Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion Empty Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion

Post by dovey on Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Come here to discuss about the Shingeki no Kyojin manga!

If you only watch the anime, please be aware that there will be spoilers in this thread!
dovey
dovey

Back to top Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion

Post by Yuri on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:21 am

Yes!!! Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion 3187358519

Ok, first thing, I gotta say that I'm head over heels in love with this manga! like, I caught up with it within 3 days and it got me totally addicted to it~

And it was soooo different that what I had expected it to be like. This manga is a masterpiece. The characters, the plot, the theme, every single thing in this manga is interesting, well-built and in some way realistic.

The characters aren't perfect, none of them is the typical Mary Sue. Eren, the main character, started out as someone with a strong conviction but when he is faced with reality he starts turning into a quiet person that is foremostly in the background. The only times for him to shine is when he is turned into a Titan.

Mikasa, she's a total piece of awesomeness. The strongest one in the 104th squad, she placed above 4 other Titans, no wonder Annie called her a monster. But oh no, she may seem perfect, but in fact she's not. She has a great flaw which is Eren. To me it seems as she's so attached to him that she has actually fallen in love with him. Eren causes her to act recklessly and has lead her almost to her death in countless occasions. I'm not interested in whether they will end up together or nor, but all I want to see is how Mikasa will deal with her obsession for Eren.

Armin, weak in strength but virtuous in mental capabilities. A crybaby at first but then he starts turning into a more brave person with leading capacities. A character to admire indeed.

Other side characters have their deserved screentime, like Annie, Ymir, Christa and Rivaille. Each and every one of them has such deep character development, it's interesting to see how they're going to survive. Their thoughts and their feelings are depicted so well, everything about it is perfect.

The plot is perfect, the mysteries, the many many many questions that I still have even after catching up.

The gore, the action, the helplessness of the situation, humanity's struggle to survive.

All in all, a perfect manga and it easily makes it into my top 3.

Yuri

Back to top Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion

Post by NekoKimio on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:26 am

THIS. I JUST. It's seriously the best right now, I love it.

NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Treble on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:13 pm

SASHA X BREAD
Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion Tumblr10
is canon
Treble
Treble

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 pm

^ LOL! She's quite the show. xD

I'm hooked! Really, this series is simply AMAZING. Both the anime and manga. I honestly caught up to both in no time.

My favorite character so far is Rivaille (for some reason they call him Levi in the anime). He's simply badass, I love the way he fights and his personality is quite amusing. xD

I really like the dynamic between all the characters. The series is not just centered around two or three characters, it actually involves a lot of characters most of the time, and that's what I like the most about it. And of course, badass females, especially Mikasa.

I love the plot twists. How friends become enemies, how there are a lot of secrets yet to be revealed and the search for the truth, how things take an unexpected turn... it really has me on edge all the time, and I love it.

So glad I decided to check out this amazing series.

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion 195309866 

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponyta on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:26 pm

It is a pretty amazing series. I was really surprised by how deep Rivaille voice was at first. But Hanji's voice was spot on.
. @ Tremble, I thought Sasha x Potato was cannon!!Seems like it's time for me to challenge you to a duel known as "shipping wars" Jkjk
It's not just the music to the anime that is amazing either, I'm in love with the animation to it.
I do enjoy the twist in character development. Can't wait to see how this will play out. The only down fall is that the anime will mostly like stop at like 24 or 26. We would probably have to wait a year or so to get the rest. ~Le sigh~
Ponyta
Ponyta

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 am

^ I love Rivaille's voice! It's so.. Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion 195309866 

And that is the one downfall the series has. D: The manga chapters are released monthly (which is probably why I could catch up so fast lol), so the anime will have to be on break for a while. T-T

Though I prefer it to be on break, rather than adding pointless fillers like with Naruto. :/

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Oh! I love Mikasa. She is amazingly strong and skilled and I like all the female characters in this manga. They are all very special. But I was a bit upset about Annie. She would have made a nice girlfriend for Eren imo...

Now the way it is, I can't predict because there are always new things coming up, surprises... Even to judge one or another character is difficult as long as the truth of the whole mystery behind what is happening is not discovered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satou on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:28 am

I love the manga and the anime and I really can't wait for chapter 49. I was also very shocked with Berthold and Rainer. Ymir was also very surprising.

I think Mikasa is also one of the humans who can transform into a titan.
Satou
Satou

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:31 am

Satou wrote:I love the manga and the anime and I really can't wait for chapter 49. I was also very shocked with Berthold and Rainer. Ymir was also very surprising.

I think Mikasa is also one of the humans who can transform into a titan.
Do you think she already can or there is a possibility in the future for her to have this ability/curse?
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Satou on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:38 am

I don't think she can do it now but in the future when she comes to know like Eren.
Satou
Satou

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:41 am

Satou wrote:I don't think she can do it now but in the future when she comes to know like Eren.
To tell you the truth, I would not like it for Mikasa because she is strong enough like she is and she can deal with the titans as she is properly. If everyone has to become titan, that would be kind of weird and unbalanced imo but who knows? A lot of things still can happen.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Satou on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:17 am

I don't like that idea either, I think it is a possibility because she complains to have headache. Eren's father might have done something with her like he did with Eren. It's only a speculation.

