Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

How do you interpret Sakura's hug to Naruto after Pein?

Go down

How do you interpret Sakura's hug to Naruto after Pein?

Post by Irielo on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:41 am

I can remember when it happened, I was reading the comments just after chapter 450 on a french site. What surprised me is that some non-shippers said that Sakura behaved like a b#### during this moment. At that time, I did not care that much because this Pein arc made me a NaruHina fan. But now, when I think about it, I don't really know how to interpret it because Sakura realized this day how much Hinata was in love with Naruto but she came and hugged him when he came back, driving all the attention on her...

I don't want to bash on her and please if you participate in this thread, avoid any bashing, because tbh, to me, she should have given time to Naruto to realize everything that was going on (people celebrating him like a star) instead of hugging him. Just by looking at Naruto's face, one could say that he was confused because he did not expect to be celebrated that way.

Was this hug the result of jealousy, a sign of happiness and relief or a friendship gesture?
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you interpret Sakura's hug to Naruto after Pein?

Post by GreatKungLao on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:04 am

It was a friendship gesture. It was her new way to say "thank you" for saving the day, for staying alive - after all her friend could have died. If it wasn't friendship, I doubt Hinata would be smiling, because she is very observant and perspicacious, she understands people pretty well.

If it was more than friendship, we wouldn't get so much of NaruHina development, a lot of SasuSaku mentions (and confirmation of that Sakura is still deeply loves Sasuke in 540) and the destruction chapter of NS which is 469. In 469 Sakura was trying to make this hug gesture into romantic thing, but it failed. Naruto accepted hug as a friendship gesture, but totally denied it as a romantic gesture from Sakura.
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:33 pm

I believe it was just a friendly gesture and because she was relieved he made it. Yes she realised in the fight Hinata's feelings for Naruto and yes he was now the hero of the village, but at that time i'm sure the only thing running through her mind was thank God he made it and she did what any concerned and relieved friend would do...she hugged him. Happy that he was safe.

Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:58 am

Relief and gratitude. That's all there was to it, really. She said it herself, "Thank you". It was confirmed there wasn't any romantic implications behind the hug, when chapters later she was shocked and overcome with guilt when Sai told her Naruto "loved her". She hadn't even thought about it that way.

I am more annoyed at the fact that she decided to punch him before the hug, that still to this day pisses me off.

FOR MY TUMBLR CLICK HERE
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 am

Strawberry wrote:Relief and gratitude. That's all there was to it, really. She said it herself, "Thank you". It was confirmed there wasn't any romantic implications behind the hug, when chapters later she was shocked and overcome with guilt when Sai told her Naruto "loved her". She hadn't even thought about it that way.

I am more annoyed at the fact that she decided to punch him before the hug, that still to this day pisses me off.
You and I both  

Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:17 am

Lickstermik wrote:
Strawberry wrote:Relief and gratitude. That's all there was to it, really. She said it herself, "Thank you". It was confirmed there wasn't any romantic implications behind the hug, when chapters later she was shocked and overcome with guilt when Sai told her Naruto "loved her". She hadn't even thought about it that way.

You and I both  
^ agreed
I have never interpreted sakura's hug as romantic. she was being worried an relieved that he was ok and safe just like the others and she was thankful
I didn't like the fact that she punched him tho because he was already punched and stab to many times and she just had to add to it . sigh
when sai told sakura that naruto 'loved her', it was right there and then that I wanted to smack sai. when did naruto say that he loved her and sakura foolishly believed him. but I gotta say but because of this lead sakura to say in the failfession to naruto that you should listen to when a girl is expressing her feelings or something like that. so some negatives and postives sorta came out of this.

lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by narutohokage123 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:51 am

It was't romantic at all, Sakura in that moment represents the entire village of Konoha who previously hated Naruto but after saving the village from Pain they are all grateful for what he did.
Any doubts about it was shutdown in chapter 474, 540, 632, 635 (chapter 447, 615  and 633 also refute any chances of NS happen)

Sakura's loves Sasuke and Sasuke alone, she doesn't hold romantic feelings for Naruto and even less confused about her feelings.

That's it!

narutohokage123

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:31 pm

This. It was pure gratitude. And I thought I was the only one who was pissed with Sakura punching him before the hug. Really, I was like, "Wtf Sakura, now why you had to punch him for?" Yeah, it still makes me a bit mad when thinking of it.
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Maybe kishi had her punch him so people will understand that this moment was not romantic, but just gratitude? then when it turned out the hint apparently wasn't good enough he made failfession?
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Bubbles wrote:Maybe kishi had her punch him so people will understand that this moment was not romantic, but just gratitude? then when it turned out the hint apparently wasn't good enough he made failfession?
Sometimes, it's a way friends have to greet and to joke with each other. Someone romantically in love with someone else would indeed not act this way.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Bubbles wrote:Maybe kishi had her punch him so people will understand that this moment was not romantic, but just gratitude? then when it turned out the hint apparently wasn't good enough he made failfession?
^This.

If Sakura hadn't punched Naruto first, I actually would've understood the theories concerning Sakura supposedly being "jealous" or "starting to realize that she really loves Naruto now." The punch was to make it clear that Sakura is happy that Naruto is alright as a friend and only as a friend. It is possible for girls to care about boys and not be interested in romance without being a lesbian.

Actually, the "failfession" wasn't even enough though the words used should've made it obvious. I still think that due to the response Kishimoto got at Jump Festa 2010 (where he literally spelled out that Sakura is in love with Sasuke--by far the most blunt he's ever been with regards to romance in an interview) is why we had the "love letter nin" bit during the war.
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum