Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Naruto the necessary "link" for SasuSaku?

4 posters

Go down

Is Naruto the necessary "link" for SasuSaku? Empty Is Naruto the necessary "link" for SasuSaku?

Post by Irielo Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:59 am

It seems that Sasuke still needs to open his heart in order to appreciate the bonds he decided to break when he left Konoha. Naruto knows that the Sasuke showing concern for the ones he loves, has not disappeared. Naruto reminding his best friend in chapter 680 about their fight against Haku and Zabuza was a way for Naruto to speak to Sasuke's heart and a way to make him understand not to be so rude, because, despite being right, he did hurt Sakura with his words...

Sakura on the other hand, is not aware of some important things regarding Sasuke. She still does not know the "true" story behind the Uchiha massacre and there were times where she could not see how Sasuke did care for her (ch 133 for instance). Naruto in opposition to her, knows about these things.

That's why he is in a position which allows him to understand Sasuke better. He also realized that Sakura's love for Sasuke is for real and that she never judged him for some of his past wrong doings...

Although I would like a situation involving Sasuke and Sakura to happen, and where Sasuke would open his heart by himself (leading eventually to SasuSaku), I think Naruto will be a big help in the process. If Naruto, like Kakashi said once, has this special ability to change people's heart, then one of his biggest challenges remains Sasuke in that aspect.

What do you think people? Is Naruto's influence necessary in Sasuke's life for the latter to rebuild his bonds and to love (friendship, romantic -with Sakura of course-) or not absolutely?

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Is Naruto the necessary "link" for SasuSaku? Empty Re: Is Naruto the necessary "link" for SasuSaku?

Post by senjusana Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:34 am

Obviously Naruto's help is needed for Sasuke.It is Naruto who knows both of his team mates very well.
Naruto knows the truth behind Sasuke's suffering.Whereas Sakura doesn't.But still she chooses to love Sasuke.Also he knows how unconditionally Sakura loves Sasuke.I guess that he'd be the one to remind Sasuke of his past self.And also assure Sakura by taking care of Sasuke's well being.
senjusana
senjusana

Back to top Go down

Is Naruto the necessary "link" for SasuSaku? Empty Re: Is Naruto the necessary "link" for SasuSaku?

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 am

senjusana wrote:Obviously Naruto's help is needed for Sasuke.It is Naruto who knows both of his team mates very well.
Naruto knows the truth behind Sasuke's suffering.Whereas Sakura doesn't.But still she chooses to love Sasuke.Also he knows how unconditionally Sakura loves Sasuke.I guess that he'd be the one to remind Sasuke of his past self.And also assure Sakura by taking care of Sasuke's well being.

To the bolded: That's the thing actually, to which extend is Naruto's help needed in that matter? Does Naruto have to do the whole job or will Sakura also play a determinant role or will Sasuke simply understand the importance of bonds by himself?

I have the feeling that the only person with whom he has actually bonded for now, is Naruto. Not only for strategic purposes but I think he also feels the same thing which Naruto told Hagoromo, that he is like his own brother.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by senjusana Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:38 am

No matter how much hatred Sasuke has towards his life.He has always had a tender side towards Naruto and Sasuke.He had acknowledged Naruto's power.Sasuke needs a little more help from Naruto just to remind his Part 1 self.The way he wanted Naruto to protect Sakura from Gaara..that showed how much he cared for his teammates.
I guess Sakura is and will play a determinant role by loving him and supporting him even if he ignores her/tries to kill her.
senjusana
senjusana

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:05 pm

No, Naruto is not necessary and he won't be necessary.

Sasuke is already open to the bonds that he never broke (despite whatever is said to the contrary) in the first place. Sasuke does not operate the same way Naruto does so he's not going to act the same way as Naruto would to a situation--and I still think too many people forget that. Sasuke has always been rude/blunt/harsh and that will never change. Naruto isn't going to make Sasuke change in that regard either. The point of Naruto saying what he did with regards to the Haku situation was not to tell Sasuke to be nice, but to point out that Naruto knows that Sasuke actually does care. Sasuke was lying to say that he didn't care considering he looked to see how Kakashi, Sakura, & Obito were handling themselves first and then went to save Naruto. That's why Sasuke was able to explain to Naruto what Kakashi did in detail whereas Naruto was clueless. IF Sasuke didn't care at all, he never would've checked to see if they needed help and wouldn't have known what happened to those 3.

Remember, Itachi killed his entire family and despite Sasuke claiming that he hated Itachi, a part of him still loved Itachi anyway. That part of him grew once he found out the real reason why Itachi killed off his family. Sasuke still considers Sakura to be precious just as he did when he was younger. The only thing that's different is that they've both tried to kill each other. In this world, that's not going to change underlining feelings, but it will change how you act towards each other (similar to how Sasuke treated Itachi differently after he killed his family and then again after learning the reason why).

Naruto has had plenty of opportunities to tell Sakura about the massacre and he hasn't. I don't see that ever changing. Sasuke & Sakura need to work out their relationship on their own. Sakura tended to learn things about Sasuke from Sasuke himself back in Part 1. I suspect the reason Sakura still doesn't know is that she's going to learn about it from Sasuke... or she'll learn it from Obito just as Sasuke & Naruto did so that all Team 7 members hear it from the same source.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:26 am

^I agree with the points above. The thing is that Sasuke might have not broken his bond deep inside his heart, but leaving Konoha was an "official" decision to break his bonds with the village (assuming to be a missing-nin) and with his friends along with it.

To me, Sasuke's heart did not turn into stone but he put a stone on it, forcing himself to make abstraction of these bonds in order to become stronger... This might, somehow, have had a psychological influence on him... Sasuke surely does care, he does not deal with things the way Naruto does but he should, imo, respect the feelings of people who really love him instead of hurting them despite being realistic.

Anyway, I've appreciated Sakura's reaction in chapter 683. Although she was sad when she heard how Sasuke talked about her (and Kakashi) in chapter 681, she still believes that she can help in some way to get to Sasuke (and in general as well).
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Well, I don't think Sasuke does "respect" (in the way you mean it) other people's feelings. Sasuke is not going to mince words or spare a person's feelings. I don't think that's having a lack of "respect" it's just a mind-set of believing that people should be able to deal with hearing things said honestly without it being softened. I think Sasuke considers it to be disrespectful to soften an opinion or facts of a situation. That's why Sasuke was upset when Hashirama was telling Tobirama to say things in a nicer way to him. Sasuke expects to hear things as they are without pretense (and seemed to appreciate Tobirama for doing such things) and also gives his thoughts in the same way. Sasuke honors that mind-set.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Yamasaki Akaiko wrote:Well, I don't think Sasuke does "respect" (in the way you mean it) other people's feelings. Sasuke is not going to mince words or spare a person's feelings. I don't think that's having a lack of "respect" it's just a mind-set of believing that people should be able to deal with hearing things said honestly without it being softened. I think Sasuke considers it to be disrespectful to soften an opinion or facts of a situation. That's why Sasuke was upset when Hashirama was telling Tobirama to say things in a nicer way to him. Sasuke expects to hear things as they are without pretense (and seemed to appreciate Tobirama for doing such things) and also gives his thoughts in the same way. Sasuke honors that mind-set.

Very interesting point! It reminds me to some extent about Hiashi... Well, this mind-set you are describing corresponds to how some pride people in the story deal with things. In fact the characters having this kind of mind-set are very strict with themselves first, which explains why they could sometimes sound rude while talking to others who don't necessarily share the same pedagogy...

In Sasuke's case however, I think the latter has been often extremely hard on himself. This trauma he went through when he lost his family/clan made him think that he was not strong enough to protect those he loved. What made things worse, is that it's only after him killing Itachi that he heard the truth behind his brother's actions. So, it's very understandable how mad Sasuke got afterwards.

After his clan massacre, he had to grow up, hating himself not to have been strong enough, then after hearing the truth about this massacre, he realized that his revenge was in vain, that he was too naive and was not able to read between the lines... The thing with Sasuke is that I don't know if he has finally and completely made peace with himself ( to some extent, similar to Naruto during his training on Turtle Island in front of the Waterfall of Truth).

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 pm

I believe even Obito can show insight on what happened considering hes the one who even told Naruto as "Madara" at that time [Maybe] Naruto may be the one to tell her [Maybe as well] but.. I think that maybe the development for Sakura & Sasuke after Obito dies or still there [Would be more serious if Obitos not there] is when Sakura saves him, hes impressed [doesn't say it] and Sakura starts asking him all these questions and wanting answers of everything thats happened with him to the point where he gives her the cold shoulder about it and Sakura starts gets mad and starts to yell these questions at him in anger, and hurt, and sadness to the point where Sasuke is surprised by her sudden change of personality and tells her the truth of the massacre and on why hes still did what he did, and it would be a knock 2 birds out in 1 shot thing cause it would show Sakura can stand up to Sasuke in another manner then just letting him take over with his hard personality and another shot to finding out the truth through Sasuke and be some sort of development?

I'd personally rather Sakura & Sasuke get closure in it with eachother about it, if Kishi lets Sakura and Sauske's character go as far as that.
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down