Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parallels in favour of NaruHina

+9
Ponyta
lily567
GreatKungLao
MichaelInsanity
racefan1992
Skywardstrike
Mustang
Irielo
TheHyuugaHeiress
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Parallels in favour of NaruHina Empty Parallels in favour of NaruHina

Post by TheHyuugaHeiress Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:21 pm

As we all know, MinaKush parallels are usually used in favour of the opposing pairing. Parallels aren't really that important, but if they can be used for the opposing pairing, then they can be used in our favour just as well, therefore cannot be used as evidence by their side.

1. Naruto -- Kushina (They are the loud outgoing ones in the relationship.)
Minato -- Hinata (They are both the quiet, reserved ones.)
The other side dismiss this as not important, but it is just as important as a Kushina--Sakura parallel.

2. They both had the same negative perceptions about the other one in childhood. For example, Kushina thought that Minato was weird and shy. Naruto also thought that Hinata was weird and shy ( Obviously not now :) )

TheHyuugaHeiress

Back to top Go down

Parallels in favour of NaruHina Empty Re: Parallels in favour of NaruHina

Post by Irielo Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't know how accurate or true it is but I heard that NaruHina inspired Kishimoto to make MinaKushi. Anyway if the "opposite pairing" wants to rely so much on parallels, that means that somehow it acknowledges that its pairing has no identity.

That's why I don't like to use parallels for NaruHina because this pairing has its own identity, its own story and development and it does not need to refer itself to any other pairing in order to exist unlike an other pairing we all know well... lol.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHyuugaHeiress Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:44 pm

I know I'm saying that it can't use that for evidence now.

Last edited by Irielo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please use "it" while addressing to NS, not "they". Thank you.)
TheHyuugaHeiress

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Let it use every parallel as so called "evidence" if it wants to. By doing so it does not help itself at all. It only shows that NS compared to NaruHina can't stand on its own.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:42 am

the thing is TheHyuugaHeiress, we don't need parallels, NaruHina is a ship that sails itself, the parallels are there but I prefer not to use them.

the parallel is there but it was slight, Naruto remembering Hinata being right there with him after Neji died, she saved his life, that moment can be likened to when Obito said to Rin, you saving me is like saving the world.

the Kushina-Sakura Parallel now means nothing it is only one comparison, there isn't much else that NS can use to make Sakura like Kushina because she basically isn't like Naruto's mom, it is irrelevant in many ways now, Naruto has been likened to his mother, something that has been pointed out by Minato, Kushina, Tsunade and Jiraiya themselves.

But for NaruHina, I agree with my friend Irielo, NaruHina has it's own identity, that is why NaruHina is such a strong pairing, sure the two characters have weaknesses, but Naruto and Hinata can cover those weaknesses in their own unique way thus giving the character the strength they need, it reminds me of a different pairing, but that would be best if I leave that for a later time.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHyuugaHeiress Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:56 am

I know that parallels aren't important but I was trying to disprove it using parallels as evidence.

It can't use this as evidence, as it can clearly be thrown either way.
TheHyuugaHeiress

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:02 am

TheHyuugaHeiress wrote:I know that parallels aren't important but I was trying to disprove it using parallels as evidence.

It can't use this as evidence, as it can clearly be thrown either way.
What do you expect from NS my dear? With NS glasses, everything regarding Sakura and Naruto will be seen as romantic... and the true NaruHina moments will be denied. Trying to convince or disprove NS is like talking to a wall.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywardstrike Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:55 am

TheHyuugaHeiress wrote:As we all know,  MinaKush parallels are usually used in favour of the opposing pairing. Parallels aren't really that important, but if they can be used for the opposing pairing, then they can be used in our favour just as well, therefore cannot be used as evidence by their side.

1. Naruto -- Kushina (They are the loud outgoing ones in the relationship.)
   Minato -- Hinata (They are both the quiet, reserved ones.)
The other side dismiss this as not important, but it is just as important as a Kushina--Sakura parallel.

2. They both had the same negative perceptions about the other one in childhood. For example, Kushina thought that Minato was weird and shy. Naruto also thought that Hinata was weird and shy ( Obviously not now :) )

I dont agree with the Minato/Kushina and Naruto/Hinata paralel.

But i sympathize with the Obito/Rin and Naruto/Hinata paralel
Skywardstrike
Skywardstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:01 am

Skywardstrike wrote:I dont agree with the Minato/Kushina and Naruto/Hinata paralel.

But i sympathize with the Obito/Rin and Naruto/Hinata paralel
I'm asking myself why... Maybe because ObiRin was a non-romantic pairing compared to MinaKushi. Maybe because ObiRin represents only friendship. Isn't it?

I'm happy not to have to think about parallels to appreciate NaruHina. OMG! Parallels, parallels...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 am

If you want to parallel characters then by all means have at it.

But NH doesn't need any parallels.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelInsanity Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:19 am

You know what'd be freaking great? After the series ends, Kishi gets interviewed and explains ALL of his little hints and cues so that NS will understand why it was wrong from the beginning ;D That'd be grand ya know?
MichaelInsanity
MichaelInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatKungLao Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 am

RedEyes wrote:You know what'd be freaking great? After the series ends, Kishi gets interviewed and explains ALL of his little hints and cues so that NS will understand why it was wrong from the beginning ;D That'd be grand ya know?
I would love to see such kind of interview.

Shonen Jump: So, Naruto and Hinata are finally together. It was an exciting love story you have created in a shonen manga. Was it meant to happen from the beginning?
Kishimoto: Yes, exactly. Even though I wasn't good at writing and drawing romantic things, I really wanted to have such kind of thing in Naruto, but at the same time I didn't wanted it to happen in an easy way, I wanted to create a drama, a love sub-story, that moves my main character through main plot, a love story, that goes through any obstacles to get a happy ending. And with help of my wife and assistants I've done it.
GreatKungLao
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelInsanity Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:32 am

Holy fuck, that even sounds legit XD
MichaelInsanity
MichaelInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:34 am

GreatKungLao wrote:
RedEyes wrote:You know what'd be freaking great? After the series ends, Kishi gets interviewed and explains ALL of his little hints and cues so that NS will understand why it was wrong from the beginning ;D That'd be grand ya know?
I would love to see such kind of interview.

Shonen Jump: So, Naruto and Hinata are finally together. It was an exciting love story you have created in a shonen manga. Was it meant to happen from the beginning?
Kishimoto: Yes, exactly. Even though I wasn't good at writing and drawing romantic things, I really wanted to have such kind of thing in Naruto, but at the same time I didn't wanted it to happen in an easy way, I wanted to create a drama, a love sub-story, that moves my main character through main plot, a love story, that goes through any obstacles to get a happy ending. And with help of my wife and assistants I've done it.

now I can definitely see an interview like this just hope that it is translated properly tho
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponyta Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:46 pm

I have to disagree with many Naruhina fans when it comes to parallels. I love the idea of parallels in this ship because it's just another fun aspect of it. I feel like there's nothing wrong if I want to take it seriously on not, because if I feel that the evidence is there, then why not. I know Naruhina is strong enough on it's own, but I like the thought of comparing it to a couple that is cannon.

My favorite one you ask? why the Naruto=Kushina Minato=Hinata one of course!

However for the aspect of using it for evidence. My thought is, well, why not? It's our ship and I feel that we can support it anyway we feel like. Although, if using any kind of theory to prove Naruhina, I prefer the yin/yang one (because it bubbles up my feels!)

Also, GreatKungLao, I loved your "quote" from Kishi. Gosh I thought it sounded just like him. I bet you would make a great impersonator!
Ponyta
Ponyta

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 am

How can one parallels NaruHina to any pairing? Of course, there are similarities with MinaKushi but Kushina made only a summary of her relationship with Minato. We don't know all the details of their story, we did not see  the development of their relationship only some important aspects.

That's why NaruHina is so unique and special: Naruto is the hero, thus, we have a better insight in his story. NaruHina is not a summary but a story as a whole. Every detail of their romantic development was shown to us since the Chunin exams. For the rest of the pairings (except maybe SasuSaku especially in Part 1), there were only some flashbacks or references but none of them went deep into how their relationships developed.

That's something exclusive to NaruHina. Romance in Naruto: "All rights reserved to NaruHina" if you get what I mean...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Ponyta wrote:I have to disagree with many Naruhina fans when it comes to parallels. I love the idea of parallels in this ship because it's just another fun aspect of it. I feel like there's nothing wrong if I want to take it seriously on not, because if I feel that the evidence is there, then why not. I know Naruhina is strong enough on it's own, but I like the thought of comparing it to a couple that is cannon.

My favorite one you ask? why the Naruto=Kushina Minato=Hinata one of course!

However for the aspect of using it for evidence. My thought is, well, why not? It's our ship and I feel that we can support it anyway we feel like. Although, if using any kind of theory to prove Naruhina, I prefer the yin/yang one (because it bubbles up my feels!)

Also, GreatKungLao, I loved your "quote" from Kishi. Gosh I thought it sounded just like him. I bet you would make a great impersonator!
Then i have a question: if your using parallels, how is NH better then NS? Lets not forget, NS uses paralulz too justify NS itself as "canon manga" pairing (dispite NS getting the paralulz wrong). Parallels are NOT a good way too support a pairing, there cheap too me.

Now if you want too parallel as characeters like Naruto and Hinata, then it works. If you parallel NH with other pairings (even ones that never even happened) it cheapens NH too me. NH stands on its own.

BTW this post too brought too you by the neutral party in me.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponyta Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sure I mentioned somewhere I'm a nursing student and my free time significantly decreased after summer break. So on to my main point.

For me, if I was a neutral party I would be okay with however other people support their ship. I mean, who says that NS can't use parallels in their argument? It's their ship and they have the right to support it anyway they see fit. Who am I to judge what they can and can't use for their pairing. In my heart of hearts I know where I stand and how I feel about Naruhina so if another pairing group wants to use a particular method to support their ship, let them. Because at the end of the day it's whatever makes you happy.

If they are wrong, then just let them be wrong and move on. No sense in trying to convince someone of an opinion that just won't budge. Sometimes ships can get pretty serious, almost as some religions. And from personal experience, when it comes to religion, nothing I say is going to persuade you. It has to be a personal motivation to want to change.

And if you feel that using parallels is makes the pairing ''cheap'', well, I feel that that is your opinion and I'm okay with that. However I feel that using parallels is okay. It's my ship and I sail it the way I want.

And sure, Naruhina can stand on its own. For me, its more fun when I can interplay different aspects of the relationship. Let's take MinaKishi for example. I'm not even a big fan of this pairing, however I like the interactions between these two characters. If I integrate aspects of this pairing into Naruhina, then maybe I can get more insight on how Narhina would interact in a different situation. Because in all reality, this pairing doesn't get a lot of screen time (not nearly as much as I want at least, haha). So to make up for that, I can do something of a 'person-swap' (if you will)  and imagine different scenarios. It's just a fun thing for me and I feel that is what shipping is about. Having fun and enjoying your pairing.

And I must apologize at the length. I've notices that many people don't like to read lengthy post, however since  you specifically asked me a question, I felt obliged to give a good answer. I love having good discussions so please feel free to continue your thoughts on the subject.
Ponyta
Ponyta

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:33 pm

^One can do anything with parallels and is free to do so but what does it really bring to the ship at the end of the day? Coming back to MinaKushi, I can't remember any of their "interaction" (except on Naruto's birth). Kushina just told the important aspects of her story with Minato to Naruto.

On the interactions' perspective, NaruHina had enough interactions since the days of the academy whereas I don't know how MinaKushi interacted, I did not read any dialogue between them except the day when Naruto was born, and that's not the case with NaruHina where we could see how their story develop from the days of the academy until now, we could see how they interacted and what they said to each other and even their thoughts about each other. These interactions were no flashbacks or whatsoever because we could "live" these moments as well.

That's why I agree with racefan1992.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponyta Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Parallels bring to the ship whatever you want to bring to it.

For MinaKushi, it's not merely about the direct interactions, for me, it's about integrating personalities. If Naruto is like Kushina, then you get more of a perspective of what he could be like if different scenarios happen. And I do like the idea of Hinata = Minato. I can see her being silly making up weird names to things or better yet, her becoming the next Hokage. She just kinda listened in when everyone else was talking about it, but hey, who knows right? They're just fun ideas for me, nothing to take seriously.
I guess in my head I don't expect a 'future' chapter where everything is resolved nicely. So I like to imagine how Naruto and Hinata would interact if they were Minato and Kushina.

In my opinion, a parallel is just another way to support your ship. I understand what you mean when you talk about living with moments and growing with them. But with Naruto and Hinata, there is only a short scene when Hinata cheers on Naruto in his fight with Sasuke with regards to how they were in the academy days. We never really see them interact. But what if it was similar to when Kushina came to class. Then I can imagine all sorts of things. It kind of gives a different insight. I wish Naruhina did have some more flashbacks because I would love to see more interactions.

But with Naruhina, although many people don't like to use parallels of any kind, I think one of the best, if not the best one, is the idea that they parallel themselves.Here's a great link if you want to read what I'm talking about: http://yamasaki-akaiko.tumblr.com/post/56171963228/how-many-ways-does-naruhina-parallel-itself-let-me

However, I prefer to think of it in a yin/yang sense. Individually they are incomplete, but together they become whole. One cannot live without the other.
Ponyta
Ponyta

Back to top Go down

Post by blackiechan35 Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:24 pm

I really don't like using parallels as concrete proof, but instead, ship suggestions. Parallels in favour of NaruHina 789588777  We all know that NaruHina can stand on its own two legs without the crutch of a parallel.

However, throughout the series virtually all the canon couples have the recurring theme of 'opposites attract', so I understand why NH is categorized with ships such as MinaKushi, HashiMito, etc.

blackiechan35

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:42 am

Ponyta wrote:  

But with Naruhina, although many people don't like to use parallels of any kind, I think one of the best, if not the best one, is the idea that they parallel themselves.Here's a great link if you want to read what I'm talking about: http://yamasaki-akaiko.tumblr.com/post/56171963228/how-many-ways-does-naruhina-parallel-itself-let-me

However, I prefer to think of it in a yin/yang sense. Individually they are incomplete, but together they become whole. One cannot live without the other.
Your link is pretty much how i view it.

Naruto and Hinata paralell each other and it SHOULD be left too that but people are free to ship how ever they want.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu May 22, 2014 7:45 am

Like some wrote here, the best parallels in favor of NaruHina is... NaruHina itself. This is a link to a locked thread which deals with that:

https://naruhina.forumotion.com/t401-naruhina-parallels?highlight=parallels

Yesterday's chapter (677), motivated me to talk about this aspect about NaruHina paralleling itself.

Chapter 98 // chapter 559 - Naruto doubting of his strength in 98 and Hinata giving him confidence through the PF speech // Hinata doubting of her strength in 559 and Naruto giving her confidence through the "in your eyes" talk.

Chapter 383 // chapter 614 - Hinata worrying for Naruto when the latter was fighting Obito. Sakura telling her not to worry in 383 // Naruto worrying to see Hinata standing in front of him to protect him. Hiashi telling him that the Hyuugaa are the "strongest" of Konoha.

chapter 437 // 615 - Hinata during her confession talked about Naruto's importance and positive influence in her life, showing that she is thankful to him // Naruto acknowledging Hinata's support in his life and being thankful to her

Chapter 677 // 662 - Hinata trying to get to Naruto after realizing that the latter was dying but she could not // Naruto hearing/feeling Hinata's call just before she gets wrapped and trying to get to her but he could not

Chapter 677 parallels other chapter on the souls's connexion aspect: 677 // 441 and 101 (during Pein, during Naruto's fight agains Neji)
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Thu May 22, 2014 7:50 am

Yep, NaruHina parallels within itself.

98 [Naruto feeling down about himself, Hinata cheers him up, Hinata feeling down about herself, Naruto cheers her up]

102 [Naruto is in pain, Hinata is in pain]

441 [Naruto cries over Hinata, thanking god she's okay, Hinata cries over Naruto, thanking god he's okay]

559 [Naruto speaks of Hinata's eyes, Hinata speaks of Naruto's eyes]

662-677[Hinata tries but is unable to reach Naruto when he is in danger, Naruto tries but is unable to reach Hinata when she is in danger]
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinobi Sat May 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I feel Naruhina and Sasusaku are parallels to each other as well.
For example, we have Sasuke and Hinata. Both come from high clans, aren't really acknowledged by their fathers and have doujustsu. Also, both of them wear cool colours (i.e purple and blue).
Sakura and Naruto both are loud, easily excited, etc. We often see this when Kakashi shows up late and they both yell "LIAR!" at the same time. And also they both wear hot colours (pink/red and orange).
Now some may say that these can be used as hints to Narusaku or *shudder* Sasuhina (which is total crap because they don't even talk to each other!) because of the similarities, but I believe that the reason the pairing works so well is because they complement each other.
I don't know how many of you have seen the picture where it says Sakura is to Sasuke as Hinata is to Naruto, making reference to when Sakura was able to control Sasuke when the curse mark first appeared and then when Hinata was able to help Naruto when facing Obito. But I think that's exactly it; they're paralleling each other.
Naruto and Sakura are the suns that Sasuke and Hinata, as the moons, need.
Shinobi
Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next