Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kushina and NaruHina

+16
Yamasaki Akaiko
jcena18
CoolChels
Batokusanagi
Mustang
Zori
TinaBeanz
Azuula
DerelictV
Yuri
Twin Steps
The Merchant
dovey
NekoKimio
eromreven
Strawberry
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kushina and NaruHina Empty Kushina and NaruHina

Post by Strawberry Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 pm

I thought we could have a thread to discuss the whole "find someone like me!" here. ^.^

As we all know, one of Kushina's advices to Naruto before she died, was for him to find someone like her.

NarSak thinks Sakura is Kushina's reincarnation, and therefore it will be canon. But should we really take it that way? Should we just accept that pink is red, punching someone in the head is meaningful and hating her hair/forehead is definitely what Kushina meant? My answer is NO. I think those "comparisons" are pretty shallow. Not to mention, most of the girls in Naruto have them! (and some boys too)

I think the most important thing Kushina wanted to give Naruto, was her love and devotion. And to protect him with her life. We know who fits that description very well: Hinata. Not only was she willing to sacrifice herself protecting him, we know her love for him is sincere. I believe that is more important than a bad attitude and verbal tics.

That is my interpretation of Kushina's words, and it's why I believe she would be happy to have a daughter in law like Hinata. <3 What do you guys think?
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Kushina and NaruHina Empty Re: Kushina and NaruHina

Post by eromreven Fri May 03, 2013 1:58 pm

There's a much simpler connection to Kushina that Hinata has, and Sakura doesn't.

Sakura is a terrible cook. Kushina's apparently a boss in the kitchen, and so is Hinata.
eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Fri May 03, 2013 2:14 pm

There are definitely many more similarities between Kushina and Hinata.
The Sakura/Kushina parallel is basically people saying pink=red and they both hit. -_-
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by dovey Fri May 03, 2013 2:17 pm

I agree with you.
Here's a little something I posted on tumblr a couple of weeks ago:

Kushina's Words to Naruto & MinaKushi/NaruHina (more like HinaNaru) Parallels

Kushina’s Words

We all know what Kushina said to Naruto. Well, it can be interpreted in many ways. The quote (where did I hear this? :0) “You have interpreted that nicely to fit your argument,” goes well with this scenario.

The most common and obvious interpretation is that who she was talking about was someone like Sakura. Loud, sort of violent, drawn in the same poses, etc. Y’know, the stuff on the surface. There is more than one way to be like someone though!

Kushina was willing to sacrifice herself for Naruto, as was Hinata. Sacrifice is said to be the highest level of love. So… maybe Kushina wanted Naruto to find someone who would love him that strongly. And isn’t this a little more important than finding a girl who beats you up and yells all the time, just because your mom said to find a girl like her? Of course, in the end, it’s Naruto’s choice.

In a sense, both Sakura and Hinata are like Kushina. It’s undeniable. We can interpret her words whichever way we see fit. As for me, I’m going with “My dearest Naruto, find a girl who will love you with all of her being, who would love you enough to sacrifice herself for you.” That doesn’t mean that Kushina has a death wish out for Naruto’s future wife, just that she would possess the degree of love needed to do so. (To be fair, I would like to say that Sakura would also probably sacrifice herself for Naruto, but it would be from the bond of friendship they have.)

MinaKushi Parallels

Well, Kushina, like Naruto, was an outcast who yelled about being Hokage and was laughed at by her classmates. But there was always someone watching her, who believed in and admired her— Minato, much like Hinata for Naruto.

And what did Kushina think of Minato? Well, he was a weirdo!! Until he saved her. Hinata was weird in Naruto’s eyes until she boosted his confidence before his fight with Neji. We know that Naruto didn’t develop romantic feelings for her then, but there was another time. When all hope seemed to be lost, for both Naruto (during his fight with Pain and again in the war arc Ch. 614/615) and Kushina (during her abduction), the weirdos swoop in to protect the ones they love. ;_;

--
But I also don't like parallels because they can be interpreted in so many ways. I had just seen so much "One panel debunks any chances of NaruHina happening!!" posts everywhere I went by NS fans. The panel they were talking about was of course, the "find a girl like me" one.
dovey
dovey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Merchant Fri May 03, 2013 3:49 pm

People have been debating over Kushina's last words for so long... Kushina and NaruHina 909205301

At this point I don't even care what exactly she meant by "weird girl" or "girl like me." Considering the way Hinata has (twice by now) leaped in front of Naruto, ready to sacrifice herself to protect him, I really don't think Kushina would have any problem giving her blessing to this couple.
The Merchant
The Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Fri May 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Its obvious that when kushina said some one like me, she meant some one to love him as much as she did. Not some one who (barely) looks and (barely) acts like her.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Fri May 03, 2013 11:55 pm

I think Kushina's words can point more towards Hinata than it does towards Sakura. But who knows, Kishi might end up trolling us and choose Karin instead > Red hair + bad attitude + both uzumaki (mwahaha)
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 am

There's a lot of minor similarities. The long hair, the cooking ability, the fact that both of them came from major clans, their faces are both more rounded.

Also you can't spell either name without Hina. Probably not important but I'm just saying.
eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by DerelictV Sat May 04, 2013 8:37 am

I do think she meant find someone who would love him as much as she did, which is like, MORE THAN ANYTHING UNCONDITIONAL etc. Accept him, believe in him, be there for him..

I think if Kushina ever met Hinata, she'd adore her :>
And she would love her for loving her son and always believing in him even when everyone hated him
DerelictV
DerelictV

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuula Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 am

There is a huge parallel with minakushi, and naruhina...

Kushina:a dreamer just like naruto
Minato: the one always cheering on and keeping by her side

Naruto:the dreamer
Hinata:the one cheering, protecting, and keeping by his side trying to watch over him.

Oh and yes ofcourse... Hinata and kushina are both awesome in the kitchen:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmvdP2oQsqI
Kushina and NaruHina Tumblr_mkxj5iOJ6t1s4y0ado3_500
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 am

eromreven wrote:There's a much simpler connection to Kushina that Hinata has, and Sakura doesn't.

Sakura is a terrible cook. Kushina's apparently a boss in the kitchen, and so is Hinata.

Haha, that is a fun comparison! Though I think Hinata's cooking has only been shown in fillers, as well as Sakura's bad cooking. But since NarSak is using fillers lately, as well as saying how they both got their hair pulled in the anime and Kushina ran through Sakura trees to prove similarities, then why not compare their cooking even if it's filler only? xD

ɢɨɳ ★ wrote:I think Kushina's words can point more towards Hinata than it does towards Sakura. But who knows, Kishi might end up trolling us and choose Karin instead > Red hair + bad attitude + both uzumaki (mwahaha)

Haha, or Gaara! He's got the red hair, is from another village, Naruto changed him and is a Jinchuriki who got his biju extracted. Identical! Kushina and NaruHina 713970279

Also, something else to note. We know how Naruto takes after Kushina. And we also know how both Naruto and Hinata are very similar to each other in many ways. It's even been stated in canon by Lee, how Hinata is very similar to Naruto, and Sakura agreed. That, to me, shows by extension a similarity between Hinata and Kushina. They might be different characters with many differences, but they are at least similar in the things that matter. <3
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mon May 06, 2013 7:54 am

That is just perfect! I has forgotten when Lee mentioned how similar Naruto and inata were! Omg ! NaruHina Kushina and NaruHina 1524285581
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Thu May 09, 2013 5:16 am

I remember when just before Minato was going to sacrifice himself for Naruto and his wife during the nine-tails attack, he said to kushina, “Thank you Kushina for making me into a man.” Maybe Kushina gave him some confidence that he so badly needed, looking back at the academy days he was probably shy around Kushina.

Thats what Naruto did with Hinata, gave her the confidence she needed throughout the span of the manga. You really got to see the growth of Hinata thanks to Naruto.

So if parallels are to be made: Minato = Hinata, and Kushina = Naruto.Kushina and NaruHina 29zxzbdKushina and NaruHina Tumblr_lyex4ygyBJ1qbs05mo2_500
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by TinaBeanz Thu May 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Well, I really doubt Kushina would be so vain and mean to literally find someone that looks like her only. I don't think any mother would give that advice to their sons for 2 HUGE reason, it's creepy and it's shallow.

And I don't think Sakura even looks like Kushina. She has hair that's in the same color family, and she hits Naruto. Those are not qualities a mother would want for her son. To go for someone just because they have hair color in the same family color as their mother is just silly and shallow. And to want your son to be hit by their significant other is just abusive and wrong. So, I HIGHLY doubt Kushina meant that with her last dying words.

But, I do think Kushina meant, to find someone that whole heartedly will love Naruto, and would be willing to risk her life for him as Kushina did.

But, I actually have another theory. Kishi stated in an interview that at first he wasn't going to give much backstory or importance to Naruto's parents. But when Kishi got married and had children of his own, he decided it was important to focus on the parents love for the child. He wanted to show how Kishi himself felt and what a parent would be willing to sacrifice for their child.

So, my theory is that whatever Kushina said to Naruto might have been words Kishi or Kishi's wife meant for their own children (who knows, maybe to get a mothers' perspective, he asked his wife what she would say). I'm not saying it's true, but it's just my own theory.

