Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga)

4 posters

Go down

Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga) Empty Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga)

Post by eromreven Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 am

We know that Road to Ninja features a different universe, yes? Well. What could have shifted to make things so different? What could have changed? There has to be something that literally 180'd almost every character's personalities.

So I have some theories.

The first and foremost thing that happened to change things is simply this: Madara is actually dead in the RTNverse.

So, we have Sakura's dad. In the movie, she said he never made it past Genin in the normal universe, but in RTN he was Hokage and made Hokage over Orochimaru, Minato, and Kushina (assuming that the three of these characters had that motivation) obviously in the RTNverse. Even if none of them wanted the job, the fact that a man who in the normal verse wasn't capable of chunin is now Kage-class means that he had a really badass teacher.

So, I'm assuming that either Sarutobi took up teaching again after the sanin... or something else. Kakashi is way more excited and happy in the RTNverse than he is usually. And because of this, I have to guess that Sakumo Hatake never died the way he did. Maybe he still lived in shame but the point was is that he got over it instead of killing himself, and was Kizashi's (sakura's dad)sensei.

Now. We see Kakashi still has the sharingan in the RTNverse. This means he was still on the same team with Obito and Minato was still his sensei. Obito actually died in this universe without Madara to revive him so Kakashi still has the eye and depending on Rin, likely has the Mangekyou as well. We're shown that not only did Kakashi change, but Gai got severely depressed. This might be due to Obito's death, but it's something deeper for sure. In the manga, we're shown a brief glimpse into Gai's dark side with the Waterfall. The dark side says "he is much too old to keep doing what Gai does" saying that at heart, Gai is actually pretty tired. I think what keeps him going these days is Lee, Neji and Tenten, but with Lee and Neji now gross perverts, the clumsy Tenten is his good student. RTN Tenten sucks as weapons and is instead apparently an efficient med-nin, ironically being closer to her idol Tsunade than her normal self. So his good student isn't really fitted to his teaching style and he's kinda lost hope.

Since the possibility Sakumo is still alive in RTN exists, this has a profound effect on everything. While not becoming Hokage, Sakumo is revered as more powerful than any of the Sannin and we all know how much stock is put into even one legendary ninja. Because of the changed circumstances, Konoha effectively builds up the ninja equivalent to nuclear deterrent.

Kushina was never made the kyuubi jinchuriki, but made up for it by still being an expert in sealing arts so Minato still developed the Hiraishin. I'm fairly certain that the 3rd Ninja war was still being fought and the attack on Konoha in RTN is what killed off Sakura's parents. I'm actually thinking that this is when Tsunade took up the reins as Hokage, allowing Sarutobi to still be retired. The only reason I think this is because Tsunade is much more calm and elderly in RTN, so maybe her shifted personality allowed her to handle Nawaki and Dan's deaths better (if they are even dead!). So with the death of the Hokage and his wife, you've got a slight weakening of Konoha's strength but at the same time, you have Minato, Kushina, possibly Sakumo, possibly Sarutobi, and possibly 2 of the 3 Sannin still in Konoha. Plus a Kakashi who had begun to make a name for himself like in the normal universe ONLY HE TRAINS LIKE MIGHT GAI.

Cloud likely didn't even try to kidnap Hinata in the RTN verse, meaning Neji grew up with a dad and is much happier.

So. Why are our rookie eleven kids different?

Well, during the attack that took place on Konoha, it's very likely that Menma was threatened which in turn made Minato and Kushina prioritize family over the way of the ninja. This in turn made Menma rebellious. Saying that Hinata still looks up to Menma like she does Naruto, it becomes easy to see that this rebelliousness inspired our beloved little shrinking violet to become sharp tongued, hotblooded, and borderline scary.

Kiba? Simple. His dad was probably a cat person and he might have never gotten the boot from Tsume, or perhaps Tsume is even dead.

Shino... ah, hell, who even knows?

Shikamaru was traumatized as a boy and it created a major block on his intellect. Chouji, by the same token, didn't befriend him and instead of accepting the fact that he was supposed to be weighty, he worked his ass off to tone up hard. Not liking his traditional clan jutsu, he began to study hard in order to learn new jutsu and perhaps create his own version of clan techniques. It's safe to say that in this world, Chouji is even the Rookie of the Year in his class. Ino became the shrinking violet because Sakura didn't need her help. Sakura's the child of heroes. It's very likely that she was completely overshadowed by a more confident Hinata and an idolized Sakura. This made her more withdrawn and quiet. Team Asuma has the dynamic of top student (Chouji) good student (Ino) and dead last(Shikamaru)

Sasuke? Well, with Kurama never attacking, without Madara "besmirching" the name, without being shunned by the village, the Uchiha were never tried a coup, so they didn't die. I don't know what made Itachi leave any way, but as far as Sasuke goes, he became a ladies man, likely relying on his charm and good looks.

RTN Sakura didn't seem as smart but is also less crass as well. Without her mom pushing her to excellence, she didn't study as hard, but becoming an orphan made her more humble and kinder.

Neji and Lee being perverts? Well, Lee's sort of a mystery, but Neji... well, fandom's always thought the Hyuuga were closet perverts anyway.

eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga) Empty Re: Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga)

Post by Twin Steps Fri May 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Wow, that's a lot of thought gone into it.
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga) Empty Re: Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga)

Post by Yuri Sat May 04, 2013 12:12 am

Interesting, although I haven't watched the movie yet.
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven Sat May 04, 2013 4:57 am

Twin Steps wrote:Wow, that's a lot of thought gone into it.

Road to Ninja theory (major Spoilers for Road to Ninja and current manga) 2801306734 it's because I have no life.
eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by DerelictV Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 am

omg I want to read this >< But I'm scared it'll completely spoil the movie for me if I haven't already done so for myself.. (thanks tumblr.)

but once I watch it, I'm going to read the shiz out of this

i've been avoiding tumblr like the plague
DerelictV
DerelictV

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Sat May 04, 2013 10:56 am

Just wtch it already xD
Yuri
Yuri

Back to top Go down

Post by eromreven Sat May 04, 2013 4:11 pm

DerelictV wrote:omg I want to read this >< But I'm scared it'll completely spoil the movie for me if I haven't already done so for myself.. (thanks tumblr.)

but once I watch it, I'm going to read the shiz out of this

i've been avoiding tumblr like the plague

^ watch. NAO
eromreven
eromreven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down