Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about?

Go down

Most intriguing mystery for you

Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap17%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap17%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap14%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap9%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap6%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap6%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap14%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap9%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_lcap2%Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 35

Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Empty Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about?

Post by Strawberry on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Well, I know this section is not very popular, but since I love this manga and anime, I'd still like to discuss this. ^.^ With anyone.

Anyways, this series has a lot of things going on, and many stuff yet to be revealed. It keeps you wondering, and guessing, and making theories, etc. I think this is an awesome aspect it has, so I felt it was worth discussing.

Which one of these most intrigues you and why? What do you want to know about the most? Feel free to add in your theories as well. You may choose more than one, but make sure to highlight the ONE that interests you more.

For me, personally, it's the giant monkey-like titan that appeared out of the blue, and disappeared out of the blue. What was his deal? It was confusing how clearly he talked, and said some random stuff about humans who invented the 3D gear and all of that. It intrigues me the most because it's the one thing I can't fit in anywhere. Like, a piece of a puzzle that doesn't go ANYWHERE. It's funny how all the other titans resemble humans, and the one who resembles a monkey appears to be the smartest. Heh. Talk about irony. I really have no theory about this one.

PS: New anime episode was AMAZING.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Empty Re: Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about?

Post by Irielo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:45 pm

I've voted for the titan's origins. My theory is that these are the result of an experiment which purpose was to control people: keeping them inside walls and making sure from time to time to reduce them in order to avoid food shortages for instance.

The titans outside maintain the fear in most of the people who won't dare to go beyond the wall. To me, there is something political behind it, let's see now.

Moreover if the titan's origins were revealed, that could answer the other questions of the list or give a better idea of what are the mysteries hiding behind these issues. Maybe this answer lies in Eren's house basement because his father knows and is definitely implicated in a lot of things regarding the whole titans' situation.

Last edited by Irielo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just wanted to add something)
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Empty Re: Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about?

Post by Strawberry on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:58 am

^ I agree, revealing the titan's origins will clear up so many things. Except for the monkey-like titan, which still seems unrelated to anything. xD

Eren's house basement is another mystery that should be revealed. It probably has to do with the human type titans like Eren. I'm thinking Grisha was part of an experiment to help humans fight titans, by making humans use titans powers, or at least that's what they told him. But when the titans he helped create destroyed wall Maria instead, killing his wife in the process, he decided to give Eren that power.

Just one of the many theories we can come up with. xD

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:11 am

The titans orgin, are that intruiging to me being that I was already starting figure out some things before I even got to the manga. (Haven't finished yet)
So, I don't see my choice but what I want to know... 

I want to know what are the titan's goal.
If they are what I think they are, then what is their goal?
We know what they are after as of right now, but what is their goal all together?
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 am

^ Very true. The titans don't need to eat, yet their sole purpose is to devour humans. Why is this? Wherever they came from, or whoever created them, there could be a reason for their existence that's not necessarily humanity's annihilation. What if all titans were formerly humans, and they became titans because it's some sort of disease? o-o LOL, crazy theory.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:38 pm

^
One f-cked up disease. Hope I never get it. XD

I think the government created them, In hopes of using them for whatever, but the titans resisted and held a grudge agaisnt their government, and humans all together.

Im most likely somewhat around it, I guess.Titans had to have been created by someone.
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 am

^ LOL! Yeah, it wasn't really a theory, as much as it was a reference to The Walking Dead. xD

That is a possibility, that someone created them and then it got out of hand. I do believe though, that all the titans could be former humans. Because of Ymir, and because of what the giant monkey-like titan said. "Does that mean you know what's inside the nape of our necks?", or something like that. What else could they have there, other than... humans?

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 am

^That makes sense. The only problem is that some seem to have no intelligence at all but only instincts. The ones considered as "deviant" are actually more developed than the rest and this monkey type...

That could be the creator himself...

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:51 am

^
Spoiler:
Yup, their levels of intelligence is something that didn't add up, but that's where Ymir comes to play. It seems like she was a titan just like all other titans. Mindless, and she even devoured Reiner and Berthold's friend. Also, what Reiner said here:
Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? Reiner10

"...she was finally able to become human again...". It could be the same case with all the titans, who can't turn back into humans for some reason.

Last edited by Strawberry on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm

YOU SPOILING  IT FOR ME,STRAWBERRY!!Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? 3623970685
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 pm

^ I'm so sorry! I was just re-reading some chapters and I got carried away. D: I'll make sure to spoiler tag properly from now on.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Lol. Its fine.
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Something else: why did Annie avoid to kill Armin when she was in her titan form? Could it be that a kind of "Crysta/Historia" story hides behind him, something that himself might not know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 am

^ Well, I thought she was just fond of him. But who knows. o:

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:10 pm

We were discussing about Grisha in the predictions thread but because Grisha's whereabouts is one of the several mysteries inside this story, I wanted to write this crazy theory of mine about him.

Could it be that Grisha is now in Annie, Berthold and Reiner's hometown? Grisha could be the one who gave them the mission to take Eren. If he is able to inject a serum which allows someone to become a titan, then he knows more about them than the Scout Legion itself which tries to make experiments on captured titans in order to discover something regarding their nature.

I could imagine that Annie and the others were the subjects of a kind of experiment which turned bad. Grisha might have been the one who led those experiments but because shit happened, they were forced to stop and were even abandoned. In fact these experiments were secretly sponsored by the authorities themselves with a purpose which is still not clear.

The situation went out of control and that's why the authorities stopped everything and forgot about the people like Annie etc. Grisha thus could not leave what he started and went back to this place where these experiments started: Annie, Berthold and Reiner's hometown. Now he is trying to deal with the consequences of the failed experiments and his son might have an important role to bring things back to order.

I came up with this theory but I'm sure there is something else behind the whole thing because this manga does not stop to surprise me.

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:39 pm

^ I have a question
you said if grisha is the one who gave annie, berthold and reiner's home, eren's dad did the same thing, one thing came to my mind. what if grisha is eren's dad who transformed into a titan?

Which of the "mysteries" are you most intrigued about? 528746348
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:33 am

^ Hmm? Grisha Jaeger is Eren's father's name, so yeah, Grisha is Eren's father. Or did you mean to ask something else?

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:46 am

Strawberry wrote:^ Hmm? Grisha Jaeger is Eren's father's name, so yeah, Grisha is Eren's father. Or did you mean to ask something else?
yes i meant to ask something else what if the monkey looking titan grisha is actually eren's dad?

lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 am

lily567 wrote:
Strawberry wrote:^ Hmm? Grisha Jaeger is Eren's father's name, so yeah, Grisha is Eren's father. Or did you mean to ask something else?
yes i meant to ask something else what if the monkey looking titan grisha is actually eren's dad?
You know, yesterday I was joking about that in the chapter 50 discussion, what if Girisha, Eren's father was the monkey-type titan... Anyway that would make sense if he could transform into a titan because he injected this serum into Eren's body. And I just wanted to know what do you think about this theory I've written above, if that makes some sense or not...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:15 am

Irielo wrote:
lily567 wrote:
You know, yesterday I was joking about that in the chapter 50 discussion, what if Girisha, Eren's father was the monkey-type titan... Anyway that would make sense if he could transform into a titan because he injected this serum into Eren's body. And I just wanted to know what do you think about this theory I've written above, if that makes some sense or not...
yea it does and it is interesting
umm eren's dad was known as a medical doctor(treating cuts and wounds) but what if outside that job he was trying to work on the fail experiment along with when he is at home and everyone is busy, he will continue his studies in his basement
he told his wife,eren and mikasa that he is going outside the walls to treat the wounds of the injured or something like that.. I though that was what he was doing but if that has been his cover , then it will explain why eren had a flashback of his dad injecting him with a serum

lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:00 am

lily567 wrote:yes i meant to ask something else what if the monkey looking titan grisha is actually eren's dad?
Oh xD Well, the monkey-like titan is not named Grisha, which is why your post kinda confused me. But anyway, I believe Eren's father could be a shape-shifting titan as well, but he can't be the monkey titan. Because the monkey titan didn't seem to know about the 3D maneuver gear, and it even took Mike's with it to analyze it. But Grisha knew the soldiers, so he definitely should've known about the 3D maneuver gear and its functions.

Irielo wrote:You know, yesterday I was joking about that in the chapter 50 discussion, what if Girisha, Eren's father was the monkey-type titan... Anyway that would make sense if he could transform into a titan because he injected this serum into Eren's body. And I just wanted to know what do you think about this theory I've written above, if that makes some sense or not...
I think your theory is interesting, and I agree to some extent with it because I believe Grisha will have a huge role as the series progresses, and he definitely could be behind the titans experiments, his location could be their hometown, and such. However, I really doubt that he told Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt to kidnap Eren, because they stopped their assault in Wall Rose mid-way when they found out about Eren. They didn't seem to know about him beforehand, and nobody told them to stop the assault, they decided that by themselves. Of course, they should've gone back to whoever they're working for and confirm they did correct, but they seemed too shocked by Eren's appearance to be working for his dad. I think Grisha could've known who has behind the assault in Wall Maria, and known about their objective to exterminate human-kind, which is why he gave Eren that power, to give humanity a chance to fight back. It just wouldn't fit, in my opinion, if he gave humanity that hope only to take it back.

Also, they don't seem to be failed experiments, they seem to have mastered their shape-shifting abilities quite well. But still! I really liked your theory because you included Grisha, and I agree he will definitely be important later on.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:45 am

Strawberry wrote:
lily567 wrote:yes i meant to ask something else what if the monkey looking titan grisha is actually eren's dad?
Oh xD Well, the monkey-like titan is not named Grisha, which is why your post kinda confused me. But anyway, I believe Eren's father could be a shape-shifting titan as well, but he can't be the monkey titan. Because the monkey titan didn't seem to know about the 3D maneuver gear, and it even took Mike's with it to analyze it. But Grisha knew the soldiers, so he definitely should've known about the 3D maneuver gear and its functions.

oops mybad I thought the monkey titan's name was grisha

Irielo wrote:You know, yesterday I was joking about that in the chapter 50 discussion, what if Girisha, Eren's father was the monkey-type titan... Anyway that would make sense if he could transform into a titan because he injected this serum into Eren's body. And I just wanted to know what do you think about this theory I've written above, if that makes some sense or not...
I think your theory is interesting, and I agree to some extent with it because I believe Grisha will have a huge role as the series progresses, and he definitely could be behind the titans experiments, his location could be their hometown, and such. However, I really doubt that he told Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt to kidnap Eren, because they stopped their assault in Wall Rose mid-way when they found out about Eren. They didn't seem to know about him beforehand, and nobody told them to stop the assault, they decided that by themselves. Of course, they should've gone back to whoever they're working for and confirm they did correct, but they seemed too shocked by Eren's appearance to be working for his dad. I think Grisha could've known who has behind the assault in Wall Maria, and known about their objective to exterminate human-kind, which is why he gave Eren that power, to give humanity a chance to fight back. It just wouldn't fit, in my opinion, if he gave humanity that hope only to take it back.

Also, they don't seem to be failed experiments, they seem to have mastered their shape-shifting abilities quite well. But still! I really liked your theory because you included Grisha, and I agree he will definitely be important later on.

lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 am

@ Strawberry I think your points make really sense.. maybe I should re-read the whole to come up with something else... Regarding the failed experiments, I don't know if the likes like Annie etc. had full control over their titan when they started to transform.

At this point of the story, there is no doubt that they are expert in controlling their titan body. I just remembered about Eren who could have killed Mikasa when he had to bring that rock to block the hole in the wall.

Anyway, it seems that there is a kind of hierarchy between the titans and that's something I'd like to know more about: the normal titans, the deviants and the special ones among them like the monkey type or even Berthold, Annie, Reiner, Ymir and Eren.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum