Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibility

+2
BlackNoon
Rin
6 posters

Go down

Possibility Empty Possibility

Post by Rin Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:47 am

One of the recurring themes in the show is the immunity to Chidori. Naruto survived it. Karin survived it. Obito survived it. Gaara survived it. So, with so many characters surviving Chidori, why not another one?

Yes, I am talking about Rin. In all those cases there was a medic or some kind of Bijuu involved. Rin had both, Isobu within her with an awesome healing ability, plus she was a medic herself. Even if she didn't use her ability as a medic, given her will to die, she would still have survived. I doubt Isobu wanted to die.

Here's how it sets into a pairing. ObiRin. Two childhood friends and teammates, there could be something more than that, even on Rin's part. Since her feelings were rejected, she might have moved on.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Possibility Empty Re: Possibility

Post by BlackNoon Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:51 am

Rin wrote:One of the recurring themes in the show is the immunity to Chidori. Naruto survived it. Karin survived it. Obito survived it. Gaara survived it. So, with so many characters surviving Chidori, why not another one?

Yes, I am talking about Rin. In all those cases there was a medic or some kind of Bijuu involved. Rin had both, Isobu within her with an awesome healing ability, plus she was a medic herself. Even if she didn't use her ability as a medic, given her will to die, she would still have survived. I doubt Isobu wanted to die.
Really? Naruto of all people? Kurama healed him before he died completely. Half of Obitos body wasn't even him. Gaara took one to the shoulder and that's it. Karin took a stream not the impact like everyone else did, plus Sakara healed her. As for Isobu, maybe he was just ubber lazy that day.
BlackNoon
BlackNoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Surviving chidori? Actually, the reverse is true. Haku was the first victim we saw, though we saw Kakashi take out Kakkou as the first ever victim.

I've never felt that Sasuke took out Naruto's heart--but came very close. I'm pretty sure that Kakashi took out Rin's heart--even though he didn't want to do so. That's why I think Kurama could save Naruto's life but Isobu couldn't save Rin.

Karin was also told to "not move" so while she took a hit that would've eventually killed her, she didn't take a direct killing hit (even Danzo survived it and Sasuke was aiming to kill him).

If anything, you could say that Kakashi has a pretty perfect track record of killing people with chidori (as long as he hits you with it--Obito doesn't count for the reason already stated above; he moved his "heart" so Kakashi didn't know where to find it anyway to kill him) and that Sasuke has a horrible one if you want to make a "pattern" out of it.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 pm

I don't know if I understood you right but according to you, Rin's will to die had something to do with Obito? Rin's feelings for Kakashi were not rejected. Kakashi did not give her the time to confess. Although Rin was sadden by Obito's "death", she was not willing to die while having Isobu sealed inside her because of him.

She simply did not want to be a threat to the Leaf and decided to sacrifice herself.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelInsanity Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:18 pm

There's no way Rin is alive. Why? Because

1. Her tailed beast is no longer within her.
2. She would have died if the beast was extracted from her
3. She got hit dead center in the chest with the chidori, a cauterizing heat would cause her flesh to melt closed.
MichaelInsanity
MichaelInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:45 am

RedEyes wrote:There's no way Rin is alive. Why? Because

3. She got hit dead center in the chest with the chidori, a cauterizing heat would cause her flesh to melt closed.
I don't think that the aim of this thread was to show that Rin was still alive. I personally understood the thread's logic this way:
Some people did not die although they were hurt by chidori. Rin was hurt by it but instead of healing herself using her medic abilities or Isobu's power, she preferred to die because she did not have the will to live anymore after the "death" of the one she supposedly loved: Obito.

Please, correct me if my thread's interpretation is wrong. If not, then I keep what I have written in the comment I made before.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:41 am

Irielo wrote:
RedEyes wrote:There's no way Rin is alive. Why? Because

I don't think that the aim of this thread was to show that Rin was still alive. I personally understood the thread's logic this way:
Some people did not die although they were hurt by chidori. Rin was hurt by it but instead of healing herself using her medic abilities or Isobu's power, she preferred to die because she did not have the will to live anymore after the "death" of the one she supposedly loved: Obito.

Please, correct me if my thread's interpretation is wrong. If not, then I keep what I have written in the comment I made before.
I interpreted it the same way. Though it is an interesting theory, it is highly unlikely imo. I don't think it was about if Rin could've survived or not. Firstly no matter how you look at it Chidori/Lightning Blade is a lethal attack, especially to the heart, (those characters mentioned above just experienced some very fortunate circumstances). Secondly and most importantly, Rin chose to die. It was her decision from the start, if i'm not mistaken she said "I prefer to die by the hand of the person I love (Kakashi)..." or something to that effect. This is why imo, even if there was a tiny possibility of her healing herself, she wasn't going to because her decision was to die and stop the mist ninja's plan of releasing Isobu in the leaf village.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:17 am

Oh, I forgot one other thing. Isobu wouldn't have died because Rin did. Isobu just would "reform" elsewhere (however long it would take for it to happen). If killing a jinchuriki would kill the bijuu, all of the bijuu would've died a long time ago.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down