Why I also think it's possible is because of the order in the 2nd Ending. She isn't next to Eren like usual if you look left to right she is next to Rainer, Berthold, Annie and then Eren. The ones who can transform into a Titan are on the left side.

However, Ymir isn't with them. So, I am not 100% so sure about this theory.
Satou
Satou

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:50 am

Satou wrote:I don't like that idea either, I think it is a possibility because she complains to have headache. Eren's father might have done something with her like he did with Eren. It's only a speculation.

Why I also think it's possible is because of the order in the 2nd Ending. She isn't next to Eren like usual if you look left to right she is next to Rainer, Berthold, Annie and then Eren. The ones who can transform into a Titan are on the left side.

However, Ymir isn't with them. So, I am not 100% so sure about this theory.
These are interesting observations. The future might tell us if they were only speculations.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:04 am

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if anyone else could turn into a titan. It even seems like Connie's mother turned into a titan as well, just not one like Eren. Makes me think, maybe all of those titans that "entered" Wall Rose without it even being breached didn't actually come from outside the wall, but were humans who turned into titans instead. I do wonder why IF other humans can turn into titans, why don't they seem to posses intelligence on the level Annie, Eren and the others show to have. Though Connie's mother did tell him "Welcome home" when she saw him... Gah! It's so confusing! So many theories and possibilities! I love this series! >.<

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:09 am

Strawberry wrote:At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if anyone else could turn into a titan. It even seems like Connie's mother turned into a titan as well, just not one like Eren. Makes me think, maybe all of those titans that "entered" Wall Rose without it even being breached didn't actually come from outside the wall, but were humans who turned into titans instead. I do wonder why IF other humans can turn into titans, why don't they seem to posses intelligence on the level Annie, Eren and the others show to have. Though Connie's mother did tell him "Welcome home" when she saw him... Gah! It's so confusing! So many theories and possibilities! I love this series! >.<
Yeah really, it's too good. But I would not like Mikasa as titan. She is strong enough to deal with them the way she is. I think that it depends of the thing which makes them become titans. Maybe there are different kind of serums which allow someone to develop this or that ability. Let's see. Something else: I think Commander Irvin knows more than it seems to. He seems to hide something...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:24 am

^ Yup! Both Mikasa and Levi/Rivaille should stay as just humans. Did you see how he owned Titan Annie? Pure bad-ass! If he turns into a titan that would be overkill. xD

Commander Irvin definitely knows a lot more than he shows. He really intrigues me. What he pulled last chapter was pretty confusing, luring all those titans. xD What is his objective? Then again, he did act pretty shady back when they had that plan to capture Annie, so it's probably a good thing, as twisted as it sounds.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:30 am

At the end of the day, it is still difficult for me to judge and to situate where the responsibilities belong to. Even Rainer, Berthold and Annie seem to be the victim or the tools used for a plan. Which plan? Have to wait and see. For now, I don't know, if they will be able to get Eren, Ymir and Crysta back or if they even will be able to catch Rainer and Berthold.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 pm

^ That's one of the many good things the series has. It's hard to tell who are the bad guys, let alone tell if the bad guys really are bad guys, or just victims of the circumstances. I think those old people from the cult that worships the walls as if they were god are even more evil than Annie, Reiner and Berthold. xD

I think they might not be able to get all of them back, but at least Eren. Though if I am being honest, part of me doesn't want them to get them back, so that we might get to see where are they being taken to, and probably get some clues about what's really going on.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm

^I have the same feeling. I would like to see what is happening on the other side, that would bring new informations or maybe complicate the story more... Let's see

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:47 pm

the thing is iwas randomly looking for anime to watch until I but up on attack of the titans. I usually search up in the wiki to find out more about the anime and the manga. this one had me interested so istarted watching the anime then I started reading the manga sine I would have to wait on more episodes to come out. I was glued to this.
eren who was a boy that you can tell that he wants to be independent.
I analysed the plot and I was like hmm
three walls and there are named too tho I can remember wall maria and I think annie was one(can't remember) , titans outside
ok

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion 528746348
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by kagome1991 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Dudes, the monkey titan is freaking me out I mean the damn thing can talk and comprehend stuff. That ain't right...
kagome1991
kagome1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:46 am

^ LOL! I felt the same way. Titans are all creepy to begin with, but the monkey-like titan's creepiness exceeds all other's. Not only did he seem to be smart, other titans seem to obey him!

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lily567 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:05 pm

I was wondering where that monkey gone cause I haven't seen him since that time the guys were at the abandoned castle.
a friend of mine at school was telling me that the titans are actually humans.
I don't know if that would explain why one or two of the titans spoke and why eren and the others can transform into titans

Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion 528746348
lily567
lily567

Back to top Go down

Post by JulaShona on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm

My theory till this day is that someone is kipnapping skilled people to brainwash them so that they think that there is no future behind the walls. They make them able to turn into titans and then get told to eradicate the humanity, so that they can live as titans with the titans in peace. Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion 2835597988 
What I wonder about is the monkey titan. Where did he come from? Why can he speak but not the other titans? Why does he appear now?Shingeki no Kyojin Manga Discussion 835629946
JulaShona
JulaShona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum