Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Too much parallels kill the pairings

Go down

Too much parallels kill the pairings

Post by Irielo on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:59 am

I mean, every pairing has its own story and its own development. There can be some similarities between them but there are also differences which make each of them unique.

To rely on parallels to support NaruHina for instance is a way to get trapped into the same way of thinking of some NS... And parallels are always easy to be found everywhere but that does not mean they are reliable. Tons of parallels don't match with the quality of a NaruHina moment and should not be used to see a NaruHina moment everywhere when there is none actually.

That's my opinion. What about yours?
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Re: Too much parallels kill the pairings

Post by GreatKungLao on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 am

I think parallels kills unqieness of pairing. NaruHina is a unique pairing in every and each way possible.

I find myself ok, when pairing is paralleled with other pairing, that is absolutely from other universe, like I paralle NaruHina to Clois (Clark and Lois) or ObiRin to Anakin and Padme. But when you parallel pairing from the same world it's not ok, it makes pairing repeatative.
GreatKungLao

Back to top Go down

Post by uzzyman95 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

But given the nature of most of the pairings in Naruto, alot of them have some similarities.

uzzyman95

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Glory on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:13 am

I wouldn't say that too much parallels kill the pairings it's more about the way those parallels are overused that kill the pairings.
Haru Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:36 am

J Ken wrote:I wouldn't say that too much parallels kill the pairings it's more about the way those parallels are overused that kill the pairings.
In every couple, one can find similarities and differences and that is what I like. When one focuses only on similarities and build parallels out of them, it kills what makes a pairing unique. And often what makes it unique are these differences. Btw, you have rightly pointed out that parallels are unfortunately "overused" and that can spoil what makes a couple special.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Glory on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:04 am

Irielo wrote:
J Ken wrote:I wouldn't say that too much parallels kill the pairings it's more about the way those parallels are overused that kill the pairings.
In every couple, one can find similarities and differences and that is what I like. When one focuses only on similarities and build parallels out of them, it kills what makes a pairing unique. And often what makes it unique are these differences. Btw, you have rightly pointed out that parallels are unfortunately "overused" and that can spoil what makes a couple special.
Interestingly NaruHina is special in regards that Hinata has no generational counterparts like how Naruto had Obito and Jiraiya. Those two had terrible love lives and paralleling their failed love attempts to NaruSaku hurts them more then it helps. NaruSaku becoming canon itself just kills those comparisons they try so hard to use.
Haru Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:10 am

^ The thing is that the argument of the new generation will surpass the former one is wrongly used imo. Jiraiya could not get Tsunade, so Naruto "will get what he wants: Sakura".

If it assumes that Naruto is in love with Sakura, then I could understand this parallel. But Naruto had a crush for her and he likes her like a friend or like a sister.

And Naruto imo already surpassed Jiraiya in skills but to bring peace is still a challenge for him. If he accomplished that, then he would definitely surpass his master.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Glory on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:24 am

^ In a way NS is trying to burden both Naruto and Sakura with the failed relationships of the past in an attempt to force to them into ending up together.

Naruto did surpass Jiraiya in a lot of things but expecting him to "surpass" Jiraiya by trying to take Sakura away from the one she truly loves is ridiculous. With Jiraiya we never knew if he actually loved Tsunade like how Sakura felt about Sasuke or if it was just a attraction like how Naruto had for Sakura.
Haru Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:35 am

J Ken wrote:^ In a way NS is trying to burden both Naruto and Sakura with the failed relationships of the past in an attempt to force to them into ending up together.

Naruto did surpass Jiraiya in a lot of things but expecting him to "surpass" Jiraiya by trying to take Sakura away from the one she truly loves is ridiculous. With Jiraiya we never knew if he actually loved Tsunade like how Sakura felt about Sasuke or if it was just a attraction like how Naruto had for Sakura.
I think Jiraiya really loved Tsunade. During their last talk, he suggested that imo. Anyway, this parallel does not stand at all.

Team 7= Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto / Team Sarutobi= Orochimaru, Tsunade, Jiraiya

Sakura loves Sasuke and Tsunade loved Dan who was not in the same team. So, there is already a difference here that kill any parallel in that issue. The only thing is that each member of Team 7 followed one of the legendary Sannin but that does not mean that their love stories will be the same as I tried to point it out with DanTsu.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Glory on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:43 am

Irielo wrote:
J Ken wrote:^ In a way NS is trying to burden both Naruto and Sakura with the failed relationships of the past in an attempt to force to them into ending up together.

I think Jiraiya really loved Tsunade. During their last talk, he suggested that imo. Anyway, this parallel does not stand at all.

Team 7= Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto /  Team Sarutobi= Orochimaru, Tsunade, Jiraiya

Sakura loves Sasuke and Tsunade loved Dan who was not in the same team. So, there is already a difference here that kill any parallel in that issue. The only thing is that each member of Team 7 followed one of the legendary Sannin but that does not mean that their love stories will be the same as I tried to point it out with DanTsu.
That's true. Even trying to use DanTsu for NaruSaku fails considering from what we know about Dan he was a calm and cool guy nothing like how Naruto is with everyone aside from a few people which doesn't even include Sakura.

It's an insult to their own pairing trying to use the love stories of others and the interference from third parties as a reason to why they will prevail.
Haru Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:57 am

J Ken wrote:That's true. Even trying to use DanTsu for NaruSaku fails considering from what we know about Dan he was a calm and cool guy nothing like how Naruto is with everyone aside from a few people which doesn't even include Sakura.

It's an insult to their own pairing trying to use the love stories of others and the interference from third parties as a reason to why they will prevail.
Please try to avoid "they", use "it" instead. Yes if it feels more confident by using other pairings to justify itself then let it be... I'm proud that NaruHina can stand on its own without all of these //.
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Glory on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 am

^ I agree. The way "it" drags down anything that isn't their OTP is the only real annoyance I have, though it's only from the hardcore ones.

It helps that NaruHina has no counterparts from the other generations. :)
Haru Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by bricksquad88 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:37 pm

If a pairing is no poorly developed that it has to rely SOLELY on parallels, then I have no further comment. However, properly used a parallel plus character interaction plus romantic development could equal a properly developed pairing. Parallels have their place in any good story and they can further a story and show how a character has advanced; if used properly. But if a parallel is seen improperly by the reader or used poorly/vaguely by the author, it can make things much more difficult for the reader/author. In my opinion.
bricksquad88

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Glory on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:22 am

^ Agreed. The funny thing is that NaruSaku's comparisons are with pairings that never even became canon.

The MinaKushi parallel is inaccurate since aside from it being a shallow parallel we have no idea how Kushina treated Minato because had he been a smart-ally who constantly had a sharp tongue and Kushina attacked him for it they would have some grounds. But even then it would still be a parallel between the negative traits of both of the supposed counterparts.
Haru Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum