her actions may not be justified, they were her reasons nonetheless. Sakura wanted to take the burden she felt she placed on Naruto, onto herself because she always felt like she did nothing  but put this baggage onto him while she sat back and did nothing.

The POAL she connected to one of these things and even was seen thinking that she caused Naruto the most pain. She was willing to let him hate her forever to atone for this. She also could not bring herself to tell Naruto the truth because Sakura was thinking about how Naruto would feel. She is a character of emotion, and she knew how Naruto would react if he knew that his comrades were setting out to kill someone he loves like a brother; someone he personally feels like a failure for not being able to bring back. Sakura knew it would hurt him because they connect on Sasuke, and we saw how devastated she was.

Sakura's issue is that she babies Naruto. She wants to protect him, shield him. And sometimes, she does extreme things to accomplish this. It can be seen as both good and bad imo. Good because it shows how much she cares about him. But bad because while she does it with the best intentions, she ends up using things like manipulation to accomplish it, not to mention she underestimates him when she should believe in his will to endure. which is again, why NS is such a terrible pairing. In any case, that was her first reason for doing what she did, to protect him from the truth, atone for her burdening while taking the burden off of him.

The next reason was because she believed she could no longer save Sasuke. She and Sasuke both knew that once he went down the path he was, there would be no true happiness, because revenge doesn't bring this. We also must remember that as far as Sakura knows, Sasuke went from killing Orochimaru, Itachi and Deidara ( three dangerous S ranked criminals and one his lifelong goal), to randomly attacking the Kage Summit and killing Hokage Danzo, then going psycho and trying to attack Konoha. To Sakura, Sasuke just went nuts for no reason. There are pieces missing to her puzzle of knowledge, so as far as she (and Naruto before Obito told him the truth) understood, Sasuke had been sucked into the darkness, too lost to be saved.

So while everyone had decided they would take out Sasuke to save the village and then Sai guilt tripped her by telling her Naruto loved her and she caused him pain and burdens him, Sakura came to the decision that she would take the burden off of him (because she knew Naruto wouldn't let anybody go after Sasuke, he likes to do things himself) by killing Sasuke herself. But she did it not only out of duty, but because she loved him and did not want to see him sink further into the darkness. No, she couldn't do it in the end, but she'd made the decision and had aimed to do so. One can't believe it easy to take the life of a loved one.

Yes, a lot of her growth has been away from Sasuke. This is something I actually stated in a post of mine a while back regarding NH/SS. NH tends to have their growths tied in with one another at times, they grow together in different ways, while SS grows separately. Sakura needed to grow by becoming stronger for those she loved (Sasuke and Naruto). Both these boys are the inspiration for her growth. And in fact, Sakura grew while both Sasuke and Naruto left (Sasuke to Oro and Naruto with Jiraiya). So while she grew with Sasuke gone, it does not mean she only grew because he was no longer in her life. Him no longer being there was one of the catalysts for her to get stronger; because she couldn't stop him back then, she was too weak.

Hence why Sakura was in the hospital with Naruto and told Naruto he'd have to "wait for her." And next time "they'd do it together." She repeats this again later, and we see her going to Tsunade and both Sasuke and Naruto are in her mind, as the reason for her getting stronger. Sasuke and Sakura were destined to grow as people separately because Sakura needed that final push (being unable to stop the one she loved) and Sasuke needed to leave to get his revenge and get on this journey, leading to where he is now.

I believe he will change for the very better by the end as well. In any case, SS would never have had a chance to truly move forward if Sasuke couldn't move on from his past. He'd always be looking over his shoulder because his brother had seared it into his mind that he could come after him and kill his loved ones all over again. This is why he would have had to take that journey, and Sakura needed to grow with the help of Tsunade, bonding strongly with others and learning to stand strong when she needs to. While in 181, she was willing to go with him despite the consequences, by Kage Summit, she was willing to stand against him. That speaks of growth all on it's own imo.

Sakura may not be able to understand everything about him, but how easy can that be when the person doesn't really intend to open up to you? Who barricades his emotions up and tries not to let anybody in? Still, she understands that he is lonely. She understood that he was not happy doing what he was. The other thing about SS is this: Kishi deliberately has Sasuke miss out on moments where Sakura is showing strength (having him either knocked out or not present. The only instance of otherwise really is 632, where we see him smirking at her unbelievable power that he witnesses for the first time.

Likewise, Sakura has been absent, unconscious or unaware for every moment that really shows Sasuke's care for her. She was even under the impression that he was all but neutral toward her in 181, whereas we the audience know he feels she is "precious" to him. So not only is she unaware of why he did the things he did these past years, but she is unaware of just what Sasuke thinks of her. Naruto was told by Sasuke that he was his best friend, but Sakura has never once heard what Sasuke thinks of her. I think this is also important because they are uninformed about how the other feels.

The "healthy" argument:
This whole manga is about the bonds of friendship and love and how they are unbreakable. Sakura's love for Sasuke and her willingness to forgive is no worse than Naruto or anybody else in this manga. IMO, it's not really the manga to be placing these kinds of morals to because it's obvious Kishi isn't following that kind of morale for this story. Because it doesn't fit the idealistic view of the Naruto verse.

That being said, you could place it if you want, but for the way Kishi is writing the story, it's really not a hindrance on the pairing itself, just the way you personally view it. Which is why I don't consider it an actual argument against the pairing within the context of the story. Because in this manga, what you say is "unhealthy" Kishi has made to be "an unbreakable bond." I think the "unhealthy" argument is more one against the morals Kishi is placing within Naruto, which is an entirely different argument altogether.
Bubbles
Bubbles


Posts : 1105
Gender : Female
Location : Fairy Tail

Back to top Go down

SasuSaku or SasuKarin? Empty Re: SasuSaku or SasuKarin?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum