Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naming real children after fictional characters...bad?

+5
Yamasaki Akaiko
Amoroq
Azuula
kirmazah
bellezanaruhina
9 posters

Go down

Good idea or Bad idea

Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_lcap59%Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 10 ]
Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_lcap0%Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_lcap18%Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_lcap6%Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_lcap17%Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Empty Naming real children after fictional characters...bad?

Post by bellezanaruhina Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 am

So I have considered naming my children after the fictional characters who helped shape me in reality.

For a girl none so much as Hinata which means "place in the sun", my favorite flowers are sunflowers and I would love for my
daughter to have some of her qualities. Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? 789588777 

I have gone thru others throughout my life like I always liked "Khalessi" from GOT for example.

My question is: is it unfair to the kid? is it just crazy fanatical? (lol probably) How would you feel if your parents named you after their favorite cartoon/manga characters???

Should I just stick to naming pets???
bellezanaruhina
bellezanaruhina

Back to top Go down

Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Empty Re: Naming real children after fictional characters...bad?

Post by kirmazah Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:34 pm

I think Hinata would be a cute name! It's okay IMO if you name them after a character based on a real name. If it's something weird like... I can't think of anything right now but nothing too crazy or out of the ordinary! :P I would probably just stick to naming my pets with those names though hehe
kirmazah
kirmazah

Back to top Go down

Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? Empty Re: Naming real children after fictional characters...bad?

Post by Azuula Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 pm

^ agree very much. Though naming your child is you, and your husbands choice only. I'd say naming your daughter Hinata is actually pretty unique IMO. I wouldn't feel bad at all; and considering the fact that you got a reason "having the same qualities" that's even better. Because when you have a reason to something then you're able to explain WHY they're named after that specific thing; if they ask.
Nothing crazy,
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by bellezanaruhina Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Yea I agree...as long as it's not REALLY crazy, it could be ok. While I don't have kids now, I was just wondering for the future. :)

and also my poor pets (future also) have no idea what's coming to them.Naming real children after fictional characters...bad? 3495430729 
bellezanaruhina
bellezanaruhina

Back to top Go down

Post by Amoroq Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:04 pm

I honestly think it'd be pretty cool to name a kid after a character, though if I have a son, first name I'm pitching is Link. XD
Amoroq
Amoroq

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:20 am

I wouldn't and I would've been annoyed if my parents had done that to me. It reminds me of the parents that have been naming their children "ESPN" in terms of being a bad idea. Sure, if the name is a "regular" name, then it wouldn't matter to me (as I'd ignore it if it was done to me in that case). However, a lot of characters don't have "regular" names.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:17 am

I wouldn't do it...but it depends on what the name is. If it's "Naruto" or something, I definitely wouldn't, it's too obvious. .
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

I would. There are a lot of characters out there with beautiful names that have really nice meanings. My nephew's name was taken from a book and in my opinion, it's a beautiful one that really suits him. I see nothing wrong with it, personally. I would've rathered been named after the heroine of a good story than after a super-model, but what can you do? xD
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by chloboshoka Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 am

Hinata is a really beautiful name in my opinion. There are lots of unique names out there. As long as it's sensible and not like ones listed here or some from here, then it's okay.
chloboshoka
chloboshoka

Back to top Go down

Post by db84x Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:52 pm

As long as it sensible in your society than it not problem. If you came from western it good follow norm since a lot of anime character is western anyway.
db84x
db84x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down