Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues...

+6
Batokusanagi
itachi75
racefan1992
SenpaiSamaSan
Irielo
engetsu
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues... Empty Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues...

Post by engetsu Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:37 am

I've wondered if Kishi could (or rather should) continue this series following the completion of the 4th Shinobi world war Arc. And if he did decide to do so, how Naruhina (should it indeed become canon) would fit into this series going forward.

I know a lot of people are eagerly awaiting the finale of Naruto, but what do you say? Should Naruto continue past this arc? I think it leaves some interesting opportunities for NaruHina if we does decide to go forward? What do you say?
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues... Empty Re: Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues...

Post by Irielo Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:59 am

Why not? To repeat myself, to bring peace is a day to day challenge and I don't think that everybody will be satisfied at the end of the war. Moreover, there might have been rogue ninjas who have not participated to the war and who have organized themselves in gangs...

As far as NaruHina is concerned, I could imagine missions where both of them are sent together on special missions as Jounin. Naruto does not need to become Hokage right after the war. There is the possibility that if he's the reincarnation of the Sage, that he travels around to bring his idea of peace, of course with Hinata.

The problem then could be: how will the Hyuuga clan react if she is the heiress of the clan? Will they let her go like that? Such problematics could come into play.

Spoiler:
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues... Empty Re: Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues...

Post by SenpaiSamaSan Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am

The difficult thing about a continuation of the series after this arc is finding a compelling villain to provide the central conflict of future story arcs and as of rigt now Sasuke and Oro are the only ones who fit the bill. Maybe Sasuke's plan to eliminate the bijuus manages to convince the daimyo's of the smaller countries tired of the power the five great countries have over the rest. If you think about it, more than half of the Five Great Nations military power has been wiped out, making it possible for smaller countries to actually pose a threat to the bigger villages. It would be a real Ninja vs. Ninja war were intelligence, counter-intelligence deception and all that cool sneaky ninja stuff would be required to fight this war.

Naruto's goal throughout all this chaos would be to find a way to peace that does not resort to violence. There would still be cool battles, assassination attempts and all that jazz in the meantime though 'cause it's awesome shonen stuff that needs to happen. Hinata would have some political power to help him through these issues as well as being there as support and comfort during these trying times. I would think the experience of dealing with the schism that exists between the Main and Branch houses of Hyuuga could be important to finding a way towards peace diplomatically.
SenpaiSamaSan
SenpaiSamaSan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:08 am

SenpaiSamaSan wrote:The difficult thing about a continuation of the series after this arc is finding a compelling villain to provide the central conflict of future story arcs and as of rigt now Sasuke and Oro are the only ones who fit the bill. Maybe Sasuke's plan to eliminate the bijuus manages to convince the daimyo's of the smaller countries tired of the power the five great countries have over the rest. If you think about it, more than half of the Five Great Nations military power has been wiped out, making it possible for smaller countries to actually pose a threat to the bigger villages. It would be a real Ninja vs. Ninja war were intelligence, counter-intelligence deception and all that cool sneaky ninja stuff would be required to fight this war.

Naruto's goal throughout all this chaos would be to find a way to peace that does not resort to violence. There would still be cool battles, assassination attempts and all that jazz in the meantime though 'cause it's awesome shonen stuff that needs to happen. Hinata would have some political power to help him through these issues as well as being there as support and comfort during these trying times. I would think the experience of dealing with the schism that exists between the Main and Branch houses of Hyuuga could be important to finding a way towards peace diplomatically.

I find interesting what you wrote. So do you think that the manga would give a bit more importance to the political issues in a kind of cold war atmosphere?
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 am

I heard Kishi was trying to work on another manga after Naruto was done.

But going by the pace he is setting recently, it wouldn't suprise me if it ended this year.

However, if it ends this year, expect one (i hope) one huge last databook (kind of like Hyrule Historia for the Legend of Zelda series) that'll explain everything about the series as a whole.

Of course, this is just a theory on my part.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by SenpaiSamaSan Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:42 am

@Irielo
Yes, well, if I were Kishi I would.
A cold war scenario is exactly what I envisioned, and it wouldn't be the first time the Cold War was used as a reference point for the manga. Pain's plan for world peace was basically to hold all people in fear of what is the equivalent of Nuclear destruction in this 'verse to enforce peace. Hashirama's repartition of the Bijuu was pretty much used as a system to check every major power against each other, similar to the premise of MAD or Mutually Assured Destruction and Sasuke's plan to destroy the Bijuu is basically a form of Nuclear Disarmament. I don't know if the manga will continue, but if it does I would bet on something like this to occur, I don't think it's a coincidence that nuclear imagery seems to happen a lot when it comes to the bijuu (Naruto gets angry at Pain and Kyuubi chakra explodes into a mushroom cloud, Juubi's Tenpenchii attack also a mushroom cloud) even the treatment of Jinchuuriki is similar to the way the "hibakusha" or people affected from the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were discriminated against and shunned by the rest of society.

The possibility to create a tense political scenario is there, Sasuke's defection and the truth of the Uchiha massacre should be brought up at least.
SenpaiSamaSan
SenpaiSamaSan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 am

SenpaiSamaSan wrote:@Irielo
Yes, well, if I were Kishi I would.
A cold war scenario is exactly what I envisioned, and it wouldn't be the first time the Cold War was used as a reference point for the manga. Pain's plan for world peace was basically to hold all people in fear of what is the equivalent of Nuclear destruction in this 'verse to enforce peace. Hashirama's repartition of the Bijuu was pretty much used as a system to check every major power against each other, similar to the premise of MAD or Mutually Assured Destruction and Sasuke's plan to destroy the Bijuu is basically a form of Nuclear Disarmament. I don't know if the manga will continue, but if it does I would bet on something like this to occur, I don't think it's a coincidence that nuclear imagery seems to happen a lot when it comes to the bijuu (Naruto gets angry at Pain and Kyuubi chakra explodes into a mushroom cloud, Juubi's Tenpenchii attack also a mushroom cloud) even the treatment of Jinchuuriki is similar to the way the "hibakusha" or people affected from the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were discriminated against and shunned by the rest of society.

The possibility to create a tense political scenario is there, Sasuke's defection and the truth of the Uchiha massacre should be brought up at least.

Thank you a lot for this clear explanation and interpretation. That is food for thought as well.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi75 Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:49 am

possibly we can get a time-skip?
-
Naruto leaving the village saying he wants to explore outside the 4 great nations and go alone, ebcause the villages fear him because of the power he has, they love him, but they also are afriad beucase he most likely soloed the juubi. (depending on the ending)
-
naruto will probably leave and as he is leaving Hinata will say she is coming and she wont' take nah for an answer(Little kuriboh ftw :) )
-
Naruto will allow her to come and the third series will be him exploring far off lands with Hinata, and eventually returning to the villages to warn them of a new threat.
-
basically a dozen or so episodes of finding out about a new evil that exists outside of the villages and then the rest of the series preparing to face said evil
itachi75

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 pm

SenpaiSamaSan wrote:The difficult thing about a continuation of the series after this arc is finding a compelling villain to provide the central conflict of future story arcs and as of rigt now Sasuke and Oro are the only ones who fit the bill. Maybe Sasuke's plan to eliminate the bijuus manages to convince the daimyo's of the smaller countries tired of the power the five great countries have over the rest. If you think about it, more than half of the Five Great Nations military power has been wiped out, making it possible for smaller countries to actually pose a threat to the bigger villages. It would be a real Ninja vs. Ninja war were intelligence, counter-intelligence deception and all that cool sneaky ninja stuff would be required to fight this war.

I think it's well worth noting that even if Naruto and the gang are successful in stopping Jubbito and Madara, Naruto will still not have fulfilled his promise to Nagato that he'll bring an end to the cycle of hatred. While defeating the current enemies is great and all, once the war is over the system will go back to the way it was before, it won't suddenly break the cycle of hatred just because they iced a couple of angry people who come knocking.

I think this is more important than most people think, ending the cycle of hatred has been a central part of this manga for a very long time and has been the life's work of many important characters. For that reason, the conclusion of the 4th shinobi world war will either:

A -not be the end of the conflict, as Naruto does indeed realize the system will continue to perpetrate events that lead to hatred in the world thus creating more Pain, Obitos....etc...this would be the obvious way to me how to continue the manga

B -something absolutely massive has to occur between now and the end of the 4th shinobi world war that causes everyone to totally rethink the system, ending the cycle, the only thing I see being important enough to cause this would be death(s) of people including Naruto, the Kages, the Konoha 11 in general

I'm torn right now as to which is more likely, but seeing as though option A leaves for room for Naruhina development, I'm rooting for A
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 pm

I don't think the series will continue after the war. Maybe a few chapters to wrap things up and that's it. I don't see anyone else living up to Madara, Obito and the Juubi.
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:00 pm

I could maybe see another time skip and there is always the possibility to deal with Orochimaru too.
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm not a big fan of endings (i hate them really). So i would of course like it if a good series like this continued, however i wouldn't want it to be strained or forced. It would have to fit and make sense as well as continue to be as interesting as before.

I can see it coming to an end after the war and like Batokusanagi said before me we will have a couple of chapters (or like an ending arc) to wrap up everything. Though i will go into my post anime/manga series depression, i would be ok with this ending.

That being said, i don't believe true peace will automatically be obtained after the war. There will certainly be less friction between the villages, but that true over all peace...nope. So imo if done correctly there is space for continuity and we can keep our fingers crossed lol, maybe we might even have another time skip.

If in fact Kishi continues after the war and NaruHina is canon by then (which i'm really hoping for) due to the nature of the manga i don't think we'll get much more (on paper) than them being closer, working together more often and maybe even some flirting here and there.

As for the next villain, i can't really think of one besting the Madara and Juubito line up we have right now, but who knows? before Sasuke came back i was thinking there could be another arc after the war dealing with finishing off the issue of Sasuke, with their battle being the final one, but i'm glad he's back now and hopefully he's staying. Orochimaru is still around but he would need a serious power up imo to come again as the main villain. Naruto could go travelling spreading the peace with Hinata but i like having the other characters around so i'm not sure how this would work out.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:33 am

Lickstermik wrote:I'm not a big fan of endings (i hate them really). So i would of course like it if a good series like this continued, however i wouldn't want it to be strained or forced. It would have to fit and make sense as well as continue to be as interesting as before.

I can see it coming to an end after the war and like Batokusanagi said before me we will have a couple of chapters (or like an ending arc) to wrap up everything. Though i will go into my post anime/manga series depression, i would be ok with this ending.

That being said, i don't believe true peace will automatically be obtained after the war. There will certainly be less friction between the villages, but that true over all peace...nope. So imo if done correctly there is space for continuity and we can keep our fingers crossed lol, maybe we might even have another time skip.

If in fact Kishi continues after the war and NaruHina is canon by then (which i'm really hoping for) due to the nature of the manga i don't think we'll get much more (on paper) than them being closer, working together more often and maybe even some flirting here and there.

As for the next villain, i can't really think of one besting the Madara and Juubito line up we have right now, but who knows? before Sasuke came back i was thinking there could be another arc after the war dealing with finishing off the issue of Sasuke, with their battle being the final one, but i'm glad he's back now and hopefully he's staying. Orochimaru is still around but he would need a serious power up imo to come again as the main villain. Naruto could go travelling spreading the peace with Hinata but i like having the other characters around so i'm not sure how this would work out.

Seeing as though you brought up the Sasuke issue, something happened in Ch. 639 which was released today (which I'm about to go into so SPOILER AHEAD, WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) that actually pertains to that issue.

(AGAIN SPOILER for 639)

At one point where Naruto is being attacked by Juubito, Sasuke quickly reacts to protect naruto, but immediately states that HE will be the one to erase the past (followed by a frame with naruto's face in the team 7 picture is being sliced in half) this obviously means that Sasuke hasn't put their past behind him and probably means to kill Naruto as he previously stated.

This obviously leaves things open for more conflict even after the Madara and Juubito issue is resolved, whether it will be done away quickly or lead to another arc in itself post war, is up in the air, but the possibility is now there.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:49 am

^I agree on that engetsu. The Sasuke's issue could be used as basis if the series continue.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:57 am

Irielo wrote:^I agree on that engetsu. The Sasuke's issue could be used as basis if the series continue.

It's interesting to think about, because the first question people ask when you propose continuing the series is what villain could top Madara and Juubito?

Sasuke is that villain.

While he may not have the sheer destructive force of Juubito, I think Naruto facing his own demons in dealing with Sasuke (who obviously still wants him dead) is just as interesting if not more so than just pulling another all powerful villain out of thin air.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:38 am

engetsu wrote:
Irielo wrote:^I agree on that engetsu. The Sasuke's issue could be used as basis if the series continue.

It's interesting to think about, because the first question people ask when you propose continuing the series is what villain could top Madara and Juubito?

Sasuke is that villain.

While he may not have the sheer destructive force of Juubito, I think Naruto facing his own demons in dealing with Sasuke (who obviously still wants him dead) is just as interesting if not more so than just pulling another all powerful villain out of thin air.

I like the way SenpaiSamaSan presented the future problematics regarding the bijuus' issue and Sasuke's idea of peace.
Like you meant, how is Naruto going to react. He was ready to die with Sasuke in the case they would fight again. But now he has realized that his life is not his (just paraphrasing).

Naruto would have to assume his responsibilities after the war and this brother-brother thing with Sasuke might become something of the past. Things change...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:11 am

@engetsu

yup saw it and shortly after making that post lol i was like well there you go lol

and i completely agree that Sasuke would be able to fit that position. SO who knows we might very well get another arc dealing with that. Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues... 3725747089 

It'd also be interesting if NH became canon before or in this arc and we can see Hinata helping Naruto (like she does) with his mental preparation before confronting Sasuke
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:22 am

Lickstermik wrote:@engetsu

yup saw it and shortly after making that post lol i was like well there you go lol

and i completely agree that Sasuke would be able to fit that position. SO who knows we might very well get another arc dealing with that. Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues... 3725747089 

It'd also be interesting if NH became canon before or in this arc and we can see Hinata helping Naruto (like she does) with his mental preparation before confronting Sasuke

ill tell you what, we sure as hell won't see Sakura psyching up naruto to go and kill sauce-kay
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:40 am

I'll repeat myself about Sakura. I think she will still love Sasuke but she is not blind. If he tries to kill Naruto, she won't approve and she is not going to team up with him. Regarding the whole situation, after the war, Naruto could be used as a kind of diplomatic agent if any conflicts appear... Of course, there would be always people who would try to kill him and probably, Sasuke would become the main threat.

So I can imagine we would see Naruto more on the international relations level whereas Hinata would have to deal with internal issues. She will probably want to bring some changes inside the Hyuuga clan.

Both, Naruto and Hinata would help each other. Naruto would motivate Hinata in her actions in the Hyuuga clan and I can imagine Hinata advising Naruto regarding these diplomatic matters.

But one thing, I would really like to see NaruHina happen either during or after the war. If it has to last and to last again, it might become boring at the end of the day.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:04 am

engetsu wrote:
Lickstermik wrote:@engetsu

ill tell you what, we sure as hell won't see Sakura psyching up naruto to go and kill sauce-kay

lol definitely not...but even if it doesn't get around to him having to kill him. I picture something like Naruto getting a bit depressed thinking that killing him may ultimately be the only choice and we can have another proud failure type moment (only they're together now), where she tells him that if anyone can bring Sasuke back it would have to be him and that whatever happens she will be there to support him through it all.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 am

Sorry, just one question. We were discussing in another thread before we came to this one and the issue was about Kishi's prolonged contract.
I'm only trying to imagine a continuation on several arcs.

Maybe I'm wrong. So, according to you people, there would be only one arc after the war if it has to continue because, to be honest, I was already beginning to think about the next generation too.

Like from Dragonball to Dragonball Z if you see what I mean.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:32 am

Irielo wrote:I'll repeat myself about Sakura. I think she will still love Sasuke but she is not blind. If he tries to kill Naruto, she won't approve and she is not going to team up with him. Regarding the whole situation, after the war, Naruto could be used as a kind of diplomatic agent if any conflicts appear... Of course, there would be always people who would try to kill him and probably, Sasuke would become the main threat.

So I can imagine we would see Naruto more on the international relations level whereas Hinata would have to deal with internal issues. She will probably want to bring some changes inside  the Hyuuga clan.

Both, Naruto and Hinata would help each other. Naruto would motivate Hinata in her actions in the Hyuuga clan and I can imagine Hinata advising Naruto regarding these diplomatic matters.

But one thing, I would really like to see NaruHina happen either during or after the war. If it has to last and to last again, it might become boring at the end of the day.

I like the idea of Hinata taking over the clan to make some much needed changes with the help of Naruto to help give her some nerve.

The first thing that comes to mind would to be stop the cursed seal that the branch family is subject to. Especially after Neji's death (not to mention his father too) I believe it would indeed be possible to undo that weird tradition.

But then again, we don't even know if Hinata is still indeed heiress. So there's that problem too.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by engetsu Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:39 am

Irielo wrote:Sorry, just one question. We were discussing in another thread before we came to this one and the issue was about Kishi's prolonged contract.
I'm only trying to imagine a continuation on several arcs.

Maybe I'm wrong. So, according to you people, there would be only one arc after the war if it has to continue because, to be honest, I was already beginning to think about the next generation too.

Like from Dragonball to Dragonball Z if you see what I mean.

From your mouth to God's ears, my friend.

To be honest it's hard to say at this point, even the talk about the prolonged contract is just hearsay. (but it's hard to imagine WSJ being okay with letting one of the big 3 just end without trying to entice Kishi into doing more, especially since I believe Tite Kubo has confirmed he is in Bleach's final Arc as well)

I don't think a next generation thing would be nearly as necessary though. To be honest the difference between DB and DBZ is pretty huge. The entire tone of the manga/anime got much darker in DBZ and introduced a slew of new characters. It marked a pretty huge departure from the happy go lucky goku in DB.

I think the current cast of characters and the overall universe in it's current state can handle a few arc's before tiring out anyway.
engetsu
engetsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:42 am

engetsu wrote:I like the idea of Hinata taking over the clan to make some much needed changes with the help of Naruto to help give her some nerve.

The first thing that comes to mind would to be stop the cursed seal that the branch family is subject to. Especially after Neji's death (not to mention his father too) I believe it would indeed be possible to undo that weird tradition.

But then again, we don't even know if Hinata is still indeed heiress. So there's that problem too.

That's kind of weird: Hiashi and Hizashi were twins. Hiashi was the heir of the Hyuuga clan, thus belonged to the main branch.
If Hinata was the heiress, how can Hanabi still does not have any cage bird seal? And if Hinata is no more the heiress, why does she not receive this seal? Will it become an issue too?

Who from the two sisters will be put in the main or the the branch family? That will surely bring an existential conflict in the Hyuuga clan.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:47 am

There is so many things I'm curious with when it comes to the Hyuuga. Sometimes I wish Hinata didn't have such a complex background. Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues... 1923359926
It leaves me wondering too much! Naruhina and it's potential role if the series continues... 3516892631

ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next