Either way, to me Kushina's words, do not equal pick Sakura.
TinaBeanz
TinaBeanz

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Fri May 10, 2013 4:50 am

^ Bravo :) Those are some awesome words. Exactly, what the NaruSakus only look at is at the outer appearance and not at what is exactly important in Kushina's words; love. And nice detail about Kishi's own experience as a father.
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by Zori Fri May 10, 2013 7:57 pm

I cant really seem why NS fan automatically think that just because kushina said find a girl like me, that means sakura. And to be honest, the only thing they share is colorul hair and attitude. NaruSaku does not resemble MK, why because well... Kushina is the rowdy and loud , while minato is calm and cool. Also I have noticed, Kushina and Hinata both get nervous happy when talking about the guy the love, kushina scratches her head and hinata plays with her fingers. Kushina and NaruHina 3139784573
Zori
Zori

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Sat May 11, 2013 1:13 am

That's just another thing that separates parallels from parallulz.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sat May 11, 2013 2:19 am

Didn't Kushina also remark, "don't go for the first girl that comes you way," yes Naruto did have a crush on Sakura for a while but not much eventuated from that crush.

Kushina and NaruHina 1451094933
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoKimio Sat May 11, 2013 3:17 am

^It depends on translation. I think the official viz translated said "don't go for the first girl that comes your way". I may be wrong.
NekoKimio
NekoKimio

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Sat May 11, 2013 8:36 am

But there's another version saying; ''don't find yourself a bad girl, go for a girl like me''
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm

I think I should be making my point about this topic. Apart from temper which I will discard here

I find that Hinata actually has far more in common with Kushina than Sakura does, and here are the reasons that back up this claim.

1. Physical appearance: not sure if you all noticed but if you give Hinata, Kushina's eyes and long red hair then the two would look exactly alike, but that isn't the case so here the real reason why. when you look at facial expressions both Hinata and Kushina have that firm, determined, caring expression when they are around people. the two women in question pretty much have the same build and they are rather attractive as well, so is that a possible reference? Hinata and Kushina both have rounded face as well (well that could be a shallow reason, but I don't care)

2. they both get really flustered when it comes to talking about the men they love, as we saw in the past, Kushina scratches the back of her head and uses her verbal tic (you know) when talking about Minato. Hinata stutters (less now) and plays with her fingers (less now) when she talks about Naruto.

3. As one of the videos pointed out on Youtube and I believe the user is on this page (hello). Hinata had changed for the better when Naruto cheered her on, she even said 'she liked herself a little more,' Kushina then said she hated her red hair, but Minato complimented her red hair and she loved it afterwards, she became more confident because of Minato's compliment. Hey hasn't Hinata become a lot more confident during this entire war? so Naruto's confidence has rubbed off on her.

4. another thing pointed out by the same user (something I forgot to even look at). Hinata was willing to sacrifice her life to save Naruto and she has done so on at least two occasions (that I know of) proving her love to Naruto, this is something that Kushina did for her son before he was I think two hours old, she stopped Kurama from killing her son while sacrificing her life for him.

5. Unconditional love: Kushina as a mother would for her son, she would have done everything for Naruto. Hinata as the one that would do anything and everything for Naruto even die for him.

6. They can both give Naruto encouragement through their words, (again another thing pointed out by the same youtube user) man she is awesome.

now for the fun things.

7 Kushina was complimented by Minato for her cooking. Naruto complimented Hinata on her cooking.

now this next part will go on the similarities between Naruto and Kushina.

The hot headed nature, to charge in without thinking of the concequences, but they both have the same verbal tics (you know or believe it), they both shared the same dream, (Naruto's current dream) of becoming Hokage.

hope you all enjoyed it
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 pm

If NS can find a panel of Kushina punching Minato, then I'll take this parallel seriously Kushina and NaruHina 1287005144
Anyway, the most important Kushina-Hinata parellel: they've both told Naruto they love him. And they meant it.
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 pm

^ nicely pointed out, that I agree with. +rep for you mate.

both ladies have told Naruto they love him, Kushina as a mother would for her own child and Hinata due to her undying feelings for Naruto.

and yes I also agree with the fact that Kushina never punched the shit out of Minato so that cannot be used as a parallel.

speaking of parallels what about Tsunade beating the life out of Jiraiya, yeah we know how well that turned out for Jiraiya and Tsunade, those two never ended up together and Tsunade was in love with Dan. that is something I have seen NS fans use a fair few times.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolChels Thu May 16, 2013 4:53 pm

I completely agree with the above statements all the way!!
CoolChels
CoolChels

Back to top Go down

Post by jcena18 Fri May 17, 2013 1:14 am

I agree on your points! I also find Minato most same as Hinata.. they are both quiet and calm but can kick butt.. Kushina and NaruHina 1387651764

kushina is most likely the same as naruto..
jcena18
jcena18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next