Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SasuHina, duck.

+12
Irielo
NekoKimio
Amoroq
Zori
Strawberry
Yamasaki Akaiko
eromreven
SenpaiSamaSan
Aelita
Twin Steps
kagome1991
ClassyLPS
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SasuHina, duck. Empty SasuHina, duck.

Post by ClassyLPS Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:42 am

Am I the only one that finds this pairing extremely interesting? ..and hot?

Lmao I'm kidding, but it is an interesting pairing. I personally like it, even though I know it's not going to happen, it's a fun pairing. They're very similar, they both came from clans, they both have daddy issues, they both have awesome eyes, they are both quiet, and they are both in love with Naruto! :D
Lol just kidding about that last one, but seriously, guys, this pairing is interesting as duck. Yes that's right, interesting as DUCK. >:U ..So? Don't hate on me bro.
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

SasuHina, duck. Empty Re: SasuHina, duck.

Post by kagome1991 Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 am

I know a long time ago when I started reading fanfiction, I kind of read some with SasuHina just to see how it was and I really liked them. They were really interesting and I agree, it was pretty hot ^^

Imagine that~ SasuHina, duck. 2271151913
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:52 am

All right! I already have Kagome on my side. Mwahaha. >:D
Lmao aside from if NaruHina didn't happen (which totally isn't likely.) and if I decided I wasn't going to ship NaruHina until I died. I would pair Hinata with Sasuke.
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 am

Yeah it really is an interesting pairing. Read some of those fanfics Classy on fanfiction.net. I think you'll like it ^^
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:03 am

Will do. Any particular fics you would suggest? :D
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:04 am

I hate SasuHina
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:11 am

^^^Care to share why? You don't have to, I don't care that much, but usually you have more than 3 words in your posts. xD
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 am

Well I don't any suggestions. i just read whatever seems interesting in the summary that is provided.
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:32 am

It's the fact that SH makes Sasuke seem like a "pretty boy" who's "oh-so gentle with the ladies" It makes him out to be a flirt in some ways... and apparitally he likes quite girls...because he can rape them
Though sometimes, he's also depicted as simply being a horny angsty boy who is craving for some titties.

And then Hinata is either depicted as moving on from Naruto either because he crushed her "feeble little heart", or he got with Sakura, or she "had enough of being ignored" All three of these just go against Hinata's CORE CHARACTER. That's the problem with it, it's not Hinata. It's just someone who's named Hinata. And then she magically falls in lub wit Sasuke-sama.

It's just annoying. It's just as bad as NS, because it ignores who the characters REALLY are, I don't care if it's crack or not.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:36 am

Ahh, I see, I see.. I know, it doesn't really work out at all, but I just think it's a fun pairing to see. I don't expect it to happen at all, it's always fun to have that one crazy pairing you like. ^.^
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:43 am

I like Sasuhina and the concepts behind it =)
Its my favorite crack pairing, they're just so seemingly wrong for each other but with so many similarities that its interesting thinking how a romantic advance from Sasuke or a relationship would work out.

Its funny TwinSteps, from your signature I figured you liked Sasuhina lol. It has ying yang symbolism between Sasuke and Hinata (light and purity vs darkness and cursed corruption) that many SH fans like.
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:34 am

Yeah SasuHina is one of my favorite crack pairings that I can tolerate.
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 am

Aelita wrote:I like Sasuhina and the concepts behind it =)
Its my favorite crack pairing, they're just so seemingly wrong for each other but with so many similarities that its interesting thinking how a romantic advance from Sasuke or a relationship would work out.

Its funny TwinSteps, from your signature I figured you liked Sasuhina lol. It has ying yang symbolism between Sasuke and Hinata (light and purity vs darkness and cursed corruption) that many SH fans like.

There's the problem. SasuHina isn't yin-yang, dark & Light, corruption & peace.

Sasuke isn't like that. If you'd pay attention, it seems clear that, much like Naruto, Sasuke took after his mother, Mikoto. Mikoto was said to be a gentle & kind hearted, but stern mother, who would sometimes lose her temper. Sasuke obviously got his hair & facial features from her, and, when looking at 8-year old Sasuke, he seems a lot like his mother.

That's why Sasuke isn't "evil, dark, corruption". He was bascially a male Hinata (kind hearted & gentle) when he was young, but then came along Itachi & mind-f*cked him.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:21 am

But the Sasuke that is active for most of the Naruto series is the Sasuke who was mindf*cked by Itachi (and its the Sasuke who would engage in a theoretical relationship with Hinata). No one would have guessed how kind a kid he was back in the day if it weren't for flashbacks of his childhood.
Sasuke did start out as a sweet innocent kid, but his personality forever changed due the trauma he endured watching his older brother, whom he had thought the world of, murder everyone he had ever loved.
When Sasuke was introduced he was portrayed as cold, distant, and stand-offish. When he and Naruto fought back in the academy he was portrayed as a young boy already consumed by hatred. It's not until a while on team seven that he begins to warm up to Naruto and Sakura and soften a bit. But even then, he ends up leaving the village to search for his goals in the darkness. Letting darkness consume him and allowing himself to be corrupted was a large theme for Sasuke's character for a long time.
Even now that Sasuke's on the good side, he still comes off as unfriendly, egoistical, stand-offish, and a bit of a jerk. So its not hard to see how people could view his current personality as opposite to Hinata's.
Even in AU fics, authors use the stand-offish personality Sasuke has been depicted of having for the majority of the series (well if its a good fic that is...)

If its not Sasuhina, what does your "Is this a gift?(Hinata) or a curse?(Sasuke)" sig mean anyway?
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by SenpaiSamaSan Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 am

... I think there is a misconception about the principles of Yin & Yang here.

Hinata fits Yin because Yin is female, passive gentle and mysterious.

Naruto fits Yang because Yang is active, passionate, strong and bright.

Sasuke fits neither and both. Sasuke is unbalanced and unharmonious, he clashes and goes against the grain.
Sasuke is portrayed as a Yin within the mangaverse but even like this he is also portrayed as an opposing force which doesn't fit the Yin and Yang principles.

You have to remember that in Taoism there is no good or bad but complementary forces working together to achieve harmony. There is no curse, corruption or evil within Yin, and Yang is not inherently good either.

Hinata's complementary Yin to Naruto and Sasuke's opposing Yin really don't fit well here.

That said, I don't ship SasuHina for basically the same reasons as Twin Steps, it's too OOC for both of them, I don't like how Hinata is portrayed in those stories either. Although I have to admit that once upon a time I did follow it. :P
SenpaiSamaSan
SenpaiSamaSan

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 am

I think the RTN versions of Sasuke and Hinata are a better pairing. Definitely a lot hotter.
eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelita Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 am

I see what your saying, but I meant the contrast in their character is what I find interesting in Sasuhina, I guess yin-yang was the wrong word for it heheh.

In my imagination it'd be a scenario where Sasuke would develop feelings for Hinata. He'd be attracted to her quiet nature and appreciate that she doesn't smother him like other girls do. But Hinata wouldn't be very interested in Sasuke at first. Not only because she has eyes for another, but she'd find his stand-offish personality scary and intimidating. She'd ironically be the only girl out of his reach. His personality would have a tendency to try and over-run hers but he'd have learn to restrain himself if he wanted it to work. Hinata would be hesitant at first, but would gradually warm up to him and either become attached or it'd remain onesided on Sasuke's part. In other fic scenarios they just remove Naruto from the equation (These are usually easier to read if you're a NH shipper lol). That's the fun of crack shipping, sure it'd never happen, and it doesn't always follow the canon plot line, but its fun to say "screw it!" to canon once in a while and think of how different character dynamics could work.

I like RTN Sasuhina too, such a hot pairing =) Shame we didn't get to see that much of the konoha 12 in RTN
Aelita
Aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by SenpaiSamaSan Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm

^ I thought of similar scenarios too back when it interested me, although it involved Hinata being Naruto's widow and a single mother.

Sasuke being ostracized by everyone in the village starts to befriend Hinata and Naruto's kid, begrudgingly of course, and through his interactions to the child he would start to develop a crush on Hinata. Hinata, meanwhile, is the only person who treats Sasuke as she would anyone and defends him politically, although she is only doing this because it's in her nature and because Naruto went through so much for Sasuke that abandoning Sasuke would be like abandoning Naruto's will. Sasuke misconstrues all this as Hinata falling for him and then... shit gets awkward.

I never really got beyond that, but if anyone wants to take the idea and write a story around it help yourselves. Anyone would do it better than I would anyway. :P

I don't mind crack pairings, I ship a couple in other fandoms, but once Hinata's feelings became clear, it became really hard for me to ship her with anyone else. That's just me though.

AU SasuHina is A-OK in my book too. XD
SenpaiSamaSan
SenpaiSamaSan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Yup, I love SasuHina. It's by far my favorite crack pairing involving either Hinata or Sasuke for that matter.

When it comes to crack pairings, it's all about the possibilities that arise from changes in the characters just as is the case with fan fiction.

I honestly don't read fan fiction for "it doesn't make sense in canon"-reasons. I wouldn't read any fan fiction if I had standards about things needing to make sense in canon. No fan fiction makes sense in canon no matter how "in character" it supposedly tries to make the characters. The only fan fictions that come close are ones (usually one-shots) that try to expand an event in canon to try to delve into thoughts that Kishimoto didn't give because he's drawing a manga and not writing a novel.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:06 am

^Agreed.

I actually quite like SasuHina. It's interesting to see, and I enjoy reading the fanfics. And the fan-art is amazing as well! It's the only crack pairing with either Hinata or Sasuke that I like.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:40 am

SasuHina, seems interesting and if Hinata was to end up with him than...meh.
I'm just meh towards most naruto pairings and the only one i seriously ship is NH. I use to ship SasuNaru, still do but i ship NH way harder ;)
Back on topic, SH wouldn't be much of a bad match up;
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by Amoroq Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:55 am

For me, SasuHina, comes off as hardly believable, even in an AU situation (even though I write AU fics, though I try to keep their characters intact). For me, even if Hinata were to meet Naruto and Sasuke under much different circumstances, I still believe that she would still fall for him over Sasuke regardless. Hinata's personality is complimented greatly by Naruto's and vice versa. If Naruto were to reject her in some sort of fashion, I feel that she would fall for someone else. Here's why, Sasuke is the type of person who can be very distant, cold, at times arrogant, and even cynical. That's current 'Sasuke'. Even if Sasuke were to be come happy go lucky like Naruto, it wouldn't be him, as TwoSteps said before, it's OoC. If anything, they could be friends.

IMHO, Sasuke does better with someone whose more brighter and cheerful: Sakura, Karin, or Ino. Those three can bring flesh out his personality more to make him shine better than what Hinata could. I don't believe Sakura tried to smother him, though in the earlier parts of the manga, she did. However, as time went on, Sakura's feelings for him were more genuine, just as Hinata was for Naruto. She tried being there for him, and tried to stop him, but regardless, he took off anyway. 

Sasuke and Hinata doesn't appeal to me at all, and with Sasuke going completely rampant in the manga, and then just all of a sudden switch back to 'Good', it left me bitter about him. If it shows that he just 'magically' switched like that after Hashi's story after all that he done, then whose to say he couldn't do it again. To me, I can't really picture Naruto and Hinata with anyone else other than each other, it's hard for me not to. Tbh, I kinda despise SasuHina, but to those that like it, then that's your opinion, and I respect ya for it. :D

Though I will admit, I'm guilty of crack pairing myself since I have acquired a liking towards Kakashi X Anko. XD

Though I do ask this of myself: What if Naruto went down the same path as Sasuke did? Would he be the same? Or would he differ? Sounds like an interesting topic. No?
Amoroq
Amoroq

Back to top Go down

Post by ClassyLPS Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 pm

As in whole family was murdered by bro, or left the village?
ClassyLPS
ClassyLPS

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:43 pm

...it's actually my favorite crack pairing. The fanart is to die for.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Amoroq Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:59 pm

^
^
As in, if he had let the hate from the villagers really get to him is what I meant.
Amoroq
Amoroq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next