Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto: Peace or Hokage?

3 posters

Go down

Naruto: Peace or Hokage? Empty Naruto: Peace or Hokage?

Post by Irielo Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Just some thoughts... Naruto wanted to be acknowledged and to achieve something great for Konoha... He has already done it. There is something else... His dream was/is to become Hokage too, but on his life's path, new challenges come into play like bringing peace to the Shinobi World.

What if his dream of becoming Hokage interfered with the ideal of peace which was entrusted to him by Jiraiya and Nagato for instance? One could say that as Hokage, he could achieve this goal but recently, Sasuke stated that he wanted to become Hokage...

No one coming from the Uchiha clan became Hokage because they weren't trusted and the trick which was found to control them was to put them in charge of the Leaf's police forces... Naruto still does not know this part of the history and if he came to know about it, would you think he would accept Sasuke to become the future Hokage fulfilling btw Itachi's wishes? Of course, I could imagine Naruto challenging Sasuke to know if the latter would be fit for the job and that could be a possibility for their probable future fight...

In my opinion, that would be the greatest character development for Naruto.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Naruto: Peace or Hokage? Empty Re: Naruto: Peace or Hokage?

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:25 am

In the story I don't think that conflict will truly exist, though it is one of my floating "ideas" to cause a Sasuke vs. Naruto situation. However, the main reason I don't think Kishimoto will really go there at the moment is due to this page and the fact that Sasuke is the only one of the three to not learn his lesson yet. Since Sasuke has to learn to trust in others, I think part of that will be learning to be okay with Naruto as Hokage.

Still, if this did become a true issue, I'm sure Naruto would choose peace over being Hokage. Naruto has already put something (having Sasuke return) over becoming Hokage. Considering how important achieving peace has also become to Naruto, I can see him choosing it over Hokage, too.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:04 am

bricksquad88 wrote:I think the real development for him would be him reaping the rewards of his journey. All his training and suffering would be rewarded by him becoming Hokage. Personally, I wouldn't feel a certain type of way about him becoming Hokage if he hadn't been talking about it since day 1. That's the one thing (imo) that he shouldn't compromise on. Even Shikamaru acknowledged that Naruto will eventually become Hokage, hence why he said that he will become his right hand man. There's just been too much time and effort put into Naruto becoming Hokage for him to just throw it away. I'm not saying he couldn't opt for something else, but in my eyes it wouldn't make sense. Feel free to disagree.

I don't disagree on the fact that Naruto's dream is to become Hokage and that, from the very beginning but I think he might come to a higher position than a Hokage. He could for instance, after have been saved (given the current situation) and maybe after the war become a kind of "ultimate Kage".

In other words, someone who will be needed in the whole Shinobi World to deal with diplomatic matters for instance, someone who will try his best to maintain peace and balance between the different countries. There is also a strong possibility that the Bijuus or most of them will follow him... Although there is now an alliance between the different lands, I don't think that they will accept all this power (Bijuus) to be concentrated in Konoha solely.

That's why Naruto would have to travel constantly imo. And him having this position would even surprise him. Instead of being the protector of one village, he would be the protector of several villages...

Last edited by Irielo on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:30 am

Irielo wrote:
bricksquad88 wrote:I think the real development for him would be him reaping the rewards of his journey. All his training and suffering would be rewarded by him becoming Hokage. Personally, I wouldn't feel a certain type of way about him becoming Hokage if he hadn't been talking about it since day 1. That's the one thing (imo) that he shouldn't compromise on. Even Shikamaru acknowledged that Naruto will eventually become Hokage, hence why he said that he will become his right hand man. There's just been too much time and effort put into Naruto becoming Hokage for him to just throw it away. I'm not saying he couldn't opt for something else, but in my eyes it wouldn't make sense. Feel free to disagree.

I don't disagree on the fact that Naruto's dream is to become Hokage and that, from the very beginning but I think he might come to a higher position than a Hokage. He could for instance, after have been saved (given the current situation) and maybe after the war become a kind of "ultimate Kage".

In other words, someone who will be needed in the whole Shinobi World to deal with diplomatic matters for instance, someone who will try his best to maintain peace and balance between the different countries. There is also a strong possibility that the Bijuus or most of them will follow him... Although there is now an alliance between the different lands, I don't think that they will accept all this power (Bijuus) to be concentrated in Konoha solely.

That's why Naruto would have to travel constantly imo. And him having this position would even surprise him. Instead of being the protector of one village, he would be the protector of several villages...

I don't disagree with you. That's why I said he could opt for something like that, and it will probably happen based off where the plot is going. I don't necessarily like it, but it is what it is right?
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 am

bricksquad88 wrote:I don't disagree with you. That's why I said he could opt for something like that, and it will probably happen based off where the plot is going. I don't necessarily like it, but it is what it is right?

I get what you mean... Given the fact that Naruto's goal (becoming Hokage) has been constantly brought up, it's as if it must happen one way or the other.

However, I would not mind to see an Uchiha becoming Hokage. Madara was unfortunately excluded. Obito made the wrong decisions because if he did go back to Konoha, he could have become the first Uchiha becoming Hokage. Sasuke needs to genuinely learn from his mistakes and put his pride aside and I'm sure he could become a good Hokage. He's already some leadership and organization abilities with Taka. Moreover, I could imagine him better than Naruto sitting in an office doing paper jobs for instance.

Anyway, that still remains a theory or thought though.

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Irielo wrote:
bricksquad88 wrote:I don't disagree with you. That's why I said he could opt for something like that, and it will probably happen based off where the plot is going. I don't necessarily like it, but it is what it is right?

I get what you mean... Given the fact that Naruto's goal (becoming Hokage) has been constantly brought up, it's as if it must happen one way or the other.

However, I would not mind to see an Uchiha becoming Hokage. Madara was unfortunately excluded. Obito made the wrong decisions because if he did go back to Konoha, he could have become the first Uchiha becoming Hokage. Sasuke needs to genuinely learn from his mistakes and put his pride aside and I'm sure he could become a good Hokage. He's already some leadership and organization abilities with Taka. Moreover, I could imagine him better than Naruto sitting in an office doing paper jobs for instance.

Anyway, that still remains a theory or thought though.

Ultimately, that is the point I'm trying to get across. If Kishimoto wanted Naruto to be some next-level Kage or travel on some Jiraiya type lifestyle, he should have hinted at it earlier in the story. Because the story is reaching it's end, for Naruto to all of a sudden change his goals would be as random as Sasuke wanting to become Hokage. Not saying Sasuke couldn't be a good Hokage, however there are a couple of things he lacks. One very important thing would be what Itachi told Naruto near the beginning of the war. I remember the chapter being called Prerequisite for Hokage or something to that degree. Itachi told Naruto that it is the ones who are acknowledged by others who become Hokage; and that Naruto should not forget his friends should he want to become Hokage. Sasuke's ambition to become Hokage isn't quite the same. However, I will say that due to Sasuke talking to the Hokage's before they made their way to the battlefield, he understands where the Hokage's failed and that could possibly set him up to be a good Hokage. That's just my two cents though.
bricksquad88
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down