Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you ship a pairing in general?

4 posters

Go down

Why do you ship a pairing in general?

Why do you ship a pairing in general? Vote_lcap27%Why do you ship a pairing in general? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
Why do you ship a pairing in general? Vote_lcap67%Why do you ship a pairing in general? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 10 ]
Why do you ship a pairing in general? Vote_lcap6%Why do you ship a pairing in general? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Why do you ship a pairing in general? Empty Why do you ship a pairing in general?

Post by Irielo Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:19 am

I support NH for instance for what it represents. Their connection is so beautiful that I fear I would not find the words to describe how the story made this pairing likable for me. I would be happy if NH happened but that's not my main reason for supporting it. In other words NH happening or not, I will still love the pairing.

What about you?
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Why do you ship a pairing in general? Empty Re: Why do you ship a pairing in general?

Post by Azuula Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Same here. Mainly for what the parings represent. But not always. Sometimes it's the way they "look" together as well.

I had a bit of trouble trying to pair the main character from Nisekoi series with either of the two female protagonists. I'm not going to spoil it but if you go ahead and check it out you'll get what I'm trying to say.
Azuula
Azuula

Back to top Go down

Why do you ship a pairing in general? Empty Re: Why do you ship a pairing in general?

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:39 pm

I ship in general because I like the possibilities that the pairing could make up in my mind. Sometimes interactions in official context can create those possibilities. Sometimes interactions in fan created things create those possibilities.

I don't ship based on "it will happen" reasons, but I won't argue for a ship unless I think it will happen. I do sometimes ship based on "looks."
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:20 am

Regarding the "looks", I admit that sometimes I like pairings because the characters look good together. However, I don't ship them together automatically. For instance, I was not interested in the pairing issues at all in Naruto Part 1 and to me, Naruto and Hinata looked only cute together. It did not matter with whom Naruto would end up at the end of the day.

It's only when Hinata intervened and confessed that I became a NaruHina fan and started to ship them together.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Eh, I don't really ship any pairing in Naruto based on looks actually. Some I do think look pretty good, but that's not really why I care about them ("canon" or "crack" pairings).

I was thinking more along the lines of some Marvel/DC stuff where I only have 3 real ships (all 3 based on cartoon shows, though in the case of my Marvel couple, that one does have comic support as well). All other pairings that I'm okay with are mainly based on the "they do look good together" moreso than anything else as I don't care all that much.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 pm

^Sorry, I might have not expressed myself clearly enough. If I took NaruHina as example, it's because it's really the first time I am shipping a pairing in a manga. There are some pairings I like or dislike in other stories, but I never really shipped them. With NaruHina, it is another story. Although Kishimoto has once stated that he is not so good at writing romance, NaruHina spoke to me in a way that I had to ship it.

Funnily, it "helped" me to also ship pairings in other mangas. In School Rumble (Kobayashi Jin) for instance, I ship Harima and Yakumo, although it did not happen because I like the dynamic between those two, but I like Harima and Eri because they look good together.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:25 am

I don't ship anything but if i had too choose it'd be #2.

Naruto and Hinata share alot. And Kishi has seemingly done this on purpose and his writing further proves the point.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down